Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: The Wrath Of The Lamb

From the previews I saw on Thursday, I am concerned that this will be anticlimactic, especially in light of the cancellation fingers are crossed that I'm wrong

Ok. Never mind. I was so wrong.

Edited by kechara
  • Love 5

Did she really eat her own leg??? Eww!

I thought Will & Hannibal were gonna kiss before they pulled a Thelma & Louise.

I was so worried for Will's pretty face but the stab wound didn't look too bad.

• Love 3

Y'all.

I hated it.

And that makes me so sad because I LOVED this show so, so, so much.

And with seemingly no chance for another outlet to pick this show up.........that's it.

I hated it and now I'm sad. :(

• Love 9

Well, holy crap balls.

Okay, that Siouxsie song sounded like it should be a James Bond theme. It was amazing.

I have to admit I guffawed at Jack's face when he found the ruined escape plan. I mean, come on, Jack. Come on.

Well, luckily his murder husband is a doctor, so he'll get stitched up right proper.

• Love 8

YOU GUYS! MURDER HUSBANDS! MURDER HUSBANDS IS CANON!

I loved it. I loved it so much. While I also preferred the feeling I was left with BEFORE the post-credits scene, I appreciate that IF there were to be a season 4, some hint that at least one of them had survived was going to be necessary to keep the audience on the hook. But wow. That was really the only possible ending for those two characters, who were so entangled that they could never let each other go and never cut each other off. Will wanted to kill Hannibal, but he could never live with the person he'd become in order to do it. It was perfect. Wrath of the Lamb, indeed.

And the Dragon. Yes! So much better than the book. He faked his death, escaped the law, but was played so expertly by both Will and Hannibal that he just couldn't make his getaway. He wasn't driven by his own need for power or revenge, he was drawn by a set of murder husbands into a deadly trap. Will holding that wineglass like he didn't have a care in the world... that hurt. And like Bedelia also discovered the hard way, when the worm turns and instinct kicks in, all the things you never wanted to acknowledge about yourself come bursting out into the light. All plans are realized. All conclusions reached. And the loose ends? Only certainties that haven't yet occurred.

God damn, I'm going to miss this show. There's never been anything like it.

• Love 14

Anyone else found it kind of depressing how cavalier Jack was about his plans to murder two men ?

Otherwise I found it amusing how they literally jumped off a cliff together. For a moment there I half expected them to start kissing.

The whole episode was kind of trippy and nonsensical in parts.

• Love 6

Man, I'm bummed about Will going over the cliff with Hannibal. I mean I knew it would happen but I still feel sad about it.

But of course, maybe we'll get lucky.

I'm gonna need to watch it again...but I'm ....ambivalent about the end.

As soon as I saw Hannibal and Will standing on that cliff overlooking the sea, I was convinced that one of them was going to throw the other one off of it. I just didn't expect both of them to go over together with their arms around each other. Now who initiated going over? Did Hannibal lean back or did Will lean forward? I loved how you could see the space between them as they were standing on the edge of the cliff clutching at each other and then Will leaned in and closed the gap between them.

I didn't like that last bit after the credits with Bedelia and her leg either.

• Love 6

I am in a daze right now...

I went into it with a 50/50 chance of ending up sad and displeased but holy mother of everything, right now I am nothing but ecstatic and content and smiling and smirking and grinning. 

Thank you Fuller, that was the best ending you could offer us --> in my opinion, I respect those who right now sit there and cry in disappointment but the happiness of such a divine ending makes me selfish right now :)
I thought Francis was dead and then he suddenly isn't. After his meeting I was like, who is "in bed" with who now? There were so many pairings, plotting and all, it wasn't certain who was playing whom.

And Will, you naughty boy, you and Jack and the lovely Alana, plotting and not giving the proverbial rat's butt about any cop dying in the process? Will knew the Dragon would strike, the other two can't possibly be so stupid as to not think something will go sideways, and Chilton, well, he's probably still laughing his butt off in his tube hehe..

Hannibal and Will teaming up against the Dragon, it was basically the best ending considering there won't be a 4th season, and it still keeps it open as to "the murder husbands" surviving or not.

