Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I don't mind Michael because because if Snarly and Sonny raised him, he could be so much more horrible. He seems to be a guy who is trying to do the right thing. My problem with him is that he has no chemistry with KA on screen, which is sad because she is his RL gf.

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I imagine it probably is.  I watched OLTL for years and years and that may be why I like RH (formerly Todd), KA (formerly Star) and ME (formerly McBain) but Prospect Park ruined that when they made ABC change characters. 

Todd was not a nice guy (especially when he was played by TSJ).  In fact, TSJ almost ruined the character for me.  However, I stayed liking Todd (RH) because he was able to show that he had remorse for his misdeeds and did try to make up for them.  He'd fall off the "nice" wagon every so often, but that just kept him interesting.

I loved Star (KA) especially when she was younger and into reptiles, but I always enjoyed her and I don't mind her on GH even as Kiki.  I think a lot of people just turned on her (along with RH and ME) because they didn't like the OLTL actors coming over to GH and taking up air time from regulars.  That's how I used to feel when actors from other soaps came to OLTL, etc.  She doesn't seem any better/worse than a lot of the other actors on the show but I really like her interaction with RH.

I liked ME on OLTL and I like him on GH most of the time, but I liked him more before his character change.

I didn't like MSt in Y&R and I can't seem to warm up to her on GH.  She seems to be typecast as an older woman who acts like she's 18 and no man has ever found her unattractive.  If a man does have sex with her, they are ruined for any other woman.  She's just that good (sarcasm implied)!  Someone described her as a praying mantis and I thought that was very apt.  I might like her if she ever played a different sort of character but, considering how much money she's making playing the same character over and over, I don't really blame her for not diversifying.

Thanks for listening!

• Love 2

I couldn't stand MST on Y&R or on this. yesterday I saw a little and she can't seem to say a word without flapping her hands .very distracting. Who knows what she says all she does is flap. I don't hate KIKI. As a matter of fact my daughter Kristen had the same nickname as a child because her sister couldn't say Krissy she said Kiki and it stuck. I like ME. he seems to be the only character on the show that doesn't make my FF finger itch. Don't like Ava maybe because I hated her carly on AS the world turns. My favorite show for yeeaarrs before Shaffer ruined it.I am old but I don't mind the young ones Michael, Morgan, And the babies. I don't like Dante and Olivia because they bald faced lied when Sonny shot him. This Michael is fine he is the first one I found human. Mykill and SLS made me turn the show off. I hate Sonny and carly with the heat and fire from a thousand suns. I love Anna , Robin most of the time except when drinking the mob sonny kool aid, don't want to see the return of Jason no matter who plays him. Think Nina is eating the show wait till Jason gets here. Loved the Robin's rescue watched everyday in real time commercials and all. Robert and Anna. Saw Sean who was always my favorite especially on ATWTs. Patrick has been completely dumbed down as has Anna  Tracy and Monica these are more reasons to want to shake FrankenRon till their eyes bug out.I also LIke Emme Ryland .I loved her Lizzie on Guiding Light. She can do a hundred times better than she has been on this mess. I am old and home so I seem to be here to watch, but lately I pick the houirs when GH is on to go to the gym,If you people say the show was worth watching I go to the dvr, if not I just delete. Oh does anyone else think TIIC are trying to get the show cancelled ? they are certainly doing a great job.

Jason wasn't one of my favorites.  I was actually hoping (since I like RH so much) that it would turn out he was Jason and not Franco but had been brainwashed or something.  Looks like they're going to leave him as Franco and I feel for him.  It's hard for anyone to like a serial killer.  However, Sonny saying all the time that Franco Is a psycho is hilarious.  How many people has Sonny had killed over the years?

I liked MW as Carly on ATWT.  She was like Todd on OLTL.   She always seemed to get her comeuppance and would settle down a while before returning to her nasty ways.  Nowadays, it seems the bad guys get away with everything and never have to pay for their crimes.  That's why I stopped watching Y&R.  Lately, all the soaps seem to be the same in that category.  I'm tired of the bad guys always winning.  Maybe it's my age (60) that makes me long for the good guy to come out on top, at least some of the time.

