Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Everybody's Been Burned / S01.E02: The Hunter Gets Captured By the Game

I really wanted to like this show, but I only made it to the first 30 minutes.  I thought it was dull and the dialogue tedious.  It was just too slow, IMO and when Manson is more appealing than the lead, well.....I don't think I can take it.  To me the Duchovney character is just too much of  a jerk. I loved the original old music, but the other was too loud and overbearing.  It just didn't have good writing to me and I was expecting a little more sophistication.  It had such potential too.  Why can't they find better writers for a good project?  Oh well......maybe others liked it better than me, it will get a second season and better writers will follow. 

Well a lot of police were kind of like that back then (found this out from my mom, since she was around at the time). Old style. Maybe they'll tone that down, but I figure it's partially due to the character being a product of his time.

• Love 1
(edited)

Next step for me:  read Helter Skelter.

Do it! That's the book that set me on a 30+ years path of voracious true-crime reading! I remember looking at the bloody letters on the cover of my mom's original paperback (which I still have) in fascination when I was really little, then slamming that thing back onto the shelf and fleeing! I finally read it when I was about 11. It may even be the standard for other nonfiction books I read now; so many true-crime ones are so, so terribly written, salacious, and sensationalized to the point of being disrespectful (same with a lot of today's nonfiction crime TV shows too).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
(edited)

I have to try again; I fell asleep last night. Not because of the show, though I did feel like it was all the hell over the place (which I assume is maybe just because it's trying to establish its foundation quickly), just because I was tired. I sometimes have trouble watching historical dramas about real-life stories I already know a lot about--I go between being confused and wondering, "Did this really happen and I forgot?" and getting pedantically pissy that somethng is not what happened at all, god damn it! (both of which happened often with The Tudors). Oh, and suddenly feeling a great and daunting need to reread everything I have on the topic, even though I there's a pile of “to be read” books waiting for me and pending freelance work to do…

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

I was actually thinking Steve Railsback  from the 1970's version but Jeremy was better then this guy too.

Oh yeah, the original--I forgot about that. I was only five when it came out, so I may have to find it for Railsback's performance. I remember him from that weird movie, The Stunt Man.

read Helter Skelter.

Interesting for sure, but I'd recommend Jeff Guinn's Manson.  Lays everything out in a much clearer way (with access to more information than Bugliosi had) and unlike Bugliosi has no ax to grind since he has no personal connection to the case.  

http://www.amazon.com/Manson-Life-Times-Charles/dp/1451645171/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432927130&sr=1-1

reggiejax:With the exception of Manson's ceaseless drive to get a record deal, pretty much anything that happens on this show that is outside of the Family, particularly anything involving Hodiak and the lawyer, did not happen. Use that as a rule of thumb when watching and you'll do fine.

That's why I'm giving up on it.  The fictional story is not as interesting and looks like it will be, oddly, harder to believe.  If the cops had been as aware of Manson as this show is making it seem, none of what happened, would have happened.  They weren't even cooperating with each other from precinct to precinct, let alone county to county.

Since all this went down when I was in junior high in Los Angeles, I already have heard more about this case than I have about almost any crime outside of the Kennedy assassination and 9/11.  Other than the Guinn book I mentioned above, I haven't encountered much in recent years about Manson that would be worth my time, and this show isn't either.  I think the less you know about the case the more you'll enjoy this mini-series.

• Love 3

I don't know about this one. The first two hours held my interest more or less, but I found the pacing and certain elements to be painfully clunky and downright ridiculous. I'm liking Duchovny and Grey Damon. Their portrayals worked pretty well for me and I think they have a good chemistry together. Gethin Anthony as Charlie, however, sadly is not working for me at all, and I liked him in GoT.

I think part of the problem is that, while they spent a great deal of time rather crudely and bluntly hitting the various social fence posts to establish that we are in "the 60s" (the music, Vietnam war, race relations, etc.), they really spent no time at all depicting the hippie/commune/hallucinogenic drug fueled counterculture movement that made the real Charlie's manipulations and seductions possible and so frighteningly successful. This version of Charlie has absolutely no charisma whatsoever. He's so uninteresting and uninspiring and uncompelling I was left wondering why anyone would follow him into the next room much less into "the family" and ultimately into murder and mayhem. While I think they would have been more successful in terms of audience expectations if they had made the character Manson-ish instead of Manson himself, the character still didn't work and is far too weak to be a good antagonist, at least based on what they tried to do with him in the first two hours. Somehow they even failed to build tension with 'Charlie's' violent scenes, which came off as very flat and contrived. And speaking of deeply and ridiculously contrived, don't get me started on the whole rich high powered lawyer/secret homosexual relationship with the low and grimy lifetime criminal/kidnapped daughter/ransom-blackmail for an introduction to music biz mucky mucks storyline. *eyeroll* Again they're trying to sell this Charlie as almost supernaturally magnetic, and I am not buying.

