Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Everyone experiences and feels things differently. I am a Family Services Counselor for At Need families in a funeral home/cemetery combo and I see families come in everyday and they each feel their loss differently. I mostly help families who have lost children (usually because my co-workers shy away from these families) and I've seen families grieve over the death of their children but no two families "feel" the same way. To marginalize Bethenny's experience because it could be worse is a disservice to her and any other parent that doesn't have their child as much as they want to be with them.

I agree with you that everyone experiences things differently.  And my God, the death of a child is the worst thing that could happen to any parent.  And I don't know how you deal with these families.  I give you so much credit for that.

I'm not marginalizing Beth's shared custody arrangements.  As I stated, it sucks.  What I was saying in response to a post is that Heather does understand how precious a child is.  To me, that post was marginalizing Heather.  She does know. 

Add to this, Bethenny is so devastated about her time with her child yet signs up for a reality show that she doesn't need.  If she wanted, she could spend every second of the time she has with Bryn being with her.  She doesn't have to agree to do anything that interferes with this time.  But she doesn't.  This is why it's so hard for many of us to sympathize with her.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 11

Oops my bad...

eBoost is the name of Josh's company. I think it's an energy drink...or a powder you add to water to make it a drink. Previous seasons....Josh walked around with something on his body advertising eBoost.

Well, the names are so memorable, it's easy for one to drop off the radar.

I do know what eBoost is.  I was just musing about whether it has any meaning for the rest of the world, which I think it probably doesn't.  And it also doesn't make sense as the name of a nail polish.  But she probably does owe him one for setting up a business for her.

I think your idea is great! Very clever. I also agree with you about the toaster oven cookbook thing. You have a lot of marketing and branding savvy! The HoWives should look you up.

That's very sweet of you.  And very wrong.  I'm sure there's a tuna fish sandwich out there somewhere with more marketing savvy than I have.   So I guess that means there's Kristen, then me, then a tuna sandwich, in that order.

• Love 3

It's not outside the realm of possibility that B, seeing H's tears, reassessed her behavior without help from the public. And wanted shit to end already.

It's been more than once that I've said or done something crappy and hurt someone's feelings and felt contrite afterwards and tried to apologize for it.  To me, it shows that there is a heart in that skinny little body of Bethenny's.  Only coldhearted people turn a blind eye to someone's hurt feelings.

• Love 8
(edited)
And if there was a color I really loved, or one I really wanted to wear for some special occasion--I'd just bring my own polish to the nail salon.  That way I knew I'd get what I wanted, not just what they had.  Do people not do that anymore?

I used to do that, when I was trying different salons and didn't know what they'd have or the condition of the bottles. Now I have a salon I love and mostly stick to certain OPI colors so I keep a few bottles at home for touchups. I'm an OPI girl but gonna look at this Butter London line!

Edited to add: Not that interested in Kristen's, unfortunately.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2
It's been more than once that I've said or done something crappy and hurt someone's feelings and felt contrite afterwards and tried to apologize for it.  To me, it shows that there is a heart in that skinny little body of Bethenny's. Only coldhearted people turn a blind eye to someone's hurt feelings.

I rewatched the scene with Heather at the dinner table. Bethenny refuses to be taken to another room, but then does go over to Heather and try to settle the situation, explain, and make peace. Seems to me she was genuinely trying to apologize and get Heather to understand her point of view, and not in a harsh way at all. She knew she had upset and confused Heather and was attempting to fix things.

• Love 9
(edited)

Am I the only one here who doesn't hate anyone on RHONY?

All the women have their faults and sometimes behave badly.  I am surprised at some of the Bethenny hatred I've seen here though.   I like Bethenny and this will probably be considered a defense of Bethenny by some but it's really not.  (At least I don't think it is)  LOL

I'm surprised that people are berating her for participating on a reality show.  She shares custody so half of her time is free.  Many of the events we've seen are at night and her daughter is sleeping.  We all know she doesn't need the money but Bethenny is a Type A personality and can't just sit at home.  It's not in her nature.  

Yes, she's cried a lot this season.   Some of that is probably real and some producer driven.  She wouldn't get upset and seem to be "sucking the life" out of the room if people would stop asking her about her custody/divorce.   These women are adults; many of them have businesses.  We all know that it's a big world and there other topics of conversation.  That doesn't seem to matter on the HW's shows though.  The producers encourage (instruct?) the cast to get into each other's business.  

