Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Williamsburg Brooklyn...very downtown and eclectic.

On one of the blocks...there's a grouping of Polish restaurants...and a tiny little place that makes fresh pierogies daily and they sell them in bags of 20 for you to take home and cook/heat the way you like. That healthy snack I just had is now forgotten...damn you Trooper!

You mean to say:  I can have brunch with Zalda and some other PTVers...AND get notable, fresh pierogi if I venture into Brooklyn???  What did I do to deserve such luck and riches?

So when she cries for no apparent reason on this show...me just me....I think it is her frustration with the ongoing divorce...so I tune her out and give her a pass. That's not to say every once in a while...it gets to me and annoys me and I want to slap her upside her head.

That's how I feel, too.  I am not her fan.  However, I remember a time when I was so taxed with things going on in my life - I wanted to crack. To curl up in a ball.  My eyes felt like they were bulging out of my face.  I was laying on the floor sobbing.  Yeah, I know that feeling so she gets a pass from me.  I understand why Beth felt "FUStrated (Yeah, Heather said 'fustrated') and annoyed" by Heather.

• Love 6

Sonja is a 'little horny' like Kim Kardashian is a little narcissistic

LOL, true.

I was trying to be kind in describing Lady Morgan, well known  International Luxury Branding and PR Expert ( did you know that?)  and you sussed me out!

I have never read anything to back this up. Why on earth would anyone think that Bethenny's business connections and partners came from her father's racetrack connections? Also her father was married at his time of death (Iirc) and his estate was passed to his wife. Unless he specifically left B something in his will or she attested the will, she got nothing.

If I'm not mistaken she actually talked about it on the show.

• Love 2

I understand her behavior, but I don't think that her past should excuse it. I know too many kindhearted, enormously successful people who grew up homeless (not hotel-homeless) and in foster care because they had to be removed from the family's home due to horrible abuse and neglect. One of my friend's moms is *still* in a psych ward all these years later, and she actually has *compassion* for her since she realizes her mom is a hopeless case.

I don't think I actually said that I excuse it, I only meant to say that I can understand it because of those circumstances. If Bethenny was raised in a functional family, with good core values and parents that were respected and she still exhibited neurosis and uncontrolled behavior, then I could never accept nor excuse it.

• Love 2

For years, I've had a dislike for Bethenny Frankel, I never cared to know anything about her. It wasn't until this season that I watched especially to find out what type of energy she would bring into the mix of wives. I soon found out, quite a lot. She's intensely neurotic of course like most of them. But Bethenny, as we later learned with the reunion with her stepfather, had just about the most tumultuous childhood that anyone could imagine. Because of it, she gets a pass from me. She's been ruined inside from when she was just a little kid. She would have been better off if she was taken from her home and put in a foster home or up for adoption. Her mother was bulimic and an alcoholic. She had to clean up her mother's vomit many times. There was physical abuse between the mother and the second husband Parisella, and the police called many times. Then there was the makeup sex better her mother and stepfather that was noisy and loud that she had to listen to in the next room.

But keeping in mind the horrors of her past brings more understanding to me of why she is like she is and I accept her under those circumstances.

I agree. Yes, everyone goes through hell. No apples or spaceships about it. We all experience hell, whether with the death of a loved one, abuse, sick children, etc.  I do not believe there are levels of traumatic experiences/hell that make one thing worse than the other, either.  What I think greatly determines whether a person will live in the trauma or be able to get past it is when the traumatic experience occurred (early childhood, adulthood, etc.), and what the support system was after that experience. I think with Bethenny (Aviva and Ramona, too) we've seen the result of trauma at a very early age, coupled with the lack of a stable, sane environment. Although an assumption and I could be wrong because there are always exceptions, I think it is safe to say that the rough times the rest have experienced either occurred when they were old enough to better cope, or they had better support after that traumatic experience, or both. Given what we know about Beth, I think she has done and continues to do OK. Not that she can't do better, and not to say it should give her a life-long pass for asshole behavior, but I understand what Lu and Carol were saying to Heather.  It must be very jarring, especially for an only child, to go through trauma all alone because you're people are the ones creating and compounding the problems.

I understand her behavior, but I don't think that her past should excuse it. I know too many kindhearted, enormously successful people who grew up homeless (not hotel-homeless) and in foster care because they had to be removed from the family's home due to horrible abuse and neglect. One of my friend's moms is *still* in a psych ward all these years later, and she actually has *compassion* for her since she realizes her mom is a hopeless case.

Not to sound like an apologist, but had Bethenny been removed from her unstable environment, she might be in a better place now.  At the very least, it would have been an early acknowledgement by adults that what she was experiencing was not right. Sometimes, an acknowledgment is all you need.

• Love 4

Foster care is not a stable environment.

Granted, you can end up with horrible foster parents, but you can also end up with great foster parents. And, you still have the acknowledgement that your parents are assholes and the environment they provide is not good.

• Love 2

I think here is a time in every adult's life when they have to say, "enough, I can not let the way I grew up dictate how I act now." However not everyone reacts that way and if they see the wisdom in that thought they just lack the skills to move past their chilhood. I know, I'm sure like many of us people who grew up under less than perfect conditions some grow up compasionate and some do not. I don't think Bethenny is all self serving or uncaring. Over the years we've seen other aspects of her. Just in the last two episodes we've seen her take compassion on Sonja (whether we belive it's sincere or not...YMMV) and we saw her soften her stance on Heather at the dinner table.

