Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I don't dislike Felix as much people. I don't even really dislike him I just find him annoying sometimes. If Ron isn't going to bring on another gay/bi guy then I would rather see Lucas with Felix than Brad. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Bryan Craig isn't good enough to make Morgan's continuous whining about Sonny any less annoying. And whose idea is it to have Morgan refer to Michael as "Mickey"? Stop it.

Edited by LeftPhalange

Mikey is a childish and annoying nickname. Its like when they kept calling Kristina "Krissy" after aging her up. They didn't use these nicknames for them when they were kids so why now?

• Love 1

Sorry, I meant Mikey. It was fine at first but it got old fast. Lately I haven't been paying attention to him so I don't know if he's still doing it.

Mikey is a childish and annoying nickname. Its like when they kept calling Kristina "Krissy" after aging her up. They didn't use these nicknames for them when they were kids so why now?

I don't disagree that Mikey is annoying, but it's not that unusual between siblings to have childish nicknames for each other. I have two siblings that have childhood nicknames that people think are nuts when they hear them. The big difference is that only fellow siblings are allowed to use them. The last non-sib who called my six foot, 225 pound former linebacker of a brother 'Cheeks' was asked not to, in quite a...gentle, yet forceful way.

So as long as it's just Morgan calling him Mikey, I'm cool with it. When the girlfriend calls him Mikey, however, I want to punch my TV.

• Love 1

I don't disagree that Mikey is annoying, but it's not that unusual between siblings to have childish nicknames for each other. I have two siblings that have childhood nicknames that people think are nuts when they hear them. The big difference is that only fellow siblings are allowed to use them. The last non-sib who called my six foot, 225 pound former linebacker of a brother 'Cheeks' was asked not to, in quite a...gentle, yet forceful way.

So as long as it's just Morgan calling him Mikey, I'm cool with it. When the girlfriend calls him Mikey, however, I want to punch my TV.

Like I pointed out Morgan just started calling Michael "Mikey". He didnt use that nickname when he was a kid.

Ok I'll say it - I see chemistry between Lucas and Felix. I like that Felix is taller than Lucas (whereas Brad looked like the little troglodyte he is next to him) but is softer if that makes sense. I want to see where this goes.

• Love 2

I have never liked Alexis as a character and I think Nancy Lee Grahn is a terrible actress, who huffs and puffs even more than Natalia Livingston did. I don't think she's sexy. I don't think her rack is awesome. I can't stand her 80s outfits or her 90s hair, which I didn't think could get any worse but just this past week, it's so bad that I am forced to conclude that she's one haircut away from having a mullet. 

Whew. It took me years to find a place to say that.

• Love 2

I have never liked Alexis as a character and I think Nancy Lee Grahn is a terrible actress, who huffs and puffs even more than Natalia Livingston did. I don't think she's sexy. I don't think her rack is awesome. I can't stand her 80s outfits or her 90s hair, which I didn't think could get any worse but just this past week, it's so bad that I am forced to conclude that she's one haircut away from having a mullet. 

Whew. It took me years to find a place to say that.

I don't feel as strongly as you but I definitely am in the same ballpark regarding the character and the actress.  What I find most offputting is that obvious "golly gee a BOY like me!" routine she goes into with virtually every guy.  She's waaaaaaaaayyyy too old for it - and I don't care for it when anyone, regardless of age, does it. 

What Alexis has going for her - maybe the only thing for me - is that she's a vet portrayed by a woman of a certain age, and both are getting far too rare.

• Love 2
(edited)

I like Alexis but I think that's mainly because she's Sam's mother. I do think it's really annoying how she gets involved with mobsters, terrorists, and other deviants and then acts surprised when they do bad things. And her dumping Shawn for being a mob goon while still defending Sonny and getting involved with Julian was the hight of hypocrisy.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

I have loved Alexis for as long as I've watched the show, going back to 1996  Her and Ned=my first ship.  Her in a room with Stefan, Nikolas, Helena and, hell, big Kristina, golden.  Her and Jax, something that needs to be gone to.  I even love her with Molly and original recipe daughter Kristina (LA).  But I do agree that since she was thrown at Sonny's peen, yeah, I see that displeasure.  And her and Sam is still something I have a hard time swallowing, especially with the Jerome twist.  Much prefer the idea, if they really needed to go there, of having Stavros be the father via rape (as disgusting as the idea is).