I've read comments that say if Bethenny wants to be left alone, she shouldn't be on the show.  I sincerely doubt that she means that she wants to be all alone in a room somewhere and have no contact with the outside world.  She means "don't ask me about my custody/divorce."    Those inquiries are probably all producer driven to get Bethenny upset and add drama and conflict to the show anyway.  Bethenny's divorce and custody arrangements have been widely publicized so these women already know all about it.  And when I say "women"...........I'm referring mostly to Heather.  She just can't let it go.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 15
(edited)

She wasn't genuinely trying to do anything. She herself doesn't make this claim. She pretty much said she did that to get Heather to back off. It was her way of neutralizing Heather. 

All the women have their faults and sometimes behave badly.  I am surprised at some of the Bethenny hatred I've seen here though.   

I don't hate any of them either. I like some, can take or leave most and just want one of them to go away. It doesn't mean I hate them.

You are surprised at the hate directed at Bethenny only? What about all the vitriol against the others not named Bethenny? Is it more deserving? 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 8

All the women have their faults and sometimes behave badly.  I am surprised at some of the Bethenny hatred I've seen here though.   I like Bethenny and this will probably be considered a defense of Bethenny by some but it's really not.  (At least I don't think it is)  LOL

I'm surprised that people are berating her for participating on a reality show.  She shares custody so half of her time is free.  Many of the events we've seen are at night and her daughter is sleeping.  We all know she doesn't need the money but Bethenny is a Type A personality and can't just sit at home.  It's not in her nature.  

Yes, she's cried a lot this season.   Some of that is probably real and some producer driven.  She wouldn't get upset and seem to be "sucking the life" out of the room if people would stop asking her about her custody/divorce.   These women are adults; many of them have businesses.  We all know that it's a big world and there other topics of conversation.  That doesn't seem to matter on the HW's shows though.  The producers encourage (instruct?) the cast to get into each other's business.  

I've read comments that say if Bethenny wants to be left alone, she shouldn't be on the show.  I sincerely doubt that she means that she wants to be all alone in a room somewhere and have no contact with the outside world.  She means "don't ask me about my custody/divorce."    Those inquiries are probably all producer driven to get Bethenny upset and add drama and conflict to the show anyway.  Bethenny's divorce and custody arrangements have been widely publicized so these women already know all about it.  And when I say "women"...........I'm referring mostly to Heather.  She just can't let it go.

Who all is asking Beth about her custody arrangements or divorce?

As for Heather, the only conversation is one that we didn't see from the beginning and it starts with clarification from Beth about the time she has with Bryn.  We have no idea of how the conversation got there.  Add to that, Beth continued the conversation.  If she was uncomfortable, why didn't she just end it.  It's not like Beth is shy about stating her feelings.

• Love 6

You are surprised at the hate directed at Bethenny only? What about all the vitriol against the others not makes Bethenny? Is it more deserving? 

I don't read all the threads so maybe I've missed some of the comments about the other cast members.  I've seen criticism of them but not to the level of "get her off my TV" like I've seen about Bethenny.

• Love 4

I do know what eBoost is.  I was just musing about whether it has any meaning for the rest of the world, which I think it probably doesn't. 

Ouch.  Not good news for Josh.  But again with the marketing - a smart call.  He's trying to maximize the eBoost name wherever he can.

That's very sweet of you.  And very wrong.  I'm sure there's a tuna fish sandwich out there somewhere with more marketing savvy than I have.   So I guess that means there's Kristen, then me, then a tuna sandwich, in that order.

No, girl, you're wrong!  (I'm channeling Bethenny).  You showed a lot more smarts than Sonja, at least.  (I know that's not saying much).  Maybe you need a little...hubris?

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't hate any of them. I find Carole annoying but more in a "ugh" way (and then I enjoy snarking about her), the others are on a scale of like a lot (Dorinda) to doesn't register much with me (Kirsten, Kristen, what's Pretty Girl's name again?). I can't imagine hating anyone on these HoWife shows. That's a level of emotional investment that is way beyond me.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7

Ouch.  Not good news for Josh.  But again with the marketing - a smart call.  He's trying to maximize the eBoost name wherever he can.

What is eBoost?  I'm obviously missing something.

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree with you that everyone experiences things differently.  And my God, the death of a child is the worst thing that could happen to any parent.  And I don't know how you deal with these families.  I give you so much credit for that.

I'm not marginalizing Beth's shared custody arrangements.  As I stated, it sucks.  What I was saying in response to a post is that Heather does understand how precious a child is.  To me, that post was marginalizing Heather.  She does know. 