• Love 7
That's how I feel, too.  I am not her fan.  However, I remember a time when I was so taxed with things going on in my life - I wanted to crack. To curl up in a ball.  My eyes felt like they were bulging out of my face.  I was laying on the floor sobbing.  Yeah, I know that feeling so she gets a pass from me.  I understand why Beth felt "FUStrated (Yeah, Heather said 'fustrated') and annoyed" by Heather.

I'm guessing you didn't run right out and sign up for yet another reality show when you were in that situation, act like it was such a huge chore to show up and film it, and then put up walls and try to control every interaction with anyone "new" while still expecting to be treated like you were doing everyone a favor by even being there to weep and yell at them?

Too bad Beth doesn't realize that "family" can consist of old and dear friends if you don't have a blood-related family.  Lots of people have no one, but they create "family" with their friends.  Of course, that requires GIVING of yourself as well as letting others in, and Beth is not a giver.

• Love 17

How I picture the Carole/Bethenny off camera discussion

Carole: So I met with Kristen at Ricky's corporate office the other day.

Bethenny: Who dat?

Carole: Ricky'sNYC you know the beauty supply chain

Bethenny: No I mean the other name you mentioned

Carole: You mean Kristen?

Bethenny: Yeah who dat?

Carole: You know, blond, pretty, married to Josh, she was with us in AC and at Dorinda's Berkshire dinner?

Bethenny: Oh okay

Carole: So I went because Kristen is going to do a nail polish line and she asked me to come up with color names since I'm a writer

Bethenny: Oh okay

Carole: So it's called A Pop Of Color

Bethenny: Oh that is a very common phrase, she needs to make sure that it is not already Trademarked.  She should file immediately as it would be very dumb not to do so...you can end up spending a ton of your budget on the graphic artist and logo and putting it all over the product and then find out you can't use it.

I do think Kristen had this in works probably way before they started filming the season. If Carole showed up and they were already brainstorming color names....then the colors themselves were already chosen. So if Kristen wanted some guidance or girl power support from Bethenny why didn't she mention this in AC? There was a scene of the Blackjack table - Bethenny, Elvis lover, Kristen...Bethenny had more of a rapport with the Elvis fan...Kristen wasted an opportunity to hock her stuff. She could have just said look what do you think of this color on my nails....I am going to launch a nail polish line soon. She was also in various scenes with Heather, Carole, Luanne, Sonja....all wasted. At the AOA event there were multiple shots of Kristen standing by herself, she could have walked over to Heather or Dorinda or Ramona or her husband OR as a model she could have posed with her hands/nails showing.

Kristen is a dinglebat (a combo of a dingleberry and a dingbat)

Dingleberry and Dingbat now those are good polish names along with Dumb Blond. Sort of a theme...
  • Love 3

I'm guessing you didn't run right out and sign up for yet another reality show when you were in that situation, act like it was such a huge chore to show up and film it, and then put up walls and try to control every interaction with anyone "new" while still expecting to be treated like you were doing everyone a favor by even being there to weep and yell at them?

Too bad Beth doesn't realize that "family" can consist of old and dear friends if you don't have a blood-related family.  Lots of people have no one, but they create "family" with their friends.  Of course, that requires GIVING of yourself as well as letting others in, and Beth is not a giver.

This is really at the root of it all. Didn't both Beth and Andy admit that her original suggestion to Bravo was for her to do her own show, but instead they agreed she would come back here. Wouldn't that mean a greater work load if it was all about her, especially given that she cannot film with her daughter? In some ways maybe it would be easier because she wouldn't have to work around the schedules of the other gals, but how would that be "not calling any attention to herself"? How would it work for her to have a show about her "starting over" and not talk about any of the real stuff that was going on in her life (divorce/custody) on her own reality show?

• Love 15
Wait...huh?....wat?  How did we, the HW sleuths of all sleuths, not know about this?

Carole posted the link to her jewelry on Twitter a few days ago.  Well, she can't do Bravo blogs so I guess Twitter is her only way to communicate.

• Love 3

This is really at the root of it all. Didn't both Beth and Andy admit that her original suggestion to Bravo was for her to do her own show, but instead they agreed she would come back here. Wouldn't that mean a greater work load if it was all about her, especially given that she cannot film with her daughter? In some ways maybe it would be easier because she wouldn't have to work around the schedules of the other gals, but how would that be "not calling any attention to herself"? How would it work for her to have a show about her "starting over" and not talk about any of the real stuff that was going on in her life (divorce/custody) on her own reality show?

Bravo just hasn't figured out a way to justify a 60 minute Skinny Girl infomercial.   By the time Bethenny eliminates blood relatives, her child and her boyfriend we are left with her business and assistants.  Maybe Skinny Girl will be the first brand to market reusable douche.  it could focus on Bethenny giving Summers Eve a run for their money and their disposable douche.  This business  of coming out with some established product and calling it Skinny Girl is getting old.

• Love 8

Here's an interesting article on Beth from 2004, long before her housewives days:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/02/dining/gambling-on-the-lure-of-guiltless-treats.html

She gives a different perspective of her childhood (I haven't read any of her books):

Growing up, Ms. Frankel said, ''I spent 99.5 percent of my evenings at a restaurant.'' Her father's family owned a kosher catering business as well as Knish Knosh, an old-school knish shop in Queens.

Many of her childhood restaurant memories are of Don Pepe's, a family-style Italian place that caters to the Aqueduct crowd. Don Pepe's does not have a menu, and Ms. Frankel did not need one. She ordered baked clams, chicken, mussels and calamari in a marinara sauce and a side of broccoli rabe. The vegetable did not come; the waiter said he had left it out because he felt that she had ordered too much food and would not have eaten it anyway.

