Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Agreed, but the EPs have already said that they don't like writing the QC stuff so giving the company to Ray was the perfect solution to that because they no longer have to work out integrating Oliver's private business with his public one. It gets back to what I posted the other day--the current storylines are allowing them to be as lazy as they want to be. They get to have their cake and eat it too (i.e. maintain audience despite weak, contrived plotlines because of an abundance of shiny superhero fluff lacking substance).

What about all their 'because comics' excuses for everything else? I agree with you it is super lazy. The whole writing of Oliver losing his money was so so stupid that I want it undone.
  • Love 1

wait so if Stephen cancelled a con for that time but WIlla can film, does that have anything to do with her appearance in the finale? 

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on when she's shooting and how much screen time she has. David Ramsey's still scheduled to be at the con Stephen canceled. 

And the men go down with agency, unlike the women.

Yao-Fei didn't go down with agency, IMO.

True, he did chose to play a traitor to save his daughter, but I do not consider that an agency. I don't think his choice was to die, unlike Tommy who basically traded his life for Laurel.

it is sort of telling (and not in a good way about the status of Arrow as a show and Amell as an actor), the fact that the star of it was invited to these shows simply because of a social media campaign and not cause the show itself wanted to have him on. Also both of these shows are Late night shows shown at like 11:30, i would find it a bigger accomplishment to his current status if went on the tonight show or any of its hour equivalent where the number of people who watch is far greater.

[emphasis mine]

SA was on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno back in April 2013 and he appeared on Live with Kelly & Michael in January 2013 and again in January 2014. I'd love to see him go up against Jimmy Fallon in a lip-sync battle, play Heads Up! with EBR and DR on Ellen, and eventually make it onto SNL, Charlie Rose and Inside the Actors Studio.

As for Willa's Oscar ensemble, make-up and hair, she appears to be emulating the Olsen twins (whose Elizabeth and James fashion line is actually pretty cute) when they were in their unfortunate heroin chic/bag lady phase. 

• Love 1

He didn't know that Fyers was going to kill  him though, that was a shock for everyone. He probably thought that Fyers was going to make him work for them or put him in prison again.  Then, if he could get Shado away, he'd have a fighting chance of getting out himself.

Willa & Manu announced for Supanova Con in Australia. Surprised that Willa will be there since they start shooting the season finale around that time. They finished filming on 20th April last season, they also filmed on Saturdays.

It takes place form 10-12th April.

WH is not currently listed as a guest on the Supanova website.  It could be she's a last-minute addition (or cancellation).

http://www.supanova.com.au/guests/

Edited by tv echo
Colton Haynes @ColtonLHaynes  ·  19m 19 minutes ago

Head on over to Yahoo Style to check out how much fun we had hangin out! Really fun interview. Thx to… https://instagram.com/p/ziPFTrDTIC/

https://twitter.com/coltonlhaynes

Why 'Arrow' Star & Former Ambercrombie Model Colton Haynes Lies About His Height

Yahoo Style Original   February 25, 2015

https://www.yahoo.com/style/colton-haynes-on-being-an-abercrombie-model-112004158103.html

Edited by tv echo
True, he did chose to play a traitor to save his daughter, but I do not consider that an agency. I don't think his choice was to die, unlike Tommy who basically traded his life for Laurel.

Well, Tommy didn't choose to get impaled. Yes, he chose to go into the building, knowing he was risking his life, to save Laurel, and I've no doubt he would have been willing to die to protect her, but the same was true of Yao Fei and Shado.

Jeez he's embarrassing. Why isn't anyone reining this guy in? Sure, a lot of the comments are snarky, but he's just as bitchy back to people who ask legitimate questions. I would almost love to go to Paley and ask Berlanti what the hell is going on? (Yeah, I'm sure that would go over well at a fan gathering.)

I'm still debating whether to go to SA's wine party in Austin this summer. I don't think I'll have many positive things to say about Arrow this season.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 3

There's more, and I can't bring myself to c/p all of them--most are brown-nosing or incoherent anyway, but here's another one that irked me:

Q: Hello! I love Arrow, and I love everything that you've done with the show! Lately, though, I can't help but notice that Ray Palmer's intentions toward Felicity have begun to feel less pure as time goes on, especially in tonight's episode. Do you as a writer feel that he has genuine feelings toward Felicity, or that he has alternative motives, such as the development of the A.T.O.M. suit? Thank you for all that you do for Arrow!

