Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Spoilers

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Big Mother said:

The food auctions were done away with since Shirin and Mike broke the auction in WA.

Are you sure they were permanently removed?  Rules can be made to avoid what happened, easily. 

• Love 1

Probst gave an interview before this season (I think? It may have been last season) where he said they'd come up with a way to fix the auction, so presumably it'll be back in the rotation sooner rather than later.

The auction seems like an easy fix.

1. Don't let people buy letters from home for the same price as the winning bidder
  2. Don't announce an advantage or idol clue, just hide them with a food item to encourage people to bid early and often
  • Love 4

The advantage is 0-3 so far.  I wish they'd get rid of it.  Or, next season, do something different.  Everyone pretty much knows it'll be an extra vote at this point.

I do agree that if they put it back in the auction, they shouldn't tell what it is.  Hide it in something else.

One thing I miss is when Probst use to tempt the contestants during the challenges.  One of my favorites was when Alexis from Micronesia prematurely dropped out of the second II for cookies and milk, but didn't get them.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

Probst gave an interview before this season (I think? It may have been last season) where he said they'd come up with a way to fix the auction, so presumably it'll be back in the rotation sooner rather than later.

I read (I think in EW) that the way they thought they had fixed the auction was to take the "advantage" out of the general auction and offer it in a reward challenge where the rewards are broken into categories and you must choose.  Which they just did, which Tai won.

• Love 1

This week. 

One castaway has a hard time dealing with being betrayed by their strongest ally. Plus, an indulging Reward Challenge unexpectedly wreaks havoc on another castaway on the penultimate episode of Survivor: Kaoh Rong entitled "With Me Or Not With Me."

I know a lot of you don't like Missyae. I honestly have no opinions either way. But he has been totally correct this season, right down to the evacuation of Joe at 5. He says Michele wins. I think that will happen. I wonder if she wins the last immunity?

1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I know a lot of you don't like Missyae. I honestly have no opinions either way. But he has been totally correct this season, right down to the evacuation of Joe at 5. He says Michele wins. I think that will happen. I wonder if she wins the last immunity?

You're right. Most of us dont care bc he's scummy. And anyway, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

2 hours ago, thehepburn said:

You're right. Most of us dont care bc he's scummy. And anyway, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It was pretty obvious the Joe evac was happening at 5. Dr. Joe was absent for like 4 or 5 episodes and we all knew until he was back Joe was safe. The first time Dr. Joe is back there went Joe. 

(edited)

I guess this could be considered a potential spoiler even though it's from the preview - the new preview shows Michelle wearing the immunity necklace at 18 seconds in. Now, I'm not entirely pretty damn sure it's from this next episode. It might be old footage from her last win in Julia's boot episode but probably not. I've gone back and forth on this at least four six times.

MichelleImmunity.JPG

We see her walking to tribal in front of Aubry and at least one other person. When she won immunity last time, she did walk in front of Aubry, followed by Joe. Michele's hair also looks identical except from a flower that might just be hidden due to the angle, and the lighting is very similar. 

However, in the preview clip Aubry is wearing her blue triangle-patterned shirt, whereas in Julia's boot episode it looks like she's wearing her blue vest while they're walking - although she is wearing the triangle-patterned thing at the actual tribal. The shape behind Aubry also looks like it might be Cydney's face and braids. I originally thought this was Joe's arm and the straws from Cydney's torch behind him, but more and more I'm leaning towards it being Cydney.

Basically, right now I believe this actually is new footage, and Michele is heading to tribal wearing immunity followed by Aubry and Cydney. We don't know if Tai is with them. I also don't know how much the interns were drinking when they put these clips together, because the immunity necklace is front and center.

ETA: Added picture.

ETA2: Aubry seems to be wearing a bag on her left shoulder in the preview, but in Julia's boot episode it looks to be on her right. I also 99% sure she was wearing her buff around her neck (like she was at tribal) but here it's on her head. Barring any photoshop magic, this is new footage.

Edited by Xazeal
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, wings707 said:

It is a F2,  Jeff said as much.  

Did he? I only saw where he said it could be, but I may well have missed something else. If it's the same interview that I'm thinking of, I didn't think much of the comment, because he was asked if the number of people in the final episode meant there was a final 2 and he simply replied that it could mean that. I thought he was noncommittal. I also don't really buy that just because there's only 4 in the final episode, there must be a final 2. Last time this came up, I looked over the past 10-15 seasons on IMDB, and there were some with 4 people in the last episode and a final 3. I think the last one was S26, although that one was meant to have five for the last episode. Season 25 had 4 people, and that seemed to be planned. Not common, but not unheard of, either.