Edit: Bedelia and her leg were a bit over the top, I was expecting Alana and her wifey to arrive to indulge in the feast, or Jack for that matter, it was just a bit too unbelievable and weird...

Edited by Ashura77
  • Love 4

Wow, just wow. If that's indeed the end of the show (I still think we can get another season in two or three years, possibly on Netflix after the Amazon deal is up), at least it was a perfect ending.

I have to admit I guffawed at Jack's face when he found the ruined escape plan. I mean, come on, Jack. Come on.

Seriously, Jack totally lacks any kind of self awareness. How could that plan not end up like it did? Of course, in any other reality Dollarhyde wouldn't be able to pull off that lunacy it took to "free" Hannibal, but Jack really should know better by now.

I thought Will & Hannibal were gonna kiss before they pulled a Thelma & Louise.

I never thought Fuller would actually have them kiss, but that sure was damn close. Of course, I'm not sure that would've been a good idea for Will what with his mouth being stabbed and all. Not that Hannibal would mind the extra blood.

Re: Bedelia and her leg: Damn that show. No matter how horrible it is, it always makes me hungry.

• Love 3

Wow! Very mixed emotions on this finale but overall I enjoyed it but less than season two.

I wonder how Fuller would've written a next season with Hannibal and Will's death?! Did they fake their deaths? How?

Anyway, wonderfully acted overall especially between Dancy/Mikkelson but wow to Armitage as he really stood out! Loved the chemistry between these people! The best part of the episode. I really got into the intense scene with Francis and Reba in the beginning. Well done.

Questions, questions, questions...

Could Dr. Chilton really survive in that state? Unbelievable.

Did the FBI know Francis was going to overtake the van in a police car and let it happen?

I know Hannibal and Will were bait for Francis but why did they let him shoot and stab them? Seems excessive. He could've really killed them. Farfetched but I knew we would get a bloody finale.

Was Will's intention all along to kill himself and Hannibal? Why? He has a wife and son he loves!

I'm surprised NBC's letting this episode show with Francis wanting to film Hannibal's death after the horrible TV deaths this week.

Those who benefitted the least from this episode were Alana, Jack and Margot and it showed this episode. They're just filler and nothing more. I'm sad about Jack but not Alana and Margot.

I HATED the Bedelia scene. It was totally not necessary and it ruined the episode. Fuller must love her character but I disliked her a lot this season. What was the point? It was so out of left field.

Also, I would've hated Fuller if he caved into those who think Hannibal and Will are in love and throw in a kiss. It would've been ridiculous! I just enjoy watching their incredible scenes together because they do have chemistry and since they're the stars of the show that's very important.

Great show that I'm going to miss a lot! Hopefully, eventually, we'll get something more.

Edited by kmm49
  • Love 2

Also, I would've hated Fuller if he caved into those who think Hannibal and Will are in love and throw in a kiss.

This whole show has been a love story between Hannibal and Will from very early on. And really, what happened on screen was, in this particular world's emotional lexicon, a lot more intimate than a kiss.

I'm also a little bit dismayed by the end-of-credits scene. I know that when it all was filmed they were still hoping to come back for another season but I feel like the Thelma and Louise ending just worked better.

• Love 6

I called it. Fandom pandering bullshit. I'm sorry, but I thought it was laughable when they were heaving by the cliff side. Yes Bryan, fandom does ship Will and Hannibal. Throwing away two seasons for this nonsense. Well I'm glad they're both dead, at least Bryan didn't have them riding off into the sunset. I feel so cheated. Especially where Will is considered. In the early episodes of S3, when they started talking about Will still being drawn to Hannibal, I knew something was up. It was a retcon as far as I'm concerned. The whole of S3 is a retcon.

Anyway, I'm happy that Alana had a decent ending with her family.

ETA: In fact, when he swapped out Abigail for Bedelia, the alarm bells rang. I expressed concern for how she'd fit into the narrative, because once you got over the surprise of seeing her on the plane, storywise, there's not much you can do with her. Very self-indulgent move. That was the first sign imo. He probably knew the show was over then. Didn't give a fuck anymore. Got to work with Gillan, got to ramp up Bedelia, got his masturbatory art scenes, and got his murder husband ending. He certainly dropped the mic.