Add to this, Bethenny is so devastated about her time with her child yet signs up for a reality show that she doesn't need.  If she wanted, she could spend every second of the time she has with Bryn being with her.  She doesn't have to agree to do anything that interferes with this time.  But she doesn't.  This is why it's so hard for many of us to sympathize with her.

My point was that Bethenny and Heather could be going through the exact same thing but they will each experience it and feel differently. For the ladies or anyone to judge Bethenny based on their own experiences is unfair. In this custody situation she's experiencing it alone without the support that Heather or Kristin have from their mates. Bethenny has her reasons for doing the show, some we may be able to guess at but I'm sure there are others that we can not guess. Does she need to do the show, maybe not, but she's doing it and she's managed to negotiated a sweetheart deal that the ladies and many viewers seem to resent (how the hell do you spell that?).

BTW, I love my work, I come home exhausted after helping these families plan one of the most horrible events they'll ever have to experience, their child's funeral but at the end of the day I feel like I've done something to help someone at a time they needed it most. Couldn't ask for a more fulfilling job.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 6

Bunny raises hand...I can snark about any of them even the ones I like. Every one of them may do something that annoys me, but I don't "hate" any of them.

As for the custody/divorce and all details should be transparent because you signed up for a reality show - I don't agree.

Years ago, Luanne was dumped by the Count for the Ethiopian Princess...I believe he did this to her via social media...or she heard about it at the same time the public knew. She said this at a reunion. Never...did any of the other housewives ask Luanne for details during the filming of the show while she was going through her divorce. They didn't say...oh did you sign a pre-nup, who gets custody of the kids, which properties are yours, how much are you gonna get?.... In fact I can't recall any questions, or any conversations where the other ladies are gossiping about her situation. The next thing I recall is Jacques in the box popping up. Even Ramona at last year's reunion, Andy questioned her about her and Mario. Ramona refused to answer the question and kept changing the subject and she got pissed. Now this year Ramona is talking about it but she's very vague...has she even said I filed for divorce this season? So yes...Bethenny does bring up some things...but she is also very vague about it and that's okay with me - cause when she starts crying I kind of tune her out for the most part.

• Love 4

Bethenny, imo, does suck the air and fun out of the room. Why not take the approach now of being a mother and bonding with the women with young children or even being interested in them? Or change the subject?  Or giving an ounce of saying something nice to someone - like loving their home or dress or hair. 

To me BF just takes the crap and dishes out more and doesn't even try to be cordial. And she signed up for this. 

I actually find Kristen's nail polish colors ugly.

• Love 6

Who all is asking Beth about her custody arrangements or divorce?

As for Heather, the only conversation is one that we didn't see from the beginning and it starts with clarification from Beth about the time she has with Bryn.  We have no idea of how the conversation got there.  Add to that, Beth continued the conversation.  If she was uncomfortable, why didn't she just end it.  It's not like Beth is shy about stating her feelings.

Thank you, thank you. I keep reading that part of Beth's problem is that everyone keeps bringing it up and I have no idea what they are talking about. Maybe they were and it all got edited out, but except for the brief conversation we saw with Heather, one which Beth was engaged in and didn't protest, I've got nothing. I started to wonder yestereday if people were confusing the Ramona questions about her divorce with Bethenny.

• Love 11

My point was that Bethenny and Heather could be going through the exact same thing but they will each experience it and feel differently. For the ladies or anyone to judge Bethenny based on their own experiences is unfair. In this custody situation she's experiencing it alone without the support that Heather or Kristin have from their mates. Bethenny has her reasons for doing the show, some we may be able to guess at but I'm sure there are others that we can not guess. Does she need to do the show, maybe not, but she's doing it and she's managed to negotiated a sweetheart deal that the ladies and many viewers seem to resent.

BTW, I love my work, I come home exhausted after helping these families plan one of the most horrible events they'll ever have to experience, their child's funeral but at the end of the day I feel like I've done something to help someone at a time they needed it most. Couldn't as for a more fulfilling job.

I get what you're saying.  I cringed when Ro made her little speech about everyone goes through things.  I would never equate divorce with the death of the spouse, etc.  And many of these things are debatable - is the death of a spouse worse than shared custody?  But as I said, the death of your child, IMO, trumps all - it bugs the hell out of me when I've heard housewives say that divorce is the worst thing that a woman can go through. 

And yes, we do experience things differently but we'll have to agree to disagree as to any reason why Beth is doing the show when she obviously is in pain about her daughter.  And that's ok.

