Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Super Typhoon Part Two

• Start Topic

Super Typhoon Nuri swallows the fishing grounds. With lives and livelihoods on the line, rookie Josh Harris' weaknesses are exposed, Captain Sig loses control of the Northwestern & Captain Elliott Neese steps down from the helm of the Saga.

(edited)

Well, what can you say about the Saga but that it is truely a saga - those poor deckhands. The relief captain said Elliott was doing Heroin. He looked so high. Going from falling asleep on deck to running crazy on deck to throwing the water bottle at the wheel house window. That guy is just a hot mess. I feel so sorry for his poor father, he looked like he was ready to cry. If he keeps that boat it will be because others stepped in to save his ass and their investment.

Those waves were crazy. I can't remember seeing them that high in the 10 years I've been watching. So glad the NW & CM decided to play it safe and head to Dutch.  Keith probably should have called it quits after Freddie got hurt.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 4
(edited)

Not much happened this ep so there's not much to say: mostly just the crews dodging waves, and barely any crabbing getting done. Poor Elliot's father. i'm surprised at how...laid back Cpt. casey seems to be when they're in the middle of a big storm. Like, he had his feet propped up on the dashboard (?) when he took over steering again. If I was steering the boat in the middle of a storm I'd be sitting on the edge of my seat.

So the Time Bandit crew showed up again (for like a minute). Them and the Cape Caution crew haven't had very much screen time the past few eps of late.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I don't know how Elliot is going to be able to keep insurance on the boat after tonight's episode. Even though the first mate took over the driving duties, it was obvious he was unfamiliar with the wheelhouse and basic operations of the boat when he couldn't even turn on the deck lights. Then watching Elliot alternated between dozing off and leaping around, leaning over the side and mumbling his way through all his convos with the cameramen (except the very clear threat to keep the cabin discussion off TV)- I don't know how he is going to continue to captain after all that. He still managed to hold onto that stupid hooka thingy while working on deck in a typhoon.

Freddie is a maniac.

• Love 2

Freddy is a beast. Talk about a badass. And someone please get Elliott off my screen. Anyone want to bet that whatever he's vaping isn't legal? Jackass.

I was getting seasick just watching.

• Love 3

Not sure how I feel about Josh giving up on driving the boat during the storm.   On the one hand, you really don't want an inexperienced guy running the boat in that bad of weather.   On the other hand, the way he was talking was more "oh man this too much work, I am so out of here.   I'll be back when its fun again."   

Freddie, when the boss tells you to sit down you sit down.   Loved how Keith immediately saw an injured person and called someone up to take the wheel to go check on it personally.   No wondering if someone was hurt.

Oy the poor NW losing its steering in the middle of some big waves.   How anyone on any of the boats managed to hang on is beyond me.

• Love 3

Boy, the Disco edit monkeys outdid themselves on this one.  If that had been the actual storm, those guys could not even have moved on deck.  For sure, the waves were brutal.  They were also hundreds of miles ahead of the storm itself.  Where were the 50. 60, 70 knot winds?  Where was the customary NWS radio report listening in the wheelhouse reporting current winds of that magnitude?   There were also a boatload of shots where the seas were near-calm!  Unpossible if a super-typhoon is overhead.  

The Saga relief captain's TH was pretty funny.  He goes on and on about how he understands Neese's illness.  Then, one thrown empty sets him off!  Classic.

So, the Cornelia left the grounds early to offload.  Cool.  Did they stack their pots?  Nope.  How many strings/pots remained to be harvested?  If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were just playing at catching crab for the cameras.  My favorite moment was when that old salt of the sea Josh Harris chuckled over the big wave that had broken over his rails and smacking his crew.  Casey let him know in no uncertain terms what a douche he was being.  For the entirety of the rest of that trip, all we heard from Josh was how safety was all that mattered.  Ladies and gentlemen:  Josh Harris!

