Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Spoilers

• Start Topic

I'm more impressed by the diverse (and bizarre!) swimsuits than I am by the cast. That tiger, OMG, that TIGER!

Hahaha!  You're so right!  If that Tiger's mouth was just a few inches more southerly.  Yikes!

• Love 1

The tiger is the best, but there seem to be more weird suits than usual in this cast. I wonder if costuming let them have more say in what they wear for some reason this year? I mean, I really like Aubry's pin-up inspired suit, but it's not the usual thing. And there are THREE mix and match bikinis with bandeau tops (which are probably even less practical than string style suits for challenges). 

Also, I am sort of baffled as to why Alecia is on the brawn tribe. She looks as if a stiff wind could blow her over!

The lady with the tiger, though, -- she looks like she's in awesome shape and she's 49!   But that tiger is so extreme, makes me wonder if she agreed to wear it for a swimsuit designer friend (puffy shirt, anyone?).

There's also that swimsuit with the straps across the hips.  Many of the ladies' swimsuits look ridiculously impractical to the situation. 

Yeah, the tribe allocations at least based on looks and jobs seem really arbitrary. 

Edited by Special K
  • Love 2

Hahaha!  You're so right!  If that Tiger's mouth was just a few inches more southerly.  Yikes!

I know a woman with a remarkably similar body tattoo - and Yikes! is definitely an appropriately applicable term.

• Love 1

The lady with the tiger, though, -- she looks like she's in awesome shape and she's 49!   But that tiger is so extreme, makes me wonder if she agreed to wear it for a swimsuit designer friend (puffy shirt, anyone?).

There's also that swimsuit with the straps across the hips.  Many of the ladies' swimsuits look ridiculously impractical to the situation. 

Yeah, the tribe allocations at least based on looks and jobs seem really arbitrary. 

Oh I bet she chose that herself!  Love the Seinfeld reference though! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Haven't been here in a while, but we have press photos so the analyzing for S32 begins !

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-kaoh-rong-episode-1-press-photos-8671

“I’m a Mental Giant” – Castaways embark on the most grueling 39 days in Survivor history and test whether brute strength, looks or smarts will be the attribute that helps capture the title of Sole Survivor.  Also, one castaway deals with excruciating pain when a bug gets stuck in their ear, on SURVIVOR, when the Emmy Award-winning series returns for its 32nd season with a special 90-minute premiere, Wednesday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Edited by anthonyd46

So the good folks over at Sucks have analyzed the photos and based on time stamps the photographer went to the Brawn tribe to take pictures after the IC. So unless they are doing things different this year it looks like the Brawns will be going to the first TC. they have further narrowed down that they think the first boot is either Alecia or Darnell.

After reading Alecia's bio I won't be surprised if it is her.  She doesn't like conflict or lying and wants to be surrounded by sunshine and rainbows.  I have a feeling she's going to rub people the wrong way, early. 

Of course, I like Darnell so I'm hoping it isn't him.  The brawn tribe doesn't seem as brawny as last time, but I'm kind of glad it isn't the brains tribe losing first again.

Castaways embark on the most grueling 39 days in Survivor history and test whether brute strength, looks or smarts will be the attribute that helps capture the title of Sole Survivor.

I know they like to pretend these themes actually mean something to the result, but none of the above is going to matter at the FTC.

After reading Alecia's bio I won't be surprised if it is her.  She doesn't like conflict or lying and wants to be surrounded by sunshine and rainbows.  I have a feeling she's going to rub people the wrong way, early. 

Of course, I like Darnell so I'm hoping it isn't him.  The brawn tribe doesn't seem as brawny as last time, but I'm kind of glad it isn't the brains tribe losing first again.

I know they like to pretend these themes actually mean something to the result, but none of the above is going to matter at the FTC.

The biggest clue so far is this photo from what I have read:

106308_D03284b.jpg

This is walking into a challenge by order of height.

This shot later on :

PaFwqQQ.jpg

Cydney is wearing different clothes and the two people behind Jason are not there. Doesn't look like Jennifer there either. No clue what episode this is from, but its possible all 3 of them are gone by then. 

https://youtu.be/59Zpw46Zayg

A preview for the premiere.  Nothing we haven't seen so far (they are really hyping the drama with evacuations this season).  Even though I'm not feeling this season yet, I'm still giddy with excitement.  Even if it totally bombs, I'll look forward to chatting with everyone once it starts.

