Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I tend to believe it's true because tourists often behave terribly overseas and it's not a new account that you could think was made on purpose to write something about them.. 

It could be about other guests even if the cap definitely makes me think about SA and they aren't a quiet group that never gets drunk. 

• Love 4

It’s hard to say, but I’m kind of inclined to believe it. I guess the reviewer could have seen SA’s wife and friend’s sm posts earlier than day about snorkeling, saw SA was wearing his usual hat, and what hotel they’d tagged and just made it all up without being there. But his previous reviews seem legit. If they were as drunk and obnoxious as claimed, the reviewer could have heard them loudly mention the nanny. And I still keep coming back to Catrina’s caption (which was posted the day after the TA review):

They were with another couple (his wine partner) so the woman mentioned in the review (if real) might not have been his wife. 

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I could completely believe that it is them, but I suppose there is no way to know for sure.

If I can be petty for a moment, it drives me a little nuts that in 80 percent of her pics that Stephen's wife stands in pageant pose, i.e. one leg in front of the other and shoulders thrown back.  I suppose I shouldn't be making fun of good posture, but it looks uncomfortable.

She was a model, those poses are drilled into you. I modeled a bit when I was a kid and to this day I automatically do the model head tilt for pictures when someone brings out a camera without even realizing it.  My friends all make fun of me for it. 

The polar plunge is a big thing for charity in Chicago as well. Although I think the cancelled it being it's -30 F and icy steam is coming up from Lake Michigan. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Those are cute photos. She seems like a sweet kid but I still wouldn't want Evelyn back on Arrow. Awful character and MM's acting isn't that good either. 

And oh wow, look, a photo of Stephen and Emily together at Arrow 100. I wonder if anybody has one of SA, EBR with David. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Those are cute photos. She seems like a sweet kid but I still wouldn't want Evelyn back on Arrow. Awful character and MM's acting isn't that good either. 

Keep her as far away from Arrow and SPN as possible...crap actress.

• Love 1

I think bringing her back for a one off where she is scarred and really crazed could be a really good episode, especially if they play with showing everything that lead up to this. Flashback to her parents dying, meeting Chase, end up having her repeating history. 

On 1/3/2018 at 8:03 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I want her back for at least 1 episode, the character got a stupid send off. Either she is dead or she is alive, lemme know.

All I need is a mention from Nyssa about which pit she locked her up in.  Evelyn was the ONE character i was counting on to die and they couldn't even get that done.  

• Love 3

Reminder: here are the January events/cons...

Television Critics Association (TCA) 2018 Winter Press Tour, January 4-17, 2018 (Pasadena, CA)
The CW on Jan. 7
http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/

DC in D.C., January 12-13, 2018 (Washington, D.C.)
Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns (also Caity Lotz, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Russell Tovey, J.W. Cortes, and Black Lighting producers & cast)
http://www.dcindc2018.com/

A Heroes & Villains and Walker Stalker Joint Event: 
Heroes & Villains FanFest-Portland, January 13-14, 2018 (Portland, OR)

Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards, David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Josh Segarra and Manu Bennett 
http://heroesfanfest.com/portland/guests/

NATPE Miami Marketplace & Conference, January 16-18, 2018 (FL)
Greg Berlanti receiving Brandon Tartikoff Legacy Award  on Jan. 17.
https://www.natpe.com/page/BrandonTartikoffLegacyAward2018

Edited by tv echo

HVFF has already posted its schedule for next weekend's Portland con (the photo op schedule is interesting)...

A Heroes & Villains and Walker Stalker Joint Event: 
Heroes & Villains FanFest-Portland, January 13-14, 2018 (Portland, OR)

Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards, David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Josh Segarra and Manu Bennett
http://heroesfanfest.com/portland/guests/
Photo Op Schedule
Panel Schedule

Saturday Main Panel Stage
11:00AM
ARROW VILLAINS
Katie Cassidy, Josh Segerra, & Manu Bennett

12:30PM
THE GREEN ARROW
Stephen Amell

2:00PM
CORRRALLL!!
Chandler Riggs

3:30PM
SICKTIONARY

5:00PM
COSPLAY CONTEST

Sunday Main Panel Stage
11:00AM
ARROW HEROES
Emily Bett Rickards & David Ramsey

12:15PM
ABRAHAM
Michael Cudlitz

1:30PM
COMEDY MAGICIAN
Tim Hoffman

2:45PM
THE GIFTED
Jamie Chung, Emma Dumont & Jeff Daniel Phillips

4:00PM
JESUS
Tom Payne
Saturday FanFest LIVE! Panel Stage
11:15AM
Emily Bett Rickards

12:00PM
Steven Yeun

1:00PM
Michael Cudlitz

Rob Prior

3:00PM
Mystery Guest

3:30PM
Ebon Moss-Bachrach

4:15PM
Ming Na-Wen

Sunday FanFest LIVE! Panel Stage
11:45AM
Katie Cassidy

1:15PM
Stephen Amell

Tattoo Contest

Edited by tv echo

Twitter exchanges between EBR and CD yesterday - I don't recall Felicity and Tommy having any scenes together in S1 (another lost opportunity with Tommy's death)...