• Love 2
(edited)

And I'm giving a suspicious stinkeye to this supposedly burgeoning friendship between Bethenny & Carole.  Moaner was right about Bethenny.  She has no friends, except for the gal-in-a-wig down in Miami.  In her Bravo blog last week she said defensively she has had the same "friends" for 25 years.  Um, I bet she's just referring to that gal-in-a-wig -- and that's about it for B for friends.  Volumes spoken bout B.  Yeah, and all those serious-looking peeps in that boring SkinnyGirl meeting were her "friends" too, eh?

From Bethenny's latest Bravo blog-

"J'adore Carole, and I genuinely consider her a friend, but she has no idea what she is talking about. I never said Kristen didn't register the trademark. I never said Kristen was dumb. I had no idea about either of these things. I simply questioned Kristen choosing a name that is remarkably similar to another much larger brand."

OK, that's how you talk about a "friend", Bethenny?  You want that for a friend, Carole?  Good luck, hun.  Oh Carole, is your pal Satan Andy gonna help you out when Bethenny chews you up & spits you out without nary a pause or thought?  Sure, sure.  Like laughing in the TH's, you ain't bein' smart, Carole.  Well, the writing ain't working out so well & the jewelry is ho-hum, so Carole must need this gig badly enough to follow whatever orders Satan Andy dishes out.  Ah, the poor thing.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

And I'm giving a suspicious stinkeye to this supposedly burgeoning friendship between Bethenny & Carole.  Moaner was right about Bethenny.  She has no friends, except for the gal-in-a-wig down in Miami.  In her Bravo blog last week she said defensively she has had the same "friends" for 25 years.  Um, I bet she's just referring to that gal-in-a-wig -- and that's about it for B for friends.  Volumes spoken bout B.  Yeah, and all those serious-looking peeps in that boring SkinnyGirl meeting were her "friends" too, eh?

From Bethenny's latest Bravo blog-

"J'adore Carole, and I genuinely consider her a friend, but she has no idea what she is talking about. I never said Kristen didn't register the trademark. I never said Kristen was dumb. I had no idea about either of these things. I simply questioned Kristen choosing a name that is remarkably similar to another much larger brand."

Too bad it was beneath her to actually hear Kristin out and then explain that Carole told her a big, fat lie.  Instead, she had to insult Kristin by refusing to acknowledge what she was saying and then run away after sitting down to have a conversation with her.  Beth's rules, Beth's script only, I guess.

• Love 14

I'm having a lazy day in front of the TV and catching up on my guilty pleasures. I just read Dorinda's blog and it seems that Dorinda has hit upon something, you just cant try with Bethenny. You have to let it come naturally or Bethenny goes berserk. In this last episode Bethenny made some comment about how she liked Dorinda, she couldn't explain why just that she did. I believe it's because Dorinda hasn't forced personal conversations, because D has allowed for shallow getting to know you topics and let the progression be natural. Does that make sense?

• Love 10

[snip]

Anyhoo, I did see Sonja once, coming out of the townhouse, with 2 very young kids, a boy & a girl.  I recognized the boy as the intern we've seen a few times this season.  I don't remember the girl, except she had dark hair & looked no more than 19 or so.  I think it was back in January (maybe at the time of filming & there were no cams around).  The boy was carrying an open laptop & she had on that "vampire" outfit she wore to the Berkshires.  Yeah, it was that outfit.  Hard to forget that thing.  I did a double-take -- something we New Yorkers never do -- cuz we've seen everything.  But that outfit?  Oh my goodness.  Even stranger to see in person -- and in the crappy New York winter weather.  Oy, Sonja.

But I thought it was interesting how this thing of having these kids living with her is apparently not just for the show.  They really seem to be around her.  WTF?  I noticed these "interns" had a very different attitude than Bethenny's miserable-looking assistants/slaves.  Oh those poor, poor, poor girls ALWAYS look sooooo miserable.  Oh those poor girls -- how I feel for them, having to endure being tortured all day by Bethenny.  I've had some shitty jobs but never anything that bad.  No, Sonja's "interns" looked kinda happy & eager to help her. Go figure.  Maybe she treats them well in spite of not actually paying them.

Thanks, Scoobs. I loved reading your observation.

Yeah, I kinda imagined Sonja would be nicer and more appreciative than someone like Bethenny. That's one thing her co-stars have always said about Sonja -- that she's sweet. She's scattered and delusional, but she's got a big heart. I can see her interns as sorta faux family members for her since they are associated with people she knows. Her household must be a circus, ya know, what with the plumbing problems, possible HVAC issues, her lack of money, the drinking, the boy-toys, her lifestyle branding, and the Nigerian football team and french cuffs.

• Love 6
(edited)
In this last episode Bethenny made some comment about how she liked Dorinda, she couldn't explain why just that she did. I believe it's because Dorinda hasn't forced personal conversations, because D has allowed for shallow getting to know you topics and let the progression be natural. Does that make sense?

A natural conversation for Beth upon meeting for the first time:

Beth:  Is that your phone?  It's ancient.  Cave man times.  It's too small and too old.

Dorinda:  I keep things that work perfectly fine.  Phones are expensive. 

Beth:  Get off my jock!  Your phone sucks!  Get off my jock!

Edited by izabella
  • Love 7

Dingleberry and Dingbat now those are good polish names along with Dumb Blond. Sort of a theme...

They are good names.  And I don't know why it didn't occur to me before, but I think I have a better name for the orange:  O Face!

