Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

It must be hard for her to find clothes that fit her broad shoulders, tiny hips and long arms.

She actually looks healthier here (softer) than she did during filming. Maybe she realized she was over-training or engaging in unhealthy behaviors and changed things. If that's the case, good for her.

• Love 1

Meghan finally did something I liked with her reaction to Shannon's sex party appearance.  Calling Shannon a whore was funny and almost a compliment in that environment.

For someone who spends an extraordinary amount of time trying to get a reaction out of Shannon-Meghan is beginning to lose the war.  I can't imagine ever engaging with someone who calls be "judgy eyes", it is always going for the cheap shot and stepping back and claiming she has been attacked and absolutely not apologizing.

• Love 2

Wow, I owe Jim an apology, bravo on its preview made it look like he was attacking Vicki, my bad! I can't believe someone (Meghan) has to be told to mind her own business more than once. Meghan is to stupid to be evil, she is just a famewhore.

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 3
I can't believe someone (Meghan) has to be told to mind her own more than once.

I know.  If someone told me ONE time that I was overstepping my bounds and that I needed to mind my own business, then I would apologize.  End of story, and move on,  Meghan just has to keep trying to win her argument.  Jim was right.  Bottom line, Brooks' health is none of Meghan's business.   I don't care if I know all there is to know about my friend's cancer, I'm not a doctor so I'm not going to tell others what their cancer treatment should look like.  Everybody is different.  My stepfather was constantly at the doctor, having his medications changed, etc. because different pills had different effects.  Meghan is not being supportive.  She's being a pain in the ass and adding to Vicki's stress.  Note to Meghan:  Next time someone reveals cancer, just give a hug and offer kind wishes.  Just because you sold medical supplies, and your husband's 1st ex-wife had cancer doesn't make you an oncologist. 

I blame all of this on Tamra anyway.  She's the one who even brought up Brooks to the psychic in the first place, that no good, pot-stirring bitch. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 12

She said she's not writing a blog because; "RHOC spoke for itself and Vicki buried herself in her blog, so not worth it."

I agree, RHOC did speak for itself, but it was Meghan who buried herself...Lmao!

• Love 7

This really bugs me. Mehgan is definitely overstepping her boundaries if this is true. I know in this day and age, no one thinks anything of snapping a photo and sharing. But, come on is it too much to ask to show some discretion when the children aren't yours? When I did social media for the Family Housing Industry, we were always required to get a signed release to post photos of children and that was even if the photos were taken and submitted by their parents. 

Mehgan feeling like she should have the right to simply post photos of children that aren't hers smacks of all kinds of entitlement. 

• Love 6

All I can think of is today about the Edmonds is bratty Hayley turns 18 and unless other provisions are made, she is able to inherit from her mother's estate.  Can't imagine that one with an inheritance.

I'm assuming that a trust of some kind (pour-over trust, maybe?) was set up (if the family attorney has half a brain).

Edited by gimipizzauoldtroll

This really bugs me. Mehgan is definitely overstepping her boundaries if this is true. I know in this day and age, no one thinks anything of snapping a photo and sharing. But, come on is it too much to ask to show some discretion when the children aren't yours? When I did social media for the Family Housing Industry, we were always required to get a signed release to post photos of children and that was even if the photos were taken and submitted by their parents. 

Mehgan feeling like she should have the right to simply post photos of children that aren't hers smacks of all kinds of entitlement. 

She posted one today of Hayley today calling her "my baby".  Haley is officially an adult so it isn't as bad.  I noticed Meghan laid out clothes she bought for the minor children and photographed and posted them with something ridiculous such as -they grow so fast.

I'm assuming that a trust of some kind (pour-over trust, maybe?) was set up (if the family attorney has half a brain).

I am hoping the maternal grandparents are overseeing it and hopefully not Meghan.

Meh-gan will get hers when HER kids are being "raised" by wife #4 (5, 6?) Let's see how she feels when she sees her kids being smothered by another woman on social media. What an asshole.

Also, if there is one thing I can't stand is people who feign ignorance. You don't know who Heather Lochlear is, ass? Oh that right! It's because you're so very young! Practically a zygote! And you're younger than the house you have absolutely no intention of buying???? What a pip! What is this dummy going to do when she turns 40?

• Love 7

I'm probably on my own here but I have a soft spot for Ramona. She was my favorite season 1 and RHNY was my first RH franchise.