Edited by greenbean
  • Love 6

I don't think they died. It's like Reichenbach Falls. Also, with Chilton still alive...everybody is a cockroach.

I wish there was more. I really do.

You could maybe Rochambaux Chilton with Will and Hannibal. I don't know what the hand signs would be though...I'm sure there's a better one though.

• Love 3

History and the news have made it known that there are people out there who feel that they have limbs that they feel are parasitic and want them gone.  Even Jerry Springer had at least one episode with a guy that felt that his leg didn't belong on his body and cut it off himself.  So I was just struck with a wacky theory for the Bedelia ending scene:  Bedelia has heard that Will and Hannibal are dead, but she still has Hannibal's influence raging in her head.  She advertises for someone to amputate her leg.  

Bedelia finds someone to help her remove her leg and, after her time with Hannibal, she feels compelled to consume it.  She just HAS to know what it's like. Not sure if the two vacant seats are to honor Will and Hannibal, or Bedelia has some human flesh loving guests coming.  You just know such people exist.

EDIT:  I didn't notice Bedelia picking up a fork as a weapon (hazard of watching on a tablet at 4AM).  So my theory is now garbage.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1

Fuller's been calling it a "love story" since long before the show even premiered, so I can't see it as "pandering" to any particular fan base. This has been his design all along, more or less.

But yeah I don't think Will and Hannibal died. They may have intended to, but the post-credits scene seems to imply that at least one of them is still alive. Bedelia picked up that fork at the end to use as a weapon against whomever had cooked her leg.

Edited by Tippi Blevins
  • Love 10

Holy shit. 

A lot of the middle parts of the episode I could take or leave but the last quarter, the fight scene, the end before the credits - FANTASTIC! 

I don't even know what to make of that post-credit scene but...

I finished this episode feeling like I loved it. Man, I'm going to miss this show.

• Love 3

The main characters of importance on the show have always been Hannibal and Will. I really could've cared less about what happened to anyone else. Some people might see a bromance, romance, etc. but even though the ending might've been a little overdone depending on your view of the Hannibal/Will relationship I still think it showed the amazing chemistry that the actors had together and ultimately that's all that matters to me. In my opinion they were just two hurt men holding on to each other for comfort.

In my opinion a kiss would've been pandering and I was *really* worried that was going to happen and thank God it didn't!

Edited by kmm49
  • Love 5

I have problems to understand what could have  been ridiculous about Hannibal and  Will kissing or being platonically  in love. There was something  going on between  Hannibal and Clarice in the books and here, Will has been given lots of Clarice's lines. Also, it's a fact that sexuality can be very fluid: As I've said in another post,  I don't think Hannibal has felt sexual attraction for anyone in his life and probably kissing has nothing to do with love in his mind,  but imo, a brush of lips (to taste Will's blood, for example) would have felt right too. 

Bedelia looked scared and  high as a kite. I agree that it implies that Hannibal (and maybe  Will) survived.

Didn't Francis ripped off Chilton's tongue? How was he able to speak? Anyway, I can't believe he was getting better. 

This show... I'm going to miss it a lot. 

• Love 6

What I loved about the post credit sequence- and, I think, the point of it- was the ambiguity of Bedelia's fate. Was she a captive of Will and Hannibal, awaiting dinner? Or was this her sacrifice (in an episode full of them) in order to appease both her paranoia and the fear of Hannibal that lingers deep within her? Brilliant, in my mind.

Edited by Dean Learner
  • Love 10

Bedelia said that Will's plan was going to end in all their deaths. I think we're supposed to interpret that final moment as a sign that Hannibal survived, the rest of the books play out as canon (you can see how Clarice could easily step in next season to replace Will in dealing with Hannibal, either because he's dead or truly too damaged to return), and at some point in the future, either before his recapture before Silence of the Lambs or after his escape in SoTL, Hannibal catches up with Bedelia and proves her right. Alana is probably also on the menu, wherever she and her family fled to. Hannibal keeps his promises.