• Love 6
(edited)

Lonesome Rhodes - I thought the same thing when I heard Josh joking about the waves and the guys on deck. I thought wtf - why is he talking like that. Casey wasted no time in putting him in his place and setting him straight. He sure has been on deck enough times to not make a comment like that. Casey said they would leave all the remaining pots to get back to Dutch Harbor before the storm got worse and they would pick them all up when it was over. Which was probably the right move since they had practially no crab anyway.

Freddie sure is one incredible guy - I though he had broken something at first. Glad he apparently was not injured and able to go back on deck. Keith sure does jump as soon as one of his guys goes down. He has always gone out as soon as one of them is hurt.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 5
(edited)

Not sure how I feel about Josh giving up on driving the boat during the storm.   On the one hand, you really don't want an inexperienced guy running the boat in that bad of weather.   On the other hand, the way he was talking was more "oh man this too much work, I am so out of here.   I'll be back when its fun again."   

Whatever his reason, I was glad he did it.  One of the best decisions we've seen him make this year.   The fact that the "back up captain" (aka the real one) was sitting right there made me suspect one of two things:  the back up captain knew he should be running the boat during the storm and was waiting for Josh to realize this, or Josh came up with the idea of filming himself running the boat during the storm for the show but then realized he was over his head.

Speaking of boats in the storm, Keith should have stopped fishing.  I understand that he only had a few pots left then was going back to port, but he really risked his people's health and safety that day.  He's lucky that Freddy's injury wasn't worse.  It still could be a lot worse than we saw.  I'm still a bit annoyed with Freddy for that crud with the greenhorn last year as well as the whole jumping on the dead walrus thing, but he is one hard working and tough man.

Elliott, you @##hole loser.  He could have a great life if he would finally give up drugs.  As much as I dislike him, we've seen that he has strong skills when he is able to apply them.  He could be running a boat well and making lots of money.  He could have a good family life.  But no.  Lots of drugs and some piss poor decision making and moral lapses and he's basically seeing how low his real rock bottom is.  Someone on that crew, preferably his father, needs to report him to the Coast Guard for operating the vessel under the influence.  Call the Unalaska/Dutch Harbor police as they're coming in to port and have them search his cabin and the rest of the ship.  Force Elliott to find his rock bottom.  That's the only way he's going to end up anything other that dead or killing someone who works for him.   As for Elliott's threat, that camera really appeared to be quaking in his boots, didn't he?

The Northwestern continues to be my favorite boat.  Sure, Sig and Edgar argue at times, but the captains and crew run a professional operation, do what needs to be done, and put the safety of people as a priority.  I watch the Northwestern to see how things should be done.  The other boats, to varying degrees, are more examples of varying degrees of malfunction and personality issues.

Lonesome Rhodes - I thought the same thing when I heard Josh joking about the waves and the guys on deck. I thought wtf - why is he talking like that. Casey wasted no time in putting him in his place and setting him straight. He sure has been on deck enough times to not make a comment like that. Casey said they would leave all the remaining pots to get back to Dutch Harbor before the storm got worse and they would pick them all up when it was over. Which was probably the right move since they had practially no crab anyway.

I thought that if Josh wasn't running the boat, he should have put his foul weather gear on and gone out on deck to help the crew.   Get the work done faster and let everyone come inside a little bit.   Josh might have missed an opportunity to drop a worn out platitude in front of the camera, though.

Edited by terrymct
  • Love 4

Josh should have been working on deck during that storm.  Even stoned out of his mind Elliot was on deck.  

Josh should just own the boat, hire Casey to be the captain and call it a day.  The problem with that is, he wants to be on TV and there's no Josh Harris story if he's not out there in front of the cameras.

I like that they're showing Elliot and the Saga.  Some people think that Discovery is rewarding bad behavior.  I disagree.  People say they want reality TV when what they really want is "Fairy Tale TV" they don't want to see anything bad, or nasty.  But real life is messy and addiction's no joke, it affects the addict and the people around him/her.  Discovery could have chosen not to show this footage, but I'm glad they're showing it, I'm glad they're showing the ugliness of drug addiction, it's not glamorous at all.  Maybe Discovery wants to unload Elliot and by showing this, they've got their out.