• Love 3

This is pretty random but I miss Mike. It was bad enough he had to be saddled with Sonny for a son, when he could have been anyone else's dad, and then they gave him Courtney on top of that. But I really do find myself missing him sometimes. It sort of hit me when I saw in the previews for Monday that Coleman's rs back.

I know he's gone only because Ron retired and I am actually glad they didn't try and recast the role, I just can't see anyone playing Mike but him, but still.

I like Roger Howarth on this show and I don't mind and actually kind of like and enjoy Franco.

Let me give a huge disclaimer and say that I was on a huge break from this show during the original Franco storyline and have seen none of it, just heard bits and pieces through the forums and what's been said on the show.

I also don't think Jason Thompson tanks scenes, even though I'm not particularly happy with Patrick at the moment.

However, Sonny saying all the time that Franco Is a psycho is hilarious.  How many people has Sonny had killed over the years?

I'm sure Sonny's reasoning is something like "well, I'm a professional who has to do that for business!  Franco's just am amateur horning in on my business!"  

I also don't think Jason Thompson tanks scenes, even though I'm not particularly happy with Patrick at the moment.

Agreed. I think just the fact that so many of us are so pissed off at Patrick now is a sign that he's actually selling the shitty, shitty, stuff Ron's giving him to do. 

- I love Elizabeth, why can't they give her a love interest of her own that doesn't come attached to some other woman or the Borg?  Why?  See the beginning of this post... bring back Matt for Elizabeth!

This. I hate that every regime just seems to want to use Liz as a reliable leg for whatever triangle they're trying to sell, and they don't care what kind of character destruction they need to do to Liz to get their stories, because they figure that Becky's fanbase will stick with her no matter what shit they do to Liz. 

Liz and Matt had a shit ton of chemistry, and the show just threw it away for...reasons.  Or something. 

• Love 3

raisinbrn, I think that's why I don't mind Franco either. I took a break during the time that Franco was introduced so didn't see all the crap he did. I do wish that RoHo was introduced as a Q though, and Franco was still dead.

I think TeCa has improved a lot since her maternity leave.

My UOs:

I liked Bradford Anderson and thought he was one of the strongest actors on the show.  I may not have always like the writing for Spinelli, but I always liked what BA brought to the table.

I liked Julie Marie Berman and the way she portrayed Lulu; she seemed to capture traits from both parents.  True, they brought her too far over to the Carly side, but I think that's on the writers.  Plus she had this one scene that has stuck with me, during the Franco kidnapping and being strapped to the bomb.  She was so real with the panic/resignation of thinking she was going to die she actually unnerved me a bit.  I hated the story line, but JMB nailed it.

I don't mind Haley P.'s voice and think she's becoming a strong actress. Plus I think she's grown into a beautiful young woman. It's TeCa's quavery voice sets me on edge.

The Beards:  I like both Roger Howarth's and Jason Thompson's.

I've liked NLG in the past but think she has jumped on the overacting train in her love scenes with Julian.  I'm glad they are taking a break.

I'm secretly hoping they can do something, anything, with this decision of having RoHo play Franco.  (Yes to a name change, please!)  I like Howarth and want him to stay.

Even as a long time viewer I've never liked JZ/Bobby.  There's just something about her speech patterns, her choices of where she places emphasis, that grates.

I like the actress that plays Britt and think she is gorgeous.  I actually remember her from Chuck, where she played Shaw's dead wife.

• Love 5

My UOs:

I liked Bradford Anderson and thought he was one of the strongest actors on the show.  I may not have always like the writing for Spinelli, but I always liked what BA brought to the table.

I liked Julie Marie Berman and the way she portrayed Lulu; she seemed to capture traits from both parents.  True, they brought her too far over to the Carly side, but I think that's on the writers.  Plus she had this one scene that has stuck with me, during the Franco kidnapping and being strapped to the bomb.  She was so real with the panic/resignation of thinking she was going to die she actually unnerved me a bit.  I hated the story line, but JMB nailed it.

