Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

How will they explain Adam's new face?  Another round of plastic surgery?  I hope his nose doesn't fall off like MJ's.

I'm sorry, who is MJ?

NVM I got it.

I hope they just go with a VO saying "the role of Adam Newman is now being played by Mark Grossman" and leave it at that.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 10
On 4/7/2019 at 1:33 PM, Aaron Newton said:

That's why I really think that if at some point in time another death scenario comes up, that will be the end of Adam, no doubt about it.

We all believed that the last time Adam was killed off too 😉

I'm just over it. If and when they write Adam out again (which they will, because this role is cursed, apparently) I prefer they just keep the damn door open for his return. It's obvious that the powers that be will not let him rest so they might as well not bother. Even B&B took the hint and stopped killing off Taylor. 

Also, I heard CK is leaving for good? I thought her jail story was supposed to be an exit story but then Mal got fired and she got a reprieve? I'm no fan of Lily, but it's sad to see Dru and Neil's only daughter leaving the show regardless.

It's such a shame Canestipation is apparently staying put and not leaving with her. What purpose does he serve anymore? Jill's not there, his extremely SORASed children are grown and Billy has many other enemies to piss on between Jack, Nick, Victor and now Adam returning so he can dip into the Shick well of using child death to get a pass for being an asshole. He's not the hot stud anymore, not that he ever was. There is no use for him, period. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
46 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

We all believed that the last time Adam was killed off too 😉

I'm just over it. If and when they write Adam out again (which they will, because this role is cursed, apparently) I prefer they just keep the damn door open for his return. It's obvious that the powers that be will not let him rest so they might as well not bother. Even B&B took the hint and stopped killing off Taylor. 

Also, I heard CK is leaving for good? I thought her jail story was supposed to be an exit story but then Mal got fired and she got a reprieve? I'm no fan of Lily, but it's sad to see Dru and Neil's only daughter leaving the show regardless.

It's such a shame Canestipation is apparently staying put and not leaving with her. What purpose does he serve anymore? Jill's not there, his extremely SORASed children are grown and Billy has many other enemies to piss on between Jack, Nick, Victor and now Adam returning so he can dip into the Shick well of using child death to get a pass for being an asshole. He's not the hot stud anymore, not that he ever was. There is no use for him, period. 

I agree with Adam

Pratt had the perfect way for him to leave on a plane somewhere far away. But no he had to be blown up and presumed dead again in a 2 year time span

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, taavir40 said:

I agree with Adam

Pratt had the perfect way for him to leave on a plane somewhere far away. But no he had to be blown up and presumed dead again in a 2 year time span

Who changed the plans regarding Adam's departure from 2016?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

Christel wanted out to spend more time with her Canadian businessman boyfriend, so Mal sent Lily to jail. She was let out just in time for KSJ's tribute. 

Wow, I had no idea Christel is only 31.  This explains why she looks beautiful and young.  Why was she ever paired with son of the crypt keeper?  Crazy.  How does Lily have college age kids?🙃

Her boyfriend sounds somewhat sketch in spite of degrees and credentials.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, bannana said:

Why was she ever paired with son of the crypt keeper?  

Cane looks more like the crypt keeper than his father.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Cane looks more like the crypt keeper than his father.

Oh, ha ha, that is good.  I definitely wasn't thinking of Robert Scorpio as the Crypt Keeper.  I was thinking of the actual Crypt Keeper.  But that is a good catch and you are so right.

• Love 5
On 4/28/2019 at 5:28 PM, taavir40 said:

Mark as Adam 

D5RNBF-XsAIFlgH.jpeg.jpg

This is the new Adam?  Nice looking young man....emphasis on young.

As far as I'm concerned, not what I would consider Adam to look like at this point, in terms of age, in whatever reincarnation they're doing with the character.  This Adam almost married Sharon?  This Adam has a kid?  This Adam kidnapped children, ran them over in a SUV, terrorized Ashley?  This Adam graduated from Harvard and is a whiz at business?  This is the Adam that was great at scheming against his dad?   No.....this Adam looks like a mere babe in the woods!

Or am I just old??  LOL!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I agree. The Adam we all remember would be older, more worldly, more worn from life than this cute kid. Sharon and Nick have kids in their 30’s. That makes them in their late 40’s or edging onto their 50’s. So how old would Adam be? If the writers think we’ll buy a 20 something looking Adam, that’s more of an insult than all of the other insults they’ve visited on us in the past. Kiss my ass on that, Y&R.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

This is the new Adam?  Nice looking young man....emphasis on young.