• Love 5

Why would Disco allow their personnel to continue to work on the Saga?  There is an unfit captain out there risking several lives and no "story" is worth the death or serious injury of anyone on that boat.  Their job is deadly enough without having to worry about a psychotic egomaniac drug addled a-hole on board.  They have danced around the subject for several seasons, but now we know.  That little weasel is a drug addict. Rehab didn't work.  If I were making decisions for this show, I'd call the Coast Guard immediately.  Drug test that POS and arrest his ass when it comes back positive. Search the boat for his stash. Impound the boat if necessary & get all the crew back to shore so they can look for new jobs. I know addictions are terrible, addiction is a disease, addicts can't help it....blah blah. But now that Disco's crew has witnessed, filmed and broadcast his behavior, as an employer Disco should take action and stop the enabling.  I do not for one minute think that idiot deserves an ounce of sympathy for his "problem". His total disregard for his crew including HIS FATHER is reprehensible.  If anything happens to anyone on that boat including the "boat owner/captain", I would think Discovery could be named in a wrongful death suit.

Josh continues to be an a-hole as well.  I kinda see his fear of not being able to control the boat in that weather, but to hand over command to Casey, then sit there joking and smoking pissed me off.  He acted like he was watching a movie of his guys on deck.  His creepy smirking at their struggles is just more evidence (IMO) that Josh is sitting in the wheelhouse to be on camera.  It wasn't as if once he gave Casey the wheel, he was trying to learn anything. Casey's smack down of Josh's shitty attitude made me cheer.  Why wouldn't he ask Casey stuff to further his skills? "How do I steer in this?  How much throttle?  Do I stay in the ditch?" No, Josh sits back and acts like he;s on the newest 3D ride at Disney.  If he couldn't handle the CM and wasn't going to take the 2nd chair to educate himself, then get on deck and help your guys haul pots!  Do SOMETHING!

• Love 8
(edited)

Can't stand Josh. He's worried that if someone gets hurt it will ruin his season. Won't do them any good either, butt munch.

And I agree Disco shouldn't risk camera people putting them on the Saga.

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 4

Television (and The Bering Sea) is no place for addicts and alcoholics.  I'm so tired of their stories taking over my reality shows.  Have the fucking decency to stay home and drink/drug alone without bothering or endangering anyone else, GOD DAMN it!  Whatever happened to the time honored tradition of Sea-Hab? 

Freddie is one of the best things to happen to the Wizard.  He manages to pump up the crew and endlessly amuse Keith, which is not a bad thing.  Despite Keith's legendary temper and sometimes pushing the limits, he seems to be a very professional captain who cares about his crew.

On a brighter note, I am surprisingly lightly entertained by The Bait.  Decent guests, decent tomfoolery, and a reasonable facsimile of camaraderie.  But I miss Mike Rowe In Person.  LMAO at the reference to his QVC firing.

• Love 8

From reading at various places, Elliott will no longer be featured on Deadliest Catch.  If you notice, he hasn't been on The Bait this year.  Heroin is a nasty nasty drug.  I do feel sorry for his dad and the crew.  All deserved much better.

Go AWAY Josh Harris!  How dare you turn the boat over to Casey because your ass is scared and then laugh at the struggles of the crew and what they are going through.  Just STFU!  Get off your ass and go help the crew.  Oh wait, you can't, you already proved on the TB that you are one sorry lazy ass.

Proud of Jake for fixing the steering problem on the NW.

Got to love Freddie.  No wonder everyone wanted him as a deckhand.  In spite of Keith's temper, I have always like Keith.  He cares about his crew and has proven that time and time again.

I miss After the Catch.  I loved it because we were told why they did or didn't do it.  Plus they showed scenes that were not in the episode.  Ok, I'll admit it, I miss seeing Mike!