Speaking of names, Carole is really attaching hers to that jewelry?  She's got $50 million in the bank and she's willing to lower herself to that?  It's overpriced, derivative, unfashionable, and ugly.  I'm genuinely shocked.  Despite some of her affectations, especially this current season, I've always given her credit for basic good taste.  That looks like the stuff they sell at those kiosks in the mall. I'm going to add "jewelry designer" to the list of things that Carole may not really be.

• Love 4

Holla...Heather....Um Mama.....the camel doesn't want the damn meatball either.

Why are you so upset when the camel is only trying to help you adjust your seating...such a nice camel...this is a fixer camel

1331575507_camel_bites_mans_ass.gif

• Love 5
(edited)

Holla...Heather....Um Mama.....the camel doesn't want the damn meatball either.

Why are you so upset when the camel is only trying to help you adjust your seating...such a nice camel...this is a fixer camel

1331575507_camel_bites_mans_ass.gif

lol  I beg to differ.  Meatball, schmeatball, that camel is clearly attempting to get that man's jock.  ;)

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 3

I don't think I actually said that I excuse it, I only meant to say that I can understand it because of those circumstances. If Bethenny was raised in a functional family, with good core values and parents that were respected and she still exhibited neurosis and uncontrolled behavior, then I could never accept nor excuse it.

Bethenny is a grown woman who states she had a bad childhood. She can check herself in for some therapy at any time to better herself for her own good and the good of her child. Bethenny chooses reality tv instead. She gets no sympathy from me. At some point in life you have to grow up and take control. But if you do that, you're also no longer the poor poor victim. And we know how much our Beth likes clinging to that title.

• Love 13

Yeah, but doesn't it seem laughably ridiculous that anyone would make an excuse for a grown-ass woman's shitty behavior because of her childhood?  Lu did that for Bethenny at Dorinda's birthday dinner.  Seems nuts to me.  

I wonder if there's gonna be any more fake therapy sessions.  Please no.  Get the fuck off my jock, Bethenny.  Stop with the whining & crying & definitely cut off the fake therapy sessions.

• Love 9

OK, that's how you talk about a "friend", Bethenny?  You want that for a friend, Carole?  Good luck, hun.  Oh Carole, is your pal Satan Andy gonna help you out when Bethenny chews you up & spits you out without nary a pause or thought?  Sure, sure.  Like laughing in the TH's, you ain't bein' smart, Carole.  Well, the writing ain't working out so well & the jewelry is ho-hum, so Carole must need this gig badly enough to follow whatever orders Satan Andy dishes out.  Ah, the poor thing.

My friends and I have said "you have no clue what you speaketh of" plenty a times to each other, and we don't get our panties in a bunch, especially when we know we've been creative in our retelling of stories. Perhaps that is why Carol and Beth are still friends.

However, maybe Bethenny should rethink a friendship with someone who feels the need to stir shit between B and others. Is that something you do to a friend?

Yeah, but doesn't it seem laughably ridiculous that anyone would make an excuse for a grown-ass woman's shitty behavior because of her childhood?  Lu did that for Bethenny at Dorinda's birthday dinner.  Seems nuts to me.  

I wonder if there's gonna be any more fake therapy sessions.  Please no.  Get the fuck off my jock, Bethenny.  Stop with the whining & crying & definitely cut off the fake therapy sessions.

Again, I have a totally different take on this than you do. To me, she did exactly what Heather was doing when explaining Ramona to Bethenny, and exactly what Dorinda, Carol and Lu herself did when explaining that Heather's intentions are made of Gold and kissed by angels. Not excusing, just explaining to try and get another person to understand.

I do agree on the less therapy, crying and whining bit. We need more cheese in this cheesy reality show.

• Love 7
(edited)

I can't remember if it was this episode or last episode where Ramona was making faces about the idea of kissing a woman. But wasn't she one pawing at Carole's chest (she was wearing the boobie shirt) in the episode where they went to AC? *side eye*

At Dorinda's Event...didn't one of the ladies comment about and feel up Ramona's boobs? Then she dropped down and did push ups.

I guess Ramona is trying out her insincere Clutch My Pearls Moment.

PIcture Dorinda....don't go coquettish...if you don't want a sandwich don't make a sandwich

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 2
(edited)

And Sonja slurred “You have a hotttt boddddy” to either Bethenny or Kelly on the boat in St. John’s. Although I think it might have been a way to diffuse Kelly, who had just called Bethenny a ho-bag.

We’re seeing a pattern with Sonja! Last season she had Kristen over for spray tanning and was definitely checking her out.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 4
(edited)

And remember when Moaner was humping a doctor's table -- or was it a massage table?  Eh, whatever.  But Sonja said she was getting turned on.  OK then.  Moaner didn't seem to mind.  Why the just-smelled-poop faces at the thought of going lesbian, Moaner?

La, la, la, la, Jason's got a girlfriend.  Will B cry more or not care?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3121984/Is-Bethenny-Frankel-s-estranged-husband-Jason-Hoppy-walks-arm-arm-enjoying-intimate-stroll-mystery-brunette-New-York.html

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6
(edited)

From Dorinda's blog:

That night, it seemed Bethenny was the target. But it was so aggravating because it seemed like there was literally a line forming to take hits at her. Like a line for a picture with Santa at Macy’s, but instead of wishlists, billy clubs and night sticks. As soon as she walked in, the punches started swingin'!

What is she talking about?  There was Lu and Kris.  She implies that Heather was in that line because, "Heather was still upset."  Heather didn't bring up anything. 

From Beth's blog:

As for AOA, I felt like the Don waiting to put out fires and deal with everyone's issues.

What is she talking about?  There was Lu and Kris.  Ego much (Although I am a reality star, I don't always want the spotlight on me.)?

