Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I didn't love Spin, but I don't have nearly the problem with him that most do. And I think BA is extremely talented, so I wouldn't mind seeing him some more. I did enjoy the friendship he had with Sam. They certainly aren't writing her one with Maxie, so it would be nice to see her with a friend for once. And I hope Ellie comes with him, if for nothing else to throw more shade at Franco. If I didn't like her already, that would definitely cement it.

• Love 4

I just had a thought.

Spin took the recording off AJ's phone. You think once that's revealed/found, Franco won't throw him under the bus too? If it is, my uo is this is smart writing from Ron for once. Ellie warned Spin not to do it. Scotty came in saying everyone involved was going down. No one thought about Spin taking the recording off, even though he never listened to it. He still did it. It's like driving a getaway car in soap logic. Plus, Maxie will get the baby and the cop.

I had to sneak in here to say I do feel slightly bad for Sonny. I kind of like Sonny and though he deserves what he is getting I do feel kind of sad for him.

Also I don't feel bad for Ava at all. I hope she never gets to hold her baby.

• Love 2

I had to sneak in here to say I do feel slightly bad for Sonny. I kind of like Sonny and though he deserves what he is getting I do feel kind of sad for him.

Also I don't feel bad for Ava at all. I hope she never gets to hold her baby.

I have long been watching GH because of the actors, the characters and stoylines just don't cut it anymore. Because of that I can't hate Sonny as much he deserves it. I have bursts of hatred towards him, it was the crypt sex sex recently. Mo's dimple get to me every time.

In all seriousness though, while he doesn't pay for his crimes, Sonny is allowed to look TERRIBLE compared to Jason Morgan, the saintly hit man. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1

In all seriousness though, while he doesn't pay for his crimes, Sonny is allowed to look TERRIBLE compared to Jason Morgan, the saintly hit man. 

This. This is why I have always hated Jason more than Sonny. When Jake is revealed to be Jason I just know Michael is gonna be all "MY HERO!" about him when, in fact, he should hate him that way he now hates Sonny and Carly.

• Love 2

I'm weird. Billy Miller as a Jason apologizing, rejecting "tha thug life", being pissed at Sonny and Carly for AJ's murder and himself, wanting to be a good uncle, son, father, and person- I can get behind. Steve Burton stopped trying the moment Jason and Robin broke up. So if Billy Miller wants to be goregous and charming and play nice to the Q's, I'll take it. Too bad we can't have SK, CD, and Billy Miller together because they all look related.

• Love 2

This. This is why I have always hated Jason more than Sonny. When Jake is revealed to be Jason I just know Michael is gonna be all "MY HERO!" about him when, in fact, he should hate him that way he now hates Sonny and Carly.

If he says something about "his big brother being back" or "now I have a brother again now I've written off Morgan" I may choke.

• Love 1

No, that's not why I wouldn't like Michael calling Jason "big brother". I think Jason and Michael were very close, and Jason was definitely more noticeably closer to him than Sonny's other kids, imo. But Jason was always like an uncle (well he is an uncle, but you get my drift) and a father figure to him. He never really called Jason a "big brother" until a couple of weeks ago, no doubt to smooth the way for the younger Jason we got. Which is why I might strain something if we hear Michael throw around the word "brother" about Jason some more. 

• Love 2

Oh, I see what you mean. What I would find annoying is if Jason suddenly becomes so proactive in Michael's life, because as I wrote, Jason always waited for people to come to him.

I don't think Billy Miller looks so much younger than Steve Burton, but then, we've only seen BM somewhat beaten up. Maybe once he has no face injuries, I'll see it.

Edited by dubbel zout

I actually think RH's portrayal is UCG. The original Franco was (mostly) controlled and calculating. More in line with what a sociopath is supposed to be. RH's Franco acts like some vile freak who forgot to take his meds.

I completely agree. Imo, RH lost the ability to be genuinely menacing sometime in the late 90s. He's doing his usual wacky bad guy schtick, which I've seen on three different shows with three supposedly different characters at this point.