So what do we know so far?  3 medevacs, though 2 were people already voted out pre-merge and 1 was in game.  Caleb was said to among those medevaced, though I don't recall if he was still supposedly in the game or not.  If he was voted off and then had to be medically removed from pre-jury Ponderosa, I can't say I'm shocked he was voted off early.

Courtesy of Sucks the brawn tribe allegedly loses the 1st challenge and it may be between Alecia and Darnell going home first.  After listening to/reading interviews with Alecia and getting Probst's analysis (which could totally be wrong) my money is on her going first.  She seems totally un-self aware, and given some of her pet peeves and saying she can fly off the handle, I don't think that'll be a hard vote.  Unless Darnell totally screws it up for himself.  

No spoilers to confirm this, but Peter is giving me a winner's vibe.  We'll see if I still feel that way once the show starts.  

ETA: And here's a sneak peek at the first challenge

http://parade.com/457001/joshwigler/survivor-kaoh-rong-exclusive-first-look-at-season-premieres-immunity-challenge/

Edited by LadyChatts

I feel like this is going to be a loooong season. The fact that they keep hyping up the medical drama makes me think not a heck of a lot happens.

Any chance Nick fell overboard and is missing at sea? Trying way too hard to be the obvious villain. No chance in hell of winning, but I hope he isn't around for the long haul. Also not liking Peter, but I'll give him a shot. Didn't care for Anna "I'll push my boobs up a little more if it helps" that vid. I'm digging Joe and Tai (bonus points to Tai for trying to save the chicken) and I like Scot and Kyle. Caleb I despised already from BB.  Debbie I'm also on the fence with.  Probst thinks she has no shot at winning, so that makes me want her to do well just to prove him wrong.  

Definitely think Alecia is going to be the first boot, if it's between her and Darnell.

ETA: Guess Nick is still with us and apparently already doing damage control. We'll see if he sings a different tune when he's eliminated (I just can't believe this guy will make it to the final 3).

Nick Maiorano
‏@nickmaiorano
I always loathe when players complain about their screen time/edits. To think one warrants more/better is both ignorant and narcissistic.

Edited by LadyChatts

I wish they wouldn't use the chickens anymore.  These contestants get more than enough food throughout the course of the season.  I feel like the chickens are there just for shock value and to create conflict with the vegetarians/lover of all living things contestants.

Two sneak peeks for tomorrow (the first one is just the marooning so nothing that wasn't already in the first 5 minutes preview):

https://youtu.be/-vN4R4rmhAQ

Sneak peek #2 (the lucky contestant who has the bug in her ear?  Jenny.)

https://youtu.be/7ZkB1gAzM60

• Love 1

So two random things in the first five minutes I didn't notice yesterday that kind of cracked me up.

1. Caleb while launching himself off the boat decides to use Liz's head as support as he flings himself overboard.

2. Michelle throwing a coconut from the second deck down to the Beauty's tribe boat and hitting Julia in the head though luckily for her it seemed to just graze her knocking her hat off. 

Oh and Nick is definitely trying way way too hard to be a villain.

• Love 1

Jeff Probst along with Parvati Shallow and Stephen Fishbach did a Q&A where apparently the audience was allowed to see the first episode:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/16/jeff-probst-survivor-q-a-1010-wins/

1. It all but confirms to me that Alecia is the first boot as apparently her tribe mates don't like her all and rather than call her by name they just call her "blondie", which leads to Jeff mentioning that bullying will be an issue later in the season.

(This is my own speculation but based on a "spoiler" that was posted on reddit  I suspect that the victim of this bullying later in the season will be Julia. According to the "spoiler"  she gets into a big fight with Cydney after the merge and then at FTC she berates the F3)

2. Jeff says an "all winners season" is in the cards but they are waiting for enough "good" winners to put together a compelling cast.

3. Jeff says that episode 4 will be one of the most compelling and scary episodes they have ever had. I am guesisng this is one of the medevacs.