My impression is that Will was the one who toppled them over the cliff. Hannibal might have been expecting it, but he didn't initiate it. That's not his MO, it's not the way he would have wanted to kill Will (no theatricality, no cannibalism). But it's exactly the way Will would have wanted that night to end. He said he was going to kill Hannibal and he did, including the part of Hannibal that was awakening within himself. Hannibal saw that cliff differently than Will. For Hannibal, it represented something like immortality. That the land itself crumbled away to be forgotten while he lived and persevered, god-like. Will is the one who would have wanted to BE forgotten. Washed away, like the thing he had become never existed. With no evidence to go on but my own interpretation, I believe that fall was Will's design.

• Love 10

My impression is that Will was the one who toppled them over the cliff.

I agree. At first I thought Bedelia was eating Hannibal and Will but anyway how the Hell could Hannibal survive that fall?

Edited by kmm49
What I loved about the post credit sequence- and, I think, the point of it- was the ambiguity of Bedelia's fate. Was she a captive of Will and Hannibal, awaiting dinner? Or was this her sacrifice (in an episode full of them) in order to appease both her paranoia and the fear of Hannibal that lingers deep within her? Brilliant, in my mind.

Totally. I think the ending could be interpreted two ways. Either, she is offering up her own leg as way to wiggle out of Hannibal's plan to kill and eat her. Or the other way is that Hannibal and Will are here and Hannibal has set up dinner.

The way Will and Hannibal fell off the cliff, I interpret it as Will fulfilling his promise to Jack and eliminating Hannibal. Even though he might agree to Hannibal about the kill, he can't let him escape and he was in no condition to subdue him for the Feds.

Murder Husbands? I rather think more like wolf pack from the way they circled Dolerhyde like he is their prey.

Chilton may be a sleazebag, but he's probably only ones left to give out an honest perspective that Alana/Will/Jack are no different than Hannibal anymore when it comes to rationalizing who is disposable.

"Love Crime." Apt ending song.

Edited by redfish
  • Love 2

Mads Mikkelson killed this episode. His facial expressions (and they're basically micro-expressions) said so so much about what Hannibal was thinking.

I think that was half of why I loved this episode. 

• Love 4

I will miss this show and my sweet murder husbands with my whole heart.  That hug at the end gutted me; when Will put his head on Hannibal's chest and then wound his arm around his neck.... GAH!  I haven't bought DVD's in years, but I will be buying the three seasons of this masterpiece.

Two small things apropos of nothing - it was so weird seeing the boys in bright sunlight.  The scene where W&H crawled out of the police wagon after the Dragon drove away was so sunlit, it looked like a scene from a movie.  So used to seeing the guys in dark rooms, in shadows, at night.  They looked brilliant in the light.   And, speaking of movies, this scene reminded me of a scene from one of my favorite cult movies "The Hitcher".  Rutger Hauer had been pursuing C. Thomas Howell in a police car when the car crashes and CTH stands on an isolated highway in bright sunlight.   /end of babbling/

• Love 5

As for this ep- holy shit. Holy fuck. There are no words. And now the show is over. What the fuck.

My initial reaction to the show. Had to wait this long and stay spoiler-free to watch it as me and a friend made a pact to watch it together. That was hard, but so worth the wait!

Did she really eat her own leg??? Eww!

Well looks like Will and Hannibal are giving her the "Gideon" treatment which is not surprising as Hannibal already admitted he's like to savor eating her, and if so, she is going to be made to eat herself but I see her resisting rather than go along with it like Gideon did, and the fact that she pocketed a fork makes it look like she will try to give a fight. Stab one of them, maybe try to force them to kill her before they can torture her more...

YOU GUYS! MURDER HUSBANDS! MURDER HUSBANDS IS CANON!

I loved it. I loved it so much. While I also preferred the feeling I was left with BEFORE the post-credits scene, I appreciate that IF there were to be a season 4, some hint that at least one of them had survived was going to be necessary to keep the audience on the hook. But wow. That was really the only possible ending for those two characters, who were so entangled that they could never let each other go and never cut each other off. Will wanted to kill Hannibal, but he could never live with the person he'd become in order to do it. It was perfect. Wrath of the Lamb, indeed.

