Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

John told Steve that he's pushing for Vanessa to be the target and that he thinks Becky would be down with that. He also proposed a final 4 with the two of them Becky and Jackie. John/Steve agreed to have secret meetings while Vanessa is in the DR. Later, Steve and Vanessa had a conversation and he did not rat out John. He also told Vanessa he had no idea what Becky wanted this week. Maybe there's some hope for Steve after all.

• Love 9

Oh man, can we just Fast forward the whole "who wants to see my HOH room" nonsense, and get down to who sits longer in Becky's HOH room? Because that is going to be the real endurance comp. I want to know what she thinks. After her talk with John a few days ago where she said she wanted to work with James, Becky and Jackie, I feel that group is safe. I just want to know if she wants to target Vanessa, Shelli, an Austwin or Steve. I believe it's Vanessa, but these people have nothing more to do with their time than to change their plans fifty times, I'd like to get to that part. I'm tired, people, I want drama.

• Love 7

She's got to put up Vanessa/Shelli doesn't she? Who would use veto on either of them? And if one gets off the block, she puts up Steve as pawn who she doesn't care if he goes home. Or someone from the Austin/twin triumvirate.  I think this should be a relatively simple week for Becky.

Edited by pennben

This is why I love Jackie. Vanessa being Vanessa, spinning the story of today, of where Johnny Mac lied about saying that Vanessa controlled Shelli, or whatever that nonsense was about, and using lots of words, and Jackie could not be less interested. What she was interested in? When Vanessa said this happened before the vote flipped, and the vote didn't flip until after this. Oh Vanessa, Jackie is not buying what you are saying.

• Love 8

Y'all, I love Jackie. After Vanessa spends tons of time trying to convince Meg and Jackie how Clay was total staying until he was just so awful, and she just doesn't understand why he did all this horrible stuff today, Jackie bursts out with this gem - how she understands, because she always sticks to her word, and then plans change and she is never informed, but Karma! The look on Vanessa's face after that? Pretty damn good. But I will give her credit, she went right back to being so confused over why Clay was so awful.

• Love 8

Good lord, Vanessa is on full tilt to Jackie/Meg right now.  They aren't buying anything she's saying, instead Jackie is talking about karma and Meg is laughing with her, Jackie has rolled over in bed in the middle of the conversation.  For the record, Jackie did start this conversation so Meg should kick her to stay in it.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

John is clueless but the only reason Steve knows what is going on is because Vanessa told him. 

But I think that still counts as good gameplay on Steve's part. If he's using his relationship with Vanessa to offset some of his deficits in the game, good for him.

• Love 3

It's just amazing.  The entire first half of the game, Clay and Shelli were running everything.  Now, with the second half beginning, Clay is gone, and Shelli isn't running shit.

What a difference a power shift makes.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 7

Shelli and Steve on the block with a plan to backdoor Vanessa. This is gonna be good!

The one thing of which Becky needs to be careful is Vanessa getting picked for the Veto and then winning it.  I hope she has a backup plan for that.  If she does, then it's likely Austin going up if Vanessa takes Steve or Shelli down.

ETA: Becky also told Meg and Jackie, with whom she's alone in the HoH room, that she's going to play it up like John is the backdoor target to lull Vanessa into a false sense of security.  This is good, since it also hides her alliance with him.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 2

If her plan is to actually get Vanessa out, it's a terrible plan, but if she doesn't really care if Vanessa or Steve go home, it's fine.

The truly fascinating thing will be watching Vanessa try to convince the Austwins to vote Shelli out instead of Steve. :)

• Love 2

If her plan is to actually get Vanessa out, it's a terrible plan, but if she doesn't really care if Vanessa or Steve go home, it's fine.

The truly fascinating thing will be watching Vanessa try to convince the Austwins to vote Shelli out instead of Steve. :)

If it was Vanessa vs Steve on the block Jackie/Meg/James/John would vote out Vanessa and Becky could break the tie.

Right, but right now, Austin, the Twins and Vanessa could all play for Veto and NONE of them would use the Veto. 

But that's fine if Becky is fine with Shelli or Steve going. But if she really wants Vanessa gone, she really should just put her up. 

EDITED TO ADD: Who DOES she want to go if the Veto isn't used? They control the votes, so who does she want gone? 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 1

I'm wary of Becky's plan to tell Vanessa she would backdoor Jmac. I feel like Vanessa might see through that. There's also a good chance Vanessa will win the veto, unless it's a physical comp. If she does win veto it will be interesting to see Shelli's face if/when she uses it to save Steve.

Jackie and Meg imitating Vanessa is giving me life.

• Love 1

Right, but right now, Austin, the Twins and Vanessa could all play for Veto and NONE of them would use the Veto. 

