Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

well she needs a "reason" to evict someone.... she's obviously wanting it to be a tie because she's telling Austin he's safe and telling Steve he's safe, also telling JM that she wants to make a big move and get out Austin.  

If JM was smart he would just vote to keep Steve and force Vanessa to make he choice.  None of this "if Vanessa won't vote to keep you then I can't give you my vote" crap.  He has to know he's odd man out if Steve leaves.

• Love 1

Are the feeds staying down until the eviction episode tomorrow?

Yep. 9am Monday - 9pm Tuesday BBT.

I think between JoVan back yard hammock talk, and the HoH big move talk last night, I feel like it's 60-40% Austin is going. That talk was fairly early in the night, and Austin chose to sit tight and not work John, and John chose not to go tell Liztin everything Vanessa said. So yeah I'm cautiously optimistic it might happen.

The only thing that makes me doubt it will happen is something happening today to make Vanessa change her mind. I think John would go through with evicting Austin. Vanessa has the capacity of changing her mind 10 times though.

Yep. 9am Monday - 9pm Tuesday BBT.

Shit I forgot it was that long. But the eviction is still today though right? I don't know why I can't keep the schedule straight.

This is going to be a bit torturous, but also for the first time all season a genuine surprise. 

The only thing that makes me doubt it will happen is something happening today to make Vanessa change her mind. I think John would go through with evicting Austin. Vanessa has the capacity of changing her mind 10 times though.

If the eviction isn't taped until tomorrow that's a lot of time for shit to go down, but if it's today I think we've got a chance at Austin out. I just can't think of why Vanessa would go through all this to convince John (she's given three days of work to it) only to stiff Johnnt in the moment of truth, and not just boot Austin. IDK, IDK, and it's both exciting and ANNOYING.

When is the next live show? Tues, Wed, Sun are the shows this week.

Tuesday will have a taped "live" eviction (and probably HOH too).

Wednesday will most likely be an actual live eviction.

I hope we'll be getting fish instead of highlights.

Edited by Nutella

I dont get why CBS is taking down the feeds for so long. The info of who gets evicted will probably leak minutes after it happens.

Another thing I dont get is why Van feels the need to blindside Austin/Liz. Since when does she care about making good tv? My guess is more like she is afraid that Austin will be able to talk her out of it. Its like she doesnt trust herself when it comes to him. Blindsiding Liz could come back to bite her!

Another thing I dont get is why Van feels the need to blindside Austin/Liz. Since when does she care about making good tv? My guess is more like she is afraid that Austin will be able to talk her out of it. Its like she doesnt trust herself when it comes to him. Blindsiding Liz could come back to bite her!

I think she knows Austin has the ability to talk her out of things. I think she also knows that she needs more evidence that the jury hates her, so maybe she'll look like a better F2 prospect. Also, I think she is trying to appeal to John's crazy side. Before her conversation with John last night, Austin told her that John wants to blindside Steve. Maybe Vanessa realizes that John wants to do something crazy (a blindside) so she's trying to steer him to do the blindside she wants rather than the one she doesn't. As far as I can tell, Vanessa didn't use the word "blindside" until Austin told her that's what John wants to do.

• Love 2

Since when does she care about making good tv?

I think the DR has said something, since it's been a consistent complaint from the feedsters AND the tv viewers. 

As far as I can tell, Vanessa didn't use the word "blindside" until Austin told her that's what John wants to do.

She brought up the tv value of informing the evictee they are going to John in the backyard, I think well before she talked to Austin. While she didn't use the word blindside, she did articulate doing exactly that: basically why should we tell Steve/Austin anything, this is about making good tv. It was totally crazy to hear her say that given how psychotically they've all been committed to "clueing" the evictee in and all other parties to the Plan of HOUSE.  I can't help but think that came anywhere but from the DR/Grodner, *especially* doing it right before a feeds blackout. 

At the same time she was arguing for a blindside though she did mention that she couldn't just sleep/ignore/avoid Steve/Austin until the hour of eviction which backs up she's worried they'll manipulate the Great Unmanipulatable!

