Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Spoilers

• Start Topic

I truly don't understand how this challenge was allowed to happen. 100+ degrees, in the hot sun digging in hot sand. 

We see Tai get medical attention too, and Peter's shorts are seen in other pics. It's likely that they fell like flies.

But all of this was going on in the digging portion of the show. We see most everyone being upright during skeeball and Caleb looks perfectly fine there. I wonder what happened.

I'm so sad to see him go.

I know I said it before in this thread but I wonder how serious Caleb's injury was.  This was shot in May and he hosted a competition on Big Brother in either August or early September.  He seemed to be fine but that does not really mean much because you could seem to be alright and not be.

The messed up part of me was thinking maybe someone told him Amber was going to be on the pre-jury trip so he self-evicted.

• Love 1

I think heat exhaustion is something that doesnt have that long of a recovery. Once he had his fluids and electrolytes and other things he was probably good to go. I don't think it's that unreasonable to think he was in shape to go to the BB house four months later. Dont forget this was only about 10 days into shooting of S32 so it was probably still in mid april.

I'm curious to go back to his twitter an see what he posted in May.

I know I said it before in this thread but I wonder how serious Caleb's injury was.  This was shot in May and he hosted a competition on Big Brother in either August or early September.  He seemed to be fine but that does not really mean much because you could seem to be alright and not be.

The messed up part of me was thinking maybe someone told him Amber was going to be on the pre-jury trip so he self-evicted.

He brought some teenager to the prom in June so he was out in public way before that.

Since Caleb only lasted til around april 10, it's possible he was in twitter during/after his hospitalization.... it's not like anyone knew he was going on survivor, liek with the 2nd chance cast, so being on twitter wouldnt be suspicious to anyone. his immediate relatives knew about his evacuation anyway.

Since Caleb only lasted til around april 10, it's possible he was in twitter during/after his hospitalization.... it's not like anyone knew he was going on survivor, liek with the 2nd chance cast, so being on twitter wouldnt be suspicious to anyone. his immediate relatives knew about his evacuation anyway.

CB9C6aFWIAAVaxt.jpg

Thats on April 6, but that couldn't be a current pic because he wasn't out of  the game yet.

CB9C6aFWIAAVaxt.jpg

Thats on April 6, but that couldn't be a current pic because he wasn't out of  the game yet.

Caleb probably had someone posting the occasional pic and/or comment to keep his BB fans engaged. As much fuss as these reality celebrity types make about the importance of large numbers of Twitter/Facebook/Instagram followers, no way he lets all his accounts go dark for over a month.

• Love 1

So for tonight we don't know much except Cyndy and Julie don't go home, Caleb does.  What was the last consensus on whether there would be a tribal/boot?  If the challenge were finished and if Beauty lost, maybe they wouldn't have to go to TC. But if one of the other teams lost they would have to go anyway right?  But do they even get to finish the challenge? 

And is the merge next week?

So for tonight we don't know much except Cyndy and Julie don't go home, Caleb does.  What was the last consensus on whether there would be a tribal/boot?  If the challenge were finished and if Beauty lost, maybe they wouldn't have to go to TC. But if one of the other teams lost they would have to go anyway right?  But do they even get to finish the challenge? 

And is the merge next week?

If someone gets pulled from the game and there's a tribal boot, that leaves us at 13, which seems an unlikely number for a swap or a merge.

My guess is a medivac tonight, no tribal council, and then a swap into two tribes of 7 each. Then we're in two tribes for two to four weeks, then merge. That would give us a final three with a jury of nine to seven. (Seven seems low, actually. I bet they do nine.)

(edited)

I am fairly certain we will not be getting a tribal council tonight. If they did it would bring the number of players down to 13 which means you wouldn't have an even number of tribes at the swap. Also, since this happens at a reward challenge with 3 people getting medical attention I just don't seem them than having an immunity challenge the following day or two.  As for the episode my hope is that with Caleb getting evacuated the emphasis tonight will be on the Beauty tribe and because of they will start to flesh out these players a lot more particularly Julia and Michele (and I guess Nick) since these 3 have probably been shown the least out of anyone in the game.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1

Everything you said makes sense, except that last sentence.... bc there is at least another medevac this season, so I believe it's a final 2. :D

Definitely :) but presumably at this point in the game, the show people don't know there will be more medivacs. (Though it would be SUPER interesting if they did...) :)

Julia and Michele are out visiting Kyle/Scot (they had photos of all of them watching Survivor tonight).  On the plus side, I'd be thrilled (I think) for Julia and Michele to make it that far.  And, no Nick!  On the negative side (waaay negative side) that means Scot and Jason are in this for the long haul, and so is Neal, who I don't care for.  This poster mentions the brain tribe possibly being picked off, so after Peter's threat tonight, I wonder if he plays a hand in that, and gets ousted after he isn't needed anymore.