And Lu states in her blog about Ro picking up Avery from the airport. ... You don't ever have to been to be to NY to know that they were not in an 'airport'. 

Sorry, I can't help myself with this stuff........

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 8

This is my view of Bethenny.

I have sympathy for her situation. She married Jason when she was 7 or 8 months pregnant and filed for divorce after 2 years of marriage. They had a pre-nup.

On one hand, I say, pay him off and leave him behind and go forward with your life. On the other hand, I say, phuck that douche, you were only married for 2 years, you had a pre-nup, and he does NOT deserve half of what you have. Bethenny appeared on WWHL recently - and they still are not divorced.

When she signed on to coming back to this season...I think she did it as a platform to hock her Skinny Girl product. She no longer had a talk show and needed a place to hock her shit to a wider audience. A website or Instagram or Twitter will generate sales but add in placing it all over a reality show is like having a commercial without paying as much for a real commerical during a TV show break. I wonder if she thought when signing on...that when filming began her divorce would be final and settled. I imagine during the filming of this season, her lawyers reminded her daily/hourly....you can not say this and you can not let details out re settlement/custody, don't mention this or that or what transpired today during negotiations. It's not that she would have wanted to make this public knowledge on the show....but to be going through something so contentious and not being able to say that phucking douchebag cause the lawyers advised you not to. She's a control freak and being told you can't do something must have put a twist in her jock.

So when she cries for no apparent reason on this show...me just me....I think it is her frustration with the ongoing divorce...so I tune her out and give her a pass. That's not to say every once in a while...it gets to me and annoys me and I want to slap her upside her head.

Anyhoo, just so you know Bunny is multi talented...please to enjoy

funny-gif-bunny-play-piano.gif

I remember hearing some years ago that the authors of the DSM were contemplating the identification of a specific sort of mental disorder based on the emotional difficulties people experience during divorce. It can make people crazy.

I'm not really that convinced by the argument  "well, this person had as bad or even worse experience and didn't act that way, etc"  Comparisons like that make no sense to me. Some people can run a 4 minute mile or pass exams without studying or give a speech without notes or stage fright.   Others can't.  Looks to me like we all have different tolerances, strengths, and  weaknesses and then we work with what we have.

...which brings me, again to Heather.  To me, she is that overbearing type who offers you either carrots or peas for dinner, but as soon as you select carrots, she starts in with "So, what's wrong with the peas?  Why aren't you having peas?  Are you saying you don't like my peas? And after I spend all this time making them...." That is who she is.

See, I don't see Heather as someone who -- to use a popular phase in RH speak-- comes from a place of goodness and caring. Bethenny is a  anxious mess, and Heather wants to fix it, not out of caring, but because of the feelings Bethenny's anxiety wakes up in her.  Heather is really trying to fix her own anxiety, not Bethenny's, which is why she pushes and pushes and pushes way past the point where any truly sensitive and caring person would go and why her behavior is so intrusive and bullying.

• Love 20

I don't know how they are marketing her line exactly but the price is the selling point for me as a consumer. It is half the price of O.P.I, Essie or Sally Hansen for example. If I go into Ricky's, where I assume they carry all these lines, I'll buy POC without hesitating because I am a girl on a budget. 

I won't lie, the packaging is also PRETTY lol.

The brands you mentioned are not twice the price of Kristen's.  Essie and O.P.I. are $7-9, and Kristen's is $8.  I'm a nail polish fanatic, and I have everything from high end to brands like Sinful Colors, which is $1.99 (beautiful colors and they last).  I love Zoya the most (not just because they have a huge color selection, but it's also Big5Free, so healthier), but girls on a budget certainly can find decent polishes for much less than Kristen's.

I think her promo stuff is just awful, btw.  Really poorly done.  The stupid statement about the skyline and the photo of the stacked-up polishes just screams, "Amateur!" to me. Not to mention that NYC-inspired polish has been out there for a long time, so it's hardly original.   And the names of hers have nothing to do with NYC at all.  So what's the connection?  The bottles also don't look user-friendly.  Tall & thin is a recipe for disaster, IMO.  She looks strange in the photo, the actual polish colors should be easier to see, and - above all - what she's trying to sell seems to be just another nail polish.   It's not that she's so well-known that she can just slap her name on something and people will flock to it.   There needs to be a selling point, and I'm not seeing one.

I would never have expected her to be talented at this kind of thing or an astute businesswoman.  I'm just surprised that whoever actually put this whole thing together is doing such a poor job. 

• Love 7

From Dorinda's blog:

That night, it seemed Bethenny was the target. But it was so aggravating because it seemed like there was literally a line forming to take hits at her. Like a line for a picture with Santa at Macy’s, but instead of wishlists, billy clubs and night sticks. As soon as she walked in, the punches started swingin'!

What is she talking about?  There was Lu and Kris.  She implies that Heather was in that line because, "Heather was still upset."  Heather didn't bring up anything. 

From Beth's blog:

As for AOA, I felt like the Don waiting to put out fires and deal with everyone's issues.

What is she talking about?  There was Lu and Kris.  Ego much (Although I am a reality star, I don't always want the spotlight on me.)?

And Lu states in her blog about Ro picking up Avery from the airport. ... You don't ever have to been to be to NY to know that they were not in an 'airport'. 

Sorry, I can't help myself with this stuff........