As far as I'm concerned, not what I would consider Adam to look like at this point, in terms of age, in whatever reincarnation they're doing with the character.  This Adam almost married Sharon?  This Adam has a kid?  This Adam kidnapped children, ran them over in a SUV, terrorized Ashley?  This Adam graduated from Harvard and is a whiz at business?  This is the Adam that was great at scheming against his dad?   No.....this Adam looks like a mere babe in the woods!

Or am I just old??  LOL!

5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I agree. The Adam we all remember would be older, more worldly, more worn from life than this cute kid. Sharon and Nick have kids in their 30’s. That makes them in their late 40’s or edging onto their 50’s. So how old would Adam be? If the writers think we’ll buy a 20 something looking Adam, that’s more of an insult than all of the other insults they’ve visited on us in the past. Kiss my ass on that, Y&R.

I'm thinking the same but just try to look past it, it's called suspension of disbelief. If you look at them, none of these so called SORASd characters make any sense (or in Adam's case reverse SORASd, anti-SORASd.. idk, whatever, you get the idea).

4 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Apperently Adam dlesnt remember the past 5 years and thinks Sharon's the love of his life

With no Chels in the picture, it would make sense to resurrect Shadam, I guess...

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

I'm thinking the same but just try to look past it, it's called suspension of disbelief. If you look at them, none of these so called SORASd characters make any sense (or in Adam's case reverse SORASd, anti-SORASd.. idk, whatever, you get the idea).

With no Chels in the picture, it would make sense to resurrect Shadam, I guess...

and 5 years. that puts adams mindset in 2012 hmmm

The new Adam?!?!?!? Ummmm Kay.

I do think the Adam/Sharon pairing was one of the more gripping sagas in the last 10 years.  And one of the most fascinating (if macabre) for the Sharon Collins character.  Adam brought some terrible things out of Sharon (a potential for callousness and duplicity) but he also brought some good things out, a certain resilience and bite (during that period she wasn't always a take it on the chin type and quite a few times, would give as good as she got).

I do think the Adam character took a nose dive when they went with Chadam.  I don't know if it was anti-chemistry or if they were just to tepid after the roller coaster he was on with Sharon but it just didn't click for me.

• Love 5

I loathed Shadam because it was silly and done at the expense of the Sharon character. No sane woman would find the man who watched her grieve for her baby (that he stole and gave away) hot.

I think this amnesia and Shadam tease is just an angle to bring Adam back while explaining Chelsea’s absence or rather explaining Adam not looking for Connor.

It buys show time to cast Chelsea if need be. Two newbies right away would be a bad idea. Establish newest Adam first, then maybe cast Chelsea.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, miamama said:

I loathed Shadam because it was silly and done at the expense of the Sharon character. No sane woman would find the man who watched her grieve for her baby (that he stole and gave away) hot.

yep, this is exactly how i feel too...

the sharon character never truly recovered from the hit she took with being coupled with adam...it revolted me for exactly the same reason you gave.

also, i never believed that the adam character truly loved sharon, he just used her to get back at nick..i won't forget when he told nick that "he was going to take away everything he loved"...that's when he set his sites on sharon and started his big lie.

plus, now that the nuadam will be so much younger than the last 2 portrayers i just can't see sharon with him..

just like with ms coming back as phyl i can't see her coupled with billy either as she is so much older than the last phyl portrayer.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, miamama said:

I think this amnesia and Shadam tease is just an angle to bring Adam back while explaining Chelsea’s absence or rather explaining Adam not looking for Connor.

It buys show time to cast Chelsea if need be. Two newbies right away would be a bad idea. Establish newest Adam first, then maybe cast Chelsea.

Agree and double agree.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, DorianGray said:

Chelsea is returning?  "to reprise her fan-favorite role"--really??  If they return to Chelsea and Adam together, she'll look like nuAdam's mom.

Shes only 7 years older 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, miamama said:

Exactly what I said.

2 hours ago, taavir40 said:

MCE and Mark Grossman.. This has to be the creepiest couple in the show's history.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

so, will chelz be the "queen of las vegas" that's been mentioned?

LOL  is she taking old showgirls costumes and making them trendy?

Ah, Erica Kane for the 21st century!