• Love 1

I hate Franco but I have enjoyed the hell out of him trolling Carly, Bobbie and the rest of the PC hypocrites. This Franco can stay as long as he keeps on hating Snarly and making her life hell. I like people who make Carly's life hell, I'm easy to please that way.

• Love 6

UO to end all UOs. I have watched stories from the "golden age" of GH and I find them boring, silly or both. I mean, how is the Ice Princess nonsense any less laughable than FonDuke? or toxic balls? I also don't see what was so great about any of the couples. Let me just say that my first introduction to Frisco during Maxie's heart storyline, and then when Georgie was born did not leave a good taste in my mouth.

• Love 1

UO to end all UOs. I have watched stories from the "golden age" of GH and I find them boring, silly or both. I mean, how is the Ice Princess nonsense any less laughable than FonDuke? or toxic balls? I also don't see what was so great about any of the couples. Let me just say that my first introduction to Frisco during Maxie's heart storyline, and then when Georgie was born did not leave a good taste in my mouth.

I read (on these or the old TWOP boards) that the Ice Princess was not that well received by the writers (that I believe were on strike) and those returns by Frisco were just Jack Wagner deigning to return.

The more I see of Michael currently the more repulsed I am by him. I just can't stand the little snot. Everything he does or says rubs me the wrong way, and it doesn't help that Chad does not a thing for me.

He's lumpy oatmeal: sure it's edible but it's just not worth eating. His acting isn't good enough to make up for how badly written Michael is. 

The more and more Michael carries on in fact just reminds me why I don't view him as any sort of victim in what's happened, if anything I wish he'd suffer even more.

He's had plenty of chances to straighten himself out, change his life, and stop depending on his shitty family.

He isn't a baby anymore, or a toddler or little boy or even a teenager, he should be mature enough to not keep reverting back to the attitude and put downs and insults of a grade school little chump that would rather screw a stranger then figure out what comes next, how he will have to live his life now since he's basically banished his entire bloodline from his world and yet he will still live in the same tiny town as them, surrounded by them and the other family members they openly share.

And to top it all off, he's perfectly fine with keeping secrets and covering things up and lying when it suits him, when it benefits him but of course when the tables are turned he decides to go on the war path and supposedly I am meant to cheer him on, give me a goddamn break.

He's an immature, spiteful, emotionally stunted hypocrite.

• Love 4
And to top it all off, he's perfectly fine with keeping secrets and covering things up and lying when it suits him, when it benefits him but of course when the tables are turned he decides to go on the war path and supposedly I am meant to cheer him on, give me a goddamn break.

He's an immature, spiteful, emotionally stunted hypocrite.

Not to defend Michael, because I've hated him since ever, but all that means is that he's Carly and Sonny's get after all and has nothing at all of AJ in him. Carly's gaping maw bleating about Franco being a serial killer was delicious schadenfreude. If you pick up a snake, don't be surprised if it bites you. She's all mad now because he did something to her, and I love it because she's the one who's the one who thought her love would purify him. Had she not stolen Michael from his real father, he might have had a chance, but because she thought it was a great idea to let a hitman and a mobster take turns raising the kid, Michael is no better off than Morgan.

Not to defend Michael, because I've hated him since ever, but all that means is that he's Carly and Sonny's get after all and has nothing at all of AJ in him

I actually don't disagree with you on this, heh, it's a big factor why I don't consider him AJ's "kid".

Biologically, at least as far as we know, he is AJ's son but he wasn't raised by him, he wasn't brought up to think about AJ as a dad, as a potential role model or anything, in fact during the red headed step child years it was as if they did their damnedest to turn him against AJ and hate him with all his heart.

From way back when he used to call Sonny "Daddy" Michael has idolized and worshiped at the altars of Sonny and Carly and Jason and that is the kid I've watched grow up. I won't say that it wasn't implied that he had a nice year or so with AJ, learning to understand him and finding out about how he was just stolen away from him, but he's still the kid of the people who raised him. His behaviour is exactly how they behave, especially when upset and angry and hurt.

So on that note I do agree that he is a product of his upbringing, just as Morgan is as you said, or just as Joss and Spencer are turning out to be for the future to come.

