Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Wasted Talent

• Start Topic

With a 1.5 million dollar boat of his own and more King Crab quota more than any other captain in the fleet, Elliott Neese throws it all away and bids a final farewell. With a baby on the way, Jake Anderson struggles to fill Edgar's shoes on the Northwestern.

In Elliot's case "wasted" is probably literal.

• Love 4

WhiteOwl - It appears that way from the commerical preview I saw last night. What a sad waste of talent.  I am shocked to hear Elliott has more quota than anyone else.

• Love 3

WhiteOwl - It appears that way from the commerical preview I saw last night. What a sad waste of talent.  I am shocked to hear Elliott has more quota than anyone else.

Does Elliot get arrested?  Or does he just bounce?

all he needs is a captain to run the boat.  he can stay ashore and cash the checks.

or park the boat or sell the boat.    and lease out the quota.

I'd like to read more about this quota stuff.     what little I've read about it makes it seem like owning quota (and leasing it out) is where the best/easy   money is.

(edited)

Clod - from what I read, owners of quota can make a bundle of money leasing it out. After Phil died, Cornelia Devlin leased her quota and made really good money. What I don't get is how does Elliott of all people have the money to lease the highest amount of quota.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ewww, did Elliot just scratch himself on camera? What a gross pig.

The only reason those guys on the Saga didn't kick the shit out of Elliot was because the cameras were there.

What happened with Elliot? Did he quit or just quit the show?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

Do we need any further proof Josh is only there for the cameras?    No, I am not sending my crab boat out to catch crab, I'm going to have my boat sitting in port.   Sure there are expenses associated with going out.   But there are expenses associated with sitting in port too.  Guess which one has the chance of offsetting those expenses?     He has a plan and wants to save.   Keith was so right about how you can't save if you are barely paying your bills.    Remember, Keith was $3 in debt at one point and has mostly climbed out.   He may be all the way out.   Sure Disco money and merchandising helped.   But there is a reason those boats are out 11 months out of the year.

Going to break my rule about Elliott.   Just to say ewwwwwwwww.   There are girls on twitter posting "Hang in there, I still think you are hot.   Call me."   EWWWWWWWW.   Have they seen this guy?   And how he treats the women in his life?   Sweetie you aint' gonna be any different.    He was a danger to himself and everyone else on that boat.   So glad he is off the show.  Now I don't have to even think about him anymore.

Huge Congrats to Jake A.    But Sig, he is already a man.   He has grown up so much on this show.   

• Love 6

I hope that's the last we ever see of Elliott. He had/has capabilities but wasted it all doing drugs.

Josh Harris is an idiot and is out for camera time and not to be a successful crab fisherman. Keith was absolutely correct. Josh should be crabbing as much as he can. Maybe the tanner season won't be filmed.

Sig needs to let Jake Anderson actually hear the compliments and not just the complaints and jibes.

• Love 4

I can't decide who I hated more tonight- Josh or Elliott. Wow.

Josh has a crazy sense of self importance. The older captains have all tried to assist and educate him, help Josh be successful. Keith may not be everyone's (anyone's??) favorite, but the man knows what he's talking about when it comes to crab fishing and boat owning and bill paying. For Josh to call Keith disrespectful and jealous was just delusional.

I hope Elliott's license gets pulled. I hope Disco gives that sorry greasy weasel his wish and stops filming him. I hope the mother of his kids packs up and moves as far away from him as possible.

• Love 7

The only reason those guys on the Saga didn't kick the shit out of Elliot was because the cameras were there.

I think the Discovery guys finally drew the line when Elliott was obviously doing drugs and captaining the boat. No one else on the boat had any power over him. It would also explain Elliott's comment that The show isn't worth it.

I can't decide who I hated more tonight- Josh or Elliott. Wow.

Josh has a crazy sense of self importance. The older captains have all tried to assist and educate him, help Josh be successful. Keith may not be everyone's (anyone's??) favorite, but the man knows what he's talking about when it comes to crab fishing and boat owning and bill paying. For Josh to call Keith disrespectful and jealous was just delusional.