I am still having a hard time with Julexis because I hate the pattern they threw her in (bad boys--Sonny, Ric, Jerry, Julian).

I miss Stefan (but no way in hell would I want them to bring him back with this regime.  Thank you, Ron, "I love to shit on GH history" Carlivati.

• Love 3

What Alexis has going for her - maybe the only thing for me - is that she's a vet portrayed by a woman of a certain age, and both are getting far too rare.

I would agree with that generally, though not necessarily in relation to Alexis (who I feel like I should mention I dislike even though I just did that this morning. It's so freeing once you say it!) One of the things that I liked about OLTL was that its vets didn't get pushed aside. No matter how many other characters were on the canvas, Viki and Dorian were always at the heart of the show. I know the new regime is unpopular with viewers, but I like that they brought that sensibility to GH and now we're seeing some great women characters as well as the return of women being friends.

I like Alexis but I think that's mainly because she's Sam's mother. I do think it's really annoying how she gets involved with mobsters, terrorists, and other deviants and then acts surprised when they do bad things. And her dumping Shawn for being a mob goon while still defending Sonny and getting involved with Julian was the hight of hypocrisy.

I do think she's the most hypocritical character on the show. I know most people feel that it's Sonny, but to me, Sonny isn't a hypocrite; he just has an extremely warped sense of right and wrong. He is being true to his values, completely jacked up though they are. But Alexis has a normal value system; she just goes against it on a regular basis, feels guilty, and then tries to make someone else change to make her feel better about herself. Or else she offers up a BS justification like, "I only represent Sonny in his legitimate business interests," as if being the attorney for the business he uses as a front isn't facilitating his criminal activities, whatever they are. Seriously, I have no idea what they are.

Usually when I like or dislike a character, it passes over time. I used to love Nik, but now I couldn't be more indifferent, and I used to hate both Sam and Maxie, like HAAAAATTTTE, but now they're two of my favorites. But with Alexis, I feel like it's been years of not liking her and wishing that she'd either gradually disappear like so many others have or that Helena would finally make good on her vague threats to dispose of her.

• Love 2

I do think she's the most hypocritical character on the show. I know most people feel that it's Sonny, but to me, Sonny isn't a hypocrite; he just has an extremely warped sense of right and wrong. He is being true to his values, completely jacked up though they are. But Alexis has a normal value system; she just goes against it on a regular basis, feels guilty, and then tries to make someone else change to make her feel better about herself. Or else she offers up a BS justification like, "I only represent Sonny in his legitimate business interests," as if being the attorney for the business he uses as a front isn't facilitating his criminal activities, whatever they are. Seriously, I have no idea what they are.

Usually when I like or dislike a character, it passes over time. I used to love Nik, but now I couldn't be more indifferent, and I used to hate both Sam and Maxie, like HAAAAATTTTE, but now they're two of my favorites. But with Alexis, I feel like it's been years of not liking her and wishing that she'd either gradually disappear like so many others have or that Helena would finally make good on her vague threats to dispose of her.

I used to like Alexis and then after her knowing but pretending not to know about the meathook, her sleeping with Sonny so he wouldn't kill AJ - or rather have AJ killed - and on and on I realized I liked the idea of Alexis. She never turned into the slightly psycho badass Cassadine I thought she should be. Then they had her hyperventilating every time a man looked at her and  it got old. 

Her acting like AJ is a shit parent when she co-parents with Sonny just makes my head hurt. When did AJ almost get his son blown up? (Krissy) When did he put Michael in a position to be raped in prison? When did he shoot a cop point blank in the chest and then was like - my bad! if I had known he was my kid I wouldn't have shot him -It's Olivia's fault for not telling me? Alexis knows all this and yet AJ sucks and Sonny 'loves his kids'. No, not even.   