I can't wait till we see Wayne Newton in a Chelsea 2.0!  Though I suspect it's already happened, numerous times, behind closed doors......

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, boes said:

Ah, Erica Kane for the 21st century!

I can't wait till we see Wayne Newton in a Chelsea 2.0!  Though I suspect it's already happened, numerous times, behind closed doors......

Ah, I'm sure Wayne's still pickier than that, boes! Anyone who can rock some Bob Mackie is not going to struggle into Costco 2.0. Even behind closed doors.

Now that I've fed and walked the UOs, and calmed down from all this excitement, I'm wondering about a 2 for 1 trade. Adam and Chelsea for Gloria.

I'll be at my usual place at the Dorothy Parker Piano Lounge. Having a Sloe Gin Fizz in honour of Wayne.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Ah, I'm sure Wayne's still pickier than that, boes! Anyone who can rock some Bob Mackie is not going to struggle into Costco 2.0. Even behind closed doors.

Now that I've fed and walked the UOs, and calmed down from all this excitement, I'm wondering about a 2 for 1 trade. Adam and Chelsea for Gloria.

I'll be at my usual place at the Dorothy Parker Piano Lounge. Having a Sloe Gin Fizz in honour of Wayne.

Even though I don't mind Adam, I can't stand Chelzzz so can I come if I wear my Robert Benchly mustache?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Even though I don't mind Adam, I can't stand Chelzzz so can I come if I wear my Robert Benchly mustache?

Of course, my dear! Just don't blow out my Jesus-in-a-jar vigil candle for Gloria.

You can have Adam, 'cause I'm all aquiver at Stephen Nichols' return to DOOL.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Of course, my dear! Just don't blow out my Jesus-in-a-jar vigil candle for Gloria.

Oh no! I would never do that, she was what got me back into watching Show after I hadn't since my grandma died. It was during the days when Jack and Sharon were married and they were trying to gas light Glo into getting out of John's house. They hired a drunken English actor (played by Jerry Douglas) to impersonate ghost John. It was hilarious.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Wdym 😭😂

I was really hoping they'd recast Chelsea as well since they suddenly decided to make Adam a kindergartener. Or just leave her out for good (maybe even kill her and Conner off screen, that would've spawn some dark, interesting story lines for Adam). But seeing this just puts me off... it's like seeing Noah and Sharon hooking up. Are the writers even trying anymore? I like Mark, he seems like a nice guy and a good actor, nothing against him. But I'm afraid that he's just not gonna fit in this role, no matter how hard he tries. And it's not his fault, it's just a dumb casting choice and JG should've known better!!! Mal Young's writing was terrible but looking from the aging point of view, you gotta give him this, the casting was all right and the actors were chosen accordingly.

Adam's presence is not required on the show, they're clearly doing this just to regain some of the viewers they lost under Mal's reign of terror. And it could all blow up in their faces, IMO. Look at it his way: they cut Adam out of the loop in key story lines that involved him or his plot-point... I mean son, Christian, like the custody battle (btw, is the kid still alive or did Nick just let him to starve to death in his condo while he's boning random strangers at the bar?). And now Victor shows up after a week in Vegas with his not-so dead son after sobbing and tearing for months following his "deparing"? What the hell man? How did this even happen? I guess The Moustache will fill us in with some dumb explanation that should iron out the details, right?

Btw, I wonder what was the purpose of the gambling-Spider-Dr Lipschitz side story? Are they gonna add anything to that or that's it? Who's Spider, what business he has with Victor? What's Adam involvment in all of this madness?

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 1

Mal Young's writing was terrible but looking from the aging point of view, you gotta give him this, the casting was all right and the actors were chosen accordingly.

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. GT and JT for example were terrible casting choices and IMO ruined both the characters they were hired to play.  And getting rid of legacy characters like Paul, Neil and Ashley were wrong decisions on every level.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, miamama said:

I mean... 

... She wasn't 🤔😅

For real, was Shadam really a hot pairing that people were able to look past that? I know this is a genre where the most famous couple began when one attacked the other at a disco and it was hunky dory, but audiences have never been particularly kind to neglectful mothers. I mean, Hope is a mother of her own now and fandom still shades Brooke Logan for Deacon nearly 20 years later. 

I thought the backlash over Shadam (and dear God, all five minutes of Shictor which was five minutes too many) was the reason for the bi-polar plot reset. Which didn't matter since she continued to be dumb as a doorknob anyhow. 