MG: Honestly, I think people read motivations into Ray’s actions that simply aren’t there because they’d prefer to see Felicity with someone else.

• Love 1

There's more, and I can't bring myself to c/p all of them--most are brown-nosing or incoherent anyway, but here's another one that irked me:

No MG it's cause we think he's creepy has stalkerish behavior and gets everything handed to him cause we keep getting told he's awesome! While you get off on making Oliver a dumbass God he's a prick

• Love 2

Fuck off, Guggenheim.  If you really don't understand why putting a tracker on a phone, not for professional reasons mind you, is problematic...then you are a fool.  And no, Guggenheim, marrying your wife who is on the same level as you as a writer, is not the same fucking thing as Felicity sleeping with her boss.  Gods, he really is kind of a dim bulb.

Jeez he's embarrassing. Why isn't anyone reining this guy in? Sure, a lot of the comments are snarky, but he's just as bitchy back to people who ask legitimate questions. I would almost love to go to Paley and ask Berlanti what the hell is going on? (Yeah, I'm sure that would go over well at a fan gathering.)

I'm still debating whether to go to SA's wine party in Austin this summer. I don't think I'll have many positive things to say about Arrow this season.

If you go to SA's wine party, I'll bet you stand a good chance of running into Jared and/or Jensen because they are all best buds now.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

LOL, because heaven forbid people have a negative reaction to a character doing a multitude of questionable things involving Felicity's privacy after she labeled him a stalker twice ON THE SHOW, but by all means let's dismiss that as being about Olicity.  I swear...

• Love 8

Jeez he's embarrassing. Why isn't anyone reining this guy in? Sure, a lot of the comments are snarky, but he's just as bitchy back to people who ask legitimate questions.

Yeah, this is what's so stupid about the way he handles his Twitter/Tumblr. First of all: you can choose your level of interaction, so, you know, answering these questions isn't actually required of you. Second: he clearly does pick and choose what questions to answer, because we know (from sending in our own) that he ignores many of them. (To give him the benefit of the doubt, my guess is that he logs in, goes to his inbox, and starts answering until he has to do something else.) It would be better to just ignore the incoherent ones than to waste time answering them. I would actually prefer if he ignored any that were really insulting, too. It just allows him to write off all the people who share that opinion as irrational. Third, when you're responding, try not to insult the intelligence of a majority of your fans and critics. It's rude.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 10

If you go to SA's wine party, I'll bet you stand a good chance of running into Jared and/or Jensen because they are all best buds now.

Ya know what, Jensen would be totally worth it. I love that bowlegged boy.

Oh, this asshole.

stilettoroyalty asked:

Marc, this is your intervention. I get it - you love Batman. But do you know why fans predicted every single moment about the show tonight? Yes, we're that good, but it's because the same story was told with Batman. And those Felicity & flying man scenes were such a Tony Stark & Piper Potts setup. You're killing me in Season 3. I've seen what you're capable of. This is not it. You just had a flying man on Arrow. My grounded show. And no one blinked. Question: Whyyyyyy? We could have had it allll

marcguggenheim answered:

I think you’re exaggerating the number of people who predicted the end of tonight’s episode, if my Twitter feed is any indication.  And you’re really reaching on the Pepper — it’s “Pepper,” by the way — parallel.

Well first of all if you want Ray to be liked and know that your audience don't want to see him with Felicity because, as he said, they want to see her with someone else maybe you shouldn't put them together? Maybe that would work better for you.

Secondly, nobody forced you to interact with angry fans right after the episode. You don't have to do it and if you don't like there comments then don't reply. I am confused why he is being so well 'bitchy' towards people and their comments. He doesn't have to talk to them. Maybe he gets mad after a while because people have complaints that ring true but his ego can't handle-

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 10

LOL, because heaven forbid people have a negative reaction to a character doing a multitude of questionable things involving Felicity's privacy after she labeled him a stalker twice ON THE SHOW, but by all means let's dismiss that as being about Olicity.  I swear...

Yep and she screws that stalker who's just so awesome and gets the breaks while writers love screwing Oliver over. It's obvious Ray is a Substitute for Oliver

Marc G. is a mess.