I hope Elliott's license gets pulled. I hope Disco gives that sorry greasy weasel his wish and stops filming him. I hope the mother of his kids packs up and moves as far away from him as possible.

Keith definitely knows his business and cares about people, but he has those temper outbursts and times when he's bats$&t crazy. I swing hot and cold on him depending on what's going on, but he absolutely knows his business. Josh is trying to live a plot line in front of the cameras with the least amount of effort possible. Keith was right, he's going to lose it all.

• Love 3

I'm sure it was a gigantic liability risk for Discovery if they knowingly filmed Eliot whacked out of his mind piloting a large seagoing vessel with 8 or 9 people on board, and did nothing. Good riddance.

I never realized what a complete douchebag Josh Harris was until now. Josh benefited from his brother being an absolutely worthless loser; in comparison, Josh looked almost mature and responsible. But that of course is a total illusion.

• Love 9

Didn't see the whole episode but it looks like the Discovery crew shut Elliot down.  Either give over the wheel or we're calling the Coast Guard.  And Elliot has decided to kick Discovery off the boat.  I won't miss him at all. 

• Love 5

I am as non judgemental as most, but...I'm sorry, Elliott is a jerk and I'm done giving a crap about him. 

Yes, he needs help.  And probably the best thing for him is getting away from the D.C. cameras and staying away from fishing for awhile.  At the same time, I can't believe how irresponsible the guy is.  Doing heroin on a crabbing vessel in the Bering Sea is not only incredbily stupid and reckless (for both him and the crew), but also highly illegal as well.  I'd be surprised if he would allow to captain a ship out there again -- certainly not anytime soon.

And then to further endanger the crew by having inexperienced hands try to throw the hook and run the hydraulics -- that's just pretty darn unforgiveable -- I don't care how many drugs he was taking at the time.  You just don't do that.  Unreal.

Josh got on my nerves as well.  Like others on here, Keith runs hot and cold to me.  Wasn't thrilled that Keith fished through the storm (especially after Freddy got whacked).  But the guy does know what it takes to keep a business afloat, er, so to speak.  Josh is pretty much a neophyte at both the crabbing and business side of things.  He's an idiot for not listening to what Keith has to say. 

Just hope now the Saga saga is now over.

• Love 5
(edited)

What a great episode, for all the wrong reasons.

The scenes of drugged-up, bed-head Elliott eating like a mental patient with a spoon and scratching his balls were unintentionally hilarious.   And the bemused look relief captain Jeff gave to the cameras as Elliott explained he was on deck to keep his bod sexy for Val was pure comedy gold.   Not so funny when the pot tumbled over and could have killed someone, but I suppose that's what happens when Captain Ahab Rehab orders a greenhorn with no winch experience to man the winch.

Speaking of laughs, the bit between Jake Anderson and the deckhand who suggested he maybe just might be the father of Jake's unborn child was better than anything on today's most popular sitcoms.

Then we pay a visit to the Cornelia Marie, where the "paper captain" is not very concerned about the tangled lifelines on the deck, but hey check out the new captain chairs with built-in massage units!   I wonder, do they massage the ego as well?  Because that's what Josh Harris wants more than anything.   He doesn't want crusty old Keith giving him advice or confronting him with the truth.   Josh has worked too hard (sometimes even in chairs without Magic Fingers) to concern himself with the basic facts of crabbing -- like, to catch crab, you actually have to go out and catch crab.   Loved the puffery as Josh strutted before his men like a junior high mean girl, declaring that Keith (who currently has the biggest numbers) is jealous of him.   I was yelling at the television, "No, Keith!  Don't save him!"  But the moron turned down Keith's offer of sure crab anyway!  Boy, did Keith nail it when he sneered that Josh thinks he's a "rock star fisherman."    

Edited by millennium
  • Love 19

The scenes of drugged-up, bed-head Elliott eating like a mental patient with a spoon and scratching his balls were unintentionally hilarious.   And the bemused look relief captain Jeff gave to the cameras as Elliott explained he was on deck to keep his bod sexy for Val was pure comedy gold.   Not so funny when the pot tumbled over and could have killed someone, but I suppose that's what happens when Captain Ahab Rehab orders a greenhorn with no winch experience to man the winch.

