Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

With EBR, MB, DR, MSR and CL speaking out it was more noticeable that SA was silent on the matter. While no one has to say anything, I'm glad he finally did show his support for the women he works with. 

I don't feel there's anything finally about this. It's been what, maybe 24 hours since the first statements came out? And instead of jumping the gun he, a person presumably not directly affected by this, took the time to speak to those who have been and whose feelings ought to be respected. Timing wise, I think it's just right.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't remember what this means.  ??

He doesn't keep looking directly at the camera and he kind of jumps from point to point at times.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Trisha said:

His statement was great. Really, really great. I'm glad that he mentioned that he wanted to talk to the cast and crew first before speaking publicly to explain why he didn't say anything before now. This is what being an ally looks like: "I told them this morning and I tell you now and I meant it, if anyone ever feels anything less than 100% safe...that they should come to whomever they're supposed to go to and that I'll stand right beside them. I'll speak on their behalf if need be. If you're not an active part of the solution than you are part of the problem." 

Yep. Like I said, I didn't care if he said anything publicly, but I wanted this – him letting the cast and crew know that he had their backs.  Well done, Stephen.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, bijoux said:

He doesn't keep looking directly at the camera and he kind of jumps from point to point at times.

It means something in microexpressions.  I need to go back to my Paul Ekman books.

Probably just that he was nervous or thinking.  He sees himself as the captain of the show and needs to take a leadership position on this.

• Love 4

I'm really glad Stephen took time to talk to people about it first. Too often people in his position as privileged white men don't understand what kind of support that is needed from them and they make a statement that's all about themselves or is too white knight-y. His statement was exactly how he should say what needed to be said.

• Love 14

DeVoll says she reported both Kreisburg and Guggenheim to WB HR five years ago. I wonder if that will come out in the investigation.

(If it's true, MG must be worrying.  And he should avoid being even more of an asshole.)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

The sad thing is that while I can't conclude that Guggenheim is guilty of a illegal actions just yet since one can be a raging woman hater and still not do anything illegal, I have no problem believing he's a Grade A asshat.

Yep.

Well there's basically three avenues. One are things you can actually go for jail for. It's not that unlikely that nothing can be found in this regard. Then there's things the employees could sue for, like being fired unfairly. And then the employeer could just fire them even if there's nothing concrete just because they create a bad mood and that harms productivity. 

The question is whether Guggenheim or Kreisberg or Berlanti Productions have contracts that make it hard and expensive to fire them. 

53 minutes ago, tofutan said:

The question is whether Guggenheim or Kreisberg or Berlanti Productions have contracts that make it hard and expensive to fire them. 

Yes, but -

1. These contracts usually have some sort of "bad actor" clause.  

2. WB might run the numbers and say, hey, the bad publicity/chances of lawsuits is more expensive than the cost of terminating the contracts. 

I meant it more in the way of: they might get fired but still received oodles of money because they have to be paid out of their contract, which would piss me off as a spectator. Like, awesome that they got fired and great that the people have safer work conditions now, but the thought of him bathing in money still galls me. 

1 minute ago, tofutan said:

I meant it more in the way of: they might get fired but still received oodles of money because they have to be paid out of their contract, which would piss me off as a spectator. Like, awesome that they got fired and great that the people have safer work conditions now, but the thought of him bathing in money still galls me. 

Fair warning then: It's unlikely to be oodles of money, but regardless of what happens, Kreisberg will continue to receive residuals on episodes he scripted and royalties for any original characters he created or helped create (characters such as Diggle, Thea and Alex, for instance - but no, not Felicity; Gerry Conway still gets credit for that one).

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tofutan said:

Is there a list for the characters he gets credit for? I noticed on imdb that he is credited as the creator of vibe/Cisco, but I couldn't find whether he is credited for Alex too. What about Winn? 

I don't think there's a list, but AK is not the creator of Vibe/Cisco - that's another Gerry Conway character.  He is, however, one of the creators of Wynn Schott, so yes, he should be receiving royalties for Wynn.

Then his imdb is wrong: 

The Flash (TV Series) (developed by - 77 episodes, 2014 - 2017) (character: Francisco "Cisco" Paco Ramon/Vibe - 23 episodes, 2014 - 2015) (story by - 16 episodes, 2014 - 2017) (teleplay by - 6 episodes, 2014 - 2016) (written by - 4 episodes, 2015 - 2017)

- Pilot (2014) ... (character: Francisco "Cisco" Paco Ramon/Vibe - uncredited) / (creator) / (story by) / (teleplay by)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1132610/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Or does that mean that he was writing only Cisco's dialogue? 

Conway by comparison I see credited for this: 

The Flash (TV Series) (characters: Ronald "Ronnie" Raymond & Dr. Martin Stein - 3 episodes, 2015) (character: Ronald "Ronnie" Roy Raymond - 3 episodes, 2014) (character: Dr. Martin Stein - 1 episode, 2015) 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0176689/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Edited by tofutan
3 hours ago, quarks said:

Yes, but -

1. These contracts usually have some sort of "bad actor" clause. 

This is a major studio, they cover their ass on all contracts.  There's no doubt there are quite a few outs, where they don't have to pay a dime.

