Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I hate Sam, and Jason StoneCold Morgan wasn't far behind since he was boring.  I am hoping Sam isn't allowed to get her filthy hooks into nuJason. 

I don't see a happy ending for Liz and Jason simply because there are too many viewers out there who prefer hot couples to characters with an ethical core (said couples are few and far between on GH). I hope there is no happy ending in any way for Sam.  How soon can we expect Helena's curse to kick in?

• Love 5

I don't think Liz is receiving the worst character assassination in the history of soaps. I think some of her worst tendencies have been taken a step further. Liz is lying and even before this story story started that wasn't OOC for her - but Dante never looked at another woman and now he's "dating" his wife's cousin after cheating on his wife. Patrick was never a serial monogamist desperate to be married, RC had him engaged twice in two years. They are actually being written grossly and stupidly out of character, Liz was just lying again

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11

I don't think the assassination of Liz's character is the lie ( even though it's writing Liz to her worst while her nemesis sam is getting excellent writing) but rather what an awful mother she is being. Of course Liz has always flirted with putting peen before her sons but never this blatantly. I hate everything about the jake returns story and find it out of character Liz wouldn't attack Helena for taking her son at the expense of protecting herself.

• Love 2

I agree about Dante, in a lot of ways what they are doing is worse because there isn't a single moment prior to Lulu where he didn't act like he wasn't head over heels in love with Lulu and since they discovered Rocco was theirs, the rough patch over Georgie is well behind them. He was perfectly happy with Lulu even weeks before he slept with Valerie and I don't believe that Dante wouldn't first confront Lulu before doing something as impulsive as sleep with another woman.

The problem with what they are doing to Liz is they are making her be unable to relate to things that have happened to her. She knows what it is like to have a lover and a child kidnapped. The very least she should have told Jason who he was when Jake was returned to her, but everyone tighten their lip up more, even Lucky and Laura.

Believe or not, I think Nik has the worse character assassination than Liz. It isn't that he stole ELQ, it is the why he manipulated and used others, like Luke while he was going through a psychotic episode, even though he could have hurt Lulu. And the lack of remorse with Sam. He has always been very fond of Alexis and I think Nik was the first person, and that includes Alexis, that made Sam feel like she was a member of the family when they commiserated over their preference for caramels over chocolate. It was over the top when TIIC had Nik sleep with his brother's fiancee, but plotting murders and hiding identities is a pretty big leap.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

I agree about Dante, in a lot of ways what they are doing is worse because there isn't a single moment prior to Lulu where he didn't act like he wasn't head over heels in love with Lulu

Well, there was the whole Brenda crush, but even then I remember when he was in scenes with Lulu he was still in to her and respectful of her.

• Love 1

Believe or not, I think Nik has the worst character assassination than Liz. It isn't that he stole ELQ, it is the why he manipulated and used others, like Luke while he was going through a psychotic episode, even though he could have hurt Lulu. And the lack of remorse with Sam. He has always been very fond of Alexis and I think Nik was the first person, and that includes Alexis, that made Sam feel like she was a member of the family when they commiserated over their preference for caramels over chocolate. It was over the top when TIIC had Nik sleep with his brother's fiancee, but plotting murders and hiding identities is a pretty big leap.

Everything about Nik in this story is stupid and wrong and nonsensical 

• Love 1

I would have liked a Nik goes dark story, but the beats are so wrong. Nik should have gone dark after Emily died, or after Laura was ill, or after Aiden wasn't his. Not because Britt something something something. And then ELQ. And then Jason. Something Liz. It's just so weird because TC isn't bad in the story. He finally makes sense. Rebecca Budig and TC have great chemistry as well, but RB can have chemistry with cardboard. It's just that it's like half a story.

• Love 6

Everything about Nik in this story is stupid and wrong and nonsensical 

Fixed for truth.