Speaking of laughs, the bit between Jake Anderson and the deckhand who suggested he maybe just might be the father of Jake's unborn child was better than anything on today's most popular sitcoms.

Then we pay a visit to the Cornelia Marie, where the "paper captain" is not very concerned about the tangled lifelines on the deck, but hey check out the new captain chairs with built-in massage units!   I wonder, do they massage the ego as well?  Because that's what Josh Harris wants more than anything.   He doesn't want crusty old Keith giving him advice or confronting him with the truth.   Josh has worked too hard (sometimes even in chairs without Magic Fingers) to concern himself with the basic facts of crabbing -- like, to catch crab, you actually have to go out and catch crab.   Loved the puffery as Josh strutted before his men like a junior high mean girl, declaring that Keith (who currently has the biggest numbers) is jealous of him.   I was yelling at the television, "No, Keith!  Don't save him!"  But the moron turned down Keith's offer of sure crab anyway!  Boy, did Keith nail it when he sneered that Josh thinks he's a "rock star fisherman."    

Captain Rehab, omg, I wish I'd thought of that.  Perfect.    

The exchange about Jake Anderson's son reminded me of what I really like about DC.  It's not Captain Rehab or Josh playing to the cameras.  It's when the boats are working and we're seeing a slice of the day to day life on the boats.  

You've also characterized Josh perfectly.  Paper captain and a junior high mean girl, at best.   Notice that he doesn't get scruffy during the course of time at sea.  Everyone else starts skipping shaves, starts to look exhausted, but Josh is groomed and fresh.   They're crabbing.  He's a "star".

• Love 8

Josh Harris is an idiot and is out for camera time and not to be a successful crab fisherman. Keith was absolutely correct. Josh should be crabbing as much as he can. Maybe the tanner season won't be filmed.

Whoa, forget about his I-don't-know-nothin'-'bout-fishin'-tanner-crabs plan. I think you hit the nail on the head.

• Love 2

Well it looks like they focused mostly on the young(ish) crowd tonight (at least only Elliot, Josh, and Jake). And Jake's the only one who seems to be in a good place. Yeah, he needs to get some more confidence and a thicker skin, but at least he's not a disaster like josh or Elliot.

Where was Casey when they were offloading? Would he have let the CM deck be such a mess? I'd laugh if the Coast Guard stopped by to do one of their random checks, because I'm sure the CM would probably flunk the safety test.

With so much focus on the Wizard, Saga, and NW, I fully expect that the Cape Caution and Time Bandit get 99% of the screen time during opies (or at least they should).

And of course Roger and the other one want more money. Jerks.

• Love 3

Captain Rehab, omg, I wish I'd thought of that.  Perfect.    

The exchange about Jake Anderson's son reminded me of what I really like about DC.  It's not Captain Rehab or Josh playing to the cameras.  It's when the boats are working and we're seeing a slice of the day to day life on the boats.  

You've also characterized Josh perfectly.  Paper captain and a junior high mean girl, at best.   Notice that he doesn't get scruffy during the course of time at sea.  Everyone else starts skipping shaves, starts to look exhausted, but Josh is groomed and fresh.   They're crabbing.  He's a "star".

So what happened to Elliot?  Did Discovery shut him down?  Everybody was talking as if Elliot was leaving, but then he said that he was just getting the cameras off his boat.  So what happened?  Did Discovery call the Coast Guard?  If not, they should have.  Elliot should be in jail for doing drugs on a crab boat (almost wrote crap boat).  Someone could have been killed or seriously hurt.  And he's trying to be sexy for Val?  Please, that woman doesn't want him, at least I hope not, if she does want him then she's as dumb as he is.

And Josh is only there to be on TV, it's that simple.  And you know what's funny about that?  Though we on this board realize that and think that Josh is an asshole, I am CERTAIN that there are many, many, many young women who think that Josh is hot and are probably sending him their panties right now.  