Oh, I'm sure you're not alone, but me?  I wouldn't wanna drive a cab for her or be interviewed for a job by her or walk on the Brooklyn Bridge with her.  And I bet Jillzy's step-daughter isn't exactly thrilled with Moaner that she called her deformed.  Anyhoo, like her or hate her, i'd much rather watch Moaner than Meghan.  Meghan's bobbing ET head in her TH's is giving me the serious icks.

• Love 5

I can't stand Meghan (or Jim for that matter, what a non-dad).

What gives Meghan the right to call herself a mother or even step-mother of an 17/18 year old after 4 or 5 months of marriage? And we never see the other children. Which is a very good thing.

My parents divorced when I was in my 30's and my "stepmother" would always introduce me as "Bill's" daughter.

It is not at all like she was caring for younger children when Jim had custody or even now.

Again....they have been married at the time this was filmed for 4 or 5 months and the kids had 2 mothers....well, now one.

All this mother/stepmother crap drives me nuts.

And yes....I was one once and they were 4/5 and then 5/6 and my husband (at the time) had full custody. And his ex-wife and I had even become friends.

But that is far different than Meghan pretending to being a "mother/stepmother" when LeAnne was living.

And Jim seems not to be there for his 2 daughters from his first wife. Instead he seems to ignore both of them. No idea about the younger ones.

So Haley could drop out of high school to drive Leanne to the doctor - which her husband or Meghan was not able to? And Meghan could re-do an assignment for Haley when she was kinda in school part-time? (rant over)

• Love 7

And Jim seems not to be there for his 2 daughters from his first wife. Instead he seems to ignore both of them. No idea about the younger ones.

Unless I've missed something, we don't know this. It may be a simple case of their mother refusing to allow them to be shown on this tacky reality show. If that's the case, Kadooz to mom.

• Love 4

So now it is news that brat Hayley is taking to twitter to call Vicki names.  As far as I know Vicki had never met the brat.  Her not attending school or working was brought to Vicki's attention by Meghan.  It is not as if anyone asked about the kid.  I think the really crappy comment was Meghan saying she could not undo "17 years of poor parenting".  That is the slam not suggesting the kid get a job and go to school.  http://www.allabouttrh.com/meghan-king-edmonds-stepdaughter-calls-vicki-gunvalson-a-dumb-bch/

• Love 3

I (almost) felt a little sympathy for Meghan, she always seems confused, even when she is being a bitch which is 90 percent of the time. She doesn't appear to have any sense of "self" She is defined by being Jim Edmonds wife, being a "stepmom" and for whatever reason, LeAnn's cancer. Who is Megan without them? All she seems to know about herself is she's 30! Also, on the damn stepmom topic again, you are not crowned "stepmom" upon saying your vows. My "stepson" and I still refer to each other as step friends, he has a mom and doesn't need another one (he's 25 now) but I married his dad when he was 12. Ugh, the "I can't correct 17 years of bad parenting" comment! For one thing, a 17 year old HAS already been raised, and Jim should have left her at the table for saying that. Okay, rant over. Grr...

• Love 9

Meh-gan will get hers when HER kids are being "raised" by wife #4 (5, 6?) Let's see how she feels when she sees her kids being smothered by another woman on social media. What an asshole.

Also, if there is one thing I can't stand is people who feign ignorance. You don't know who Heather Lochlear is, ass? Oh that right! It's because you're so very young! Practically a zygote! And you're younger than the house you have absolutely no intention of buying???? What a pip! What is this dummy going to do when she turns 40?

Oooooh, I know who Heather Locklear is and Meghan has 6 years on me! She is an ass!

• Love 5

I (almost) felt a little sympathy for Meghan, she always seems confused, even when she is being a bitch which is 90 percent of the time. She doesn't appear to have any sense of "self" She is defined by being Jim Edmonds wife, being a "stepmom" and for whatever reason, LeAnn's cancer. Who is Megan without them? All she seems to know about herself is she's 30! Also, on the damn stepmom topic again, you are not crowned "stepmom" upon saying your vows. My "stepson" and I still refer to each other as step friends, he has a mom and doesn't need another one (he's 25 now) but I married his dad when he was 12. Ugh, the "I can't correct 17 years of bad parenting" comment! For one thing, a 17 year old HAS already been raised, and Jim should have left her at the table for saying that. Okay, rant over. Grr...

I agree, I do think she gets her sense of self from those she surrounds herself with (her bro and her husband especially). The problem is, what meaning does being "Jim Edmonds' wife" have when no one knows or cares about who Jim Edmonds is? That might work in St. Louis, but I can't imagine that the rest of the country cares all that much.