• Love 3

I think she also knows that she needs more evidence that the jury hates her, so maybe she'll look like a better F2 prospect.

That's a good point. I didn't even think of that. I know Steve wants to boot Vanessa next and I thought that was a good move, but, now that I think of it, I'd boot Liz. She already has two automatic jury votes and probably Vanessa's. Steve probably has the edge because the jury likes him, but it's risky to let her get that close.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

I think it would be something that after all her strategizing, etc, Vanessa gets frozen out of F2.  She will end up with nothing, since there is no way I can see her winning Fan Favorite.

With the jury, I can see James, Meg, Jackie, Becky, Johnny Mack - and maybe Shelli voting against her.

It was stupid of her to blow up at James - because guess what, he now has the ear of the other jury members that he has been in the mansion with.

Edited by getaway

Hmm. Not sure what to think. Part of me thinks Vanessa is setting up John to vote Austin out then she breaks the tie and keeps him. It makes Austin and Liz totally indebted to her. 

The strange thing is she has been adamant about Austin NOT making a deal with John for next week. If she's sending Austin home why would that matter? 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2

So this is the first season I've watched all the way through and I find it interesting comparing the strategy to Survivor.  I had assumed BB was mostly the same, 2-3 alliances forming and depending on which side wins the competitions, one side eventually picks off the other side, and the reasons for being voted out are almost always "you're not in my alliance", none of this 'worrying' over "blood on my hands" bit, or multiple conversations to come up with 'justifications' for voting people off. 

So seeing how much the various people in BB make multiple alliances, flip-flop between them constantly, and so many 'short-term' reasons for voting people off, its such  a difference.  I'll definitely have to hunt up some prior seasons to see how things evolved.

• Love 2

I think it would be something that after all her strategizing, etc, Vanessa gets frozen out of F2. She will end up with nothing, since there is no way I can see her winning Fan Favorite.

With the jury, I can see James, Meg, Jackie, Becky, Johnny Mack - and maybe Shelli voting against her.

It was stupid of her to blow up at James - because guess what, he now has the ear of the

other jury members that he has been in the

mansion with.

I think James, Shelli, and Becky have indicated that they might vote for Vanessa.

• Love 2

I'm anxious to know the final outcome. A part of me is glad we have no idea. I think if Steve stays, he feels Vanessa is too dangerous to keep past F4 and Liz is beatable in F3 by him and John.

I think the fact that 6S / Scamper Squad were too good at winning comps this season hurt Vanessa. The other side of the house hardly won and when they did they made short sighted decisions on who to evict instead of thinking of the long game. Vanessa has gotten accused of "over-playing" but I think it's more that she assumed the other side had some alliances/game plan when they didn't.

It's a shame she'll likely be out by F4 because I would like her to win.

Edited by kellog010

Hmm. Not sure what to think. Part of me thinks Vanessa is setting up John to vote Austin out then she breaks the tie and keeps him. It makes Austin and Liz totally indebted to her.

The strange thing is she has been adamant about Austin NOT making a deal with John for next week. If she's sending Austin home why would that matter?

Because if John decides the deals are good, he evicts Steve. Then Vanessa has no vote.

Because if John decides the deals are good, he evicts Steve. Then Vanessa has no vote.

This is partially why I believe John should vote for Steve.

The other part is Vanessa pushing hard for him to keep Steve. I believe she might want Steve out, but to void any deal between John and Austin, she wants to expose his duplicity in the initial vote before she secures at least final 3 in the next. That would put Johnny Mac in a huge hot seat should he fail to win any of those next competitions.

If I am Vanessa, I think I would do that as well.

This is partially why I believe John should vote for Steve.

The other part is Vanessa pushing hard for him to keep Steve. I believe she might want Steve out, but to void any deal between John and Austin, she wants to expose his duplicity in the initial vote before she secures at least final 3 in the next. That would put Johnny Mac in a huge hot seat should he fail to win any of those next competitions.

If I am Vanessa, I think I would do that as well.