My Unpopular Opinion is that I am glad JT is leaving this show, but for entirely different reasons than his fans.  I long since grew sick and tired of his refusal to make even the slightest effort to put over the scenes he was given to play - which was, you know, his fucking job - and his constant whining about how he wasn't being given more star turns on the show.  (I'll never forget the fan appearance he did that was reported on here where he bitched that he wasn't going to be seen on the show for 10 days or so.  At that point in time Leslie Charleson had been off the show for so many months fans were literally wondering if she hadn't contracted some deadly disease, but JT was whining about how horrible it was that he wasn't going to be seen for ten whole fucking days.  Ass.).  Hooray!  He's Y&R's problem now!

Then there's the entirely undeserved HEA his character is going to get...

• Love 4

I was always Team Robin in the '90s in the triangle with Carly and Jason. The hatred for Robin after she told AJ the truth about Michael was overwhelming, and I never could understand it. Watching clips from back then, I still can't. Maybe it's just where I was reading at that time, but the recent comments on the YouTubes are the same way. She was despised for it. Even a lot of people who say they have come around to liking her in the Scrubs era say they return to hating her when they see the horrible thing she did in the Michael saga. 

Why should she have kept a secret to benefit a woman who was trying to end her relationship and was being a complete bitch to her along the way? How was the secret-keeping even benefiting Jason, in the long term? That was never convincingly explained to me. I get that Sarah Brown was a charismatic actress (and before 2000, Carly even had sympathetic moments), but I saw nothing good and noble about the lie Carly was perpetuating. Just self-serving. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 15

I don't know why Robin was so reviled then, either. I get "shoot the messenger," but the lie was so enormous that it had to come out eventually, and I liked that Robin made it a "fuck you" to Carly before going off to Paris. Served Carly right.

• Love 13

The Davis clan drives me batty. Alexis didn't raise Sam so all of Sam's problems are mostly of her own doing, but Molly and Kristina grate on my nerves so badly and I can't stand them.

They are entitled, spoiled, snobby, selfish, self absorbed, bratty little twerps who are basically all the worst qualities of their fathers and mother blended up together.

The way Kristina behaved today, being Sonny's girl child all the way in not wanting to take any responsibility for her own mess and screw-up/s at school, hiding the truth and then involving her little sister, who barely batted an eye at how her sister was going to such length to deceive their mother. It makes me wish somehow Pip could lay a good smack down on both of them. Heck, someone fetch Cookie Lyon from "Empire" and let her at them.

Alexis raised two wretched children, imo, and I see nothing appealing about either of them. The actresses I find adorable and they clearly have good chemistry with one another, but as for Molly and Kristina? Push them off a parapet already.

• Love 8

I had something else here, which I realize now is in the wrong thread and should have been in the episode thread. I'll replace it with an unpopular opinion.  

I liked the second Gia much more than the first Gia. Much better actress, far less annoying voice. I became interested in Gia for the first time. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1

You know, I was going to try and DVR the Scorpio family stuff ... but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  

Now, if my viewing habits were at all accounted for by the Nielsen people, I would tune in, to sort of show my support.  But they aren't.  I don't trust the writers to even get this half-assed ending of a thankfully-finally-ending story right, because they've shown pretty aggressively that they don't give a shit about these characters or know who they are supposed to be (with the sort-of exception of Robert, who is easy for these fools to write when they just have him come in to play hero for a week every 1.5 years or so).

As it is, I'm not going to sit through scenes of Sonny, Franco, Nina, in hopes of seeing my poor Scorpios try to redeem themselves at the eleventh hour.  I'm not even going to hope for a blip in ratings to reward the hard work of FH / TR / KMc and poor, soon-to-be-escaping JT.   The show runners are just going to attribute a ratings increase to the crappy characters they want to push, anyway.   

So keep on tanking, ratings, keep on tanking!  Maybe I'll track down these scenes online someday, if anyone here posts that they are any good ... 

• Love 4

The Davis clan drives me batty. Alexis didn't raise Sam so all of Sam's problems are mostly of her own doing, but Molly and Kristina grate on my nerves so badly and I can't stand them.

They are entitled, spoiled, snobby, selfish, self absorbed, bratty little twerps who are basically all the worst qualities of their fathers and mother blended up together.