• Love 6

So what happened to Elliot?  Did Discovery shut him down?  Everybody was talking as if Elliot was leaving, but then he said that he was just getting the cameras off his boat.  So what happened?  Did Discovery call the Coast Guard?  If not, they should have.  Elliot should be in jail for doing drugs on a crab boat (almost wrote crap boat).  Someone could have been killed or seriously hurt.  And he's trying to be sexy for Val?  Please, that woman doesn't want him, at least I hope not, if she does want him then she's as dumb as he is.

And Josh is only there to be on TV, it's that simple.  And you know what's funny about that?  Though we on this board realize that and think that Josh is an asshole, I am CERTAIN that there are many, many, many young women who think that Josh is hot and are probably sending him their panties right now.  

I really thought he was going to be arrested.  I thought we saw a police car with it's lights on in a recent preview, but no.   There still isn't any official word why Elliott handed the wheel over to his relief captain.  I think it had to be the Discovery guys drawing the line once they saw him actively using.  There's no way that any of the crew or his relief captain could have talked him into that and he's an ego driven idiot so he wouldn't come to that decision himself.  He also seemed pissed at the camera guys.   When the ship reached the dock, he bolted for the plane.  Didn't watch the crab be unloaded.  Didn't make sure the ship was cleaned and set up for whatever is next.  Nothing but him leaving skidmarks away from dock, almost literally. Then at the door of the plane, he made it seem like he was saying goodbye to the cameras for good.   I googled and see that he's talking about having been through rehab again, this time maybe finishing.  Nothing from Discovery.  I hope this is the end of him on the show.

I don't get why women lust after Josh.  I've seen comments long that line on posts on the DC Facebook page.  They must be buying into the plotline he's been trying to spin.  Guy overcoming adversity to take over his father legacy, romantic as heck I guess.  He's an idiot, seems a bit lazy, and he's not nice looking.  For heaven's sake those massive jug ears alone....  I don't get it.   I feel bad for him that his childhood was horrible.  I really do.  If he wants a great story, he should work his arse off and make a success of himself, not just a "star".

• Love 3
(edited)

Women lust after Josh for one reason, he's on TV.

And I'll say it again, Elliot should be glad that Discovery was on the boat with their cameras, because I'm sure that his crew would have kicked the shit out of him otherwise.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

Breaking the rule again:   I googled Elliott and he got busted for undersized crab again in January.   So back on the boat.    At least we don't have to see it.

I feel most sorry for his dad.   His dad tried so hard to make things work.   but you just can't with an addict.  And an idiot.   If Elliott were just an addict I would hope he gets help and gets his life together.   But geing the raging douchenozzle he is, I am just glad I don't have to put up with him anymore.   

Oh and you think women swooning over Josh is bad?   Ehh, he's at least clean cut, bathes occassionally, isn't violent, isn't an addict.   There are women swooning over Elliott.   But then guys on Death Row get love letter so there is no accounting for taste.

• Love 7

And of course Roger and the other one want more money. Jerks.

This was so annoying!  They think they deserve to make the same as a more experienced guy with more tenure simply because they are on the same boat?  Apparently Keith didn't explain the "this ain't Kindergarten" clause in the contract.  The captain will not ensure all the special snowflakes get the same amount of sparkle glitter on their Popsicle-stick art project and the same amount of frosting on their same size cupcakes.  In most work places, the boss only sees you as "same" for one reason- you're all supposed to be there to make him or the company money. People typically succeed or advance by merit (yes, there are various "isms" that prevent even playing fields, but that's a whole different hornets nest).  I see this attitude all the time at my job. People seem to expect a paycheck for just showing up!  As if they are doing the boss a favor for hauling their ass out of bed and  getting to work "only" 20 min late everyday.

As for Josh I think it's ironic that he gets all indignant when other more savvy captains bring up Phil and his way of doing things.  Josh doesn't want anyone to invoke Phil's name in vain, but he can... constantly. He uses his dead dad as a storyline because it's all he has. He doesn't have the experience to call himself a successful crabber yet.  He hasn't shown himself as willing to learn or as a hard worker.  I'd have way more respect for him if he just said, "screw it, I hate fishing but I'm going to keep the boat going in honor of Dad by leasing my quota.  I'll stay on land and party til my Dumbo ears fall off."  And can anyone explain to me the financial plan he explained to Keith?  How does one grow future capital by sitting still at the dock?  If he has figured out how to make more money in the fishing industry by NOT fishing, Josh could be a genius! 