CH also chimed in...
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Twitter exchanges between EBR and CD yesterday - I don't recall Felicity and Tommy having any scenes together in S1 (another lost opportunity with Tommy's death)...

No scenes that I can remember ... but BTS, EBR & CD seemed to have hung out a lot, based on photos posted in S1. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

No scenes that I can remember ... but BTS, EBR & CD seemed to have hung out a lot, based on photos posted in S1. 

I think they lived in the same apartment building in Vancouver. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I seem to recall that when CD came back in S2, CH and EBR surprised him by picking him up at the airport. Am I imagining that? LOL! 

I have no idea, but it's so cute.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

CD has always been really complimentary and enthusiastic about EBR/Felicity at cons as well.  

Hasn't he always talked about Tommy and Felicity hooking up to? Which fan fiction has made me hate with a fire of thousand suns haha 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

And there was the maddening text on Tommy's phone from Felicity that was never explained.  Grrrrrr.

• Love 1

IIRC Colin Donnell spent time mentoring the younger actors on set, Colton Haynes and EBR, and I think that's why they were close even though they didn't share any scenes.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

Tv echo the photo op schedule is interesting indeed! You can tell who really is in demand by the number of times and photo ops needed to get through to all the fans! Emily Bett has a bunch of times because of high demand.

• Love 1

MG will give a presentation at the New York State Writers Institute in Albany, NY, on April 20...

https://www.albany.edu/writers-inst/

Marc Guggenheim, screenwriter, TV producer, comic book writer, and novelist    
April 20 (Friday) 
Presentation — 7:00 p.m., Page Hall, 135 Western Avenue, Downtown Campus

Marc Guggenheim, UAlbany alum, has helped to transform the landscape of American primetime television as a developer and "showrunner" of imaginative TV shows inspired by DC comic book worlds, including Arrow (2012-present) and Legends of Tomorrow (2016-present), two of the most popular shows on The CW network. He is also the creator of the TV show, Eli Stone (2008-9), and screenwriter of the films, Green Lantern (2011), and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013).

His writing for Marvel Comics includes several series within the X-Men franchise. He is also the author of the novel, Overwatch (2014), a CIA legal thriller that Mystery Scene called, "a paranoid’s delight." In an interview with UAlbany Magazine, Guggenheim said, "My time at UAlbany opened me up socially and intellectually…. It was four wonderful years of my life." Guggenheim will screen clips of his work for TV and film with commentary and Q&A.

Cosponsored by the UAlbany Speaker Series

Edited by tv echo

I will be at HVFF this weekend!  Taking the bus down to Portland with my best friend and we're going to make a quick vacation out of it.  We're going to the Stephen, EBR, EBR+DR, Stephen #2, Ming-Na Wen, and maybe Arrow villains panel.  

I will honest, I haven't watched Arrow much since season 2 and I only watched for Caity. I wouldn't really have anything to ask or look out for, I'm just going to enjoy the nerddom and the pretty.  Does anyone have any questions they want me to ask, or anything they want me to look out for? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Wishing Well said:

Does anyone have any questions they want me to ask, or anything they want me to look out for? 

Any Olicity specific arcs/story lines? My worry is now that they're married they're just gonna ignore them :( Also anything about Felicity: her company, her marriage to Oliver, her parents, her friendship with Diggle ... I'd be thankful for whatever you can ask.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

I will be at HVFF this weekend!  Taking the bus down to Portland with my best friend and we're going to make a quick vacation out of it.  We're going to the Stephen, EBR, EBR+DR, Stephen #2, Ming-Na Wen, and maybe Arrow villains panel.  

I will honest, I haven't watched Arrow much since season 2 and I only watched for Caity. I wouldn't really have anything to ask or look out for, I'm just going to enjoy the nerddom and the pretty.  Does anyone have any questions they want me to ask, or anything they want me to look out for? 

It's really nice of you to do this considering you don't watch Arrow! But I'd be much obliged if you asked Emily what's in store for Felicity and what she's going to be up to in the remaining episodes of this season! I think most on this board seem to be wondering the same thing :)

• Love 4