The way Kristina behaved today, being Sonny's girl child all the way in not wanting to take any responsibility for her own mess and screw-up/s at school, hiding the truth and then involving her little sister, who barely batted an eye at how her sister was going to such length to deceive their mother. It makes me wish somehow Pip could lay a good smack down on both of them. Heck, someone fetch Cookie Lyon from "Empire" and let her at them.

Alexis raised two wretched children, imo, and I see nothing appealing about either of them. The actresses I find adorable and they clearly have good chemistry with one another, but as for Molly and Kristina? Push them off a parapet already.

Kristina and Molly should have been aborted. I will not cry if their fathers get them killed.

I miss the way Pruza and Co. wrote for these characters. Not the dumb mob-centric BS or the gross SaSon worship but the depth given to the stories. I miss seeing f*ed soapy situations being grounded in motivations that gave the actors something to chew on.

I can appreciate hijinks and RC's more light-hearted approach but the characters feel neutered and one dimensional and their motivations are either incredibly shallow or non-existent.

That Nina/Madeline nonsense with Ric was garbage. Nik is a murderer for ...reasons. Dante is a pod person. Carly dated f*ing Franco and on and on across the canvas

And this Jasus story? Clusterfuck from start to finish. Jason had neither POV nor personality. Patrick would've been a much stronger choice as protagonist - and if they were going to use Luz instead, she needed more than selfishness and crazy eyes.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

I think Chuck Pratt was only paired with Guza as a HW until about 05-06. Someone may have to correct me on that.

Oh, and he loved Tamara Braun. Which is probably the one thing I agree with him on.

• Love 1

In yesterday's episode (Tues. Dec. 22) Sam hammered in the last nail of her coffin for me.  The stupid bitch prefers the old Jason, the mob murdered/assassin/hitman to the man he is now.  Jason and Liz agreed that his life was too dangerous to have his child acknowledged and in his life.  Then along came weepy, sourpuss Sam again and drops a kid on him. But because it is Sam it's all right for her brat to be in his life. Isn't it about time for Sam's child to be in danger because of Jason? 

What this show needs is a injection of new characters who are not mob related in any way.  Move the hold hitman and his bitches off screen along with the entire Corinthos tribe, including all of Sonny's children and their associated mothers.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 8

What this show needs is a injection of new characters who are not mob related in any way. Move the hold hitman and his bitches off screen along with the entire Corinthos tribe, including all of Sonny's children and their associated mothers.

A fair portion of the audience has been begging for this for years. Instead, we are stuck with the never ending Sonny and Jason saga, and now the addition of the loathsome Jerome family (who also merrily get away with murder).

As an additional UO, I have no issue with Anna's killing of Carlos being retconned out of existence. It never should have happened and only did because (I believe) Ron wanted to make it impossible for Anna to bring pet Julian to justice for the hit on Duke, wanted to bring Anna down to the level of all of Ron's murdering pets, and to drive her to sleep with sleazy Sloane.

In my view the current writers should have gone even further and retconned most of the last few years, but I assume they were afraid to go that far.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

Isn't it about time for Sam's child to be in danger because of Jason?

Danny's in more danger of his cancer reoccurring. The younger you are, the more aggressive cancer is. And yes, he's fine for now, but it doesn't mean it couldn't crop up again later. I suppose he could get kidnapped at some point, but he's already gone through all of that thanks to Heather.

He's a young child, they won't shoot him until he gets SORASed a couple more times.

• Love 3

A fair portion of the audience has been begging for this for years. Instead, we are stuck with the never ending Sonny and Jason saga, and now the addition of the loathsome Jerome family (who also merrily get away with murder).

As an additional UO, I have no issue with Anna's killing of Carlos being retconned out of existence. It never should have happened and only did because (I believe) Ron wanted to make it impossible for Anna to bring pet Julian to justice for the hit on Duke, wanted to bring Anna down to the level of all of Ron's murdering pets, and to drive her to sleep with sleazy Sloane.

In my view the current writers should have gone even further and retconned most of the last few years, but I assume they were afraid to go that far.

