Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

Redmond has the theme for next season. It's Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn 2. Yawn.

He has 10 of the cast members as well. They're listed here. He also said that there's a 72 year old in the cast, but he hasn't found them yet.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Scot Pollard? Really? I remember him mostly because I work in Sacramento, and he spent some time with the Kings... but it's mostly his weird hairdos and facial hair that made him stand out. I assume he's on Brawn?

(edited)

Will the "Second Chances" season be aired next, even though season 31 has already been filmed?  And do we have an air date yet for next season?

Yes, the Second Chances season will air in the fall and this season will air in the spring.

I feel bad for these people having to wait so long to find out who won.

Edited by peachmangosteen

I feel like Survivor is bending towards trying to get a new audience on board, rather than keeping what works for the old-school fans.  The weird editing, the clear "characters," and the quick filming of #32 to get it on air before #31 irks me a little bit.

I would like to see a season with no theme repeats, no returnees, no superfans, and no "hidden" immunity idols stuck in the forks of odd-looking trees.  While I'm sure everyone who applies at this point has seen the show, perhaps casting needs to be tightened up better?

• Love 2

When was this filmed? I thought the seasons for Fall and Spring were shot back to back over the summer months  (late May-through August?) per Jeff's contract/expressed wishes?

*sigh*  Is there something wrong with, I don't know, just dividing them into 3 tribes for the hell of it without a theme attached?  Last season, Jeff said doing a second BvsW was a misfire on their part, but the first one went so well, so how could they screw it up again!  So hey, the last popular season was B/B/B, so why not try and re-create that formula since it worked so well before!  After this season's disaster, I was hoping we wouldn't have themes for awhile.

So I guess a tell tale sign for the second chance crowd as to who lasted the longest will be who comes back looking like they went 10 rounds with Mother Nature and lost, judging from that article.  I remember both Africa and Thailand, there was a lot of laying around and boring down time due to the location and conditions they were in.  I hope that's not the case here.  I'm really excited to be going somewhere new.

When was this filmed? I thought the seasons for Fall and Spring were shot back to back over the summer months  (late May-through August?) per Jeff's contract/expressed wishes?

This was filmed starting at the end of March-beginning of May.  I don't know exactly why they sped up filming on it.  My theory was either it had to do with the location, and this was the best time to film, or things happened during WA (like the reveal of the double vote advantage) that they didn't want the newbies to know about, since it sounds like it will be back.  This season was supposed to be the fall one, but it is being pushed back to the spring to make way for second chancers in the fall.

• Love 1

Surgery for both cast and crew?  Yikes!

NOOOOOOO!  No Beast Mode Cowboy!!!  Big Brother was bad enough, now he has to ruin Survivor?

That seems pretty bad.  I hope we don't get a lot of emergency medevacs because of that.

Completely agree about Caleb.  There are people from BB I wouldn't mind seeing cross over, but he certainly wasn't high on my list.  Can't say that cast looks very appealing,

Surgery for both cast and crew?  Yikes!

NOOOOOOO!  No Beast Mode Cowboy!!!  Big Brother was bad enough, now he has to ruin Survivor?

That seems pretty bad.  I hope we don't get a lot of emergency medevacs because of that.

Completely agree about Caleb.  There are people from BB I wouldn't mind seeing cross over, but he certainly wasn't high on my list.  Can't say that cast looks very appealing,

*sigh*  Is there something wrong with, I don't know, just dividing them into 3 tribes for the hell of it without a theme attached?  Last season, Jeff said doing a second BvsW was a misfire on their part, but the first one went so well, so how could they screw it up again!  So hey, the last popular season was B/B/B, so why not try and re-create that formula since it worked so well before!  After this season's disaster, I was hoping we wouldn't have themes for awhile.

This season sucked because of the people cast, not because it had a theme.

This season sucked because of the people cast, not because it had a theme.

I think the theme ruined the season.  And the whole stereotyping everything based on their "collar", even Jeff in interviews.  I'm fine never hearing 'it's the blue collar way' or 'I'll go with the flow, very no collar of me' again.  I believe this season actually had a lot of potential and might have turned out far more interesting had it not been for the collar concept.

• Love 1

Caleb??  UGH, seriously?  And he's so incredibly dumb and full of himself that people will likely keep him around as a goat.  Unless he becomes an immunity threat, in which case he'll still probably make the jury.  Also, more misogyny, yay!  Fuck you, Survivor casting people.

• Love 2

I remember seeing an interview with Rachel Reilly after she and Brendan were on the Amazing Race, saying they wanted to be Reality show triathletes. I'm calling it now, if they have another season of Blood vs. Watch before the Brenchels breed, they will be there.

• Love 2

At least Caleb being on Survivor will make Frankie's head explode so that makes me happy.   And agree, Caleb is visually very appealing to me but when he opens his mouth, I have to grab the remote to hit mute!

• Love 6

My friend (not a Survivor fan) was in Koh Rong Cambodia last month and could see the beach where Season32 (and Season 31) were being filmed.

She said there was a lot of activity with boats (and people going going back and forth).

She also said it that while it is a beautiful location, it is brutally, brutally hot.

So sorry she's wasn't plugged in enough to get us some spoilers!

Caleb??  UGH, seriously?  And he's so incredibly dumb and full of himself that people will likely keep him around as a goat.  Unless he becomes an immunity threat, in which case he'll still probably make the jury.  Also, more misogyny, yay!