Again, kudo's to you on your work.  I just can't imagine how draining it can be but the rewards for you must be great.  I couldn't do it.  I'm glad you are.

• Love 3
(edited)

Thank you, thank you. I keep reading that part of Beth's problem is that everyone keeps bringing it up and I have no idea what they are talking about. Maybe they were and it all got edited out, but except for the brief conversation we saw with Heather, one which Beth was engaged in and didn't protest, I've got nothing. I started to wonder yestereday if people were confusing the Ramona questions about her divorce with Bethenny.

Now you have me wondering too. Maybe it is the editing. I'm not too proud to admit that when it comes to watching many of these dinners, gatherings, events, etc., I have the attention span of a gnat. There were a few times I've heard Bethenny say things like "I'd rather eat glass than talk about it." Those comments have to be in response to someone's inquiry but I'm at a loss to quote whatever it was. Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

You showed a lot more smarts than Sonja, at least.

Boy, set the bar low, why don't you?!  I realized afterward that I didn't even put Sonja on that list with the tuna sandwich.

He can't go by me.  Maybe they don't bother marketing up here in the boonies.

• Love 1
Why are the "hellos" the thing the editors decided to keep in?

If you mean the greetings as they arrived at dinner (the four of them)- I love those.  I feel like those are real moments, before they've all settled in to do the work of making a reality show by having awkward conversations about topics production suggests..  

The name "eBoost" makes me think of a tech company, like it makes something to speed up your hard drive or wi-fi connection.  But it's not high quality, it's one of those things you see in cheap, really long commercials during crappy shows late at night.  Does the "e" stand for "electrolytes" or something other than "energy?"

• Love 1

Ah, but Heather does understand how precious and crucial the time the time one has with a child. She has a child who was born with a life threatening medical condition and still deals with it (a liver transplant) and now with additional medical problems (loss of hearing) plus maybe other things we don't know about. Heather chose not to use this as her 'tough' time. But we've seen in the past a glimpse into it. She doesn't wear it.

Yes, it's sucks having shared custody but Beth only seems to look at things as the worst when actually it isn't. It could be much worse.

"Hat off" to your comments. Exactement!

Everyone experiences and feels things differently. I am a Family Services Counselor for At Need families in a funeral home/cemetery combo and I see families come in everyday and they each feel their loss differently. I mostly help families who have lost children (usually because my co-workers shy away from these families) and I've seen families grieve over the death of their children but no two families "feel" the same way. To marginalize Bethenny's experience because it could be worse is a disservice to her and any other parent that doesn't have their child as much as they want to be with them.

• Love 1
(edited)

No, but all opinions should be welcome, right?  Let's hope you agree with this anyway.  I'm not seeing all so much "hate" on anyone.  That's part of the prob with this show.  Not much to inspire passionate hatred or love for anybody.  And that's why I don't think Bethenny (or anyone else on the show) is "polarizing", as Bethenny & Satan Andy were shoving the notion at us on WWHL.  

As far as Bethenny goes, I don't love or hate her.  I can say I'm deeply disappointed in what we mostly seem to be getting from her -- non-stop whining & crying & plugging SkinnyGirl.  This isn't at all why I found her interesting to watch before.  Sure, she's annoying, but Bethenny was always annoying.  But I liked watching her before.  And I'm not especially digging her now.

I mean, let's take Bethenny's convo with Lu, for instance.  She was totally right to take Lu down for her phony bullshit.  Lu came up to her under the guise of seeing if she was alright.  And then Lu berates her for the way B behaved to Heather.  Lu was full of crap & she was just being a fucking slithery snake -- as usual.  And B was on target for calling her out for it.  OK, maybe Lu had good reason to do this.  She was using ANY excuse to interact with Bethenny cuz that's the ONLY way any of these women are gonna get camera time now.  It's just the logistics of the show, now that it's The Bethenny Show.

What I don't get is that B is now saying Lu is OK.  Well, no, she really isn't.  She's still a fucking slithery snake.  And the old broke Bethenny would have said that.  But new rich Bethenny doesn't.  Is it cuz she's a phony now -- just like Lu?  Don't know about that, but she sure doesn't seem like the "voice of truth", the way she had been when she was on the show before.  Maybe Dorinda has this role now cuz it sure seems like Bethenny doesn't -- or least not consistently, as she did previously,  Again, I'm not hating on Bethenny for this.  I'm just observing & I'm disappointed by it.