And the Dragon. Yes! So much better than the book. He faked his death, escaped the law, but was played so expertly by both Will and Hannibal that he just couldn't make his getaway. He wasn't driven by his own need for power or revenge, he was drawn by a set of murder husbands into a deadly trap. Will holding that wineglass like he didn't have a care in the world... that hurt. And like Bedelia also discovered the hard way, when the worm turns and instinct kicks in, all the things you never wanted to acknowledge about yourself come bursting out into the light. All plans are realized. All conclusions reached. And the loose ends? Only certainties that haven't yet occurred.

God damn, I'm going to miss this show. There's never been anything like it.

I got the feeling the post end-credit scene was added in after the decision to cancel the show was official just so it would be clearer to the audience that the two survived and are happily murdering and eating people together, that Hannibal got his fairy tale ending!!! It may also be why the soundtrack in the final scene had lyrics and was obviously indicating they were going to "survive" the fall, clearly saying "I will survive, I will thrive" repeatedly (as it cuts to Bedelia's scene and during it too). If the show was going to "definitely" get a S4, a more ambiguous ending with the two going off the cliff would have worked, leaving the audience wondering even if they would/should know the leads are not likely to die and will be back next season. But as the series is canceled and it is not %100 sure they will get to do another season or a movie, it is best to make a more obvious ending, thus we have the "I will survive" lyrics and the "Bedelia is being Gideoned" scene with 2 additional seats on the table.

Fuller's been calling it a "love story" since long before the show even premiered, so I can't see it as "pandering" to any particular fan base. This has been his design all along, more or less.

But yeah I don't think Will and Hannibal died. They may have intended to, but the post-credits scene seems to imply that at least one of them is still alive. Bedelia picked up that fork at the end to use as a weapon against whomever had cooked her leg.

Exactly. Bedelia has never been shown to be anything other than a survivor. She may have an unhealthy interest in Hannibal, she may even be in love with him or want him to love her, but she was never Will-levels obsessed with Hannibal "my relationship with Hannibal is not as passionate as yours" as she had called it herself. The woman was trying to leave Hannibal when in Italy, she was sitting in front of cameras in train stations in hopes of someone catching up to them, she never once visited Hannibal when he was in prison and clearly wanted him to remain there forever or even better for him to die (I believe her when she told Will that she has seen enough of Hannibal - she is done). She was terrified at Will giving Hannibal a chance to escape and angry at him. She didn't want to die. She didn't want to be eaten. The idea of eating humans disgusted her and she did her best to avoid eating any when with Hannibal - she has never been curious or interested in THAT part of the experience. So I don't at all see her cutting her own leg and having someone cooking it for her and then eating it out of curiosity or some weird obsession with Hannibal and need to honor him etc. And she looks rather terrified in that scene and steals that fork and hides it in an attempt to give a fight when her tormentors come back into the room (there is no food on her plate to eat...).

I have problems to understand what could have  been ridiculous about Hannibal and  Will kissing or being platonically  in love. There was something  going on between  Hannibal and Clarice in the books and here, Will has been given lots of Clarice's lines. Also, it's a fact that sexuality can be very fluid: As I've said in another post,  I don't think Hannibal has felt sexual attraction for anyone in his life and probably kissing has nothing to do with love in his mind,  but imo, a brush of lips (to taste Will's blood, for example) would have felt right too. 

Bedelia looked scared and  high as a kite. I agree that it implies that Hannibal (and maybe  Will) survived.

Didn't Francis ripped off Chilton's tongue? How was he able to speak? Anyway, I can't believe he was getting better. 

This show... I'm going to miss it a lot. 

Francis ripped off his lips, not his tongue.

I don't find Hannibal kissing Will that weird or impossible. Hannibal never loved anyone, till Will. Will is different and special. And given how he likes to be physical with Will (be it hugs, face holding -and at times even caressing- etc) I wouldn't be surprised if he does want to have a sexual relationship with Will too...