I actually didn't mind Lindsey Morgan as Kristina that much, and I thought she and Trey were kind of cute.

She also brought the UCG when Trey died and she went after Connie with a baseball bat. I LOLed at that.

The dialogue in the Guza years makes watching clips during that era a little bit easier, even when the storylines themselves were awful. That was before I began watching, so I'll sometimes watch scenes from those days and it's so interesting to hear the quality of the dialogue, even when the actual storylines were shit. 

• Love 3
The dialogue in the Guza years makes watching clips during that era a little bit easier, even when the storylines themselves were awful. That was before I began watching, so I'll sometimes watch scenes from those days and it's so interesting to hear the quality of the dialogue, even when the actual storylines were shit.

Well, we can't have THAT. No wonder the entire staff minus Korte was tossed for OLTL peeps. (I did get a kick out of the irony of the Guza staff winning a writing Emmy after said firing and after RC took over.) So now, not only are the stories shit, so is the dialogue. At least it matches.

• Love 3

Well, we can't have THAT. No wonder the entire staff minus Korte was tossed for OLTL peeps. (I did get a kick out of the irony of the Guza staff winning a writing Emmy after said firing and after RC took over.) So now, not only are the stories shit, so is the dialogue. At least it matches.

Also a writer named Kate Hall, but she was only there for a short while before Ron came and worked on AMC before that so its more like Ron saved one non-OLTL writer than saved a GH one. She could have worked on OLTL before that for all I know. (I just looked her up - no, she didn't work on OLTL and actually wrote an episode of Night Shift. Interesting.) And at least they did get rid of some of the bad writers JFP had just hired, like David Kriezman. But overall, yeah, deeply stupid move by Frank, imo.

Edited by ulkis

This week I noticed two new daily script writers, the name listed about Elizabeth Korte for that day, that I've never seen listed before. I think one was named Andrea and had three names.

Edited by Tiger

I liked Kristina especially when she gave it to Sonny. She pulled no punches at first. I liked her with Trey, and I also liked his father. Trey Sr may have been some scum but, he took his son from the drawer left the mob and raised him.  I liked him with Tracy also. Much better than with Luke. TIIC of this show are just plain stupid, they fall into something and never see it. They had great story here but of course Sonny must win, and poor Sainted Connie. She had a child stuffed it in a drawer and never thought of it again.

• Love 3

This week I noticed two new daily script writers, the name listed about Elizabeth Korte for that day, that I've never seen listed before. I think one was named Andrea and had three names.

Archer Compton. I don't think there's anyone else added recently.

I was super into Tracy/Joe Jr. At least someone finally actually liked Tracy and only Tracy, they had great chem, and there was good story there. Plus Tracy/Trey were great, too.

I agree.  I was really hoping they'd find some way to write Joe out of the corner they'd written him into, because it was so nice to see someone so into her, to the point where he was wiling to sacrifice by giving her the antidote instead of taking it himself.  It could have been a great story for her. 

• Love 8

That's like three good characters we lost for useless Connie, who still died.

I never believed Connie's rape story. It was too weird, and I've never heard of a violent rapist actually saving the child concieved from a rape and raising the child in a loving home. If they wanted to give Connie DID, awesome, but she didn't need to be raped. They could have used the story to tell a very real tale of mental illness. Maybe Joe Jr and Connie did have sex, but he had sex with one of her alters unknowingly.

I preferred Kate and even Connie to Joe Jr., Ava and Trey. There I said it. I found the DID storyline completely offensive.Victoria Lord was one thing because initial it wasn't written as a joke and had some research to back it up. Garin Wolfe and  Ron Carlivarti took this strong, independent business woman that made the incredibly sane choice in leaving her criminal loser boyfriend for a brighter future and proceeded to turn her into a victim.  Kate Howard was one of the most unique characters to grace GH because she was a prickly, driven woman of high standards who wasn't a criminal or even someone with borderline personality disorder. She even went to college and worked her way to the top.