I was sorta bugged by Bethenny calling herself a "reality star" in her Bravo blog.  I was scratching my head trying to figure out why that bugged me.  It's not off base.  Not at all.  She's getting paid a million bucks.  She is a reality star.  Maybe it's her calling herself one that rubs me the wrong way.  Is it something others should be left to label rather than doing it yourself?  Like saying you are good looking or beautiful?  Sounds obnoxious if you say this about yourself?  Eh, maybe Bethenny is just in boasting mode these days.

Carole is doing a lot of laughing in her TH's.  Bad move, Carole.

Man, Moaner is such a prude.

Have to say, I was really annoyed by the way Bethenny was saying she didn't wanna go down on anyone & seemed (to me) to imply she was single.  Shady.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
(edited)

This is true. However, Bethenney's child is not dead. She is experiencing quite a few heavy emotions and stress(esp. in connection to her daughter surrounding her absences) but Bethenny needs to place her sights on a more positive view. Her child is not burdened by life threatening illnesses and the myriad of the harsh medical manipulations therein. Often, Bethenny is able to design her work schedule with her daughter at the forefront. So, yes, people experience LIFE EVENTS differently but Bethenny needs to realize that : Her child is not Ill, thereby escaping an unfathomable fear and exhaustion. And, she does not need this show to provide for her child. I am fairly certain quite a few divorced " single" mothers could not even conceive the FREEDOM in belaying financial and childcare worries. Plenty of parents rarely "see" their children due to working 1, 2, and ,sometimes, 3 jobs. Bethenny has a HEALTHY child --she needs to gain perspective.

(My statements are in relation to "bagger's" comments with no negativity and no malice aforethought.) :-)

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 10

I But the actual business part of her "empire" is all controlled by actual business people (many who I believe have been proven to be her awful daddy's friends). She's had partners that have handled her business since day 1.

This! The connections and privilege provided by her mom stepdad and Bobby Frankel (and the dough he left her) are waaaay underplayed in her success story. I always think back to her book where she moves to LA gets drunk totals her dads luxury car (Mercedes?) and when he buys her an inexpensive American replacement she's gutted by his rudeness and cruelty. Eye roll.

• Love 6

When I still lived in NYC--and still had nails!--I was a total polish hoarder.  Cheap, expensive, tacky, classy, didn't matter.  And if there was a color I really loved, or one I really wanted to wear for some special occasion--I'd just bring my own polish to the nail salon.  That way I knew I'd get what I wanted, not just what they had.  Do people not do that anymore?  And if they do, wouldn't it be a possible sales hook for someone like Kristen with a brand that isn't already in the salons?  A real question--I have no clue.  Like, instead of calling it POC (which makes me think of Piece of Crap, unfortunately), she could call it BYOP (Bring Your Own Polish).  I don't think it's a bad idea.  (And if she steals it, she owes me a car.  Just ask LuAnn.)

You don't see this very much, but when I've seen it, it's always been older women. Not sure why that is. That said, when I spent all that money on the Butter London stuff the other night, I decided that I'll bring them to salon. That way I feel like I'm not wasting QUITE that much money. I think it's a good idea, actually. But, for me, it would have to be a polish that I really, really loved. Butter London polishes are amazing, so it makes sense to me. I do like the idea of knowing the condition of the polish I'm getting since you never know if they water them down or if they're old etc. 

This has been my favorite franchise for the past few years (post-Jill) because I genuinely liked all of them. Thank God there is no Brandi or Kim here. However, Kristen is coming close to the hate side for me. It's not so much hate actually as it is why are you here? The starting small/muffin comment really bugged me. She's got this "trying too hard" combined with arrogance delivery sometimes where you feel like someone fed her the line and she's just terrible at delivering it. I mean, call me when you've started something and been successful, please. Who needs a bunch of helpers to start a fashion blog for god's sake? 15 year old girls around the world do it every day and a lot of them make serious bank doing it.

• Love 7

I don't think that the Bethenny hate is disproportionate to the level of exposure she's received this season. I mostly like them all and just dislike certain things about each of them except Kristen and even then when she's not on my screen I'm apathetic about her. When she's being seen she annoys me because she's so desperately trying to be relevant and failing miserably.

Oddly enough my two absolute favorites on this franchise are Heather and Bethenny. If anything I want more interaction between them even if they are at odds. I'm looking forward to the scene by the pool that we've been teased with where Bethenny tells Heather that if she seems like a know it all it's because maybe she does (I paraphrase). Do they both annoy me at times? Sure but mostly because well they're human and they can't please everyone all the time. 