Would Vanessa really risk having Steve go home? I'm sure Becky would rather see Steve leave than Shelly wouldn't she?

While Becky doesn't like Steve, I believe she gets that Shelli is a bigger threat. And moreover, the ADC thinks Shelli is the bigger threat. 

I think the odds are very high that Shelli goes to the Jury House this week. If Becky is fine with that, then great, this works out fine for her.

• Love 2

Well there IS still time for Becky to change her mind.

I'd love to see Vanessa put directly on the block, mostly because of the epic meltdown that would ensue. "Why do people see me as a threat?! I'm the most isolated person in the house! Why are they doing this to me?! I've done nothing but try and fight for you, (insert name here)"

• Love 6

Vanessa tried to make a individual deal/alliance with Becky and Becky wasn't hearing it! She said "No, I'm done with deals, I'm done with alliances!" Hahaha. Becky is starting to grow on me.

ETA: Obviously that's a very ballsy statement and not exactly good for her game, but I LOVE whenever someone shuts Vanessa down. She has to be freaking out right now.

ETA2: She did freak out and then concluded she is the backdoor target. Damn, that didn't take long. Now Becky's telling Shelli that Vanessa is her target. Sigh. I'm back to not liking Becky.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 1

She's got to put up Vanessa/Shelli doesn't she? Who would use veto on either of them? And if one gets off the block, she puts up Steve as pawn who she doesn't care if he goes home. Or someone from the Austin/twin triumvirate.  I think this should be a relatively simple week for Becky.

Hasn't Becky in the past been proven to be a huge idiot (and lapdog for Shelli) though? I mean what she says now and what she actually DOES won't necessarily resemble each other. She could flip on a dime and go back to Shelli pulling her strings.  Easily.

I get that Becky probably legitimately DOES want Vanessa out.  Then again, she loathes Steve and he's still there. Becky's thinking could just turn on a dime the moment Shelli promises to be her extra special friend now.

I think it was less than an hour between the time Becky told Meg, Jackie, and James that they should never whisper the V word and when Becky told (or strongly implied) Johnny Mac, Shelli, and Steve that Vanessa is the main target. 

So, Vanessa really IS isolated in the game, right? 

Vanessa overplayed things this afternoon, and she often is more transparent than she might know.  But, hasn't she mostly created all these elaborate plans to keep her people safe - Shelli, the twins, Austin, and Steve?  I understand it's self-serving as well, and I don't watch the feeds 24 hours so maybe I've missed some times when she sold people out - but only when they were selling her out first, right? 

I'll be interested to see if Vanessa can shift her strategy and save herself this week. 

Given the current feelings in the house, that will be quite a feat if she can make it happen - especially since Becky's worked Black Friday, and all.

• Love 4

I read on twitter that not only did Basic Becky tell Shelli that Vanessa was the backdoor target, but she also told Shelli that Shelli would be going on the block alongside Steve to accomplish this.  That apparently happened some time after she told John, James, Meg, and Jackie that NO ONE else can know who the real target is.  She told them they can't say "the V word."  Meanwhile, Vanessa already figured out she was the target, and I don't think Becky even tried to sell her the Johnny Mac BS backdoor story yet.  Great gameplay, Becks!!  I hope Vanessa wins veto, saves whoever (I don't really give a shit which one) and Austin ends up leaving.  That's my BB fantasy this week, but honestly I just want whatever Becky wants to happen to not happen.  And then she leaves next week for being a dumbass.   

As for her potentially deciding to buddy up to Shelli again, I'm not sure how that would work now that Shelli knows Becky is a rat from last week, and now is about to nominate her "as a pawn" (the week after Shelli was the same alliance's target and would have gone had they had the votes).  I mean, Shelli can't exactly do anything overt to piss Becky off while Becky is HOH, but if Becky is dumb enough to trust Shelli I can see this HOH not working out so well for Trainwrecky.  And I'm pretty sure at some point Johnny is going to run his yapper to the wrong person too.  

• Love 2

Well, I don't like her original nominations but Shelli will keep her south shut if she is on the block and Becky has to make damn sure she knows she is not her  target in car she wins the POV and takes herself down.

Shelli has something on Becky but it is moot point at this time. 

I dunno. With the exception of James, Shelli has managed to flip the script on so many people. Heck, even last week she arguably did that, because with two nominated, the Sixth Sense had less people than the rest of the house, even with Julia added, but the vote still went the way Shelli needed.

These people are idiots by and large. Even the ones with moments of self-awareness like James and Jackie are at times. DEFINITELY the likes of Becky, Meg, and even John and Steve have simply fallen in line even when it seemed to make no damn sense to.