I just mentioned that scene the other day elsewhere! I said that was the last time I actually felt scared when Lulu got kidnapped (and that's not an Emme Rylan diss . . . I wasn't worried other times after that when JMBLulu was kidnapped.) She made Lulu's fear so visceral that what could have been a ho-hum filler scene was very hard to watch.

Hated Spinelli, but no one could accuse him of being a bad actor, imo.

Agreed.  BA wasn't bad, but Spinelli was the worst. (Well, he became that way some time after getting together with Maxie.  I remember not hating him, as hard as it feels to believe that now.) 

• Love 3

I don't love Liz but I don't really mind her, either. Well, most of the time. I agree she needs a fresh love interest of her very own, without any baggage. That might be an interesting dynamic, Liz trying to hide her traumatized, messed up past from some normal nice guy because she just wants a normal life at this point. Shame Ewen was turned evil.

I liked JMB as Lulu, too.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

I loved JMB as Lulu, and in fact it was combination of JJ's return as Lucky and the burgeoning Lulu/Dante romance that brought me back into GH a few years ago. Lante was really what kept me around, considering how awful the Lucky stuff was. Once it was obvious what was happening with the Maxie baby storyline, I was glad JMB was leaving because I would have found all of that even harder to take with her in the role, because I was pretty attached to that Lulu (and to her friendship with Maxie). I don't have that problem anymore, because I just don't connect with Emme Rylan at all. Plus, it has just been nonstop BABY BABY BABY since she showed up, so I guess she hasn't had much chance to be appealing.

• Love 5

I hate when Ron does "history" driven story lines. They are just so awful and inevitable taint my well cherished memories of past GH. Plus, I don't want the show to bring on Serena. I didn't want the show to bring Serena when Guza was in charge and now I feel that Ron/Frank are even worse with the characterization of women. I loved Kevin/Lucy/Scotty, but at this point would rather have them all official leave the canvas in a loving way (while finding out Heather lied about Scott being Franco's father). Rather he just ruin his own characters than touch anyone I would care about.

Here's a HUGE UO:

I actually thought that LM's Kristina was cute with Trey, and I even liked her in some of her scenes with the Davis girls, like when they first met Danny. It was when she had to act out scenes like her grief over Trey's death that her limitations REALLY came out. Oy vey.

Then again, I also would have liked Starr with Trey, too. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Maybe I would feel differently if I had been watching back then, but I have no problem with Brad being related to characters from the Asian Quarter story nor with Levi being the son of Peter Harrell.

I have no problem with this types of connections in general.  What I do have a problem with is long-lost children and changing paternity years later.  For example, its my understanding that Y&R is in the process of retconning an identical twin into existance.   The second Ron even attempts bullshit like that, I'm done.

• Love 1

Maybe I would feel differently if I had been watching back then, but I have no problem with Brad being related to characters from the Asian Quarter story nor with Levi being the son of Peter Harrell.

I have no problem with this types of connections in general.  What I do have a problem with is long-lost children and changing paternity years later.  For example, its my understanding that Y&R is in the process of retconning an identical twin into existance.   The second Ron even attempts bullshit like that, I'm done.

Yeah, I do have a problem with it, because I've been watching this show since Luke and Laura danced in the store. I was very wee.  And because I feel like it's a bloody copout. And proves that fuckwit doesn't have a creative bone in his body, nor do his writers, if they can't make these characters separate NEW characters with their own fucking past, without linking them to General Hospital characters from years past.  The Asian Quarter storyline was one of the best...and is available on youtube.

Since I've been on the barge since AJ was murdered, and Brad does NOT interest me in the slightest, I don't know who he said he was related to, but it's utter crap.

• Love 2

I don't have a problem with the show referencing history, per se, but they do such a shitty, shitty job of it.