Edited by gimipizzauoldtroll
  • Love 6

I agree, I do think she gets her sense of self from those she surrounds herself with (her bro and her husband especially). The problem is, what meaning does being "Jim Edmonds' wife" have when no one knows or cares about who Jim Edmonds is? That might work in St. Louis, but I can't imagine that the rest of the country cares all that much.

I'd personally rather keep my decent job of selling medical supplies or being a drug rep over marrying an ex baseball player any day. Especially one that doesn't respect me. St. Louis is my hometown and I have several well educated friends who can't find a full-time job in that city. Bad economy. So I sort of resent Meghan for that.

• Love 5

I said this in the episode thread, but I think it applies here too. Meghan set the tone early in their relationship-she let Jim speak to her straight even if it wasn't pleasant. I'm sure that was the appeal of Meghan, he didn't have to pussyfoot around her. Now she is living with a marriage where she is spoken to roughly. She explains it away as "that's Jim's way of standing up for me."  Meghan's unpleasant,yes, but she has also made a deal with the devil.

Unfortunately there are still a lot of women who would do anything to be with a famous man, even a retired athlete. It's often at the expense of niceties, as these reality shows spotlight. But still these ladies line up.

• Love 1

I said this in the episode thread, but I think it applies here too. Meghan set the tone early in their relationship-she let Jim speak to her straight even if it wasn't pleasant. I'm sure that was the appeal of Meghan, he didn't have to pussyfoot around her. Now she is living with a marriage where she is spoken to roughly. She explains it away as "that's Jim's way of standing up for me." Meghan's unpleasant,yes, but she has also made a deal with the devil.

Unfortunately there are still a lot of women who would do anything to be with a famous man, even a retired athlete. It's often at the expense of niceties, as these reality shows spotlight. But still these ladies line up.

I agree with you on this. There's no doubt being with a famous, wealthy man is attractive to many young women. Meghan was probably 28 when she started dating Jim. I know I wasn't the most mature person at 28 or even 30. Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 2

I think they should have brought Jeana Keogh back after the other baseball wife fell through.  Meghan might be able to get an idea of how little it means to the rest of the world  about being married to a retired baseball player.  I also think Jeana could have calmed her down instead of Tamra proclaiming that a misbehaving Meghan is a mini-me of Tamra.  Meghan got married at 22 and divorced at 26, she was married to an attorney and should have had some awareness of manners and social awareness.  She rubbed me the wrong way when she was doing the charity benefit and she made it her coming out party and meet the terminally ill ex-wife.  I think the entire cast should have ignored the fact she was 30 years old.  it makes them all look ridiculous, including Meghan. 

I'd personally rather keep my decent job of selling medical supplies or being a drug rep over marrying an ex baseball player any day. Especially one that doesn't respect me. St. Louis is my hometown and I have several well educated friends who can't find a full-time job in that city. Bad economy. So I sort of resent Meghan for that.

I think she was a fool to give up her job and she did say she was based out of Dallas and that is why she gave it up.  She and Jim could not bear to be apart (plus he needed a babysitter for Hayley).    I bet if one were to check Meghan's resume her career selling software was probably less than year.

• Love 5

I think they should have brought Jeana Keogh back after the other baseball wife fell through.  Meghan might be able to get an idea of how little it means to the rest of the world  about being married to a retired baseball player.  I also think Jeana could have calmed her down instead of Tamra proclaiming that a misbehaving Meghan is a mini-me of Tamra.  Meghan got married at 22 and divorced at 26, she was married to an attorney and should have had some awareness of manners and social awareness.  She rubbed me the wrong way when she was doing the charity benefit and she made it her coming out party and meet the terminally ill ex-wife.  I think the entire cast should have ignored the fact she was 30 years old.  it makes them all look ridiculous, including Meghan. 

I think she was a fool to give up her job and she did say she was based out of Dallas and that is why she gave it up.  She and Jim could not bear to be apart (plus he needed a babysitter for Hayley).    I bet if one were to check Meghan's resume her career selling software was probably less than year.

Never is anything truer than the fact that Jeana would have been a GOLDMINE this season! Even taking into consideration that one couple bailed mid-season and had to be edited out, THIS, this! is what the season could have used. No more of the Tamra scandalous  parties or Heather Dubrow highbrow parties. This would have been different, interesting, amazing.

• Love 1

Kara was smug, but she was a teen at the time she appeared and even then she had some great one liners. I don't know if she's be more tolerable or less, but then I think, how could she be worse than any other newbie they've brought in?