Some random thoughts:

• I just love it when Will is being manipulative and sassy, so I am not surprised Hannibal adores it, too. He loves his "cunning boy". Jack is an idiot. Will totally manipulated him into doing things his way, all the time hiding from him the very important fact that he already talked with Dolarhyde and has a "deal" with the man. Which, in a way, makes him partially responsible for the deaths of those FBI agents too, I guess, even though I don't think Will expected Dolarhyde to strike when he did.

• Liked that Will had a "dropping the mic" moment, even though I'd say he kind of ruined it when he couldn't help but look back when Hannibal said his name.... And also, I can't tell it if he is BSing to hurt Hannibal (I totally played you with my rejection that day) or if he is telling the truth and was being manipulative at that moment. I feel he was just being hurtful but Will being Will it can be both, really, which is awesome.

• Hannibal asks Will what is the point of going back to Molly and Walter and all he can say is "I like my life there", and that after a pause?!?! Ouch ouch ouch. Yeah, I think it just gives more strength to Hannibal's "you just chose a family to suit your needs, they are not real" theory. It sounds more like Will likes the "image" of himself when with them, he would like to be the kind of person who is Molly's husband and Walter's father and lives a serene peaceful life, but it isn't necessarily who he is or what he loves and craves...

• This was indeed Will's becoming. His transformation is complete. S1 Will described murder as the ugliest thing in the world (though he also admitted to kind of liking it and how powerful it made him feel), S3 Will now finds murder beautiful. But then it was "righteous" murder I guess, and he is fine with tag-team slaying dragons with Hannibal. They may actually make it work, as long as Hannibal keeps to murdering just the "bad " people Will will feel pretty Ok with killing. Bedelia included. Will already told her if Hannibal killed and ate her, she would have it coming. And Will probably won't make much fuss about killing the rude and the annoying too (as was the case with Frederick). In S2 Hannibal failed to win Will over completely because the "bait" was Jack and Will wasn't going to be fine with tag-team killing Jack. But bring in a villain for him to kill, and he is game... Also noted that Will's final "killing" blow to Francis is the very same Hannibal did to him at the end of S2. Little sigh of him turning into Hannibal after all?

• Will gets points for giving some fight when Francis caught him off guard at his hotel room.

• Francis is a beast, it took both Hannibal and Will to kill him, after stabbing him multiple times and they did take some serious damage along the way. But to be fair to them, he did get a sucker shot and stab in before they could fight back.

• Francis totally got played by Hannibal and Will, and I am rather pleased with that.  He may have the physical power but they have the brains.

• Glad that Will got to be there for Reba and console her.

• Was Will trying to commit suicide and kill Hannibal by jumping off the cliff as he can't live with Hannibal but also can't live without him and  needs this all to stop? Or was he taking a chance, if they survive, everything will be washed off and time for a "clean" start with FBI assuming they are both dead (I assume they would be able to track from all the blood that Will and Hannibal stood over the cliff for a while and then went over it). Is that also why Hannibal just went with it? They are both at a point where faith will decide whatever happens to them next, but whatever it is they will be facing it together?

• There is such an intimacy in Will and Hannibal talks whenever they take place in Hannibal's mind palace, which he so obviously shares with Will.

• Felt like between Frederick's talk and Hannibal's escape Alana finally realized it is about time she let go off her "keep Will safe" and "keep Hannibal locked up" quests and focus on her own safety and her family's safety. I am glad that she survived - so far. Thank you Frederick.

• Hannibal wanting Will to ask him personally to be the bait.... I feel it was so that he can "read" Will and have a better understanding of what he is really planning.
  • Love 8

I will miss this show and my sweet murder husbands with my whole heart.  That hug at the end gutted me; when Will put his head on Hannibal's chest and then wound his arm around his neck.... GAH!  I haven't bought DVD's in years, but I will be buying the three seasons of this masterpiece.

I think this may be the first time Will actually initiated the physical contact with Hannibal? Between the extension of hand waiting for him to help him up, and laying his head on his chest as he drew him closer (and Will seemed rather peaceful in that moment and Hannibal overwhelmed...), his arm getting tighter around his neck... Loved every second of it.