I'll continue to watch for Duchovny and Damon and their stories, and maybe the rest will improve as the series progresses.....maybe.....but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Love 5
(edited)

they really spent no time at all depicting the hippie/commune/hallucinogenic drug fueled counterculture movement that made the real Charlie's manipulations and seductions possible and so frighteningly successful. This version of Charlie has absolutely no charisma whatsoever. He's so uninteresting and uninspiring and uncompelling I was left wondering why anyone would follow him into the next room much less into "the family" and ultimately into murder and mayhem. 

And yes, of course that's the other thing.  This show has been made in the cultural landscape that includes the incredibly annoying TV trope of recent years (as seen on The Mentalist, The Following, Rizzoli and Isles, CSI Wherever, etc. etc. etc.) in which serial killers just GET a following of people who are eager to form a cult and kill for them - because according to this trope, the brutal murders themselves are so tremendously appealing that ALL KINDS of people are going to want to join a cult of serial killers!  I mean, WHO WOULDN'T??!!   All of these shows are using the Manson Family as an inspiration and every one of these shows is getting it totally wrong.   Never mind that Manson formed a cult because of his charisma (like every other person in the history of the planet who ever had a cult form around him/her outside of American television) and then, once he had the loyalty of the cult members, was able to persuade them to do terrible things.  

Edited by ratgirlagogo

Well, I liked it but not for the reasons I thought I would.  I've had a morbid fascination with Manson and his ability to recruit and control The Family since reading Helter Skelter as a teenager, so I tuned in for that.  Instead, I'm really enjoying the detectives more.  I don't find the Manson stuff all that compelling so far.  Maybe that will change, but I guess it doesn't matter since this is really a fictional show and only loosely based on the actual Manson Family.

• Love 3

I've put in hold requests for both Helter Skelter and and the Jeff Guinn book.  Thanks for the recommendations.

Geez, with all this extra reading, I'm never going to finish that book on Tahiti.

• Love 3

As a music fan, I fouind two parts rather amusing...

1. The scene where DD picks up the snitch's guitar and the guy yells "Be careful it's a MARTIN!"..and DD throws it back and says "it's a fake"..the snitch looked broken up...

2. The gory murder scene with "Daydream Believer" in the background...The late, great singer songwriter John Stewart wrote that song..and he once said that whenever he hears that in a movie or a TV show, he yells "Couch Money!!!" because all he did was sit on the couch and make money hearing his song on TV...

So, I yelled it for him....

I thought the vibe of making Manson gay or bisexual was a bit over the top..still for a summer show..I can look at David Duchovny and the sweet cars..and listen to the tunes...

I know it's supposed to be a serious drama but I can only take it as a soapy guilty pleasure...

Truth be told, I thought the Zodiac movie from a few years back was better in capturing the essence of the 60's-70's without it being a weird Hollywood history lesson.

• Love 3

Next step for me: read Helter Skelter.

Creepier for me was the first full-length book on the subject, The Family by Ed Sanders. Sanders likes to hint at other unspecified horrible things that the family may have done, and it stayed on my mind for a while.

• Love 3
(edited)

the Zodiac movie from a few years back

And that's why they called this one Aquarius.

Creepier for me was the first full-length book on the subject, The Family by Ed Sanders. Sanders likes to hint at other unspecified horrible things that the family may have done, and it stayed on my mind for a while.

For me as well. My impression is that Sanders has been forced to back off his iniital claims of involvement by the Process Church (of Scientology) so whatever is or isn't true will remain undiscovered.  Fascinating reading though, if you can find a first edition (unexpurgated) copy.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
(edited)

Do it! That's the book that set me on a 30+ years path of voracious true-crime reading! I remember looking at the bloody letters on the cover of my mom's original paperback (which I still have) in fascination when I was really little, then slamming that thing back onto the shelf and fleeing! I finally read it when I was about 11. It may even be the standard for other nonfiction books I read now; so many true-crime ones are so, so terribly written, salacious, and sensationalized to the point of being disrespectful (same with a lot of today's nonfiction crime TV shows too).