ITA, although tbh I missed a couple of letters out of the end of that sentence. Same difference though.

It seems to me that MG thinks that the fans who agree with his vision of the show and how he's doing things are the majority, and because they like his style they will also like to see him lay the smackdown on the whiny pisspots complaining about stuff they don't like or get. So he does (or he thinks he does). And he's not the least bit concerned about being polite to those who dare question him, because he's already lumped the innocent questioners and intelligent critques in woth the crazy violent opposition, and responds to them all in the same manner -- which he thinks wins him points with the show's "true" fans.

I'm clearly not one of those fans, because his responses just drive home to me that nothing I want to see on this show will be happening with any intention or quality as long as he's calling the shots.

• Love 17

Jesus fucking Christ. Just when I think he can't be more of an asshole.

Is there contact information for anyone in the CW network I can complain to? Maybe if enough of us say we're quitting the show because of MG, he'll stop his reign of terror on social media.

• Love 7

MG's response about the stalking is disturbing. Follow that up with his 'she just got laid, what more do you want?' crack is just immature and grating.

His response about office romance? Yeah, well, congrats, asshole, there's plenty of HR people who would disagree with you because... lawsuits.  I met my spouse while we worked for the same company but we definitely weren't in any position that would have caused legal headaches. 

His choosing to tweet and Tumblr tonight, to me, shows that he loves messing with fans. This isn't social media savviness at work, this isn't even a healthy engagement with fans - this is a guy whose ego is overriding common sense and professionalism. 

He is dismissive of any opinion that does not line up with his expectations. Bottom line for me, he's immature and can't handle criticism.

• Love 14

lolllllllllllll I have to admit, that was kind of funny because it shows just how immature he is. I really hate that MG is on tumblr and on twitter because I don't think he can handle the criticism, it's not cool when he craps all over the lauriver fans and it's not cool when he craps all over the olicity fans. Basically it's not cool to crap all over the fans. It's such a turn off. 

After this episode and with MGs answers, I'm actually quite close to quitting the show. I didn't watch this week, and I'm glad I didn't. That's not supposed to be a good thing. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 7

Jesus fucking Christ. Just when I think he can't be more of an asshole.

Is there contact information for anyone in the CW network I can complain to? Maybe if enough of us say we're quitting the show because of MG, he'll stop his reign of terror on social media.

He is just distracting people from complaining about the show in legitimate places. People should be flooding CW + DC.

I couldn't imagine any one at DC or CW who watches the show could not see the problems that are so glaringly apparent. And DC should be even more concerned they have various legacies (BC, Arrow + Batman) that are being compromised.

• Love 1

He is just distracting people from complaining about the show in legitimate places. People should be flooding CW + DC.

This. He decides what to answer to, and the result will be that it'll look as only the crazy shippers are unhappy with the developments.

So after watching that episode (I legit fast forwarded 90% of it, no but seriously, almost every episode this season has been a filler episode lmao, there's legit no purpose to it) I saw this and to be honest, it made me laugh out loud so hard that it made me not so bitter about the episode anymore... Some people say it's embarrassing, but I think it's hilarious because obviously the person is joking around :p 

Okay I couldn't stay away. I'm just gonna tell you that when Olicity have sex i want NC-17 shit in HD where I can see the sweat on their skins. That shit better last and leave me wanting to go to church afterwards.

marcguggenheim answered:

Oh… kay…
Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6
Okay I couldn't stay away. I'm just gonna tell you that when Olicity have sex i want NC-17 shit in HD where I can see the sweat on their skins. That shit better last and leave me wanting to go to church afterwards.

So after watching that episode (I legit fast forwarded 90% of it, no but seriously, almost every episode this season has been a filler episode lmao, there's legit no purpose to it) I saw this and to be honest, it made me laugh out loud so hard that it made me not so bitter about the episode anymore... Some people say it's embarrassing, but I think it's hilarious because obviously the person is joking around :p 

Such optimism on the asker's part! A demand and the assumption of "when" where "if" could be considered reaching for the stars.