• Love 2

Megan was completely insufferable throughout this last episode. That smug little smirk that she gave when she called Vicky an old lady seriously made me feel violent. I really don't understand why she's on the show. Her husband wants nothing to do with her, and while my husband has an insanely low bullshit tolerance, if someone was calling me evil or not nice or an asshole he would tear them a new one. Jim was being way too cool while his wife was getting a new one. I feel like what happened with the whole "BROOKS DOESN'T HAVE CANCER-gate" was that Megan told Jim about what the psychic said, he told her to lay off, and she didn't. He probably feels like Vicky's actions are pretty well deserved. And I think that having your husband come into a girl fight is just bullshit.

Edited by Bugfrey Von
  • Love 8

Wait a minute!

We can't call Meghan a giraffe?

That sucks.

Well Meghan is known to roller blade...in between being a crusader for justice and the American way...looks like she's zeroed in on a con-artist. She looks like a giraffe, acts like a giraffe...must be a giraffe, lol!

gif-giraffe-skate-1181042.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 9

Is Megan going to claim her mother didn't have a cancer scare because she didn't get tested for the breast cancer gene? This bitch..... Jimmy wanted to roll out of that driver's seat during that conversation. There is nothing redeeming about her. Even when she is trying to deseminate good, useful information, she comes off as an insufferable know it all. Your mom got the double mastectomy surgery 10 years before Angelina? Well holy shit, alright. Shut the fuck up.

• Love 4

This may come as a surprise to all of you but I don't dislike Meghan.  I do think she needs to learn to the art of a softer approach but I don't think she's a bad person.  I do love that she's not afraid to confront Vicki.  That's probably my favorite thing about her right now.  A lot of the criticism of Meghan is about her too frequently expressed views on cancer and I thought it was odd too.  I've changed my mind about that (a little) now that I know that cancer runs in her family.

I've also noticed that they (Bravo production) seem to have either coached or done a better job of editing Jim's scenes in the past few episodes.  He's earned a few brownie points in my book recently. 

ETA:  I'm one of those people who believes that a lot of we see on these shows is based on the direction the Bravo production team has decided long before they start filming.  How the individual cast members react to it is probably the only "real" part of the show.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

This may come as a surprise to all of you but I don't dislike Meghan.  I do think she needs to learn to the art of a softer approach but I don't think she's a bad person.  I do love that she's not afraid to confront Vicki.  That's probably my favorite thing about her right now.  A lot of the criticism of Meghan is about her too frequently expressed views on cancer and I thought it was odd too.  I've changed my mind about that (a little) now that I know that cancer runs in her family.

I've also noticed that they (Bravo production) seem to have either coached or done a better job of editing Jim's scenes in the past few episodes.  He's earned a few brownie points in my book recently. 

ETA:  I'm one of those people who believes that a lot of we see on these shows is based on the direction the Bravo production team has decided long before they start filming.  How the individual cast members react to it is probably the only "real" part of the show.

Cancer and health care in general is a little like religion-people have differing views and concern can quickly turn into condemnation or nagging.  The difference with Meghan and Jim has pointed it out, is she feels there is only her way and her lay person research.  When Meghan decides she dislikes someone she targets them-first it was deciding Shannon was crazy, had to prove herself, had judgy eyes, was a shit stirrer.  As soon as Shannon extended a courtesy-making a phone call on behalf of Leann, Meghan decided momentarily to forgive her and then misstate  Shannon words to go after Vicki.  To me, she has taken it too far calling doctors that may or may not treat Brooks and calling someone who claims to have dated him-she has met the man twice.  Her family or Jim's ex-wife does not give her the right to publicly ridicule and attack the methods a cancer patient may choose, bawl out significant others of the patient, or go on a very public platform and repeatedly call him a fake because she feels as if random stories negate his assertion he has NHL..  Vicki and Brooks did not ask her for her help.  Even after Shannon volunteered she had to face the realization not everyone wants your help or the advice of your experts.

If Meghan feels so strongly about cancer perhaps she needs to return to college and get a degree that would facilitate her in prescribing treatment.  I think Meghan will soon learn that ethical doctors don't belch out their opinions on a patient they are not treating.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8

More on this Meghan and the only way-recently I was reading a story about Farrah Fawcett (RIP) and was made aware that Farrah declined a surgery for her anal cancer that had an excellent rate of success,  The surgery would involve a colostomy and the use of a colostomy bag.  She elected instead to undergo very experimental unsuccessful procedures in Germany.  It made me wonder if perhaps LeAnn had turned down some aggressive form of treatment and that is why Meghan is so bossy about this subject.