• Love 4

My Unpopular Opinion is that I don't want there to be any "tocks" (dead babies) on this show at all.  Killing off infants is just not entertaining.  And GH desperately needs some young 'uns on the canvas who are not Corinthii.

• Love 4

I don't mind Kiki and Michael, and Sam/Silas. Plus, Felix is not bad with Lucas. Plus, i dislike Franco but do see the chemistry with him and Carly. There, I said it!

Agreed on the dead babies thing. I've had NICU babies (that made it) and I know someone who just lost their NICU baby. There is no way I could watch anyone, even Sabrina, lose a NICU baby. Of course, I keep checking in to see if there is anything worth tuning back in to GH for and there never is, so even if the baby didn't make it, I probably wouldn't be watching to see anyway!!

• Love 1

Do I want to see Gabriel Santiago Falalala in 5 years? No. But I also do not want to see Patrick and Sabrina get married and have a love story further shoved down my throat.

I used to like Sabrina, but my God. It's too much. Can she return a nerd and tell Patrick f you and be alone? I want her to dump Patrick. So hard. Then, I want Patrick to chase Sam so we can get the eventual Robin/Jason/Pat/Sam quad.

I also wouldn't mind a Robin recast. I love me some Kim, but an actress that can stay around might help Robin get shit on less. Hell, let her come back years from now and do a tale of two Robins.

I don't want more dead babies, but I don't like the latest spawn offerings. No more Corinthos spawn. And please, can Morgan get a girl his own age?

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't find Carlos entertaining or funny.

I don't really care that much about Julian/Alexis as a couple. I feel like Alexis has had this story so many times.

I don't like Sonny and I won't be sorry if he ever is written off, but I don't think the show would really improve that much, nor do I think he's the biggest problem with the show now.

I think Morgan is a whiny baby.

I can't root for a character just because they sometimes yell at Sonny.

I didn't care for Jonathan Jackson as Lucky. Ever.

Other than Bobbie and Aunt Ruby (RIP), I've never cared about any Spencer, and I wouldn't mind if they were all shipped out of Port Charles for good.

I will always love Lucy even if she histrionics and whines and cries for the rest of eternity. 

I have a huge soft spot for Kristina Wagner and will put up with a lot of shit from Felicia as a result.

I generally like Sam. I just happen to hate nearly every story she has ever had. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

I don't think Maura West is A) pretty B) talented C) entertaining. Watching Ava try to move her frozen face is torture to me. Laura Wright is not much of an actress but at least her forehead moves when she wants it to. Sonny and me broke up for good when he left Brenda at the altar but I'm Team Sonny when it comes to Ava. Kill the bitch.

• Love 2

I don't think Maura West is A) pretty B) talented C) entertaining. Watching Ava try to move her frozen face is torture to me.

Did MW do this I-want-to-fuck-everyone-in-the-room  schtick in her previous role (before Y&R)? I don't find it amusing.

I still don't care about Nathan. I don't hate him or anything but he could be killed off and I wouldn't care.

• Love 2

Did MW do this I-want-to-fuck-everyone-in-the-room  schtick in her previous role (before Y&R)?

She didn't do it at all as Carly on ATWT.  MW is a chemistry magnet, IMO; but the femme fatale act is strictly for this character (& I think it works for Ava).

• Love 3
(edited)
the femme fatale act is strictly for this character (& I think it works for Ava).

Except when she goes all damsel-in-distress and the chin starts to wobble, which is at least 50 percent of the time. Not a fan of Ava or MW.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think Britt is beyond boring. It's easy to give a so-so actor "fun" bitchy one-liners and have them hang out and snark at the other 'nice' characters, but that doesn't make them work in their own right or on their own terms. Britt completely bored me with any straightforward romantic story with Nikolas, and I feel nothing for her. If they want me to root for a bitch they need to give her some real dimension beyond "my mother" and a sad face, and hire someone like Amanda Setton from OLTL, who could do it all and made it look easy. I think Kelly Thiebaud has some comic talent, but that's not the tenor of the character and frankly, it's easier to play funny or bitchy than to play drama. Lynn Herring can do both (as can Kathleen Gati), KT can't and I wish they'd stop trying to make Obrecht's extended family happen. That includes Nathan, who seems like a very nice guy offscreen and is awfully attractive but is not fit for any kind of major storylines featuring him as anything more than a support player. I'm not interested in giving him a frontburner story just because he really tries.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't like Sonny and I won't be sorry if he ever is written off, but I don't think the show would really improve that much, nor do I think he's the biggest problem with the show now.