Methinks there's going to be a major shakeup in leadership of the Arrowverse.

Transcription of SA's facebook message...

-- SA: "I wanted to make a brief comment about everything that's been going on in the news. I have no interest in speaking about an ongoing investigation, um, but if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm sure that you can figure it out. Um, other than to say WB is conducting an investigation into what is being alleged against one of the producers on our show and, if they need my help in any way, shape or form, they will get it. I thought it was appropriate, before I spoke to you or before I spoke publicly, to speak to our cast and our crew, which I got the chance to do this morning. Um, I certainly can't, um, pontificate in any elegant way or in such a succinct way like Emily did, like Melissa did, like Caity Lotz did. Um, I stand behind and fully support everything that they said. Uh, our biggest asset on Arrow is our crew. And furthermore, their biggest strength and our biggest strength is working at it as a team. I think that we can do this, uh, because we promote and champion a safe and progressive work environment. Um, I told them this morning, and I tell you now - and I meant it - that, if anyone ever feels anything less than 100 percent safe, um, or anyone feels as though they aren’t allowed to express themselves and be the person that they are, that they should come to whomever they’re supposed to go to, and that I’ll stand right beside them, right behind them. I’ll speak on their behalf if need be. Um, I also think that in situations like this, if you're not an active part of the solution, then you are a part of the problem, period. Um, that's it. We do our best to have the best possible work environment. We will continue to do so. Again, I echo the statements made by my friend and co-worker, Emily Bett Rickards, Caity Lotz, Melissa Benoist, and the chorus of others that have come forward and called for a safe, progressive, um, equal working environment. Okay. Thanks very much, guys."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, tofutan said:

Then his imdb is wrong: 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1132610/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Or does that mean that he was writing only Cisco's dialogue? 

Conway by comparison I see credited for this: 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0176689/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Conway created a lot more characters than that - I think he's probably best known for creating the Punisher, but on the DC side, he's the creator (along with the comic artists) of Firestorm, Killer Frost, Cisco/Vibe, Vixen, Gypsy, Felicity Smoak (the Arrow version is a greatly reimagined version of the character, but she's still his creation) and several other minor/one shot characters I'm blanking on.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, bijoux said:

I think we missed this one.

And then she got called out for it. Sigh. This time I'm glad she responded.

I'm pretty sure Chyler Leigh (Alex Danvers on Supergirl) also used that quote.  It's a nice quote.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

James Woods is infamous for dating much, much younger women - really, teenagers...

• Woods started dating his current girlfriend in 2013, when she was 20 and he was 66. 
  • His prior girlfriend was someone who he started dating when she was 19 and he was 60.
  • Amber Tamblyn once accused Woods of hitting on her when she was 16.
  • In 2000, Woods (then 53) reportedly said of a 19-year-old actress he was managing and rumored to be dating: “If you ever bought a dog, what did you buy? You bought a fucking puppy... You don’t buy a 13-year-old German shepherd. You buy a nice young puppy—what are you crazy?"

(source)

Edited by tv echo

Poor Willa. :(

eta: All of this shit makes it pretty obvious  as to why Stephen,  David and Colton always seem so over protective of Emily and Willa. 

tumblr_ozc0d8s26c1qzh561o1_500.giftumblr_ozc0d8s26c1qzh561o2_500.gif

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 18

This is so disgusting.  I can't even imagine what these poor girls/women/men felt being taken advantage of or spoken to in such demeaning manner.  WTF is wrong with these men.  I am happy these scumbags are being outed.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, tofutan said:

Didn't Danielle from Flash also play his daughter once? 

Yes, in Shark (CBS legal show that lasted two seasons).  That's the first thing I ever saw her in.  Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

In response to MGs former assistant.

I mean it's almost like people/employers cant be crappy awful people to some employees and better with other employees (sarcasm) I really dislike women who try and invalidate other women's stories. I'm glad this woman didn't experience first hand the lack of respect Grace Devoll experience but that doesn't make Graces experience any less valid. Jennifer Lawrence said she never experienced any form of harassment from Harvey and had good experiences with him but that doesn't negate that a lot of women did. 

• Love 19

There was something that original tweet that made me skeptical about. 

I have no doubt that he's got a massive ego and, I'm pretty sure his over inflated ego is why he constantly needs to defend himself with 'not all men' arguments.  However, that doesn't make someone a sexual harasser. 

• Love 7

The original tweet didn't call MG a harasser, just someone whose own dislike of women left him unresponsive to complaints about harassment.  She said he was a sexist who hated women and she provided the example of him refusing to promote her based on "too much estrogen".  Given the misogyny implicit in his writing, I don't find it unbelievable that he is a sexist jerk who looked the other way while his bro harassed subordinates.

• Love 22