I am also buying all the DVDs for this, they are archive-worthy. Now, I just need to make sure I find the 4-disc US version as I believe that one is the one with all the extras (the European one missed some stuff)??

• Just remembered, Frederick talking about wanting to wear Hannibal's skin. Almost sounded like Mason Verger. Poor Frederick, they may finally have managed to drive him insane too.

• Hannibal being all "yeah, sure, I'll be your bait because it worked out so well for Frederick when he allowed himself to be fooled into helping out by you lot *eyeroll*" was marvelous.

• Hannibal looking over at Will, as if asking for help, when Francis was talking about killing him... and it almost looked like he winced when Will got stabbed in the face (he probably was internally screaming "not the face, not the pretty face", I know I was, thankfully it is not so bad)... and then during the fight, they pretty much communicate with eyes as to what their next moves will be. Well done, show...

• "You know Will, you worry too much. You would be a lot more comfortable if you relaxed with yourself." "Think about me will, but don't worry about me"... Hannibal constantly telling Will to stop worrying and just giving in to the feels... marvelous.

• Hannibal: My compassion for you is inconvenient, Will.

Me: No kidding.

Will: If you're partial to beef products, it is inconvenient to be compassionate toward a cow.

Hannibal: Lol

Me: Ouch. lol.

• "No greater love hath man than to lay down his life for a friend." says Hannibal as he stands between Will and the window (knowing full well Dolarhyde is somewhere outside)... and then we also have Will trying to kill Dolarhyde before he can kill Hannibal... and of course than the tag-team murder.

• Hannibal: You and I are suspended over the roiling Atlantic. Soon all of this will be lost to the sea. - haha, nicely done show.
Edited by DeadlyEuphoric
  • Love 5

Just remembered, Frederick talking about wanting to wear Hannibal's skin. Almost sounded like Mason Verger. Poor Frederick, they may finally have managed to drive him insane too.

I just thought... what if Chilton was supposed to become the show's version of Buffalo Bill?

• Love 3

I just thought... what if Chilton was supposed to become the show's version of Buffalo Bill?

Don' t think he has it in him to torture and kill innocents... I was also going to say he lacks the smarts for it, but then FBI left on their own without Will Graham to connect the dots also seem to be not-so-smart so he may have just managed fine.

• Love 1
  • Hannibal looking over at Will, as if asking for help, when Francis was talking about killing him... and it almost looked like he winced when Will got stabbed in the face (he probably was internally screaming "not the face, not the pretty face", I know I was, thankfully it is not so bad)... and then during the fight, they pretty much communicate with eyes as to what their next moves will be. Well done, show...

Yes, loved the two flinches when Francis attacked Will. Hannibal, who had no reaction to being stabbed by Mason and barely a reaction to being branded by Cordell, flinches at the sight of Will being hurt.

When Will said that line about beef and cows, I was like... Will, you just recently had that conversation with Bedelia. You are not beef to Hannibal. Nobody feels a stab of hunger for a burger and then is satisfied by merely looking at it. Trust me, I've been on 500 diets. It doesn't work.

• Love 1

I was cackling and yelling murder husbands at the tv, along with whoa and ow. Upset the dog

Eta. The Hitcher. I adored Rutgers Hauer in it. He showed some of the same glee as Hannibal.

Edited by kechara
  • Love 1

Hannibal is at his best when he goes in for the double speak. "The bluff is eroding," was my favorite one of this episode.

Was indeed the best line of the episode and quite a summary of season 3 and Will.

This show tends to go for the face, I have noticed. I found myself going, not Will's face!

That was a beautiful piece of TV, not just this episode, but the whole show. With every episode, something usually resonated with me for quite a while. It doesn't happen all that often, so I appreciate it. I am looking forward to rewatching. Haven't done that in a while with shows that are somewhat difficult to watch. This one is special to me. It will be fun to follow Will Graham's decent into this when knowing the outcome.

If this is the end, it's a good one.

ETA: I wonder if Alana and family are really safe. If even Teflon Bedelia didn't escape her fate, I'm really worried about Alana.

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 2