• Love 7

Maybe Josh is getting paid ("building capital") for public appearances and actually, oh I don't know, FISHING was getting between him and his admirers?  Reality can be a tough mistress, and it looks like Josh may be on his way to meeting up with her real soon.

And I don't know who made it happen that Elliott doesn't want Disco on his boat any more, but I'd like to shake the hand of the person that made that happen (as long as it's not Elliott' s hand that he was using to scratch his nether regions on camera).  I'd be happy to only read about him again on the occasion of his bankruptcy and losing the boat.  Or being arrested for drugs.

• Love 5

Oh and you think women swooning over Josh is bad?   Ehh, he's at least clean cut, bathes occassionally, isn't violent, isn't an addict.   There are women swooning over Elliott.   But then guys on Death Row get love letter so there is no accounting for taste.

I also saw when I was googling that he has a new girlfriend who is 20 yrs old and attends Santa Monica College, majoring “Biology and Biological Sciences and Film and Video Studies.”  That's a bogus sounding combinations for a major, btw.  Biology IS biological sciences, for a start.    

Best of luck to the happy couple, I wish them well and hope they stay far away from my tv screen.

• Love 3
(edited)

Last night was really a good show. I have never been an  Elliott fan but did admire the fact that he was able to buy a boat, be a captain and was a great engineer. This of course was while he was clean and sober.  It is so sad what addiction does to someone. I feel terrible for his poor father, you could see the pain in his face as Elliott's melt down got worse and worse.  Elliott's nasty attitude towards "Dirt", who called him out was crazy. He put the whole boat in danger by making the greenhorn throw the hook and run the hydraulics. I think the producer on board threatened to call the police and or coast guard if Elliott did not give up the wheel. The crotch scratch scene was so gross and then he sticks food in his mouth!!!!  Based on his twitter account in Jan., I think he may have fished but was not on the show.

Just more proof that Josh does not want to be a true fisherman and only cares about his time on tv. It is very telling that he was more concerned about the new massaging chairs than what Keith had to say. I also run hot and cold on Keith. On thing you can say though, is he knows how to fish and run a boat. That deck looked a mess with the rope lines all over the place. Looked like a safety hazzard to me.  Keith was right, you need to fish to make money and sometimes you have to take risks that may or may not pay off.

*** I just saw on the DC FB page that Casey did a "Live Chat" yesterday. He said that two new partners named Roger and Kari have purchased a percentage of the CM and are now partners with him and Josh. Lets see where Josh will be when the show ends.

I saw on the CM FB page a couple of weeks ago that Casey and Josh will be traveling the country "meeting their fans" this summer. They hired someone to fish the summer for them. Go to the CM and DC FB pages and the fan girls go on and on about Josh. They think he is the hottest thing since sliced bread.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 3

*** I just saw on the DC FB page that Casey did a "Live Chat" yesterday. He said that two new partners named Roger and Kari have purchased a percentage of the CM and are now partners with him and Josh. Lets see where Josh will be when the show ends.

I saw on the CM FB page a couple of weeks ago that Casey and Josh will be traveling the country "meeting their fans" this summer. They hired someone to fish the summer for them. Go to the CM and DC FB pages and the fan girls go on and on about Josh. They think he is the hottest thing since sliced bread.

I think it's a good thing that Josh is travelling to meet his admirers and leaving the fishing to someone else.  A very good thing.

• Love 4

BusyOctober - No, I ment people just post comments on both sites. If DC posts something related to Josh then they go on and on about how great he is. Same for the CM site.  Sorry if I confused you.

Pretty sure BusyOctober was being sarcastic.   As in "only women in prison could be hot for Josh."

Just to say, I find him a jerk personality wise, but looks wise, I wouldn't kick him out of bed.  

• Love 2

I think he's attractive in a way I'm not personally attracted to.  

On a previous show's thread I wondered if Casey came into this whole thing, knowing precisely what would happen, and how he could capitalize on it, slowly taking over more and more until he owns outright (or gets his own people in).  It would have been a sound business move to get in on the ground floor and just mop up after the inevitable implosion.  And would explain why he puts up with the nonsense.