Assuming this is true, and going along with the other reddit post allegedly from one of the final 3 members: I think Michele, whose made no secret of posting post game photos of herself that show a lot of weight loss, and who Probst has likened to Parvati may really bring it in the merge and wind up in the final 3 and win.  No way are Scot and Jason winning this game (whoever was allegedly behind that reddit post basically said they weren't winning).  If the other rumor about Julia missing out on the final 3 is true, then that would leave at least one brawn (if not both stooges) being dragged to the end as goats, and Michele or Neal filling that final 3 spot.

I'm hoping Nick gets screwed by the swap next week.  He had a tweet that may mean nothing, but it was something along the lines of Survivor not being anything about luck (regardless of what past players say), and that sometimes how well you do in the game is because of default.  Now, like I said, it could be nothing, but I know Jason has been accused of giving thinly veiled spoilers on his SM accounts, and I wonder if that is Nick giving away how he did.  That maybe with Caleb gone, his game tanked, or because of Caleb and other medevacs coming up, that he got through by default (or others got through by default).

So we are possibly looking at the merge of Neal, Jason, Scot, Cydney, Julia, and Michele.  Tai is allegedly one of the other pre-merge medevacs (who was the other one speculated to be?  Debbie?)  Tribe swap next week at 14, I have to think the merge is coming up in the next couple of weeks.

One other thing from that reddit post above is that apparently Anna is not following the same people that Julia and Michele are (Scot, Jason, their wives) and vice versa which strongly suggests that she never interacts with them.  Who does Anna follow on twitter though? Darnell, Jenny and Alecia who are all pre-merge boots. It is starting to look to me that she is going to get screwed at the upcoming swap and I wonder if it is  to have something to do with Tai as the edit seemed to make a big deal about whether Anna can trust him or not.

Edited by LanceM

um, there are 13 left, not 14

Trying to do basic math after working 19 hours is never a good idea :P

LanceM, someone did say on that reddit post that Anna may get screwed by the tribe swap.  Wasn't she rumored to be one of the medevacs, though?  Anyway, not only will Anna going out early screw up a lot of fantasy pools, but I have to say I'll be a bit disappointed.  I know we haven't seen much of the women at the beauty tribe, but from what I've seen I do like her and think she'd do great in this game.  Plus, she's aligned with two of my favorites (maybe) in Michele and Julia.

I had not heard anything about any rumored medavac involving Anna but I guess anything is possible.  I hope I am wrong about this as I would love to see the Beauty Gals go far together but something about her being close to Darnell and Jennifer on twitter just raises red flags for me.  We all know that someone who seems to be in a good position pre-merge always gets screwed by the swap.  As far as Julia and Michele go I am going to withhold judgment on this and see how the game plays out.  If they lose Anna they are going to be looking for allies and sometimes you have to align with whoever can help you get far in the game. 

If Cyndy/brawn go far, and there was some sort of altercation btw Julia and Cyndy - I wonder if Anna being on the outs relates to this? Does Julia and Michelle replace Cyndy in the Brawn 3?  Does Cyndy bring them in but then screw someone (anna?) and po Julia? 

I wonder if Anna and Cyndy are following each other?

One thing I thought of this morning. At the event right before the season where Probst mentioned that bullying will become an issuer later in the season and that it would be a "teachable moment between parents and children".  he used those exact same words in his tweet last night about the episode.  I am wondering (and hoping) that this means that the bullying will no longer be an issue the rest of the season.

If that Reddit thread was correct in its speculation about the final five, this season is really going to suck for me. I only really liked one, possibly, two people on that list, and that means all the ones I do like will have been voted off. *sighs*

• Love 2

So the swap happens. Too bad it was one episode too late for Alecia. I would have really liked her to wreak havoc just cause. 

Me too.  That's the chickens-coming-home-to-roost scenario.  Always a fan favorite.