Edited by Pothunter

More of MG's tumblr responses regarding last night's episode...

titta-olimily asked:
No Marc seriously ?? Two years, two years is all we had was a measly kiss ?? Then comes Ray is there going to bed ?? But joking ??? How to ruin a character .. This is the stupidest thing ever seen on this show !! I'm not angry !! I feel possessed

Um… thanks for watching?

emilybetterthanyourickards asked:
Disappointed that you would have Felicity's character (who has already dealt with a stalker a la lacrosse player from college), sleep with her current one. It was out of character (not her sleeping with someone, her sleeping with Ray). Also, Ray's fiance hasn't even been dead for a year, that's kind of disgusting. So my question is, what do Felicity's fans actually have to look forward to? (Not the propping up of some "hero," when she is a damn hero in her own right.)

First, as I’ve said, I don’t consider Ray a stalker.
Second, I don’t know what the respectful mourning period is in this situation, but it’s not like Ray had a one night stand.  He’s got real feelings for Felicity.
Third, what would you like to see Felicity do?

thenightofthecomet asked:
ray left a beautiful (and naked!) woman in his bed to play with his toys, is the guy insane? does he need help?

Finally, a logic note I can get behind!

hokeypokey1998 asked:
I have seen a A LOT of hate for Raylicity. But, I wanted to let you know I love them. They are so cute and have good chemistry. :) I still love Olicity but Ray is so cool! I am so excited about the Atom. And the action in this episode was soooo good! Can't wait for more :) awesome episode all around!

Thank you!  Yeah, anyone who says that Felicity and Ray don’t have chemistry is in denial.  That said, good luck finding an actor who doesn’t have chemistry with Emily Rickards.

clandestine619 asked:
So you know how you said you would have to take a break from Twitter cause of the 3x12 ending? I think you got the eps wrong. I loved the twist with Oliver but I feel like Felicity sleeping with Ray was too soon. I want her to have love and stuff believe me but it was just too soon. I felt like throwing up

Re 3x12… LOL.  Well played.

playitmyway asked:
I'm trying to be an adult about this whole Felicity/Ray "thing". What I took from that, was Felicity is very upset that the man she loves is being an idiot & is probably about to die and here is this man saying all the things she wants Oliver to say to her, so she pushes her feelings down, trying to mute them, finding comfort in someone who is unfortunately, not Oliver. Adult enough? Did I watch it right?

I think you’re close and I appreciate your objectivity.  Ray is clearly presenting himself as antithetical to Oliver which, in this particular moment, Felicity found very appealing.

teelsteel asked:
Dear Mr. G., I just finished watching the latest Arrow episode, & I have to be honest w/ you, I'm disappointed w/ Felicity sleeping w/ Ray. Don't get me wrong, I understand the girl needs to get some, but to sleep with her boss who made her VP of his own company, after it was insinuated on Season 2 by Isabel what QC employees thought of Oliver's EA, & now that she's actually sleeping with Ray;. it belittles her as a strong character with high morals. You have destroyed someone that I admired.

I’m sorry you feel that way.  But the truth of the matter is that co-workers often engage in romantic relationships — my wife and I met at work, for example — and sometimes those co-workers are not peers — i.e., one is above the other on the organizational chart.  So long as that relationship is consensual — as Felicity and Ray’s is — I see no immorality.  It’s hard to find someone to love and who loves you and — again, so long as consent is present — I don’t begrudge anyone from falling in love with another human being, even if that person is above or below them on the corporate ladder.

ya-boy-ben10 asked:
Both Olicity and Lauriver shippers got stop on their tracks tonight after this episode! Did you do that on purpose to have the fandom guessing who Oliver should end up with? because I tell you both ships just got slap in the face tonight!

Yeah, it certainly worked out that way.  See?  We ARE balanced!

oh-monteith asked:
How is Ray supposed to act like a hero when he clearly used Felicity to finish his suit?

Thanks for noticing this.  You’re the first — in fact, the ONLY — person to pick up on the fact that Ray was intellectually blocked because he hadn’t gotten laid.  You totally figured us out.

olicityking asked:
Marc, I love Arrow as much as the next fanboy. But there have been multiple times in this season where it has been incosistent. First with Oliver's recovery. Next with the supposed hype about 3x15 only to fall flat. Next with deathstroke's small role in 3x14. Then with Roy and Diggle's small role to almost no role in this season. Then with the love triangle between ray, felicity and oliver. Just end it with one person. Sincerely hoping you guys are aware of the faults and will deliver a solid s4

Thank you for your comments.  You’re more than entitled to your opinions.  Hope Season 4 is more to your liking.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

Such optimism on the asker's part! A demand and the assumption of "when" where "if" could be considered reaching for the stars.