I agree with this, although I do think it would stop making the other characters look like giant morons to twist themselves around for Sonny and blathering about how he has a good heart.

I can't root for a character just because they sometimes yell at Sonny.

Also agreed.

imo it doesn't really make sense for Morgan to call Michael "Mikey" because he's the younger sibling; if he were older than Michael, it would seem more natural.

unpopular opinion: I like the name Rocco for Dante and Lulu's kid. Ben is an okay name, but I think it sounds weird with "Falconeri" and it didn't strike me as a name either one would want to stick with.

I like Kiki better than Starr simply because KA's hair as Starr damaged my eyes.

I don't think Mac/JJY has been wasted or is being wasted. He's fine as a sounding board for people, but the guy is a mediocre actor and has no charisma.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Carly on ATWT pretty well had sex with anything in pants.  She was married six times (twice to Jack, and was engaged to him at the end), and slept with tons of guys including Holden.

Carly may have had a lot of sex, but she wasn't a "femme fatale" type of character.

• Love 2

As much as I have loved KeMo, I don't think she's that great of an actress unless she's in a heavy dramatic storyline like Baby Lila or the Franco horridness. She's serviceable, just like SK was and he certainly wasn't the end all be all of characters. I don't miss him one bit.

And for some reason, even though Sam finally has scenes with her father, I'm still bored shitless because all they do is fucking talk about Silas. Yawn, snooze, snore, coma. BORING.

MW is a great actress to me partly because IRL she's the sweetest person ever, completely opposite of Ava.

• Love 1

My unpopular opinion: I don't like Sam at all. She sucks the life out of any scene she's in. Silas gets all the blame for SiAmbien being a snooze, but OMG Sam is more than half the problem.

Second LuLu, Kiki and Maxie.....really show? They sound like a troop of 7 y/o girl scouts, not grown ass women.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Rocco has that horrible name, I guess Ava's child will be called Sluggo.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Liz is a "saint" or a "slut".

Me either. I hate her anyway!

My UO is that I honestly don't think RP is bad in this part. I am far more embarrassed by MB, MSt, ME, RoHo, KA, etc.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I loved Sonny yelling at Rick that he should have killed him when he had the chance in front of a cop. If anything happens to Ric even if Sonny is not involved, I want to see Sonny go down thanks to that cop's testimony.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't care about Silas, Nathan or anyone in their vast family and extended family. I think their entire story is incredibly forced and unwatchable. It's built entirely on people we have no reason to care about. It started with Offscreen Nina, who I felt was jammed down my throat, along with her entire family. Then came the Obrecht connection, more Obrecht, more Britt, Donna Mills looking awkward. Nathan who can't act. Michelle Stafford. On and on and on.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I might enjoy the show more if Ron would let people settle in. Nathan is Nina's brother. No, he's her nephew. Madeline is his mother. No, she's his aunt. Britt is a random doctor. No, she's his sister.

Lauren's father is Franco. Franco is a Quartermaine. No, he's not. Lauren isn't a Quartermaine, either. Franco isn't her father, Silas is.

I mean, seriously. None of this improves the characters or their stories.

• Love 3

My unpopular opinion?  HUGE for this crowd.  I like this show.  I think that Cartini are doing a good job overall.  I sit down to watch GH and I enjoy myself.  I like most of the characters (not Sonny or Carly or Franco--why? why? why?!?!?)  I like the stories.  I like the interweaving of stories and characters.  I like it; it's good soap.  With good acting and good characters.   I'd like more romance, better romance, better use of chemistry.

Imagining me singing "You are not alone..." It's definitely an unpopular opinion here, but I think the show is much better than it's been in a decade and a half, and it entertains me most of the time. My character opinions are the opposite of a lot of yours, though I also dig Felix, yet I'm still happy with the show. We exist!