• Love 1

I've been thinking about the alleged final 5 of Neal/Kyle/Scot/Michele/Julia, and the rumors that Cydney got into it with Julia, with Julia going off on the final 3.  I wonder now if that's less to do about the bullying incident (if that even happened) and more because she got betrayed.  Seems like she's friendly with Michele/Scot/Kyle now, though.  If Scot/Kyle's bad edit keeps up then I'm leaning towards them making the final 3 (and losing in a sweep). 

Do we know the swapped tribes yet?  I was trying to find the screen caps from the preview for this season (shown at the end of last season) because I know that gave a few people away.  I think Joe and Neal stay on the brains tribe.

BTW, is it a final 2 or 3?  I thought Redmond confirmed it was a final 3, but now I'm seeing final 2 places because of the medevacs?

Edited by LadyChatts

I truly don't understand how this challenge was allowed to happen. 100+ degrees, in the hot sun digging in hot sand.

I am going to do the old "as a..." standby here. I am just not that bothered by the challenge. I spent 42 of my 44 years in the heat of Southern Arizona. My 70yo father-in-law is a mechanic who works on cars in 100+ degrees all summer. My husband did it for 30 years, too. Construction workers do it. The university and high school football teams practice in it. I have seen bus loads of middle aged Latino men coming back from agricultural work in 115 degree weather, riding on busses without cooling. The problem here was hydration. People exert themselves in heat for far longer than 45 minutes every single day without dying or having heat stroke.

The problem here was hydration. People exert themselves in heat for far longer than 45 minutes every single day without dying or having heat stroke.

It's a little more complicated than that.  Yes, dehydration was the biggest issue -- but dehydration often becomes so serious because of the heat.  Sweat is the primary way the body moves heat away from its core but hydration is necessary for the cooling function to work.   If you don't have any water to cool you, the heat stays trapped in the body where it does damage.  However, it's possible to have heat stroke without dehydration.

There's also an aclimatization aspect to this -- the training effect of exerting oneself in the heat develops the body's ability to create less heat while working and to dispel it more efficiently once it's there.   Runners know that it takes at least two weeks of runs (or 10 runs) in very hot weather before that training effect starts to kick in and after that summer running is a breeze.  Marathon runners, also, eventually develop a massive network of capillaries to the skin so that heat can be dispelled from the body through the blood close to the skin.

I actually think one of the bigger factors here was the blazing sun.  The heat itself (if they were under a canopy, say) would probably not have gotten so dire. 

• Love 2

reddit

Other evacs:

Additional new discussion on the night time medevac here*. Current thinking seems to believe it may be Peter. Probably unrelated, but we did see Peter tweet that he had a herniated disc in his back just before filming.

/u/FilmGirl79 found good reason to believe another evac is Tai. His leg wound has increased in size since it was shown in the pre-season tease and episode previews.

*EDIT: We have that night medevac which could be Debbie or Peter as we see Neal handing over a stretcher to the boat. The other medevac may be Tai with his infected thigh.

Other reddit - speculation on Anna being separated from her beauty 3 during a swap and

[–]scipio314 [score hidden] 17 hours ago

from exile island wiki page:

During Tribal phase, if division or switching of tribes is taken place with odd number of castaways. The player ended up not being selected by any tribe will be automatically banished to exile by the host, Jeff Probst. The player will rejoin the game after the following Tribal Council, as a member of the tribe that loses a member at that Tribal Council. Not being on any tribe, they cannot vote or being voted out at that respective Tribal Council.

This very well could mean exile island is in play.

Edited by marys1000

Jeff confirms to NY Times that Caleb is not the last evacuation this season. I wonder if it will happen soon, or a bit later in the game. People dropping like flies messes up the schedule, no? Maybe they will be forced to not have a tribal in one episode to stay on schedule.

Is it unusual to not have a credible boot list at this point in the game? It's been a long time since I've thought that if certain people make it to the end or win (kyle/scott/nick), then I probably won't watch the rest of the season. I don't always avoid the villains, but these guys are somehow both aggravating and boring. 

Is it unusual to not have a credible boot list at this point in the game? It's been a long time since I've thought that if certain people make it to the end or win (kyle/scott/nick), then I probably won't watch the rest of the season. I don't always avoid the villains, but these guys are somehow both aggravating and boring. 

You don't get boot list for seasons where it's all new players so dont expect one.

However, all signs point to Jason making it to the final episode as confirmed by the editing IMO. Scot and Nick could go anytime from premerge to late jury tho.