I agree. I think John is trying to do the same thing to Vanessa, and they both know that this is exactly what the other person is doing, so I'm curious to see how that plays out.

I could see John voting out Steve and gaining Austin's loyalty by ratting out Vanessa, and Vanessa doing the same thing to John. And if Vanessa does break a tie and vote out Austin, I'm curious to see what she came up as for The Reason to Liz.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

The beautiful thing about it is that Vanessa is in a position where she can't get played. John will have to blink first. He either votes out Steve, in which case Vanessa had no decision to make. Or he votes out Austin, and only then does Vanessa have to make a decision.

• Love 2

ETA: Vanessa probably has one other big advantage over everyone else at F2.  She can probably give a fantastic F2 performance.  That has to increase her odds of winning.

I agree with everything you said but this part.

Vanessa is not a well spoken person in the least. She repeats one point over and over with "ums" in between. That is one of the reasons why I find her so exhausting to watch.

• Love 8

JMO, but Austin is the biggest threat to win. He's a comp beast. Great social game. Articulate. He can layout a good argument to win. I can see Liz wanting to keep him because together they are unstoppable. Cutting him now, would be best for all. Liz may get further with him but not win against him. Steve and John would never win against him.

If Austin stays, he'd be my pick for the win. I'd love to see him or John win the next HOH and boot Vanessa.

• Love 1

Vanessa is not a well spoken person in the least. She repeats one point over and over with "ums" in between. That is one of the reasons why I find her so exhausting to watch.

This. Maybe she will quote herself again.

I've always felt like F2/FTC speeches were meaningless because people usually had their minds made up beforehand. But this season could be different, if it was say, Austin/Vanessa or Steve/Vanessa. Saying the right things could potentially swing the vote.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1

She's so good at swaying others to her point of view, I figured she could do that in front of the jury as well.  Maybe you're right though. 

Not sure if I would vote for her to win, if I were on the jury.  I definitely think she's the MVP this season, though, who more than anyone else drove the action, boots and intrigue. 

This. Maybe she will quote herself again.

I've always felt like F2/FTC speeches were meaningless because people usually had their minds made up beforehand. But this season could be different, if it was say, Austin/Vanessa or Steve/Vanessa. Saying the right things could potentially swing the vote.

Steve is 100% counting on swaying votes with his speech. He's already practicing his Final 2 speech - and a big part of it is future him booting Vanessa. And I really think whoever manages to get the blame in booting Vanessa will win. They'll be able to say they used her and gained her loyalty until they didn't need her anymore.

• Love 1

And those EYES...big brown marbles constantly rolling around, twitching left and right above bad black eyeliner.  If she truly does wear sunglasses playing poker, it's no wonder.

• Love 7

Who is jmac voting out? Steve or Austin?

No one knows, he told Van he was good to vote out Austin (she agreed if he did she'd break the tie and boot Austin), he told Austin he was good to stay. He told Steve he needed Van to ask him to vote out Austin, which she did do, but it's not clear that he trusts even that, or that Vanessa isn't bullshitting him to have him caught out 'betraying"' Liztin, and voting Austin out. 

THIS. She's blowing up Jonny's game. If she's the tiebreaker to save Austin, then that's puts a HUGE target on JMac. She's adamant about not making a deal with him bc she want no ties with JMac when Liztin go after him next week. Edited by Silo
  • Love 1

If JM was smart he would just vote to keep Steve and force Vanessa to make he choice. None of this "if Vanessa won't vote to keep you then I can't give you my vote" crap. He has to know he's odd man out if Steve leaves.

John wanted Vanessa to come to him, rather than him going to her, so he could have at least a little faith that she really wanted to keep Steve. If John went to Vanessa and she said "sure, I'll keep Steve if you want to," it's really likely to be her setting him up. This way, he at least has "dirt" on her if he does vote to evict Austin but she chooses to keep him- dirt he can take directly to Austin and Liz to get them to turn on Vanessa at F4. It makes a certain kind of crazy sense.