• Love 7

According to Elliot's Twitter feed, all of this was filmed in October, and he spent 60 days at Passages Malibu and is clean now.  Unfortunately, his language is no cleaner.  He's of the opinion that Disco will try to make Jake A or Josh H look bad now . . . which makes it sound like they've lost him as a target (hopefully, they fired him).

And (please bleach my brain and eyes), he apparently tweets while having sex?

• Love 3
(edited)
Why would Disco allow their personnel to continue to work on the Saga?  There is an unfit captain out there risking several lives and no "story" is worth the death or serious injury of anyone on that boat.  Their job is deadly enough without having to worry about a psychotic egomaniac drug addled a-hole on board.

My interpretation of events was that the producers told him he was not to sit in the captain's chair again until they went back to town, and they called or threatened to call his insurance/mortgager/police on him to enforce it.   The crew didn't mutiny (or we would have seen it), but I suspect they agreed.  Elliott wasn't happy about it, so it was not his choice.  So whose choice was it, and why?  The producers are the only reason I can see.  They probably agreed not to film/air the smack down in order to spare him that indignity, and his behavior afterwards is his choice and consequence.

Not sure why they were continuing to fish at all, except maybe conditions weren't quite as bad where they were and there were only a handful of pots.  Or they were trying to wait until he was straight enough to pull into the harbor, because frankly, if that guy doesn't know where the light switch is, I might go with the strung out guy who knows what he's doing when it comes to maneuvering the boat through that channel.

As for Josh, he looked flabbergasted that the pots were coming up light.  You could read it in his eyes -- "but I only wrote material for full pots!"  And again, when he gave up on running the boat in the storm, and just kicked back without a care in the world in the other chair and started pontificating about safety...   The Cornelia Marie is just Josh's Neighborhood of Make Believe, and the storm interfered with that.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 6
(edited)

AZChristian  - OMG are you kidding me ! Did he really say that? What a jerk ! 

Well, Elliott may be right about  disco making their token candidate of choice look bad and my humble guess is Josh. They have one every year they throw under the bus and drag through the mud. Some deserve it, some don't.  I don't believe Elliott completed rehab. I've seen commercials for Passages Malibu - looks like it costs a fortune.  It sure looked like Elliott needed more than 60 days with his drug problem. I don't believe a word he says when it comes to rehab.

Kassa - thanks for the info, I kind of figured something like that happened when Elliott would not let it be fimed when he went into his cabin with whom I took to be a camera man. I think he is off the show for good. I think it was interesting that the relief captain went on and on about how much addiction/drug use goes on with those fishermen.

For once, I think disco did the right thing in showing Elliottt in his complete drug melt down. Drug addiction is not pretty and we got a first hand look at it.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 3

According to Elliot's Twitter feed, all of this was filmed in October, and he spent 60 days at Passages Malibu and is clean now.  Unfortunately, his language is no cleaner.  He's of the opinion that Disco will try to make Jake A or Josh H look bad now . . .

Not that I put much faith in Elliot's opinion but Disco doesn't have to try to make Josh look bad. He does that all by himself.  Jake A is pretty bullet proof because he is the NW's favorite guy.

IMO Last night the going got tough and Elliot got wasted and Josh got out of the Captain's chair. Probably a good decision on Josh's part but when he didn't get off his ass to go help his crew he lost any goodwill he might have gained. Sitting there smoking and joking was not a good look for a wannabe Capt. Sure Elliot suited up and went out to "help" but did more damage than anything. He was so obviously fucked up and stupid to think no one would notice, he dragged the crew down with him.

I really want to root for the young Capts but they make it damn difficult.

• Love 5

Why would Disco allow their personnel to continue to work on the Saga?  There is an unfit captain out there risking several lives and no "story" is worth the death or serious injury of anyone on that boat.  Their job is deadly enough without having to worry about a psychotic egomaniac drug addled a-hole on board.  

The camera crew are likely subcontractors who signed release forms.