Edited by thehepburn

There's another theory out there regarding Kyle Jason making the final 2 but not winning. It's all over reddit. Has it been discussed here? Should I just provide a link or go all-out and explain it?

Somewhere around here there was talk of an anonymous poster discussing last week's episode online somewhere. He said he made the final but didn't think he won, and discussed how bad the downed players were and how he thought he was watching someone die. Bounty was a foot or two away with Cydney, and you can see him looking from her to Caleb. I don't like him, but he had a very somber expression that (to me) backs up that the poster is him.

If Bounty makes the final 2 and loses, I wonder if he will also do like his favorite player did and beg whoever won to give him the title of Sole Survivor.

I really hope the other person sitting in the final 2 is not Scot.

Somewhere around here there was talk of an anonymous poster discussing last week's episode online somewhere. He said he made the final but didn't think he won, and discussed how bad the downed players were and how he thought he was watching someone die. Bounty was a foot or two away with Cydney, and you can see him looking from her to Caleb. I don't like him, but he had a very somber expression that (to me) backs up that the poster is him.

Yes, that's it. The only problem is that Kyle did a Periscope the other day and he said he never goes on Reddit. So the theory may have just been blown out of the water....

I guess we'll find out...

Yes, that's it. The only problem is that Kyle did a Periscope the other day and he said he never goes on Reddit. So the theory may have just been blown out of the water....

He could have been lying.  Or it could have been Scot or Cydney that wrote it (and, of course, it could have just been someone with a lot of time on their hands to mess with the spoiler community).  Cydney allegedly doesn't make it to the final 5, if that other post matches up.  But if it's true about a bullying incident involving her and Julia, and Julia going off on the finalists, it could be Cydney and the other post is wrong.  Who knows.  I'd be thrilled if Bounty and his sidekick don't get anywhere near the final 2.

I do think brawn being down so many people is going to benefit them at the swap, if they are split up.  Along with the medevacs set to happen, they are probably all making the merge.

I watched that Periscope n it was obvious to me that he was lying. I said so on reddit. Since then, someone posted proof that - surprise! - he was lying.

I am of the camp that yes, the anon poster was Jason.

Edited by thehepburn

I am pleasantly surprised that the swapped tribes have not been spoiled yet. CBS in the past have been pretty careless about this in the promos for the episode but this year, nothing, though there is still a day and half left.

This is not a spoiler per se but Anna has set up her own website (annasurvivor.com) where she is selling "TeamAnna" t-shirts and copies of the necklaces she has been wearing on the show.  Many people are speculating that she wouldn't be selling these if she didn't go deep into the game. (Kelley Wentworth did the same thing last year and ended up in 4th)

Redmond has been posting what he knows so far of season 33 and 35 over in the Futures forum in Sucks:

Season 33 will be all newbies.  Production has been delayed due to the sever storm that hit Fiji a few weeks back. I believe the new cast was schedules to fly out next week.

Season 34 will include returnees. He does not believe this is another second chance season. He knows of atleast 15 players that have already been contacted (all from S23 onwards) though he did say he believes some old schoolers are in the mix as well.  He also believes past winners and possible three-peaters are in the mix. It is still early in the process though as the final cast won't be set until atleast mid to late May though it seems pretty clear that Caleb will be included.

Finally he said that the producers were not happy with the way season 32 turned out. For me I am not sure what to make of this as usually the season that Jeff loves, I hate and the seasons Jeff hates, I love.  So we shall wait and see.

Edited by LanceM

Finally he said that the producers were not happy with the way season 32 turned out.

Technically, Redmond said that SEG is not happy with the season. Period. 

Considering that the crew probably had as many medical problems as the players, not surprising.

So there are 3 medevacs including producer fave Caleb.

There is so much bullying that Probst hypes it up in the preseason.

Considering that the majority or all of the medevacs are men, it probably results in a non Probst fave winning this season.

No wonder SEG dont like this season.

Season 34 will include returnees. He does not believe this is another second chance season. He knows of atleast 15 players that have already been contacted (all from S23 onwards) though he did say he believes some old schoolers are in the mix as well.  He also believes past winners and possible three-peaters are in the mix. It is still early in the process though as the final cast won't be set until atleast mid to late May though it seems pretty clear that Caleb will be included.

Out of the new-ish winners, I'd love to see Kim Spradlin play again.