Sometimes in their blogs they include their recollections of an event, not just what we saw.  Maybe Heather did say or do something.  Certainly a lot more happened than what we were shown, and perhaps if we had been there - or saw an unedited version - Dorinda's comments would make more sense.   She was actually there  and she saw what really happened, knows what was really said, and has much more of a sense of the general atmosphere than we do.  She seems to be a straight-shooter and not prone to exaggeration, so I have no problem with her impressions not exactly matching up with what we were shown.  That's one of the things I like about their blogs - Sometimes they provide insight that we wouldn't have otherwise.

Just a thought!

• Love 7

I don't think it's anything as nefarious as that. I think that Beth's anxiety triggered Heather's impulse to find practical solutions in the moment. Hence why she gave a litany of other food items Beth could eat. Some people are better at listening, others look to problem solve and I think that Heather fits in the latter category. I do think that her trying to lead Beth out of the room for a heart-to-heart was very middle school.

I really used to like Heather but a problem I've had with her is that she always wants to be the go-to person.  Always.  And that's irritating.  She sticks her nose into everyone's business, fully intending to swoop in and be the hero.  Finding practical solutions is fine, but she acts as though she's the only one who can save the day, and she loves that role.  The hosts of the dinner had things well under control, and there was no need for Heather to get involved at all.  It's not as though Bethenny was a 2 y.o. sitting there, left high & dry, with nothing to eat, and no one was helping her.   No solution was needed - There was no problem.   Bethenny mentioned what she couldn't eat, the hosts offered alternatives, and Bethenny said she'd wait to see what was there when the food came out.   Done.  But Heather felt she had to get involved and be "helpful".  And then - most telling - she continued to push & push even when she was asked repeatedly to stop.

I think it goes way beyond simply trying to help and offering advice and solutions.  She seems to have this burning need to be the big problem solver for everyone.  I thought she was beyond rude and self-centered..  I'm very hot & cold about Bethenny, but there are foods I don't eat, and I completely understand why she reacted the way she did.  There was no need for Heather to take this one small thing and turn it into a very big thing.   It's not being helpful if the person doesn't want your help, and if you continue after they've asked you to stop, it really crosses the line from being well-intentioned into making it all about you.

The attempt to take Bethenny into the other room was way too grandstand-y and dramatic for me.  Unless someone is ill, there's no reason to disrupt an entire dinner party with theatrics like that.  She should have sat at the table like a good guest, and then spoken to Bethenny privately later if she felt the need.   Instead, once again, there she was swooping in to "fix things", and treating Bethenny like a child in full view of everyone.  And then she was surprised when her "help" wasn't appreciated, as though she was giving a wonderful gift that had been rejected.

It's fascinating to me when I change my mind about a HW!

• Love 20
(edited)

I really used to like Heather but a problem I've had with her is that she always wants to be the go-to person.  Always.  And that's irritating.  She sticks her nose into everyone's business, fully intending to swoop in and be the hero.  Finding practical solutions is fine, but she acts as though she's the only one who can save the day, and she loves that role.  The hosts of the dinner had things well under control, and there was no need for Heather to get involved at all.  It's not as though Bethenny was a 2 y.o. sitting there, left high & dry, with nothing to eat, and no one was helping her.   No solution was needed - There was no problem.   Bethenny mentioned what she couldn't eat, the hosts offered alternatives, and Bethenny said she'd wait to see what was there when the food came out.   Done.  But Heather felt she had to get involved and be "helpful".  And then - most telling - she continued to push & push even when she was asked repeatedly to stop.

I think it goes way beyond simply trying to help and offering advice and solutions.  She seems to have this burning need to be the big problem solver for everyone.  I thought she was beyond rude and self-centered..  I'm very hot & cold about Bethenny, but there are foods I don't eat, and I completely understand why she reacted the way she did.  There was no need for Heather to take this one small thing and turn it into a very big thing.   It's not being helpful if the person doesn't want your help, and if you continue after they've asked you to stop, it really crosses the line from being well-intentioned into making it all about you.

The attempt to take Bethenny into the other room was way too grandstand-y and dramatic for me.  Unless someone is ill, there's no reason to disrupt an entire dinner party with theatrics like that.  She should have sat at the table like a good guest, and then spoken to Bethenny privately later if she felt the need.   Instead, once again, there she was swooping in to "fix things", and treating Bethenny like a child in full view of everyone.  And then she was surprised when her "help" wasn't appreciated, as though she was giving a wonderful gift that had been rejected.

It's fascinating to me when I change my mind about a HW!

This. All of it. Though I still like Heather, this behavior of hers has bugged since long before this season. She really owed both Bethenny and Dorinda an apology, but did they get one? No, instead it was like she was the only one wronged because she is sheer perfection. She couldn't think about anyone but herself enough to realize that she had a large part in creating an awkward situation at the dinner party, which she was not hosting to beigin with, and it was beyond disrespectful for her to say that she had offered alternatives and "now she eats nothing," as if her alternatives were the only ones that mattered and the hosts efforts were a non factor.

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 14

The brands you mentioned are not twice the price of Kristen's.  Essie and O.P.I. are $7-9, and Kristen's is $8.  I'm a nail polish fanatic, and I have everything from high end to brands like Sinful Colors, which is $1.99 (beautiful colors and they last).  I love Zoya the most (not just because they have a huge color selection, but it's also Big5Free, so healthier), but girls on a budget certainly can find decent polishes for much less than Kristen's.

I think her promo stuff is just awful, btw.  Really poorly done.  The stupid statement about the skyline and the photo of the stacked-up polishes just screams, "Amateur!" to me. Not to mention that NYC-inspired polish has been out there for a long time, so it's hardly original.   And the names of hers have nothing to do with NYC at all.  So what's the connection?  The bottles also don't look user-friendly.  Tall & thin is a recipe for disaster, IMO.  She looks strange in the photo, the actual polish colors should be easier to see, and - above all - what she's trying to sell seems to be just another nail polish.   It's not that she's so well-known that she can just slap her name on something and people will flock to it.   There needs to be a selling point, and I'm not seeing one.