People have asked why Josh didn't just sit on the beach and collect his checks -- if he owes more than his share is earning him, there ARE no checks.  I'll go out on a limb and surmise that he leveraged his share of ownership against some of the loans, and now he's selling off bits of it.  Which means if he stayed off the show and retained ownership, he probably WOULD be cashing a check, but in his drive to be on the teevee he mortgaged the income away.  

And soon he will have neither.   

As far as Elliott, he wasn't just scratching -- I think that was probably just one of a million disgusting things he did on camera thinking he was making what they were shooting unusable.  Because I think they called his insurance company or his financial backers and got him pulled.  And told him they wouldn't mention that part and he could act like it was his decision.

Why no Bait?  Did the captains refuse to devote an episode to slagging on Josh and Elliott?

• Love 4

Pretty sure BusyOctober was being sarcastic.   As in "only women in prison could be hot for Josh."

Just to say, I find him a jerk personality wise, but looks wise, I wouldn't kick him out of bed.  

I wouldn't kick him out because I would never let him in!  ;-)

• Love 2

Josh probably brings Casey along to take over when the questioning from fans gets rough.

• Love 5

My husband who watches periodically was wondering why I was ragging on Josh so much. Then he saw last night's episode. And now he knows. Damn famowhoring is all it is. Pretty much everything I know about boats I learned on this show. Even I know that deck was a mess. Yeah Keith is jealous? Um.. Yeah right.

Speaking of a mess.. So long Elliott. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I feel bad for his dad. Dad seems like a decent guy. Too bad his son is a druggie who won't work and straighten himself out. And the whole pocket pool thing he was doing. Oh God gross. Please. Someone pass the eye bleach. And he's dating a 20 yr old? I thought Val was his girl. Oh I thought he married some other tart. Loser. Val is better off without him. I feel bad for his kids though. They probably love him and he's a loser who doesn't care about them.

• Love 4

wild guess:   maybe Elliot left in a hurry because leaving would avoid the risk of having to deal with the coast guard or police.   and the aggravation of continuing to deal with disco.  

it would take a while for disco to remove all their cameras and gear.    

Josh and the new chair.   haha.         I kind of get what he was saying, that with limited money, he didn't want to risk it by trying something new - he was going to wait and do something he was familiar with.     but when Keith offered to help him *find* the crab, well........   it was time to accept that offer.     

that was a really good moment.    the line was delivered straight, and  Jake thought it was funny, too.

iirc, that was the deckhand who had to be persuaded to take a bath a couple seasons ago.

• Love 4

Oh God gross.

My thoughts exactly every time Elliot was on the screen.  He was eating every time he was on camera when he wasn't mumbling or "scratching."  Did he have the munchies or what?  He is a walking health hazard.

Josh should have taken Keith up on his offer to help him find the Tanners.  With that help and more fishing, I could only think it would benefit Josh--and it was stupid for him to refuse the offer.   As others do, I run hot and cold on Keith...but I mostly like him.  I think his offer to help Josh was sincere---probably out of memory for Capt. Harris.  Although I kind of understand that Josh wants to "be his own captain," I was hoping he would at least go out to fish more---to get more experience at being a captain, ya know? 

Reminded me of a quote from one of the brilliant posters on TWoP: "Lie down with famewhores,  wake up with sleaze."  Josh is getting sleazier, for sure. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I just saw Josh posted on the DC twitter account that they did not have the money to fish tanner crab. He also stated Keith was right but since they had no money they could not do it. He said something along the lines of now that things have changed  they will fish tanner next year.  I guess he means since they have the two new partners  they now have more money and cash flow.  With all the repairs done on the boat recently, this appears to be true in the terms of more money.  I would guess all the captains are tied of Josh and his refusal to take their advise/help. You can only try to help someone for so long. It will be interesting to see how things go now that there are four people involved as partners.

I have never believed the CM was Josh & Jake's  "legacy".  The boat was owned by Cornelia Devlin and Phil was a minority owner and an employee. The Devlin's were the ones with the legacy regarding the boat, not Josh and Jake. Their legacy to me was the family history of fishing and nothing more.