• Love 1

I've read comments that say if Bethenny wants to be left alone, she shouldn't be on the show.  I sincerely doubt that she means that she wants to be all alone in a room somewhere and have no contact with the outside world.  She means "don't ask me about my custody/divorce."    Those inquiries are probably all producer driven to get Bethenny upset and add drama and conflict to the show anyway.  Bethenny's divorce and custody arrangements have been widely publicized so these women already know all about it.

Bethenny's Tag line is that she IS real! except when it's a topic, live in boyfriend, or confrontation she wants "left alone". I respect your view of her AnnA just pointing out how it looks to me when she says she wants a wall up. Um, you signed up for a REALITY show, girl. I'd love to see her boyfriend drama, and REAL personal issues we're so getting cheated.

• Love 9

I don't know if any of you listen to Podcasts.

There are 2 men (Ben & Ronnie) who have a podcast called Watch What Crappens...they post 2 a week.

Usually by Tuesday/Wednesday - they talk about all of the Bravo shows that aired Sunday/Monday

Then by Thursday/Friday they will talk about the shows that aired Tuesday/Wednesday

They both reside in California. Ben (true fact) lives in the building next to MJ from Shahs. Sometimes they have juicy gossip. They make fun of all of the HW's and do impressions. I've been fading on and off this site because I have been listening to their 2nd podcast of the week. I'm cracking up cause their impression of Bethenny make her sound like Woody Allen.

Sounds fun! Link ? :-)

Oddly enough my two absolute favorites on this franchise are Heather and Bethenny. If anything I want more interaction between them even if they are at odds.

Oddly enough my two absolute not-favorites are Heather and Bethenny.  If anything I want more interaction between them even if they are at odds. 

Now you've got me wondering, bagger.  Maybe they're NOT my not-favorites and actually are my favorites because I do want to see more interaction between them.  Especially when they are at odds. LOL. Calling Heather and Bethenny my favorites would take some getting used to for sure.

• Love 1

She did.  That's what the orange is called.  I personally think it's a pretty bad name.  Does anybody know what it refers to?

Edited to add:  By "anybody" I meant potential buyers.  Obviously we do, but we don't count for much of a market share, I don't think.  Unless we all really like orange nails a lot.

I like orange nails and tend to change my color each time I go....there are favorites and more neutral tones I use as a fall back for work or a for a season. Naming it eBoost Orange was a smart way to give some publicity for her husband's business. Maybe they will name some other colors with the flavor drink choices eBoost has.

In my old neighborhood, i was friendly with the owner. She was Korean and owned a total of 4 stores. They would look at trends and what their customers favored. Any color they didn't have that people were requesting or using- they would use their connections and copy the color and slap on their own private label brand as well as bottling them in the store bottles that had no company name. In fact there was a wide belief that some of the name brands they carried such as Opi - were refilled with their own nail polish they mixed on the cheap.

Do you remember the hard candy craze...they copied every single color

• Love 1

This! The connections and privilege provided by her mom stepdad and Bobby Frankel (and the dough he left her) are waaaay underplayed in her success story. I always think back to her book where she moves to LA gets drunk totals her dads luxury car (Mercedes?) and when he buys her an inexpensive American replacement she's gutted by his rudeness and cruelty. Eye roll.

I have never read anything to back this up. Why on earth would anyone think that Bethenny's business connections and partners came from her father's racetrack connections? Also her father was married at his time of death (Iirc) and his estate was passed to his wife. Unless he specifically left B something in his will or she attested the will, she got nothing.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think comparing Bethenny's situation to parents whose children die is not cool.

I lost a 3 year old. What I'd give to see him every other week.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 4

I think comparing Bethenny's situation to parents whose children die is not cool.

ButterQueen - so sorry for your loss. Virtual hugs to you. 

Oddly enough my two absolute not-favorites are Heather and Bethenny.  If anything I want more interaction between them even if they are at odds. 

Now you've got me wondering, bagger.  Maybe they're NOT my not-favorites and actually are my favorites because I do want to see more interaction between them.  Especially when they are at odds. LOL. Calling Heather and Bethenny my favorites would take some getting used to for sure.

Maybe it goes back to that thing Andy said - there are some HW's you love to hate, right? I cannot stand Ramona, but I always enjoy her segments because I am certain she will give me something to snark on or another reason to believe she is basically horrible. 