I agree about Anna. I was kind of relieved when Carlos turned up alive . She still did it and that didn't change even though he survived, but I am glad it has been softened somewhat. This show bends/bent over backwards to have Sonny, Jason and Carly being justified for all the crap they pulled, why not have a character whose base personality isn't a nasty piece of shit get retconned ever so slightly? Maybe she can get her police commissioner job back. I always thought part of the reason the show had her kill Carlos was so that wouldn't be a possibility and Jourdan (his creation) would get the top job, despite being in town the least amount of time. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

With the return of Jerry Jax, I always hated how they made Mr.Craig Jerry Jax. I don't know if that was the plan all along or if they really liked Sebastian Roché snd instead of recasting the role with him, they made up some convoluted backstory in order to make the Jax family as morally questionable as Sonny. As far as recasts go, talent wise I have seen worse and he and Ingo Rademacher had really good sib chemistry, I just hated the show felt they needed to turn Jerry into the next villain du jour. 

• Love 2

And I really wish Finola, Tristan and Kimberly would have ad libbed to make the scenes not so sucky.

Although it can't be easy to get super enthusiastic about doing the same basic scenes you did two years ago, at a time when you were given a lot more time and better dialogue to do them. And the only reason you have to do a watered down version of it now is because the last head writer went berserk and undid the last rescue story.

This was a rush job to usher JT out the door and to quickly fix a giant mess created by Ron, with no particular care given to making it good, and likely done simply to shut up the fans tearing their hair out over what was done to Robin.

The fact that that Robert / Anna scene got cut and only put on the website shows how little any of their hard work seems to be valued, anyway.

• Love 3

Danny's in more danger of his cancer reoccurring. The younger you are, the more aggressive cancer is. And yes, he's fine for now, but it doesn't mean it couldn't crop up again later. I suppose he could get kidnapped at some point, but he's already gone through all of that thanks to Heather.

He's a young child, they won't shoot him until he gets SORASed a couple more times.

Well it's not like he's a Corinthos.

I was always Team Robin in the '90s in the triangle with Carly and Jason. The hatred for Robin after she told AJ the truth about Michael was overwhelming, and I never could understand it. Watching clips from back then, I still can't. Maybe it's just where I was reading at that time, but the recent comments on the YouTubes are the same way. She was despised for it. Even a lot of people who say they have come around to liking her in the Scrubs era say they return to hating her when they see the horrible thing she did in the Michael saga. 

Why should she have kept a secret to benefit a woman who was trying to end her relationship and was being a complete bitch to her along the way? How was the secret-keeping even benefiting Jason, in the long term? That was never convincingly explained to me. I get that Sarah Brown was a charismatic actress (and before 2000, Carly even had sympathetic moments), but I saw nothing good and noble about the lie Carly was perpetuating. Just self-serving.

That's when I turned off the show. carly was letting the baby cry to get Jason out of bed ,so she could break them up. Robin did this to help Jason not be led around by Carly by the nose. Robin was right, and she should have done it sooner. team Robin here when she wasn't kissing Sonnys arse.

• Love 3

I am so sick of Elizabeth pretending to be a good girl and skating with fans on being a Hardy and somehow a "legacy character."

Elizabeth hasn't been truly rootable since she had Greg Vaughan's Lucky and then screwed him over for a serial killer. And now the Lucky character has been destroyed to justify an actress's job, despite the fact that the actress's character is now just as bad as the acknowledged criminals on this sucky show.

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 1

That's when I turned off the show. carly was letting the baby cry to get Jason out of bed ,so she could break them up. Robin did this to help Jason not be led around by Carly by the nose. Robin was right, and she should have done it sooner. team Robin here when she wasn't kissing Sonnys arse.

The perspective of Carly and Jason in that story was ridiculous.   The idea that they had any moral high ground over Robin or AJ whatsoever was just....huh?   

Jason and Carly lied about Michael's paternity.  Robin (stupidly and tacitly) agreed not to spill the beans.  Carly acted like a bitch on wheels to Robin.  Jason acted like a spineless mook while Carly acted like a bitch on wheels to Robin.  Carly demonstrated that she was selfish and using Jason.  Robin reacted and stopped being complicit in the big lie.   