Cancer and health care in general is a little like religion-people have differing views and concern can quickly turn into condemnation or nagging......

........ To me, she has taken it too far ..........[snipped to save space]

I agree that people can get emotional on the topic of cancer.

The difference in my view and yours is that you blame Meghan for interfering and I believe Meghan was assigned the role of shit-stirrer on the topic of Brooks' cancer by production after they forced Vicki to agree to it and she talked Brooks into going along with it. The real shit-stirrer in this scenario is Bravo and Meghan is just doing her "job."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

That makes Meghan look worse that she would take a job that required her to stir up Brooks' cancer.  Who would take such a job-certainly not the wife of a retired wealthy baseball player.  I think it is a given Tamra does it for money but not Meghan-or I hope not.

So they just replayed the luncheon, throw out the Meghan bawling stuff but I don't think the others were listening when Vicki relayed that Brooks said the chemo was tough on Brooks.  Vicki and Brooks then relayed they were wanting to up it to everyday to blast the cancer.  These shows are famous for leaving big chunks of the facts out and it might very well be something as simple as Brooks did not like the risks associated with everyday chemo or that the physicians had said he wasn't healthy enough for it and he didn't want to share that with the world.  It seems odd to go from a six week cycle to everyday.  People do forego chemo and survive cancer and people undergo rigorous chemotherapy and die of a heart attack or from the effects of the rigorous chemotherapy. 

• Love 3

The difference in my view and yours is that you blame Meghan for interfering and I believe Meghan was assigned the role of shit-stirrer on the topic of Brooks' cancer by production after they forced Vicki to agree to it and she talked Brooks into going along with it. The real shit-stirrer in this scenario is Bravo and Meghan is just doing her "job."

In that case, Meghan is stupider than I thought.

• Love 4

I doubt Meghan or any other HW knows the direction Bravo will decide to go in for the upcoming season when they sign their contracts.

Part of what is great about Bravo reality shows is commenting on them and joining in putting together the puzzle of these shows. Which things are done intentionally by a cast member or when a few cast members get together to play off an agenda, scenes that are fake or contrived and scenes that are organic the "Bravo editing" etc. They each are basically who they are on the show. If you're nice you won't last long, if you turn up the bitch a bit you might stay unless you're Aviva and go overboard. The producers may encourage them to bring up something on camera that they were pissed about off camera or remind them of something someone said. They each have their own producers texting them things. However, you can't make them do or say anything they don't want to. These are things I learned from housewives books, podcasts etc. What I still love is speculating on what I don't know about! People hate Meghan mostly for the "supercool stepmom" hero bullshit, making LeAnn's cancer all about Meghan and generally being an unlikable asshole. She didn't fake those things. The emotional damage she did to Hayley is real. We won't find out later Meghan is actually a reasonable and nice person. I'm 100 percent sure about that!

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 8

Well Meghan is known to roller blade...in between being a crusader for justice and the American way...looks like she's zeroed in on a con-artist. She looks like a giraffe, acts like a giraffe...must be a giraffe, lol!

gif-giraffe-skate-1181042.gif

Nothing in particular to say just love this.   How Meghan Snagged Jim

http://www.allabouttrh.com/meghan-king-edmonds-investigates-brooks-ayers-past/  This is a little on the sad side.

Comments have been made about Jim and defending Meghan.  Throughout the season I think so much of what Meghan has done is to try and show Jim why they should have a child together.  I just get the impression he is not being worn down in spite of her whining, genetic testing, babysitting his children.  Almost as if -if you let me have a baby Jimmy, I will stop stalking Vicki and Brooks.  Jim can't possibly sign off on Meghan's behavior.  I know he thinks he could just lay all his ex-wife's cancer files open but deep down he would not succumb to Meghan's pressure.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Almost as if -if you let me have a baby Jimmy, I will stop stalking Vicki and Brooks.

You may be right, who knows? I don't know these people and this is am at least semi scripted 'reality' show we're talking about. There's a reason why these people are referred to as a cast, as opposed to being referred to as just people on a show or whatever.

Having said that, from what we've seen--and take with a large dose of salt--it could also be that this marriage seems to have passed it's half life and a child would guarantee Meghan an income for the next 18 years or more if college was part of a settlement. And yes, I tend to be a cynic.

• Love 3

LOL, she is such a twit! Why is Shannon in this category? She is a second season vet now, NOT a newbie/rookie! LOL

I think it is because they don't have the wards every year so they consider both Shannon and Kristen rookies.