33 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

Did he? I only saw where he said it could be, but I may well have missed something else. If it's the same interview that I'm thinking of, I didn't think much of the comment, because he was asked if the number of people in the final episode meant there was a final 2 and he simply replied that it could mean that. I thought he was noncommittal. I also don't really buy that just because there's only 4 in the final episode, there must be a final 2. Last time this came up, I looked over the past 10-15 seasons on IMDB, and there were some with 4 people in the last episode and a final 3. I think the last one was S26, although that one was meant to have five for the last episode. Season 25 had 4 people, and that seemed to be planned. Not common, but not unheard of, either.

Yeah, same interview (Dalton).  He was doing a cagey answer for show.  Of course it is an F2.  That is what I got. 

• Love 1
On 5/13/2016 at 1:48 PM, Xazeal said:

Basically, right now I believe this actually is new footage, and Michele is heading to tribal wearing immunity followed by Aubry and Cydney. We don't know if Tai is with them. I also don't know how much the interns were drinking when they put these clips together, because the immunity necklace is front and center.

Nice catch.

I think this is most likely from the first TC in the finale. I don't see how it's not either Aubry or Cydney that goes first, and the other wins unless Tai/Michele win final immunity and take the other (the best move for either of them, IMHO).

Been awhile since we had a finale without an obvious winner. Nice to see.

(edited)

Redmond hinted on twitter that a final three is not out of the question. If it is a final three, we know Michele is a finalist.

The popular theory seems to be that if this is true, the second TC of the finale will actually be about a jury twist, which has been so widely speculated at this point that I can't remember if there's any solid information backing it up. Like others have said I assume the twist involves voting out a juror, or one player gets to remove a juror as a reward.

I'm leaning towards this being true. I've been wondering what that Ponderosa footage was about and I really can't find nine people in those photos. I can see Jason, Joe, Julia, Nick, Cydney, Scot, and one other person where there should be three. If it's actually a F3 of Michele/Aubry/Tai and a juror is voted out, it could mean either Debbie or Neal is actually missing from the picture, having been removed from the jury. Neal is also a likely choice for Michele/Tai to remove, being a surefire vote for Aubry.

Edited by Xazeal
  • Love 1

I always like venturing into the spoiler thread after the conclusion to see how accurate it was, since I don't spoil myself as it is airing.

I'm confused about that photo that people said was of the contestants walking to tribal from Ponderosa.  How can that be, if Tai is in the photo?

8 hours ago, blackwing said:

I always like venturing into the spoiler thread after the conclusion to see how accurate it was, since I don't spoil myself as it is airing.

I'm confused about that photo that people said was of the contestants walking to tribal from Ponderosa.  How can that be, if Tai is in the photo?

8 hours ago, thehepburn said:

The ppl who said Tai was in the photo were obviously wrong. that's all. 

Did we even determine that it was on the way to FTC instead of afterwards? Maybe I missed some posts. 

All I gotta say is... Final 3. I was pretty sure Jeff was just stringing the Internet along with the F2 possibility. Never trust a pattern. 

24 minutes ago, stillhere1900 said:
On 5/9/2016 at 4:48 PM, Big Mother said:

The food auctions were done away with since Shirin and Mike broke the auction in WA.

What happened ?

Letters from home came up for auction and several people wanted them, but they also wanted to save all their money in case the chance to bid on a game advantage came up. Shirin explained to everyone that if one person bid and won the letter, then Jeff would allow anyone else willing to pay the same amount to buy their letter as well (which is what he had done in the past, although it was by no means a hard-and-fast rule). So Carolyn, Dan, and Mike all agreed that one of them would make a highest bid of $20, all three of them would buy their letter, and each would be left with $480 so that they'd all have an equal chance if a game advantage came up. So I think that's the sense in which they "broke" the auction, because everyone was cooperating in what TPTB wanted to be a competitive thing. But as people have said upthread, the easy fix is for Jeff not to allow everyone to buy a letter at the winning bid price.

In any case, the way it played out that season was that Mike started to back out of buying his letter, meaning he'd be the only one with $500 if a game advantage came up. Carolyn lost her shit and tried to return her letter, so Mike immediately reversed course and bought his letter. If Mike was going to do that anyway, I wish he would have waited just a bit and that Jeff would have told Carolyn that there are no returns because I would have enjoyed seeing her stupid face when he said it. This was the event that put Mike permanently on the outs with his alliance.

Like Blackwing, I like venturing here after to season to see what was spoiled or not beforehand. So when I see a post like the one quoted above, which I like a lot because it's very straightforward, it seems to me that the season WAS spoiled, and very much so :)