Me too! That and some book about Jack the Ripper. "Helter Skelter" is a great read, although I think I've read Vincent Bugliosi made up a lot of the motivation because he knew juries need a motivation.

Back on topic, I admit I was impressed with David Duchovny in this. He's always been very one-note in every thing I've ever seen him in so I was surprised.

Edited by bubbls
  • Love 2

A little food for thought: I think there's a damn good reason why the show has fictional elements weaved into it along with having Manson not look completely like the real thing. The man is STILL alive. He craves attention. He did back then and he still does now. Why give him any?

Tbh, I'm glad that they're focusing more on the time period and the policing than on Manson himself.

• Love 7

It could be an interesting period piece but I won't invest too much in the Manson angle. It reminds me of my reaction to the movie Summer Of Sam, that seemed to just be a vehicle for setting the time frame, not much about the Son of Sam really.

• Love 2

It could be an interesting period piece but I won't invest too much in the Manson angle. It reminds me of my reaction to the movie Summer Of Sam, that seemed to just be a vehicle for setting the time frame, not much about the Son of Sam really.

Exactly. And I hope they keep the focus on the time frame and not that one element.

• Love 2
(edited)

Welcome to the Hippie era!  The gals are the ones with no beards.

The majority of the time, anyway...

Between Manson and Ed Gein, if I ever bumped into Steve Railsback on the street I'd run screaming at the top of my lungs.

In the picture posted upthread, I think he still looks creepy.  But as I recall he looked rather harmless and innocuous in earlier mugshots before he scruffed out.  I don't want to go image hunting for Manson because I'll get all freaked out, but there's a couple that are pretty well known.  I'm thinking that he actually had freckles in one of them.

I've got to believe that he (Manson) spent hours with a hand mirror developing the Manson Lamps, but maybe it just makes me feel better to think that he had to work on those.

Edited to specify who had the hand mirror, although I imagine that Railsback had to work on that as well.

Edited by Sile
  • Love 2

I like it, but I need all the bearded guys to differentiate themselves a bit more. Right now, they all look like they came off the same assembly line.

I liked the chemistry between Hodiak and his partner. As a massive FNL fan, I loved getting to see Smash as the Nation of Islam guy. I also like the girl from Boneheads who is playing Emma. I'm probably going to binge this over the next couple days. I feel like it might be one of those shows that is really made for binging, rather than episodic viewing.

• Love 4

Me too! That and some book about Jack the Ripper. "Helter Skelter" is a great read, although I think I've read Vincent Bugliosi made up a lot of the motivation because he knew juries need a motivation.

Back on topic, I admit I was impressed with David Duchovny in this. He's always been very one-note in every thing I've ever seen him in so I was surprised.

Yea he's come a long way. I remember him back during the XF days. Very mumbly XD. Not by the end (s6-s9) though, thankfully. 

I like it, but I need all the bearded guys to differentiate themselves a bit more. Right now, they all look like they came off the same assembly line.

I liked the chemistry between Hodiak and his partner. As a massive FNL fan, I loved getting to see Smash as the Nation of Islam guy. I also like the girl from Boneheads who is playing Emma. I'm probably going to binge this over the next couple days. I feel like it might be one of those shows that is really made for binging, rather than episodic viewing.

Lmao XD. *pictures a Hippy assembly line*

I do too. Am planning on catching more of it this weekend. It looks promising.

Same. It was unfocused and boring and heavy handed. I'll give anything a try in the summer, but this is a no for me.

Luckily you can binge all the episodes at once if you want to, instead of waiting week by week.

• Love 1

Luckily you can binge all the episodes at once if you want to, instead of waiting week by week.

Comcast On Demand shows 12 episodes, but the first one is two hours, so does that mean it is all 13 episodes?

Comcast On Demand shows 12 episodes, but the first one is two hours, so does that mean it is all 13 episodes?

Yes, I checked, it was a 2 hour premiere, so it messed up the episode order for me when I watched.

Episode 1 is really 1 and 2, 2 is 3, etc.