I would never have expected her to be talented at this kind of thing or an astute businesswoman.  I'm just surprised that whoever actually put this whole thing together is doing such a poor job. 

I agree

At one time, Ricky's business was booming but sales have dropped with the emergence of Sephora and Ulta. Sephora and Ulta took what Ricky's did on a larger scale and nationwide in terms of cosmetics. One thing saving Ricky's are the other products they carry i.e. wigs, brushes, seasonal Halloween costumes, hair accessories, flat irons, shapewear.

At one of their Soho locations, a Sephora is one block away and a huge Drug Store chain is 2 stores down. A customer looking for nail polish can pop into any of the 3. The colors Kristen has put out are not unique. Ricky's carries OPI, Essie, Sally Hansen, and other brands. I do wonder what kind of deal they made and what cut is Ricky's going to get. Will Ricky's NOT buy/shelve Kristen's colors from other brands. Or did Ricky's push a vanity line onto Josh/Kristen and already have them invest cash upfront.

You're very observant noticing the poor choice in bottling. It is not user friendly...I see lots of nail polish ending up on the outside of the bottle when someone goes in to dip for more polish.

The print ad is terrible because no one airbrushed/photoshopped all of the various skin shown to bring continuity. It is poorly cropped at the bottom. Whoever took the photograph did not place the hand models hands in the right position...making it obvious those are not Kristen's hands. There is more of Kristen's face, her neck, collar, torso shown than the hand featuring the product. They should have taken a closer shot---just her face with her hands up. The photo they used, my eye is drawn to her face makeup and the weird shadowing of her body.

Kristen absolutely wasted her scene at Ricky's corporate office. Each of her 10 fingers should have had a different one of her shades...with them exposed for the cameras. Carole could have been sitting there saying this one on your thumb let's call Thrust. Instead it became a gigglefest with Kristen making gagging noises. Did anyone notice one of the other ladies at the meeting is a Celebrity Manicurist - what was her input? This is not Kristen target customer. Carole got more talk time than Kristen. Why is Heather not insulted that she wasn't invited instead of Carole or included with Carole? Some of Heather's shapewear is sold at Ricky's so she has history with the chain and she could have thrown in a line about Yummy Tummy for herself.

• Love 5

I can't remember if it was this episode or last episode where Ramona was making faces about the idea of kissing a woman. But wasn't she one pawing at Carole's chest (she was wearing the boobie shirt) in the episode where they went to AC? *side eye*

I had to give Ramona the *side eye* *mmmhmm* combo because she kind of annoyed me with her "ewww gross gross". You don't have to be into women but you also don't have to be disgustingly rude about what other people do. The other reason for the combo is she and Sonja are overly friendly when drunk so I think someone is protesting a little to much.

Me and my girlfriends can get playful and maybe drunkly inappropriate but it's all in good fun, and we also aren't scrunching up our faces about 2 women kissing.

Ramona is so damn judgmental and rude.

• Love 12

I had to give Ramona the *side eye* *mmmhmm* combo because she kind of annoyed me with her "ewww gross gross". You don't have to be into women but you also don't have to be disgustingly rude about what other people do. The other reason for the combo is she and Sonja are overly friendly when drunk so I think someone is protesting a little to much.

Me and my girlfriends can get playful and maybe drunkly inappropriate but it's all in good fun, and we also aren't scrunching up our faces about 2 women kissing.

Ramona is so damn judgmental and rude.

Completely agree. Did you hear her reaction when Carole said that any time Sonja gets drunk she tries to have sex with her? Ramona was shocked, like she had never witnessed this in Sonja. Lu said on the show, and in much more depth in her blog of the AC trip, that as long as she had known Sonja she would want to makeout with her when she was drunk. We saw that last year with Lu as well (I think in Saratoga). Certainly we have seen other times when Sonja and Ramona are all over each other when drunk.

How about the comment from Ramona's friend at the bar that "these are not our kind of people"? That chick was one of Ramona's closest 30+ friends at her birthday party. I am sure that when she said "we" she was including Ramona as part of her ilk.

• Love 8
(edited)

Completely agree. Did you hear her reaction when Carole said that any time Sonja gets drunk she tries to have sex with her? Ramona was shocked, like she had never witnessed this in Sonja. Lu said on the show, and in much more depth in her blog of the AC trip, that as long as she had known Sonja she would want to makeout with her when she was drunk. We saw that last year with Lu as well (I think in Saratoga). Certainly we have seen other times when Sonja and Ramona are all over each other when drunk.

How about the comment from Ramona's friend at the bar that "these are not our kind of people"? That chick was one of Ramona's closest 30+ friends at her birthday party. I am sure that when she said "we" she was including Ramona as part of her ilk.

I missed that comment. Doesn't surprise me, Ramona is a snob, so I assume her friends might have snobbish qualities too. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Sometimes in their blogs they include their recollections of an event, not just what we saw.  Maybe Heather did say or do something.  Certainly a lot more happened than what we were shown, and perhaps if we had been there - or saw an unedited version - Dorinda's comments would make more sense.   She was actually there  and she saw what really happened, knows what was really said, and has much more of a sense of the general atmosphere than we do.  She seems to be a straight-shooter and not prone to exaggeration, so I have no problem with her impressions not exactly matching up with what we were shown.  That's one of the things I like about their blogs - Sometimes they provide insight that we wouldn't have otherwise.