So this is the first season I've watched all the way through and I find it interesting comparing the strategy to Survivor. I had assumed BB was mostly the same, 2-3 alliances forming and depending on which side wins the competitions, one side eventually picks off the other side, and the reasons for being voted out are almost always "you're not in my alliance", none of this 'worrying' over "blood on my hands" bit, or multiple conversations to come up with 'justifications' for voting people off.

So seeing how much the various people in BB make multiple alliances, flip-flop between them constantly, and so many 'short-term' reasons for voting people off, its such a difference. I'll definitely have to hunt up some prior seasons to see how things evolved.

All good points, but I think the differences are less in how the players play and more in the structure of the games and the shows. One, we don't get live feeds for Survivor, and we only see one episode a week, so a lot of what doesn't directly effect the narrative for that week never gets seen.

Two, who has "power" is so very different that it's not really comparable. In Survivor, one person (or one tribe, early) is not in danger each week, and everyone else is eligible to be booted. No one can pick two people to be more at risk than the others, and there is not a second chance to save yourself (POV v. HOH). In fact, no one has any official power in Survivor; the only "power" is the equivalent of BB POV. Therefore, there is less of a need to have so many "in the alternative" alliances and a little more risk if you try to flip back and forth. Survivor alliances tend to be all-in or all-out because the only power is in numbers, and *everyone* (save immunity winner) can be voted out in any given week.

ETA: there's also the difference of how long they're in each game- in Survivor, it's 39 days, with a booting every three days. For BB this year, it's 97 (I think), with a boot every week. So much more time to overthink and obsess and align.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5

THIS. She's blowing up Jonny's game. If she's the tiebreaker to save Austin, then that's puts a HUGE target on JMac. She's adamant about not making a deal with him bc she want no ties with JMac when Liztin go after him next week.

The reason why I don't think she's setting John up is because Vanessa hasn't told Austin/Liz anything she's said to Steve about him staying. In fact, she's point blank lying to them about her conversations with him. She also told Steve to play up being nervous about the vote and to not act comfortable. Then she told Austin/Liz that Steve is short-circuiting and is freaking out about the vote.

I still think she's telling Austin that deals with John are meaningless because she knows that Austin can be very convincing, and if he really does convince John to keep him, then Vanessa has no vote in the matter.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

John wanted Vanessa to come to him, rather than him going to her, so he could have at least a little faith that she really wanted to keep Steve. If John went to Vanessa and she said "sure, I'll keep Steve if you want to," it's really likely to be her setting him up. This way, he at least has "dirt" on her if he does vote to evict Austin but she chooses to keep him- dirt he can take directly to Austin and Liz to get them to turn on Vanessa at F4. It makes a certain kind of crazy sense.

But it would have been pointless because as we saw.... Liztin were throwing Vanessa under the bus but telling her "but we're only saying what we needed to to stay, of course we didn't meant it"  So Vanessa could do the exact same thing. 

JM has no idea that without Steve he's up shit's creek without a paddle. Austin, Liz and Vanessa were never on his side and are never going to be. 

His only option is to vote to keep Steve and make Vanessa show her hand. 

Last, I heard was Vanessa telling John she wanted a big blindside. Apparently, the blindside will be Austin. Of course, this could have all changed 5 minutes later. I'm still not sure if Johnny Mac plans on cutting Vanessa at Final 3 or not. At least, with feeds down I will actually surprised by the outcome. That will be a first all summer. LOL!!!!

• Love 1

In past seasons when feeds were down, did word get out as to who was booted before feeds came back? Thank you.

In the past few seasons, the vote has been very obvious so it's hard to know if any of the spoilers then were actually legit.

In past seasons when feeds were down, did word get out as to who was booted before feeds came back? Thank you.

They have a live audience for the taping so it has leaked in the past. So I would say by like 730ish PST we should know who got the boot. We also knew who won F4 HOH before the feeds came back as well because there was a feeds leak showing Derrick in the HOH room. So it's possible that could happen again as well.

But once they do come back tomorrow evening we will know who the HOH is, Noms and who won the Veto since the next eviction is Wednesday.