Now it appears Josh may be a minority owner too. Can't remember who said it, but he would have been better off letting Casey run the boat while he stayed home as the "owner". However, like everyone has said, he would not be on tv.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 3

I know! I just said that to my husband...gross.

I would love to see Josh and Elliot marooned on a boat together, just the two of them, in the middle of the Bering Sea, with a crab quota they had to meet before they were allowed to come back. hee hee

Gluton for punishment much?

• Love 1
(edited)

wild guess: maybe Elliot left in a hurry because leaving would avoid the risk of having to deal with the coast guard or police.

It reminded me of when Jake Harris went running to the airport to avoid questions about his drug use.

Edited by terrymct
  • Love 2
(edited)

The difference between Elliott and Jake Harris is Jake was stopped, taken to police headquarters, and searched with nothing found on him before he was permited to leave by police. Elliott fled before any of that could happen. I'm not saying it was any better, but Jake was smoking pot, not snorting Heroin. He was also not the captain of the boat like Elliott. Both were wrong and both put peoples life in danger.  Elliott was lucky the police were never called and the boat was never searched.  I felt sorry for Elliott's father. I don't think he knew how bad it was until it was too late. The poor guy looked like he was ready to cry. It would be interesting to see what disco did not show on tv.

When disco showed coming attraction a couple of weeks ago they showed a police car that appeared to be at the dock of a boat. I wonder what happened there.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 3

Agreed.

Elliott's addiction is front and center. There was no hiding it. It is a very sad situation. I think we can all agree that we would not wish this on anyone....hopefully he is getting help. Addiction is a horrible disease and one which no one can really control. I won't snark on him because obviously he is sick....the most I will go is his ball handling in the latest episode...but I do wish him well. I would not wish this disease on anyone.

• Love 4

You don't cure a heroin addiction with 60 days in a posh rehab especially one not geared towards heroin/meth.   Reading some of his post show tweets easily indicate that Elliott has and is not taking any responsibility for what was shown by Discovery.  It was all editing, worse was happening on other boats, they had to keep of the story of him being a villain, etc.  That just tells me that his relapse, if already hasn't happened, is going to happen.  The first thing they teach you in addict recovery 101 is you take ownership of your own actions that's why apology to those you hurt is such an important step in a 12 step program..of course Passages doesn't believe in that method

• Love 4

Agreed.  Someone who is a long time Heroin/Meth/Cocaine addict like Elliott needs a long term inpatient program followed by long term outpatient treatment. I personally don't believe he finished the first program. Admiiting your addiction is always one of the first steps towards recovery. Elliott has always placed the blame on others for everything the entire time he has been on the show: it's Val's fault, disco's fault, the other boats, etc. He will unfortunately relaspe again because he is not serious about his recovery.

• Love 3

I thought it was interesting that Josh and the Cornelia Marie was included in the "Wasted Talent" episode.  Very subtle.  Josh got so very indignant when Keith offered to help with crabbing more than Kings.  I don't think Josh wanted to go out in the worse weather that opies experiances let alone have someone else take attention or credit from him.  a$$hat.  I wonder how he would have behaved if Johnathan or Andy would have offered advice or help.  Of course maybe he was pissed because Keith didn't appreciate those cushy massaging chairs he had installed.

On the flip side, it was so sad to see how far Elliot has fallen.  Even if he was an egotistical jerk his first season, he obviously knew what he was doing.  His father was so proud of him.  I feel so bad for Mr. Neese and Elliot's kids.

• Love 1

Linderhill - I too feel so sorry for Elliott's father. And, it is such a waste of talent because when  clean and sober he knows how to captain a boat and is an expert engineer.  As for Josh, he has ignored the advise from John, Andy and all the other captains who have tried to help. He thinks he knows everything and stated he wants to live his life the way his father did and run the boat as he chooses. So, I would guess that means party his life away, drink like a fish, and have no sense of responsibility just like Phil did. It is a good thing there are three other partners now or Josh would piss that boat away in a couple of years.

• Love 3