• Love 7

Ha! It's a fine line between love and hate.I think. When Heather got up to take Bethenny by the hand I wanted to punch her in the face and every time Bethenny cries I want to kick her feet out from under her but they're both undeniably smart, driven and mostly quick on their feet when it come to the "come back." I would enjoy them teaming up and being friends and I enjoy them going at each other. The fact is that their interactions this season have been the most compelling to me. Other than Kristen I find something charming about the other ladies but waiting to see how Bethenny and Heather get themselves out of this little skirmish they have going on keeps me watching every week and reading these blogs.

I'm very sorry for your loss and if I offended you I apologize but I was not comparing her situation to someone who's child has died. I was merely trying to express that we all, including the cast experiences their pain differently. What might seem to us as not the worst thing in the world to Bethenny may be tragic.

• Love 6

Am I the only the only one who keeps reading 'polish' as 'polish' (as in something or someone from Poland)?  I was doing this even before Trooper brought up it up.

Um...it was nail polish pronunciation until you brought up Trooper York...now I want to head to Williamsburg and pick up some peirogies. LOL

• Love 2

Um...it was nail polish pronunciation until you brought up Trooper York...now I want to head to Williamsburg and pick up some peirogies. LOL

Wait.  There are pierogies in Williamsburg?  Are we talking Colonial Williamsburg?  Because I've been talking to ZaldamoWilder about ditching my husband and son while they do a tour of D.C. and Williamsburg this summer and going to NYC for a meet up and a walk past Sonja's.  But Williamsburg is known for it's pierogi?  The passion is real.

• Love 3

I don't read all the threads so maybe I've missed some of the comments about the other cast members.  I've seen criticism of them but not to the level of "get her off my TV" like I've seen about Bethenny.

Head over to Heather's thread, you might change your mind ;)

I think Andy is wrong when he says a HW is polarizing.  He fails to see the vast spectrum  between hate and love.  It is black or white thinking.  No grays.

I don't love any HW nor do I hate any HW.  I see behaviors and comment/snark on them.  

For me, in the past, I enjoyed Bethy but now, for the most part, she is annoying.   Not evil, just annoying. I enjoyed her composure at her  business summit.  I do not enjoy the whining in other episodes.

Same holds true for how I see Heather.  I see no evil intent in her with regards to interactions with Bethy.   She is failing to see the lie of the land and is pushing too hard.  I enjoyed that she backed off at the AOA bar and hope she continues that course.  If she doesn't, well, I shall comment/snark on that.

No halos.   No horns.  

I take that back, Sonja is sometimes a little horny ;)

• Love 7

Bethenny does look practically unrecognizable in that pic. It looks like she's trying to be one of the Jenner girls.

And yes, "Fat Girl" really is a product line for Bliss. It's all stuff designed to minimize appearance of cellulite, from skin massagers to overnight creams.

Wait.  There are pierogies in Williamsburg?  Are we talking Colonial Williamsburg?  Because I've been talking to ZaldamoWilder about ditching my husband and son while they do a tour of D.C. and Williamsburg this summer and going to NYC for a meet up and a walk past Sonja's.  But Williamsburg is known for it's pierogi?  The passion is real.

I think she means Williamsburg, the neighborhood in Brooklyn. But hah!

• Love 4

Ha! I'm still learning to navigate this site, and even though I have an entire tech department at my disposal - I ain't askin nobody nuffin....TWOP and Previously and the HW are my secret taboo.

Attempting link now

https://soundcloud.com/watch-what-crappens/

Podcast 193: RHNY & Shahs reunion

Podcast 192: RHOC & Married To Medicine

Thanks, wabbit!  (meant in an friendly way to a fellow poster with a sense of humor)  ;)

I shall listen while I work.

• Love 2

Williamsburg Brooklyn...very downtown and eclectic.

On one of the blocks...there's a grouping of Polish restaurants...and a tiny little place that makes fresh pierogies daily and they sell them in bags of 20 for you to take home and cook/heat the way you like. That healthy snack I just had is now forgotten...damn you Trooper!

PS Ramona has probably never heard of it since it's in Brooklyn. LOL

• Love 3

There is a nail salon around here called "The Polish Bar" My boyfriend and I  always pronounce it "The Polish (nationality) Bar" There is also "The European Wax.Shop" where they wax Europeans We've  never asked if it was cars or people.