Edited by SiobhanJW

Is the taping for tomorrow's show today? I'm hoping it's today and we get spoilers within the next few hours about who wound up being evicted. I'm with the rest of you hoping for an Austin blindside.

Edited by HighQueenEB

It's kinda BS that this may be the biggest upset of the season and the feeds are closed and no one can see it.

Agreed. It's not as though BB is water cooler conversation these days so if the feed watchers were spoiled it wouldn't be something that necessarily seeped into the mainstream media and public consciousness. This isn't the Great Kit Harrington Hair Watch of Summer 2015, after all, lol.

• Love 7

Is the taping for tomorrow's show today? I'm hoping it's today and we get spoilers within the next few hours about who wound up being evicted. I'm with the rest of you hoping for an Austin blindside.

Yup! They are currently taping!! I would say within the next hour or so we will know!

• Love 1

Here's the thing with jury, and swaying the jury. Before they fucked it up a few years ago, the final two was set before finale night, and there was a long period where the feeds would cut off, and the jury would question the final two. I believe it worked kind of like a Survivor style final TC. I loved watching the aftermath, as the final two were usually shell shocked and spent hours trying to figure out who had which votes. It was the last gasp of really good feeds for the season.

But now the third person is evicted live, the jury "questioning" is done live, which is ridiculous, because they don't even know who to question. Every jury member gets one ridiculously vague question, the final two get a quick statement, and it's so roughshod and fast, I seriously doubt it has any sway on anyone. Hell, Vanessa wouldn't even have a chance to do what she does best - talk and talk and talk until the other person is hypnotized. She wouldn't even get past her third "umm" before Julie cut her off.

Just crossing my fingers for an Austin boot. I truly would be fine with anyone else winning, even Liz. But I loathe him and his obsession with making "good TV".

• Love 9

While we wait for the feeds, do you guys wanna take a guess on who is going to get which former HG's jury votes depending on the F2 left standing?

Liz, John, Steve, Julia, James, Meg, Becky, Jackie, Shelli, Austin, Vanessa are the potential jury pool.

If it's between Austin / Vanessa for the F2 , my guess is:

Vanessa - Steve, James, Shelli

Austin - Liz, Julia, Meg, Becky, Jackie

That leaves John. I know John says he hates the Austwins but if he feels Vanessa went out of her way to trick him, then he may not vote for her. I don't really think his vote matters because Vanessa won't have the majority anyway.

I also think Steve, James and Shelli are going to vote for Vanessa regardless of who she's up against. I think Meg, Jackie and Becky can't stand her and won't vote for her no matter what.

Edited by Silo

I like this game!!

Vanessa v. Austin

Van: Steve, Shelli, James, Becky, John, Jackie

Austin: Julia, Liz, Meg

Both John & Becky talked about if Van ended up in F2 they would vote for her. And I think they would both stick to it. Jackie saw exactly what Van was doing as well which Shelli can confirm and being with Becky & Shelli for so long in the Jury house I think they vote Van.

Meg is stubborn and I think she was clueless in the house about stuff and I think she will continue to not believe what people tell her lol. If anyone could get her to flip it's James.

I believe Austin is someone that can give Vanessa a run for her money. I think everyone else she wins 9-0, 8-1, 7-2. I don't think it's close.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2

I like this game!!

Vanessa v. Austin

Van: Steve, Shelli, James, Becky, John, Jackie

Austin: Julia, Liz, Meg

Both John & Becky talked about if Van ended up in F2 they would vote for her. And I think they would both stick to it. Jackie saw exactly what Van was doing as well which Shelli can confirm and being with Becky & Shelli for so long in the Jury house I think they vote Van.

Meg is stubborn and I think she was clueless in the house about stuff and I think she will continue to not believe what people tell her lol. If anyone could get her to flip it's James.

I don't believe Jackie would vote for her but if Becky flipped (in my scenario) then John would be the tiebreaker :O.

Do you think John will vote for Austin if Vanessa tricks John during this eviction (pushing John to vote out Austin but then Vanessa voting to save Austin)?

Edited by Silo