Just a thought!

I understand what you're saying and do see that it can sometimes happen.  However, even Beth stated in her blog that she approached Heather:

I approached Heather, because I really didn't want this to become some insane Housewife rivalry that it isn't.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bethenny-i-never-said-kristen

• Love 6

I understand what you're saying and do see that it can sometimes happen.  However, even Beth stated in her blog that she approached Heather:

I approached Heather, because I really didn't want this to become some insane Housewife rivalry that it isn't.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bethenny-i-never-said-kristen

I was confused by Dorinda's blog as well. She made it sound like everyone was there to confront Beth. We certainly didn't see that. We saw Lu and Kristen. Carole seemed fine with her, as did Ramona, Sonja, Dorinda herself, and even Heather. We saw Beth come to get Heather and say she wanted to talk with her, which Beth backed up in her own retelling of the events in her blog. 

One thing that was interesting in Beth's blog, is that she said she knew something was up with Kristen right away: 

"Now to Kristen. I saw her winding up the whole party and simply couldn't do it. We didn't click."

Since we've seen almost zero interaction between Beth and Kristen at this point, I'm not sure I understand where this is coming from.

• Love 10

I agree

At one time, Ricky's business was booming but sales have dropped with the emergence of Sephora and Ulta. Sephora and Ulta took what Ricky's did on a larger scale and nationwide in terms of cosmetics. One thing saving Ricky's are the other products they carry i.e. wigs, brushes, seasonal Halloween costumes, hair accessories, flat irons, shapewear.

At one of their Soho locations, a Sephora is one block away and a huge Drug Store chain is 2 stores down. A customer looking for nail polish can pop into any of the 3. The colors Kristen has put out are not unique. Ricky's carries OPI, Essie, Sally Hansen, and other brands. I do wonder what kind of deal they made and what cut is Ricky's going to get. Will Ricky's NOT buy/shelve Kristen's colors from other brands. Or did Ricky's push a vanity line onto Josh/Kristen and already have them invest cash upfront.

You're very observant noticing the poor choice in bottling. It is not user friendly...I see lots of nail polish ending up on the outside of the bottle when someone goes in to dip for more polish.

The print ad is terrible because no one airbrushed/photoshopped all of the various skin shown to bring continuity. It is poorly cropped at the bottom. Whoever took the photograph did not place the hand models hands in the right position...making it obvious those are not Kristen's hands. There is more of Kristen's face, her neck, collar, torso shown than the hand featuring the product. They should have taken a closer shot---just her face with her hands up. The photo they used, my eye is drawn to her face makeup and the weird shadowing of her body.

I knew something was off on the photo but now that you mentioned it, I can't not see the fake hands.

Not to mention it, I don't think her profile is her best feature.  She's got a beak of a nose.  

• Love 1

Yes, I had read Bethenny's blog, and I never said that she didn't approach Heather.  My point was that someone who was actually there certainly has a better idea of what the atmosphere in the room was like.  Dorinda said it seemed as though everyone was lined up to get to Bethenny, and - even though it may not have appeared that way to us - it certainly could have appeared that way to Dorinda and to other people who were there.  

The fact that Bethenny approached Heather doesn't negate the fact that Bethenny may very well have felt like a target.   I don't think Dorinda has any reason to lie about that being her impression.  Certainly Dorinda's feelings about what she observed and what it felt like to be there are more valid than ours.  She experienced the event in real time.  We simply watched a shorter, edited version.

• Love 7

At the beginning of this episode...they showed the conclusion of Dorinda's Birthday dinner.

Last weeks episode - the last part was this dinner.

I can recall every housewife saying something...at the table.

Carole

Heather

Bethenny

Sonja

Dorinda

Luanne

Ramona

John

even Jonathan

even Dorinda's BIL was whispering to Bethenny and Sonja

Does anyone remember Josh or Kristen saying anything? Other than the shot of Kristen leaning into John during the fight between Bethenny & Heather what did we get from those 2? Was it the cricket symphony? Or do you think everything they contributed to the dinner was edited out?

Does anyone remember Josh or Kristen saying anything? Other than the shot of Kristen leaning into John during the fight between Bethenny & Heather what did we get from those 2? Was it the cricket symphony? Or do you think everything they contributed to the dinner was edited out?

No.  I don't think Kristen said anything.  If she did, it was edited out.

Speaking of editing......I noticed something on a rewatch of the dinner at the steak house.  They were discussing Dorinda's birthday dinner and Bethenny said that when she arrived Heather told her "we were just talking about your situation."    That was a mistake.  Who greets someone struggling with any situation that way?

• Love 4

And to get vintage for a second, Ramona was seen in one of the early seasons being *very* friendly with another woman (not a cast member) in her Hamptons pool.  I remember because at the time, Avery referred to her as a "lesbo" and had that same face-scrunching reaction Ramona is having now.  

• Love 4

Yes, I had read Bethenny's blog, and I never said that she didn't approach Heather. My point was that someone who was actually there certainly has a better idea of what the atmosphere in the room was like. Dorinda said it seemed as though everyone was lined up to get to Bethenny, and - even though it may not have appeared that way to us - it certainly could have appeared that way to Dorinda and to other people who were there.

The fact that Bethenny approached Heather doesn't negate the fact that Bethenny may very well have felt like a target. I don't think Dorinda has any reason to lie about that being her impression. Certainly Dorinda's feelings about what she observed and what it felt like to be there are more valid than ours. She experienced the event in real time. We simply watched a shorter, edited version.