I'm not optimistic at all about this show. But I agree that Oliver/Felicity getting together is more a question of 'when' and not 'if', you don't tie someone to ones humanity and not just follow through on that. And I'll have to give Arrow credit on this one, they usually follow through on the seeds they plant. Sometimes it's well done, sometimes it's poorly executed. 

• Love 3

Yeah, he needs to be fired. Honestly, any writer who sucks up praise like it's oxygen, but then throws tantrums and dishes out insults whenever someone has something critical to say doesn't deserve any position of power in a creative medium. Never mind that Guggenheim is not a good writer anyway.

People should just stop engaging him on twitter, because he will ignore anything that doesn't fit his plans. Write to the CW instead, tell them that this clownshoes is ruining the show that you once loved. If the CW got a 100,000 letters like that, then they might actually do something to fix this disgusting mess.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 5

One more...

fight--for--now asked:
Listen, I appreciate how hard you all work and I get this is YOUR show but come on man. You pissed off and HURT 78% of your fans tonight. People are talking about not watching anymore, giving up hope, and how HURT they feel. This isn't a good buzz kind of pain, this is just not good at all. I think this may have went too far for some people.

I understand that.  And we knew that might be the reaction.  It’s a long show…

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

In fairness, I have dated a coworker. However, the coworker in question a) wasn't my boss, b) never pinged my phone, c) was not in mourning for a fiancee who had died less than a year before, d) was not obsessed with becoming a flying vigilante.  (He was obsessed with World of Warcraft, but that's another conversation.)  Also, I wasn't otherwise involved in one of the internet's most popular relationships. 

• Love 17

I don't actually have a big problem with the boss/employee situation between R/F, on its face, because it's TV and I grant that things don't always reflect real life, and I was sort of fine with that answer from MG.

But in this case, the professional stalking thing goes hand-in-hand with the boss/employee dynamic. If you excuse his behavior in that scenario, you are granting that it's acceptable for him to pursue her in this way. Maybe you feel that she had the ultimate power because she could reject his offer (oh wait! she did, several times, but for some reason it didn't take) or accept it. But it still started them off on that note, and it has pervaded every aspect of their "relationship" ever since, particularly when his lack of boundaries began to extend to her personal life. It adds up to what feels like a power imbalance, which leads to some of this feeling manipulative. None of which MG can see, because he writes us all off as angry shippers who haven't seen enough romantic comedies???

I hope that someday, MG will take a humility pill and at least acknowledge that the members of his audience who have valid feelings about this dynamic, and about many other aspects of his show that feel off for women, POCs, and LGBT people, aren't just overreacting because we're hysterical. He doesn't have to admit intent, but he could admit that he isn't in the best position to judge whether something is offensive to those parties, and that he will try harder to consider these aspects in the future.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 9

The line about the lacrosse player stalker last season was supposed to be funny. And then when Felicity called Palmer a stalker to his face [twice!], it was also supposed to be funny. So, they're writing Felicity as having a pretty cavalier outlook on stalking, because obviously these writers think it's totally funny for the person being stalked to be quip about it.

I think the most telling part of it all was when Brandon Routh actually mentioned the stalking accusations in that interview he gave. Of course he rationalized it as "stalking for work reasons" is all right, because he's not gonna diss the writing in public. [And I've seen so many people in fandom saying it's OK that Palmer pinged Felicity's phone because Felicity herself is a hacker who pings phones as well, so. SIGH]

But if I were to guess, Routh went to the writers with the concern, and they told him it's silly fandom being silly, OF COURSE it's not stalking, this is a romantic comedy staple! I seriously wonder if these dudebros EVER watched a romantic comedy to start with.

In fairness, I have dated a coworker. However, the coworker in question a) wasn't my boss, b) never pinged my phone, c) was not in mourning for a fiancee who had died less than a year before, d) was not obsessed with becoming a flying vigilante. (He was obsessed with World of Warcraft, but that's another conversation.) Also, I wasn't otherwise involved in one of the internet's most popular relationships.

Every company I have ever worked for had rules against dating your boss. Never have I seen it acceptable to be in a romantic relationship with someone who does your review or has a say in your pay.

Edited by AnalyzeAndCritique
  • Love 10