• Love 1

If Becky wants Vanessa out so badly she should just put up Vanessa and Shelli and take the chance with the veto. Either way you get one of them out. I don't know why Becky spilled her entire plan to Shelli, guess we'll see what happens there. The 6S has really had a bad streak - end of BOB and two endurance comps. Austin is so freaking useless, I will never be convinced he didn't throw that comp, they should have just let him be go when they had the chance.

At least the summer camp crew are awake now and starting to play the game.

There are so many things that can go wrong with Becky's plan. At least it'll be another intense week on the feeds.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 2

Ugh. I hate that Shelli will probably go this week. She just can't catch a break.

I know Liz isn't that popular, but does anyone think she's a dark-horse contender to win? She's very smart and playing a low-key, shrewd game. And of course she has 2 jury votes on lock.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 4

I know Liz isn't that popular, but does anyone think she's a dark-horse contender to win?

Given that Becky/The Campers are content to let a three strong alliance stand so they can work out their anger at Vanessa? Yes, absolutely, 

Vanessa's only hope is Veto, she has to win it, if she doesn't she's gone (and she needs to win it whether she's on the block or not). I'd love to see her work some Nicole like voodoo to get herself out of it, because honest to GOB I have no interest in a game or show w/o her (my biggest complaint with this cast is that they are boring as fuck *as people* so other than game, this season has nothing going for it and only Shelli and Vanessa are true gamers). 

The same way Vanessa made everyone promise to stick to the plan to put the remaining Clelli member on the block. That whole meeting was one big lie.

Except I wasn't referring to the meeting, I was referring to the one on one with Jackie and James AFTER the meeting in which Jackie was genuinely ticked off that Vanessa was A) trying to save Shelli this week and B) wouldn't nominate Shelli next week and that James et al since the minute he won HoH have insisted "the House" should target Clellie two weeks in a row, before they turn on each other, which if they weren't UTTERLY full of shit, would have meant it didn't matter if they voted out Clay or if they voted out Shelli, because the other one would still be target #1. But they were utterly full of shit both before that weirdo meeting and after. 

That conversation proved to me how emotionally the campers continue to play, and how much I HATE that shit, and respect it on a game level not at all. But also how stupid they still are because Meg is on their team, and because James still needed Jackie to point out to him that Vanessa wasn't working with them in that meeting, that she's still running that alliance. C word not withstanding I think James actually likes Vanessa and wants to trust her pretty badly, if Van can pull anyone from the Campers it's him, he's willing to fuck people over, please James fuck them over. 

All Vanessa needs is one vote from that side of the house, but I think she should work with carrots rather than busses this week to save herself. I hope she can work some Nicole from S2 like magic to save herself, but her social game isn't as good as Nicole's was, and Nicole's wasn't even that great.

• Love 3

Vanessa had a reprieve when none of the campers blamed her for Jason leaving. She should have realized this, shut the hell up for five minutes and faded into the background. She had a perfect shield with the Austwins. Instead she tried to bash everyone over the head with her own agenda. She did this to herself. Just awful gameplay on every level.

• Love 12

I think Becky is going to change her mind and put Vanessa up outright.

Pretty impressive that the Austwins will probably last another week. Last night, Clay said there's no stronger bond in the house than Shay - and I was like, guys, there's blood relatives in there!

Everyone's freaking out on Joker's about a DR leak. James went in and said something about an America's Player card, but it was most likely a joke.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Ideal scenario: Shelli and Steve go up, Vanessa wins veto, takes Steve down, Austin goes up. Boom, two people I'd rather go will be the first in jury. Is it going to happen? Not likely, which means I'll be disappointed whether Vanessa or Steve goes this week. But plus side....they may be able to come back? Which is really stupid, by the way, because we already have one extra houseguest. That means there will be at least two DEs, possibly three. But I think production saw Vanessa in a tight spot in the upcoming week and decided to try and save her. Not that I would hate that, because I know Vanessa probably will leave and I don't like it. People are obsessed with the underdog campers online, but I dislike Becky, I hate Meg, I like James only when he's in power, and I think Jackie's ok, but not my favourite. 

Becky has a speech planned for Steve that involves her telling him that he's a superfan, yet hasn't been playing this season. Um...girl, you've barely been playing yourself. You want to take a look at who's not playing? Look to your right and see a perky blonde chick looking for a gusband. Yeah, she's not playing the game. Steve is forming alliances. Meg is sitting in bed, talking shit and doing shit. 

• Love 3

Ideal scenario: Shelli and Steve go up, Vanessa wins veto, takes Steve down, Austin goes up.

Yeah I really want her to try to back door Vanessa, but I think at this point in the game their smart enough not to, but IF she wins Veto (or if one of her allies wins Veto and takes her down) ADC should abosoutely be putting up and targeting Liz. I just can NOT fathom getting rid of Steve over breaking up Austwins, last week they said they didn't want waste a HoH on Steve yet Becky acts like he's the biggest threat/target in the game. GTFO.