Yes, I checked, it was a 2 hour premiere, so it messed up the episode order for me when I watched.

Episode 1 is really 1 and 2, 2 is 3, etc.

Thanks, I was confused and thought for some reason they did not have the last one.

Not sure if I will make it through the entire series. I am more interested by the lives of the the police officers than the Manson storyline. The actor to me is neither creepy or charismatic enough to be a convincing Charles Manson.

I did enjoy watching David Duchovny box in his wife beater. Asshole or not in real life, I hear different opinions, he is still looking good at 54. And Grey Damon is easy on the eyes also.

• Love 2

A little food for thought: I think there's a damn good reason why the show has fictional elements weaved into it along with having Manson not look completely like the real thing. The man is STILL alive. He craves attention. He did back then and he still does now. Why give him any?

Tbh, I'm glad that they're focusing more on the time period and the policing than on Manson himself.

Yeah, I thought of that last night. I tuned in because of the story, but I do hate that he's got the attention he wanted. 

• Love 2

I lasted 40 minutes.  And 9 of those were commercials.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get any of the other 31 back.  You can tell how bad it is by considering the audience at which it is directed by what the commercials were.  A bunch of NBC "reality" shows geared to people with single digit IQs. 

• Love 1

I'm not feeling the guy playing Manson. His eyes aren't crazy enough.

Like others have mentioned, I feel like they're going to build up to the full crazy. He's got to start somewhere.

I chuckled when "White Rabbit" started playing. I love that song, but to use it in the first 2 minutes was definitely cliche. They could have held out for a while and used it for a really warped scene.

I just watched the first two episodes (the two-hour special that aired on Thursday night). I'm not sure I'm sold on the series yet, but I do think the social conflict was interesting, especially when Hodiak's partner showed him WHY he was so offended by Hodiak's methods (especially his methods involving African-American citizens). That was an interesting twist.

And while I'm not sure I'm completely sold on the actor playing Manson yet (probably because I'm more familiar with Steve Railsbeck's terrifying performance), I do have to hand it to the writers because I think they're showing Manson's twisted way with words that seemed to seduce vulnerable "lost" kids in some scenes, and his horrifically violent tendencies in other scenes. They're not glamorizing him like I feared that might (because he's such a sensationalistic person in history). Instead, so far I think it's showing a good balance of both sides of him: the seductive and the pure evil. And he's only going to get worse.   :S

One thing's for sure: Charles Manson was, is and always shall be f***ing creepy.

• Love 2

Between Manson and Ed Gein, if I ever bumped into Steve Railsback on the street I'd run screaming at the top of my lungs.

Thankfully, there's been enough distance from me seeing that film with Railsback, that I no longer remember it except for him being really good with the crazy eyes. LOL. Now if I bumped into Steve on the street, I'd probably be all, "Hey, it's Duane Barry!" And then want to run for my life. "You callin' Duane Barry a liar now, Mr. Mulder?... They drilled holes in my damn teeth!!!" 

(Kind of a funny coincidence though, that he played Manson and later was a guest actor on The X-Files, starring David Duchovny who is now playing a cop in search of Manson on this show. Gotta love Kevin Bacon's six degrees of separation...)

(edited)

...but I do think the social conflict was interesting, especially when Hodiak's partner showed him WHY he was so offended by Hodiak's methods (especially his methods involving African-American citizens). That was an interesting twist...

--and a potentially great way to give inside perspective on Manson's supposed ultimate agenda of starting a race war in order to wipe out the then-present structures of authority so he could emerge the new messiah.

Reading bits and pieces of Manson-focused literature over the last couple of days, I can't help wonder if Manson got the idea of orchestrating a race war in part by erroneously interpreting the title of the Beatles' album (The White Album) that featured the song, "Helter Skelter." Maybe in a drug enhanced state of mind he mistakenly concluded that White Album was a racial reference? If so, too bad they didn't make it The Silver Album or something. But then he might have gone for a Heavens Gate-type scenario involving space alien invasion as an excuse for his agenda--and we'd still have a show starring Mulder, heh. Of course, the Civil Rights Movement was probably also an inspiration for Manson's "Helter Skelter" race war, and even more likely his time in prison, where he may have witnessed race riots or at least violence that had race as its excuse.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 5
(edited)

Thankfully, there's been enough distance from me seeing that film with Railsback, that I no longer remember it except for him being really good with the crazy eyes. LOL. Now if I bumped into Steve on the street, I'd probably be all, "Hey, it's Duane Barry!" And then want to run for my life. "You callin' Duane Barry a liar now, Mr. Mulder?... They drilled holes in my damn teeth!!!" 