• Love 6
(edited)

I have never read anything to back this up. Why on earth would anyone think that Bethenny's business connections and partners came from her father's racetrack connections? Also her father was married at his time of death (Iirc) and his estate was passed to his wife. Unless he specifically left B something in his will or she attested the will, she got nothing.

This is my view of Bethenny.

I have sympathy for her situation. She married Jason when she was 7 or 8 months pregnant and filed for divorce after 2 years of marriage. They had a pre-nup.

On one hand, I say, pay him off and leave him behind and go forward with your life. On the other hand, I say, phuck that douche, you were only married for 2 years, you had a pre-nup, and he does NOT deserve half of what you have. Bethenny appeared on WWHL recently - and they still are not divorced.

When she signed on to coming back to this season...I think she did it as a platform to hock her Skinny Girl product. She no longer had a talk show and needed a place to hock her shit to a wider audience. A website or Instagram or Twitter will generate sales but add in placing it all over a reality show is like having a commercial without paying as much for a real commerical during a TV show break. I wonder if she thought when signing on...that when filming began her divorce would be final and settled. I imagine during the filming of this season, her lawyers reminded her daily/hourly....you can not say this and you can not let details out re settlement/custody, don't mention this or that or what transpired today during negotiations. It's not that she would have wanted to make this public knowledge on the show....but to be going through something so contentious and not being able to say that phucking douchebag cause the lawyers advised you not to. She's a control freak and being told you can't do something must have put a twist in her jock.

So when she cries for no apparent reason on this show...me just me....I think it is her frustration with the ongoing divorce...so I tune her out and give her a pass. That's not to say every once in a while...it gets to me and annoys me and I want to slap her upside her head.

Anyhoo, just so you know Bunny is multi talented...please to enjoy

funny-gif-bunny-play-piano.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7

Thanks, wabbit!  (meant in an friendly way to a fellow poster with a sense of humor)  ;)

I shall listen while I work.

Hi crikey:

Let me know what you think. Their impression of Dorinda make her sound like Carmela Soprano

There is a nail salon around here called "The Polish Bar" My boyfriend and I  always pronounce it "The Polish (nationality) Bar" There is also "The European Wax.Shop" where they wax Europeans We've  never asked if it was cars or people.

I can see Luanne bragging about The European Wax Shop.

In comes Carole, chiming in, Shad Dup you're from Connecticut

• Love 2

No, girl, you're wrong!  (I'm channeling Bethenny).  You showed a lot more smarts than Sonja, at least.  (I know that's not saying much).  Maybe you need a little...hubris?

Continuing proof that Sonja made the right choice not listening to Josh's insults disguised as advice.  He picked a horrible name for his product.  e anything is so 1999.  Those companies that used e in their name were at least connect to computers/internet.  Josh just seems to live in a time warp.  I noticed he has programmed his wife to say "passionate" about products she is promoting.  She was passionate about the colorful Bella small appliances, especially the ones in e-boost orange.  E-boost orange is not a color.  So her passionate about nail polish rings a little hollow.

• Love 3
(edited)

I take that back, Sonja is sometimes a little horny ;)

Sonja is a 'little horny' like Kim Kardashian is a little narcissistic.

For years, I've had a dislike for Bethenny Frankel, I never cared to know anything about her. It wasn't until this season that I watched especially to find out what type of energy she would bring into the mix of wives. I soon found out, quite a lot. She's intensely neurotic of course like most of them. But Bethenny, as we later learned with the reunion with her stepfather, had just about the most tumultuous childhood that anyone could imagine. Because of it, she gets a pass from me. She's been ruined inside from when she was just a little kid. She would have been better off if she was taken from her home and put in a foster home or up for adoption. Her mother was bulimic and an alcoholic. She had to clean up her mother's vomit many times. There was physical abuse between the mother and the second husband Parisella, and the police called many times. Then there was the makeup sex better her mother and stepfather that was noisy and loud that she had to listen to in the next room.

Her childhood could be a best selling book, a classic story of a totally dysfunctional, violent, and abusive upbringing. I'm sure that the therapy she's receiving will continue throughout her life. She's going to be the opposite of her mother with Bryn but unfortunately she'll be doing the single parent thing and maybe find a love interest some day. I just think that her overly-possessive nature with Bryn will put up roadblocks to any relationships of her own, and I think her smothering of Bryn will eventually damage her in some way as well. I like to believe there's hope for people even as bizarre as she is. She's just a television personality and nobody needs to like her and she could care less if anyone does. But keeping in mind the horrors of her past brings more understanding to me of why she is like she is and I accept her under those circumstances.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 14