Oh goody.  I have this horrible feeling that some of this cast is going to make Dan and Rodney look like saints.  So did they really follow S30 up with Second Chances because it made more sense from the cast reveal point of view, or was this season as bad as S30 from a meanness stand point that they wanted a break in between S30?  This season is sounding like Gabon 2.0.  I really hope Alecia is voted off for reasons other than she doesn't fit in with the big, bad, brawn tribe (I don't get why she's on that tribe, but these tribes seems pretty mis matched anyway).

And here I wanted to like Cydney. Julia was one of the few I'm liking pre-show, so I'm glad she appears to at least make the jury.  If Julia chews the final 3 out, does that mean Cydney makes it, and is it a Shirin style situation where she claims she was being bullied and no one in that final group defended her?  

What was the comment on Sucks about her (Julia) being asked back for S34?  Another Second Chance happening so soon?

Yeah, onward to S33!

Also, I wonder what the winners of Survivor think when Jeff makes a comment like that?

Edited by LadyChatts

2. Jeff says an "all winners season" is in the cards but they are waiting for enough "good" winners to put together a compelling cast.

Translation: We are never, ever gonna invite Vescepia or Danni back. Actually, I think this is to the good bc either are liable to lockbox it to a second win if they are ever on the island again. Sorry, V or Danni fans!

My guess is they were/are waiting for Hatch to be able to leave the US (with his jail time behind him I'm assuming that isn't an issue?) and may be working on winners who have said their Survivor days were behind them.  Danni mentioned that the only way she'd return would be for an all winners season.  I always liked Danni and the Guatemala season as a whole, and I'd much rather see her and Vee come back than the return of Tina, Ethan, Rob, Aras, Chris, or Mike (and I'm sure there's others).  I only want to see Hatch come back to see him crash and burn.

And here I wanted to like Cydney. Julia was one of the few I'm liking pre-show, so I'm glad she appears to at least make the jury.  If Julia chews the final 3 out, does that mean Cydney makes it, and is it a Shirin style situation where she claims she was being bullied and no one in that final group defended her?  

What was the comment on Sucks about her (Julia) being asked back for S34?  Another Second Chance happening so soon?

Yes. The person who posted the spoiler on reddit claims that Julia has already been contacted by CBS to return. I am not sure I am buying that at all though Jeff has had  nothing but positve things to say about her in both his cast assessment and the interview on Parade.com. So who knows

Redmond has said that season 34 will include returnees. 

I hadn't heard Jeff say that (though I might have forgotten).  I figured that another all returnee season was happening soon, though, because more and more Survivors are popping up on SM with remarks about making their presence known. 

Edited by LadyChatts

Survivor waits for no man, not even Hatch. They certainly haven't waited for him the past 6 years. It's clearly about the females.

Yeah he pretty much implied this in that in the Q&A noting that a winner like Parvati, who they love, has already told them she has no interest in returning which means they would have to replace her with someone else.

In terms of Vecepia if she is willing to play again I cannot see them not inviting her. Given the issues they have had over the years regarding diversity not casting the only African American woman to win the game would not look good at all.

Edited by LanceM

Yeah he pretty much implied this in that in the Q&A noting that a winner like Parvati, who they love, has already told them she has no interest in returning which means they would have to replace her with someone else.

In terms of Vecepia if she is willing to play again I cannot see them not inviting her. Given the issues they have had over the years regarding diversity not casting the only African American woman to win the game would not look good at all.

V has been on record a few times that she would gladly play again but it's pretty obvious the show doesnt want her. Besides Natalie Anderson can fill the "brown girl" winner quota.

And Earl is making waves on SM for a comeback and he would fill the AA quota.

• Love 1

In reality, taking out Sandra, Vee, and possibly Jeremy (he said he was done), Yul, and Earle (who I think both said they were done) doesn't leave them much in terms of diverse winners.  They'd have Natalie from SJDS, who I think would be a shoo-in to return if she wanted to.  I do think Vee had said in the past she'd return if the offer was there. 

Now, given the circumstances of playing in an all winners season, I don't know if that would entice certain winners to reconsider or not.  And Jeremy just got down with his second season, and he alluded to being targeted for being a winner in another returnee season.  At least in an all winner season he wouldn't have to worry about that target.  