Really they should put up Liz and Vanessa, if they're thinking like they should be about shattering the remaining tight bonds they take out half of Shelli/Vanessa OR they break up the three strong alliance everyone likes to pretend to go after every week and then never follow through on booting.

Edited by blixie

Now Vanessa just revealed Freaks and Geeks to Shelli by mistake. Awwwkward.

I missed something, what's wrong with the above?  Was Clelli not in the Freaks and Geeks alliance or something?

I agree with blixie. Vanessa/Liz would be better noms. Steve would be the only one playing for Vanessa, which means he would probably throw it. Austin/Julia would pull down Liz if they won veto. 

The backdoor plan has too many ways it can go wrong.

I agree with blixie. Vanessa/Liz would be better noms. Steve would be the only one playing for Vanessa, which means he would probably throw it. Austin/Julia would pull down Liz if they won veto.

The backdoor plan has too many ways it can go wrong.

It seems like the obvious nominations. I think she'll settle on this later.

Clelli were definitley not in F&G but I assumed it was always part of Vanessa's long term plan to fold Shelli in (it keeps the numbers at 6-5), and that she planned to a boot order of  Austin, Liz, and then Julia, now Shelli just needs to keep a lid on it, as long as she is not nommed. Vanessa went to the effing WALL for Shelli last week, Shelli had better reciprocate as it's better for her game too, she has to know floating to ADC won't be genuine and will make her bottom bitch.

Steve would be the only one playing for Vanessa, which means he would probably throw it. Austin/Julia would pull down Liz if they won veto.

Well and if you really want V to go, if noms stay the same, you've broken up her voting block instead of (Austin, Julia, LIz and Shelli/Steve) she now only has Shelli and Steve who won't even vote for her anymore because these lame ass hamsters feel like THE HOUSE has to be ON THE SAME PAGE, I really hoped we'd be done with that after BotB, but NOOOO. It really ruins so much of the fun of the game, if everyone is on the same page that limits strategy hugely, if ADC hadn't known about Shelli going their determination in HoH would have been entirely different, instead they had time to mentally gear up and lock down.

• Love 1

I think this is one of the reasons I don't like Becky.  Per Jokers:

Steve: Who buys clothes at Abercrombie?

Becky: Only the good-looking people.

Becky talking about the Abercrombie lifestyle.

Steve: Lifestyle? Don't people shop just for the product? Becky: No

• Love 12

Becky told Shelli that Vanessa knows she's going on the block. Shelli is going to try and bait Vanessa into admitting she knows.

The problem for Shelli is she has to be aware that Becky and the campers control the vote this week. If Austin or one of the twins wins veto and doesn't use it for fear that Vanessa will be backdoored they'll send Shelli home. Becky told Steve she's not targeting him at all, even as a backup plan. Also, Austin and twins said last night they would save Steve over Shelli because he's been more loyal. It's in Shelli's best interest to get Vanessa on the block.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1

I think this is one of the reasons I don't like Becky.

Yup especially from someone who got hit in the face by a train, I almost died and decided that life is too short to be deep, I will strive to be even MORE shallow. I still don't hate her, but I would rather get hit by a train in the face than have a "conversation" with her for more than a minute.

• Love 7

Prayer to the BB Gods

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let Vanessa lay low today (pipe dream I know)

PLEASE, let Shelli remember how Vanessa helped her and supported her all last week when everyone else was against her (even though she and Clay were passive/aggressive in getting some blood back on Vanessa).

PLEASE let either Steve really still be on Vanessa's side or let Vanessa find out he isn't so she can shift and adjust.

wait, what is that sound?  Oh yes the BB Gods laughing at me for my foolishness

• Love 7

Does Steve have a crush on Vanessa? At around 3:37, he tells Vanessa, "give me a hug".  They hug.  Then Steve says, "Mm. You smell good.  I love how you smell.  I love just always how you smell."  He then told her people think he's mad at her, because he got up and left when "sleeping" with Vanessa.  He then explains that he would love sharing a bed with her, but you don't share a bed with your allies.

He then follows her into the kitchen, where Vanessa complains of having a migraine, cramps, body aches, and the room is too hot.  Steve sympathetically gives her another hug.  When she returns the hug halfheartedly, he asks, "what's wrong with your left arm?"

It was kind of adorable.  Steve may have little impact in this game, but the game is probably going to have a big impact on Steve's social abilities.   Even though he and Becky mutually dislike each other, they were having a light hearted conversation about AF, and Becky's obsessive nine year artistic outlet.  She even teased him about a crush.

• Love 2