• Love 1

I don't think Lucas is that great of a catch. There's nothing necessarily wrong with him but I've seen nothing that makes me think he's some super amazing guy who is slumming it by dating Felix. I think the only reason I have any interest in him at all is because he's Sam's sister.

I like Sabrina. I wish they had made her have a crush on Patrick but put into Michael's orbit & age range. She could have been quirky and took care of AJ when he had his panic attack & bonded with Michael & got over her crush. I think she could have been more natural with him.

I have soft spots for Roger & Laura from ATWT & GL but I saw hella chemistry between Roger & KeMo when he was Todd so I wish he was someone different so I could see if the chemistry was still there.

Britt and Brad are lying liars who lie. That is their fallback position. Lucas is right for not trusting the little stalkery troll. Get back under your bridge. And take your rabbit toothed friend with you. I saw her on an episode of Castle & she acts no different even though that character was a ho.

I don't care about Robin. I've watched old clips on YouTube of her romantic scenes & the only one I believed was Stone. In my head I kept thinking 'They should have given her the Willow Rosenberg treatment'. I saw more chemistry with LW and Becky Herbst scenes. Patrick seems like her brother and their sex scenes squick me out.

I'm afraid of Bobbi's face.

• Love 3

Britt and Brad are lying liars who lie. That is their fallback position. Lucas is right for not trusting the little stalkery troll. Get back under your bridge. And take your rabbit toothed friend with you.

Lucas needs to get a restraining order against Brad.

I loved Robin with Jason. SBu really acted with her. They did have a lot of chemistry. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the girl with no future and the boy with no past.

(edited)

I like Sabrina. I wish they had made her have a crush on Patrick but put into Michael's orbit & age range. She could have been quirky and took care of AJ when he had his panic attack & bonded with Michael & got over her crush. I think she could have been more natural with him.

I agree with this.  I'm still hoping that somehow they find a way to put Michael and Sabrina together.  After all, he is attracted to damsels in distress and she just lost a baby, seems like a natural moment for them to bump into each other and bond.

I don't care about Robin. I've watched old clips on YouTube of her romantic scenes & the only one I believed was Stone. In my head I kept thinking 'They should have given her the Willow Rosenberg treatment'. I saw more chemistry with LW and Becky Herbst scenes. Patrick seems like her brother and their sex scenes squick me out.

I never saw the amazeballs chemistry that Kimberly McCullough and Jason Patrick had either (although I don't think that's on her, given the way the guy checks out if the writing isn't holding him rapt enough there's only so much a scene partner can do).  However, I don't agree that KM only had chemistry with other women - the Jason/Robin pairing was probably the second best one she was ever in (after Stone), and she showed lots of chemistry with Sean Kanan as A.J. (and later, with Billy Warlock as well).  One of the many things I'll never forgive Guza for is breaking up Jason/Robin because he didn't consider Robin to be good enough for his Super Speshul Holy Hitman.  >:(

Edited by yowsah1
(edited)

NLG and KMo have had  better deals than a majority of their castmates on GH, male or female, nor do I think KMo's storyline were particularly bad compared to the rest of the cast. Everyone gets thrown under the bus except for a select few but GH worked overtime into getting the audience to like Sam, changing her backstory every six months and probably were relieved that she sparked with Jason,( seeing as ALW Courtney was on her way out)and she always had tons of screentime, which didn't change with the change in management. I think because she has had so much screentime is the reason people are lead to believe her storylines suck the most. Also, while GH hasn't been great with Alexis and love interest, she has gone through a respectful amount of pairings that usually had more thought than the rest of the female cast, except for Carly, with her being paired with Sonny, Ric, Jerry, Mac, Shawn and now Julian and for a woman her age, she gets a fair  amount of screentime. Contrast that Jane Elliot, for the last decade basically Tony Geary has been the person she has been paired with. They could have chem tested her with John Durant or Trevor Lansing, both who I think were completely Tracy's type and neither really had any sort of romantic pairing while on the show, but they didn't. The love interest RC/FV came up with was a guy that violently raped a virginaly 18 year old, and she already was which is pretty much the same as Luke.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3