I don't hate Ava, but she is a lesser Faith Roscoe.  While I liked the actor that portrayed Trey (and he should have been the one asked back as another character), Joe Jr. wasn't that great. He just happened to actually be attracted to Tracy that was appealing. This might have been a bit wish list, but RC should have kept Kate and Joe Jr/Trey separate and brought back Faith from the dead as the mother. 

I never believed Connie's rape story. It was too weird, and I've never heard of a violent rapist actually saving the child concieved from a rape and raising the child in a loving home.

And I never heard about a person developing DID from consensual at the age of 18 years. Nothing in that storyline made any sense.

• Love 4

DID (so I learned in college, psych major), is a controversial topic. It's not considered a real disorder. It was "developed" long ago for "hysterical" women. They'd give them things like sodium penthanol and encourage them to develop personalities. Very weird shit. And it almost always develops in childhood. So the likelihood of a girl getting assaulted or even shot or whatever as a teen and being DID was very slim to none. Ron was stupid for writing that, but that's like saying grass is green. I'd buy Connie was a paranoid schizophrenic which would be different and interesting. Many people have schizophrenia. Kate Howard was a great character, but ruined by Sonny. Of course.

The actor playing Trey had great chemistry with Tracy and would be a great Dillon recast imo. And Tracy needs a new non Luke love interest. If Ron can write one guy loving her like Joe Jr, write another. A new lawyer because damn. Diane and Alexis can't be the only lawyers.

Edited by Grrpants09

I preferred Kate and even Connie to Joe Jr., Ava and Trey. There I said it.

I don't think that's an UO at all. It seems like an overwhelming majority of viewers loved Kate. I personally wasn't watching much when she was around, so I have no real feelings for her. I actually loved Connie at first because she hated Sonny and I will love anyone who openly hates Sonny.

I'd say Ava is a polarizing character. I think about the same amount of people love her that hate her. Same for Sonny.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
I didn't consider Megan Ward's bob to be world-saving.

BLASPHEMY!!

I like Tracy and Luke. I think they work for each other.

I don't mind the idea of them, but I despise how Tracy has been a doormat for Luke. She lets him take the most appalling advantage of her, and then expects everyone else to just fall in line. NO.

• Love 8

I do agree that Tracy should learn to tell Luke to fuck off every once in awhile. Or cut him off financially whenever he acts up. And the fact that Tracy (and everyone else) looks like an idiot because of this Fluke crap is ridiculous.

• Love 3

My UOs are: 

- I love Carly, she's my fav character and I feel bad that Michael hates her now, even tho she deserves all the pain. 
- I'm a Carly apologist at times
- I loved Courtney Matthews and I miss her. I want her back. Carly needs a female friend, and it would be a great pleasure to me if she comes back. 
- I don't find Chad Duell sexy. I miss Drew Garrett as Michael.
- I hate the goody-two shoes!Michael. I prefer BadAss!Michael

- I miss the Zacchara family

- I hate Dr. O and Ava. I want them dead. 
- I LOVED the Fab 4. (Courtney, Jason, Sonny and Carly) 
- Billy Miller sucks ass as Jason. Who the hell is playing any way? 
- I liked LM as Kristina. In fact, I miss Kristina. 
- I loved Connie and I wish Olivia had died instead of her. 

- I hate Alexis, Elizabeth, and Robin. 3 self-righteous bitches

- I dislike Maxie. Never liked her. 
- I hate Emme Rylan as LuLu. I miss JMB. She was the queen of confrontations. 
- I did ship Liaison for a while and I did liked Jake. 

Edited by smoothoperator
  • Love 2

I didn't always like Kate's bob, but I loved her attitude. She also had a fierce wardrobe.

I find Donna Mills' s eyeshadow game to be on point. I also liked Kiki's Hallowedding outfit. I'm weird, I know. I also have not liked anything Maxie's worn in forever, but irl? KS is a diva dresser. She and BB are ridiculously attractive.

I still love MSt's hair. A lot.

• Love 1

I find Donna Mills' s eyeshadow game to be on point. 

That's just an area of expertise for her. Go to 8:19:

Topic?

Of these two supercouples that began within the same time period, I prefer Alan & Monica to Luke & Laura.

• Love 1