I guess I could tolerate another round of Shadam over yet another Shick reunion. But it's like saying I'd prefer day old Taco Bell if the other option was a tofu sandwich. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. GT and JT for example were terrible casting choices and IMO ruined both the characters they were hired to play.  And getting rid of legacy characters like Paul, Neil and Ashley were wrong decisions on every level.

I'm not talking about getting rid of the legacy actors, I'm talking about the age of the characters. Give him at least that. I mean GT doesn't look like she just graduated high school. As for Billy Boy... he was already ruined long before JT stepped in.

Edited by Aaron Newton
(edited)

MCE is seven years older than new Adam. To me that is utterly insignificant. EB is 15 years older than MTS and they’ve been a believable couple (with respect to age) for 30 years.

Sharon Case will look older than him but she’s also hot af so I hardly think this is some creepy, earth-shattering issue.

I’d have preferred another actress as Chelsea but not because MCE is soooooo old compared to the new guy. 

We haven’t even seen him play Adam yet. How are we so sure he’ll look like a kid? He’s not. He’s in his 30s for goodness sake.

Edited by miamama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

SOD

Sneak peeks
Mia and Arturo having sex again
Ana, Tessa, and Jett at the piano in the penthouse

Elena opens up to Devon about feeling guilty over not being there when her mother died from a seizure. Later Devon has more visions of Hilary while is sleeping. Elena sees him crying and wakes him up. He sees Hilary again and kisses her which throws Elena off because she knows it is about something other than her, so she tells him to talk to her.

Rey and Sharon are in Vegas looking into whatever Victor is up to for Nikki. They are shocked when Victor shows up to their hotel room asking to speak to Sharon alone. Victor is having a hard time getting out the words and Sharon tell shim to just spit it out, so he does. Adam is alive. Sharon is shocked and Victor goes on to get Sharon to remember how important he is to her and vice versa. They tease that Adam's return will rock the GC canvas. 

Daily Previews
5/7 Nikki goes to Vegas, Summer outmaneuvers Loa
5/8 Devon crosses a line, Sharon opens up to Rey about her past
5/9 Jack and Lauren clash in the boardroom
5/10 Sharon gets a blast from the past, Phyllis makes a confession

Early edition
Adam returns
Summer stakes her claim
Victor makes a bold move
Rey demands a paternity test

• Love 6
(edited)

I do think the Adam character took a nose dive when they went with Chadam.  I don't know if it was anti-chemistry or if they were just to tepid after the roller coaster he was on with Sharon but it just didn't click for me.

I agree completely. MCE has absolutely zero chemistry with anyone she's been paired with on this show. She is so asexual that's it's downright odd. Chelsea was and remains totally wrong for Adam Newman. She's a far better fit with Dickolas, but neither one of them can act their way out of a gunnysack and, frankly, I don't find JM appealing in any way, and I could barely stand him as a teen. The guy cannot act. That is all. 

Back to Chelsea. The fact that she wasn't even remotely palatable when bland, de-fanged, purse-carrying Adam was portrayed by JH, is statement enough about her so-called capabilities. The only reason she kept her job then is because her spouse is a somethingorother with CBS Sports. It certainly wasn't because she's a spectacular actor or sizzling hot. I dunno. Go figure. I guess parts were hard to come by in La La Land.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 13
On 4/30/2019 at 9:49 AM, miamama said:

IMO, Sharon was “insane “, although not by the legal definition. They had already pointed to some mental health issues by her shoplifting issues, marriage to Victor and retaliation for Victor’s treatment of her. Then Victor tried to sabotage her further by getting someone to replace her prescription meds.

Although Adam did kidnap her baby, dumped her when she was convicted of murdering his ex when she was set up by Victor etc. (I thought the writers were bad when they tried her in WI for a “murder” in HI, little did I know how bad they could be!) Then Adam was the one who hid her when she was in legal trouble again, risking his relationship with Chelsea to get Sharon decent mental health care, diagnosing her with the very treatable bipolar diagnosis. This care for an ex somewhat restored Adam’s rep for me while explaining Sharon’s previously inexplicable behavior. The hyper sexuality, the shoplifting, the “wild” behavior were all explained by a bipolar diagnosis. It was a way to restore Sharon’s rep as well.

Then they had to blow it by Victor gaslighting Sharon, Sharon getting ECT, not a usual treatment for bipolar disease...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4