(Kind of a funny coincidence though, that he played Manson and later was a guest actor on The X-Files, starring David Duchovny who is now playing a cop in search of Manson on this show. Gotta love Kevin Bacon's six degrees of separation...)

The only two characters I remember seeing Steve Railsback play are Manson and Gein.  Which I suppose might say more about my viewing habits than his being terrifying.  I thought he played Jesus in something as well, but I googled Railsback and Jesus and didn't see anything.

I've only ever seen a few episodes of X-Files, which is odd because I've always tended to like Duchovny.  I guess it's easy to forget that back in the olden tymes we didn't have a DVR and had to be present to watch something.  However, one of the only eps I saw was Home, how did I luck out there?  The only other one I remember offhand was the one with the talking tattoo, Jodie Foster was the voice, I think.

I can't help wonder if Manson got the idea of orchestrating a race war in part by erroneously interpreting the title of the Beatles' album (The White Album) that featured the song, "Helter Skelter." Maybe in a drug enhanced state of mind he mistakenly concluded that White Album was a racial reference? 

The name of the album was The Beatles, so I've never thought of that possibility.  Which makes me think, when did it become known more as The White Album, rather than the actual title.  I'm pretty sure that's all I've ever seen it referred to, but that would have been years after this and I guess I always just assumed it happened over time, but maybe it got that name right off the bat?

Edited by Sile
  • Love 1
by erroneously interpreting the title of the Beatles' album (The White Album) that featured the song, "Helter Skelter."

FWIW, the album title was simply and officially "The Beatles."  You can see it embossed in the lower right corner of the album cover. 

Michaela McManus seems like a perfectly fine actress, but geez, were there honestly no acceptable 40something actresses available to play against 54-year-old Duchovny and 48-year-old O'Byrne?  Apparently, Maggie Gyllenhaal wasn't kidding when she recently reported this.

• Love 5

...The name of the album was The Beatles, so I've never thought of that possibility. Which makes me think, when did it become known more as The White Album, rather than the actual title. I'm pretty sure that's all I've ever seen it referred to, but that would have been years after this and I guess I always just assumed it happened over time, but maybe it got that name right off the bat?

FWIW, the album title was simply and officially "The Beatles." You can see it embossed in the lower right corner of the album cover.

Taking my response to the Manson Family Media since this seems like a plot point that might come up again in other episodes.

...Michaela McManus seems like a perfectly fine actress, but geez, were there honestly no acceptable 40something actresses available to play against 54-year-old Duchovny and 48-year-old O'Byrne?  Apparently, Maggie Gyllenhaal wasn't kidding when she recently reported this.

This was the one thing that really bugged me, but to be fair, if I hadn't looked up the actress on IMDb to figure out where I'd seen her previously, I wouldn't have thought she was that much younger. And maybe the age-accurate actresses they really wanted were too busy with other work? Hopefully it wasn't just a preference for someone young enough to be the daughter of the two men. And this would have been okay-ish except that didn't they imply that Hodiak met her when they were in high school? Since her parents "approved" of him, we can at least assume he wasn't her teacher.
  • Love 2
(edited)
Reading bits and pieces of Manson-focused literature over the last couple of days, I can't help wonder if Manson got the idea of orchestrating a race war in part by erroneously interpreting the title of the Beatles' album (The White Album) that featured the song, "Helter Skelter." Maybe in a drug enhanced state of mind he mistakenly concluded that White Album was a racial reference?

There's a scene in the original Helter Skelter movie (and, obviously in the books about Manson too) where a Family witness (I am blanking on his name--why do I want to call him Mark? That's not it) explains to Bugliosi the allusions to the Beatles that Manson has drawn from the Bible. I think there might be more in there about the album, if not a mention of its unofficial name.

Sile - In the "olden times", there were such thing as VCR's, which I STILL use.