ETA: thanks hepburn for the Earle comment.  I couldn't remember with him if he had said he'd return or not.  I thought he declined an invite for either FvsF or HvsV, but those seasons fell pretty close to his original season so that could certainly have been why.

Edited by LadyChatts

There is no "reality" of leaving out Sandra, Earl, or Yul. 

Sandra would play again in a NY min. She would think it's another easy mil. She's "The Queen".

Earl and Yul have never said never. They just happen to have real lives and real jobs so are not desperate like the average survivor. However, if you listen to either of them on a podcast, it's obvious that both want to come back.

• Love 1

I know they would take Sandra back anytime if she wanted to return, but I don't know about Yul or Earle at this point.  I agree that on the male side of things, they probably have a better picture of who they want.  Female side maybe not so much.

To go back on topic: I haven't been keeping up with spoilers as much this season as I did the last few.  On Sucks, based on screencap evidence, they had it as Alecia and Darnell as being the first boot.  Since it seems all but confirmed it'll be Alecia, I do wonder if Darnell isn't far behind.  Much like Alecia, he doesn't seem like a fit for the brawn tribe.  I see Scot/Kyle/Cydney possibly teaming up together, being the muscle of their tribe, until the swap.  I wonder if this is like a repeat of the Luzon tribe during the original B/B/B, except here the brawn tribe fails miserably in the beginning.

Do we know who the medevacs are besides Caleb?

Also, one castaway deals with excruciating pain when a bug gets stuck in their ear

Well, that's just nightmare-level for me. Here's to hoping I can sleep well tonight:)
Oh hell no! A million years ago I watched a movie about finding the source of the Nile River & during the expedition one guy had a bug crawl in his ear. If I remember correctly, although I've tried to block it out, he went a bit nuts & poked something sharp in there to kill it, almost killing himself. It's took me weeks to sleep soundly & to this day I sleep with the covers over my ear. One more reason I could never do Survivor. I'm going to have to read previews of each episode until that happens & I won't be watching it. *shiver*
  • Love 1

Oh hell no! A million years ago I watched a movie about finding the source of the Nile River & during the expedition one guy had a bug crawl in his ear. If I remember correctly, although I've tried to block it out, he went a bit nuts & poked something sharp in there to kill it, almost killing himself. It's took me weeks to sleep soundly & to this day I sleep with the covers over my ear. One more reason I could never do Survivor. I'm going to have to read previews of each episode until that happens & I won't be watching it. *shiver*

I'm pretty certain I remember that same scene in that same movie (IIRC he destroyed his eardrum in the process), but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the movie. Can you?

ETA: Found it! Mountains of the Moon

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

Well it was Darnell that went home. This cast looks terrible. 

Didn't the posters at Sucks have it between Alecia and Darnell?  I thought for sure it was going to be Alecia, but I think she's probably next if the brawn tribe loses.  

Didn't the posters at Sucks have it between Alecia and Darnell?  I thought for sure it was going to be Alecia, but I think she's probably next if the brawn tribe loses.  

They were pretty much Alecia after some Probst viewing party yesterday where they were having a lot of negative comments towards her. I thought it was Darnell the whole time there was just no PR for him or mention of him pre show at all. 

What to make of the idea, floated in the episode thread, that Alecia, Tai, and Debbie are all on the wrong tribe, and that they'll get sorted onto their "right" tribe (Alecia = Beauty, Tai = Brains, Debbie = Brawn)?

Of course, that throws the gender split out of whack.

Going along with this, and if Julia is bullied by Cydney and goes off on the final 3 (or one of the final 3), I wonder if Cydney is in fact in the final 3.  Jeff has been pretty mum about this season, though I know he vowed after his hype completely failed for S30 that he wasn't going to hype any forthcoming season (but when will that stop him). 

Edited by LadyChatts

Going along with this, and if Julia is bullied by Cydney and goes off on the final 3 (or one of the final 3), I wonder if Cydney is in fact in the final 3.  Jeff has been pretty mum about this season, though I know he vowed after his hype completely failed for S30 that he wasn't going to hype any forthcoming season (but when will that stop him). 

Well Jeff did not seem thrilled at the end of the episode last night so it matches up to that post pretty well.