Yep.  They've already lost me for that season until I see that he is gone.

I don't know what I'll do if he falls in love with a girl on the island.

Yep, this is what freaks me out.  Caleb is like a scary combo of Brandon Hantz and Vince.  He legit seems to think that if he is attracted to a woman, he is simply ENTITLED to her, and if she feels differently, she's evil or a whore or whatever.  And unfortunately, he will likely stick around for challenge strength and because he will no doubt form some sort of "bro" alliance.  Although, if one of his bros talks to the object of his desire, he MIGHT get Vince'd or even "Brandon" himself out of the game... I hope for the former.  I don't need to see Jeff massaging Beast Mode Cowboy's shoulders on the beach while everyone is freaking out wondering exactly wtf he is capable of.  

• Love 5

Yep, this is what freaks me out.  Caleb is like a scary combo of Brandon Hantz and Vince.  He legit seems to think that if he is attracted to a woman, he is simply ENTITLED to her, and if she feels differently, she's evil or a whore or whatever.  And unfortunately, he will likely stick around for challenge strength and because he will no doubt form some sort of "bro" alliance.  Although, if one of his bros talks to the object of his desire, he MIGHT get Vince'd or even "Brandon" himself out of the game... I hope for the former.  I don't need to see Jeff massaging Beast Mode Cowboy's shoulders on the beach while everyone is freaking out wondering exactly wtf he is capable of.

He did have a girlfriend before he went out so hopefully he won't fall in love with anyone.

Caleb was certainly delusional about more than one thing.  He also helped put together the most powerful alliance, that pretty well ran the season while protecting its members... won a bunch of challenges... had the loyalty of most others in his alliance... and got real, real deep into a game that is even more social than Survivor. 

His physical abilities should keep him safe early on.  If he puts together another excellent alliance, like he did in BB, he could go far in Survivor as well. 

• Love 2

In all honesty, Caleb's weirdness was the only thing that made the last season of BB bearable for me.

I hate to admit it, but same. I mean most of the people that season were awful. At least Caleb's delusions were sometimes entertaining. It was really only the Amber stuff that was legit scary. But that was pretty fucking scary.

• Love 2
(edited)

Something tells me Caleb's not going do well. I think people forget how disconcerting his personality could be, even outside his psycho crush. He was nearly taken out twice early, once when he voluntarily decided to go on the block. He got lucky to be in BB16, which was basically the Big Brother equivalent of Redemption Island, one player and mostly sheep. In order for him to do well, he's going to need the exact same set-up where a puppetmaster basically values his loyalty to such a degree that they'll protect from himself. It's a thin line between being a Brandon Hantz and a Vince. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 2

Sharpening my pencil to jot down all the Caleb achievement embellishments...you know he will get a ton of TH's because of BB.

On the bright side it will only be 1 hour a week instead of 3 hours.

You know Caleb will go into camp expecting EVERYONE to know who he is...I would love if not one person recognized him....that would be EPIC!!

• Love 2

Detract. Think Africa or one of the other brutal seasons. The contestants will have even less energy then usual and that will decrease what they do around camp and screw with competition performance.

I remember one of the complaints about Africa and Thailand were the conditions.  Not so much that it proved a disadvantage for competitions (except maybe in Africa), but that everyone just laid around, doing nothing but complaining.  Thailand was during monsoon season, so they couldn't do much exploring.  It made them miserable to just have to hang around camp.  And in Africa, they weren't allowed to venture out too far from camp due to the wildlife.  Which doesn't always equate to good TV watching.  For the second chancers, it may be more eye roll inducing since they've been there, done that.

I'm actually surprised, since they already filmed S32, if it was that bad that they wouldn't have found a different location.  I can see them wanting the contestants to suffer (to point, if it doesn't cause a bunch of medevacs or whining).  But if the crew got it just as bad, I'm surprised they wouldn't have looked for an alternative location for S31.  Unless it was contractual.  I'm just glad we are getting different scenery than Nicaragua. 

It is the location where the French player died of an unknown pre-existing heart condition. They shoot seasons back to back now to save money. This way they don't have to rest Production village, shops for building challenges and the like. It saves them a lot of cash. I would also guess that they rent the area for that time. Moving would mean losing the prepaid money and all the costs to set up.

(edited)

S32 already filmed and was supposed to air in the fall as S31.  However, when second chances was announced, it got bumped to the spring so second chances could air first.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

The following is dubious given that it comes from the same source behind "both Twinnies make the (SJdS) Jury!"; nonetheless, it's highly gratifying if true:

Caleb had severe heat exhaustion, medical pulled him from the game, and he was air lifted out of camp.

I have no idea how many days he lasted. Just don't expect to see his torch snuffed at TC.

a8527321d76540e4a884d88faf951855_r.jpg

11242517_451417335026049_1982014192_n.jp

(edited)

I could believe it.  If the conditions are truly that bad, I expect to see medevacs (at least one) for each season filmed there.  I could care less about losing Caleb, though I do hate to see people taken out of the game for that reason.  I wonder if they will do an additional boot that episode, and have a final 2 instead of a final 3.

This new cast doesn't really appeal to me in pictures, so I hope it's a good group.  It seems like a bargain version of the original B/B/B. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1