I think DVR's still have a "record to VCR" option that shows up after you finish watching something saved on it. I always wondered about that--why on earth would I have a VCR plugged in and connected right next to my DVR? Maybe it speaks to the lack of confidence my cable provider has in its own product?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

There's a scene in the original Helter Skelter movie (and, obviously in the books about Manson too) where a Family witness (I am blanking on his name--why do I want to call him Mark? That's not it) explains to Bugliosi the allusions to the Beatles that Manson has drawn from the Bible. I think there might be more in there about the album, if not a mention of its unofficial name.

I think DVR's still have a "record to VCR" option that shows up after you finish watching something saved on it. I always wondered about that--why on earth would I have a VCR plugged in and connected right next to my DVR? Maybe it speaks to the lack of confidence my cable provider has in its own product?

I'm thinking the guy was Paul somebody.  I want to say Watson.  I could just be mixing up names, or there were two different Watsons of no relation.   Didn't he go into hiding because he was afraid of being killed so they didn't have him to testify at trial?

I still have a VCR plugged in and connected right next to my DVR!  I've never seen a record to VCR option, though.  Can you even still buy blank tapes?  I just hang onto it because I do have some old movies and other VHS stuff that, to my knowledge, has never been put out on DVD.

Sile - In the "olden times", there were such thing as VCR's, which I STILL use.

I still have two of them, although I don't use them much.  I used to keep one connected to the upstairs tv for the occasions when I wanted to record two things and watch another one (I'm getting a Genie... one of these days), before that tv died.

I used to record tv shows on the VCR back in the day, but you could only record one show at a time and X-Files might have conflicted with something.  I also watched a lot less tv back then, probably because you had to pick and choose what you could watch and/or record, in addition to not having a gazillion different channels and a whole lot of repeat showings except on the movie channels.  I was also constantly trying to find a tape with room on it for something so I would tape over a lot of stuff without even watching it.

Ah, those were the days!

• Love 3

I lasted 40 minutes.  And 9 of those were commercials.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get any of the other 31 back.  You can tell how bad it is by considering the audience at which it is directed by what the commercials were.  A bunch of NBC "reality" shows geared to people with single digit IQs. 

I think a lot of tv shows these days have those kinds of commercials :(. So I guess they think people are really stupid. *shrugs*

/some what OT

Yeah, I thought of that last night. I tuned in because of the story, but I do hate that he's got the attention he wanted. 

Me too. But tbh with all of the movies and books, etc., over the years about it he's gotten it plenty.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think it was Paul Watson, now that you mention it! (I actually had a friend with that name way back when I waited tables; he quit in a spectacular fashion right in front of the dinner crowd, haha!).

Last time I used a VCR was when I moved into the apartment I had before the place I'm in now. The cable people weren't scheduled for another two days and I can't sleep without some kind of TV noise*, so I actually packed the VCR that I hadn't used in years and pulled a tape or two from a full box I was getting rid of. How this tangentially relates here? One tape was the TV movie starring Christopher Meloni about Martha Moxley, another murder of the '70s (yes, I know Manson was 1969 but just humor me!). But now I feel confused as to why I even had a VCR then--this was only about eight years ago. I bet I was between DVD players; I have this weird issue with keeping them alive for more than a few months at a time (good thing they're only like $35 now).

And yes, I remember wanting to record something with the VCR and not having a new tape around...and then trying like hell to find an old one that I could bear taping over! Haha, I am old!

* Not that I slept, probably. In addition to being a silent killer of common household electronics, I also am the type to stay up after a move until 90% of the place is in livable, functional order (the other 10% likely ends up deep in a closet, never to be unpacked ever).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've only ever seen a few episodes of X-Files, which is odd because I've always tended to like Duchovny.  I guess it's easy to forget that back in the olden tymes we didn't have a DVR and had to be present to watch something.  However, one of the only eps I saw was Home, how did I luck out there?  The only other one I remember offhand was the one with the talking tattoo, Jodie Foster was the voice, I think.

If you ever get the chance to watch, I highly recommend those early seasons of The X-Files (especially seasons 1, 2 and 3). The episode entitled "Duane Barry" is from season 2, and it's an amazing episode, really important for Mulder and Scully, and Steve Railsback plays the title character with great intensity. It's definitely unforgettable.

("Duane Barry" is actually part of a trilogy of episodes that form a complete story arc, which I won't give away in case you decide to watch it. Anyway, the three episodes to watch are "Duane Barry," "Ascension" and "One Breath," in that order.)

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1