Carly showed her true colors once again when she later ran to the Quartermaines -- lying and saying that Jason was scary and violent, had convinced her to lie about the paternity, and accused Jason of trying to kidnap Micheal.   She nearly got him thrown in jail.  Then she married AJ, still begrudged Jason a relationship with Liz and made trouble for them, and then slept with Jason's friend Sonny.    

I lost all hope for Jason as a sentient being when he remained friends with her after all of that ... while still remaining angry at Robin for a long time.  Complete moron.

• Love 11

I don't know how unpopular this is, and it may be about half and half, but Greg Vaughan never worked for me in the slightest. Such a weak actor. Some people would say, "Well, he has decency about him." Number one, I wouldn't have said that some boy-scout quality was ever Lucky's defining characteristic (even though he could be gallant); number two, I really just saw blandness and diffidence, and I do blame him in part for what the character ended up becoming. On a show that runs for years, what you project as an actor shapes the writing of the character like water eroding a rock. If a character is hard as nails and they recast with someone who has a gift for comedy, the character will develop more of a sense of humor and be given funnier things to do. We've all seen it on soaps.  

I would curse the day if it were announced that Vaughan was coming back. As far as I am concerned, they were 0 for 2 in replacing Jonathan Jackson in this role, because Young was intolerable in a different way. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
Robin reacted and stopped being complicit in the big lie.

And somehow became the biggest OMG TEH EVUL who ever evulled. Because telling the truth is always worse than lying about a child's paternity.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

And somehow became the biggest OMG TEH EVUL who ever evulled. Because telling the truth is always worse than lying about a child's paternity.

I've never understood the vitriol towards Robin for telling AJ he had a son.  Are all those people telling me that, if they knew a friend of theirs had a child, but the mother was lying about who the father was, they'd just sit on their hands and say "nope, not my secret to tell," and let their friend continue to miss out on being a part of their child's life?  Harsh.  

• Love 9

Another Jason opinion: I have never understood why I'm supposed to see him as this studly heroic man. Most of his stories are about him being manipulated by someone or him playing side kick for Sonny.

Oh, he's written as being smarter and more stable than Carly and Sonny, but he still ate their scraps and cleaned up their messes for years. He ended up with Sam precisely because Sonny needed to park her somewhere after the Sonny / Sam affair. They did fall in love for real after that, but it's so typical of Jason: "here, have a baby," "here, have my ex" .... "Duuuhhh, ok."

And this Jason back from the dead story - the guy has been a passive little puppet the entire time, making little effort to discover his true identity. It's hard to care what happens to this guy when he can barely be arsed to direct his own life.

• Love 9

I've despised Kristina since she was SORAS'd, and I cannot really stand any of the Davis women. Sam I can tolerate if she isn't giving Jason a tongue bath, unfortunately, I think we're going back in that direction for her.

But my Krustina hate is the most blazing hot. Useless character. USELESS. And I'll be nice and just say the actress lacks anything that makes me want to watch her.

• Love 1

I actually liked "Larry"/Greg Vaughn over Jonathan Jackson - at least the adult version.  and I LOVED Jonathan Jackson's version of Lucky, but as an adult Greg Vaughn won me over.

Edited by runjennay

I don't think Jason is the devil incarnate. Yes he is over praised. There is way too much ass kissing when it comes to him. Yes he is a killer but so what. Kill is what hit men do, and in this case, usually those killed are people who are in some unsavory business like the mob which is Jason's business. Of course it's not right, but live by the sword die by the sword.

I've never understood the vitriol towards Robin for telling AJ he had a son.  Are all those people telling me that, if they knew a friend of theirs had a child, but the mother was lying about who the father was, they'd just sit on their hands and say "nope, not my secret to tell," and let their friend continue to miss out on being a part of their child's life?  Harsh.

Why couldn't Michael yell at Carly, upon learning she hid AJ's murder, "What- it wasn't your secret to tell?!"

Missed opportunity.

• Love 4

Stone>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jason AND Patrick.

From what I can tell, Robin hasn't a guy truly committed to her since she was a teenager. I've only seen clips/read about each of these stories, not watched them in real time (minus some Scrubs stuff), but as far as I can tell, Robin's true love has been dead for 20 years.

Or, at the very least, Patrick and Stone tie for her true love.

Edited by UYI