Like, Heather was always nuts in a conniving way that only sometimes showed in extreme freak outs ... so now she's wacky insane all the time!! And Duke was in the mob as a young man, so let's just park him in Sonny's mob, even if it makes him look like a fool at his current age. The nods to history either twist it, or use it to keep characters from moving forward.

I don't mind the idea of Levi using Maxie to get to the Aztec jewels, but he was written as such an obvious toolbag from day one that it falls flat. And if I were Ron, I wouldn't risk the comparisons to the far superior, intricately plotted original Aztec adventure!

And if this show really respected history, maybe they wouldn't drive Robin fans to drink... or fans of AJ (the original Q heir with a who's the daddy story back in the day.). Just saying.

• Love 1

I'm still not seeing any chemistry between Brad and Lucas, no matter how many days they spend in bed.  Brad still skeeves me out. 

I agree.  He still reminds me of someone who tried out to be in Alvin and Chipmunks and didn't make the cut.

• Love 4

I'm still not seeing any chemistry between Brad and Lucas, no matter how many days they spend in bed.  Brad still skeeves me out. 

This so much, Brad is like an annoying cackling rooster and Lucas comes across as duh?

I like The Nina and think she and Silas have chemistry though she and Franco have more.

Edited by WendyCR72
Fiexed double post
  • Love 2

I would have been curious to see MA and Roger. They were always fun together.

I also don't hate Levi anymore. We share similar values and fuck, I've been dying to throw something at Maxie for years. At least since Robin's funeral. And damn. Maxie and Lulu give me headaches too. Plus, the haircut is good. The actor is actually good.

I say keep him, kill Lauren. He has done more in a damn month than most of the citizens of PC do in a day. Like, pair him with Liz. She can totally get over Nik. He's no prize. Or free Britt from Nik. Either way, free Liz and Britt from Nik. I'm sick of him too.

Bring back Stefan if they want a real Cassadine to drool over.

• Love 1

This was mentioned a few pages back, but I was a fan of Billy Warlock’s A.J.  I especially loved his bond with Skye in the early ‘00s.

Warlock and Robin Christopher had kickass chemistry.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

This was mentioned a few pages back, but I was a fan of Billy Warlock’s A.J.  I especially loved his bond with Skye in the early ‘00s.

Warlock and Robin Christopher had kickass chemistry.

I was a AJ fan then. BW never allowed MB to win the scene even when Sonny's goons had him tied up. AJ never quit, he can act, and he certainly made Sonny look the fool. Sky also hated Sonny and showed it, she did have chemistry with AJ..I never understood how TIIC then could not see the talent they had. Instead we got Sonny wins. I got a ride to the barge. Ned with his big mouth at the time was also a pain..when they had a lot of talent they threw it all away for Sonny ,Jason, and carly. Now they are doing Wash rinse and repeat..what a shame.

Edited by stacey
fixed formatting issues
  • Love 3
I counted for you. "Kiki" was said a total of 13 times today. 13 Bourbons would make me loopy, but not put me in a coma.

I freely admit to being a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. I would be in a coma after thirteen bourbons. I'm loopy after one.

I'm no lightweight, but 13 bourbons would leave me probably wandering the streets bumping into things. Backbiter has a stomach and head of steel to be able to drink 13 bourbons and still stand up.

• Love 1

I was a AJ fan then. BW never allowed MB to win the scene even when Sonny's goons had him tied up. AJ never quit, he can act, and he certainly made Sonny look the fool. Sky also hated Sonny and showed it, she did have chemistry with AJ..I never understood how TIIC then could not see the talent they had. Instead we got Sonny wins. I got a ride to the barge. Ned with his big mouth at the time was also a pain..when they had a lot of talent they threw it all away for Sonny ,Jason, and carly. Now they are doing Wash rinse and repeat..what a shame.

Being an A.J. fan was definitely frustrating. He was ALWAYS in the wrong. Every.single.time. I don't think I've ever watched a show where an alcoholic was deemed more horrific than murderers.

• Love 3