Television (and The Bering Sea) is no place for addicts and alcoholics.  I'm so tired of their stories taking over my reality shows.  Have the fucking decency to stay home and drink/drug alone without bothering or endangering anyone else, GOD DAMN it!  Whatever happened to the time honored tradition of Sea-Hab? 

Freddie is one of the best things to happen to the Wizard.  He manages to pump up the crew and endlessly amuse Keith, which is not a bad thing.  Despite Keith's legendary temper and sometimes pushing the limits, he seems to be a very professional captain who cares about his crew.

On a brighter note, I am surprisingly lightly entertained by The Bait.  Decent guests, decent tomfoolery, and a reasonable facsimile of camaraderie.  But I miss Mike Rowe In Person.  LMAO at the reference to his QVC firing.

I never could stand Mike Rowe, he always seemed smarmy to me.

As for addict and alcoholics.  Well, that's life and this is reality TV.  It's a shame addicts have to go and ruin everything, huh?  That's how life is though.

According to Elliot's Twitter feed, all of this was filmed in October, and he spent 60 days at Passages Malibu and is clean now.  Unfortunately, his language is no cleaner.  He's of the opinion that Disco will try to make Jake A or Josh H look bad now . . . which makes it sound like they've lost him as a target (hopefully, they fired him).

And (please bleach my brain and eyes), he apparently tweets while having sex?

That's really pathetic and makes you wonder maybe the drugs are out of his body but does he truly believe he's an addict and that he will be for life?     His actions and choices made him look bad, DIsco didn't need to do anything special he accomplished it all on his own.   This sort of problem doesn't just go away, the best he can say now is he's a former-addict and that he's been clean X number of days.  So if he really thinks that the downward spiral we're seeing was minor and DIsco hyped it he may not be facing how bad things were for him.

This episode did explain why they made time to show the possible drug deal and Jake A's warning last week though.

And being one of my favorites both he and Disco would have to do a hell of a lot before Jake A could look bad in my eyes.   There's something about him where I just can't help rooting for the guy.

Freddie continues to be awesome and Keith continues to be an odd mix of tough guy with anger issues and a softie caregiver.  I will also never tire of watching him work his superstions - Love when they're bringing in a pot and he has to do the full ritual; tap a figurine, rub the rabbits foot three times and spit sideways and a few other things.

• Love 5

Jake A had a bad edit that one season where his temper tantrums were featured and Edgar almost had to fire him.  It seemed to come out of nowhere, but during that season allusions were being made to his "always" being this way.  A way we hadn't been shown before.  

And then he went off and presumably grew up during his time away and is back and happy.

Though we thought he was happy before we saw that he wasn't, so who knows.  I do think they all care for one another, and it's a family dynamic.  And it's a dysfunctional family at best.  I remember in the beginning Edgar and Sig being quite clear that they never really spoke outside of boat business, and yet they appeared good naturedly together to promote the show and seemed to get along fine.  And Sig did state publicly that he respected and needed Edgar and even (gasp!) loved him, though he'd never say it to him, of course.  But each season he would give more and more praise off the show.

And then the various blowups the last few years about reliability, and the completely hostile body language in the talking heads during the "Legends of" episode, and last night Nick saying how they will be in the same room together and not talk.  Yet on the same show they appear perfectly comfortable together, bantering.

So is Andy gone, or what?  A temporary thing?  A blowup we haven't seen yet?  Because Johnathon said something about him handling a store or something, and I couldn't figure out if it was just temporary, or he left the Time Bandit over the whole thing with Scottie.

• Love 2

Jake A had a bad edit that one season where his temper tantrums were featured and Edgar almost had to fire him. It seemed to come out of nowhere, but during that season allusions were being made to his "always" being this way. A way we hadn't been shown before. .

Wasn't that like just 2-3 seasons ago? He's seems to run on emotion (which if he ever becomes a captain, will probably be his main problem). Wasn't he also incredibly stressed out at that point too, because of that offer from that big crabbing ship?

Anyways, I do hope this is the last season we see Elliot. And I'm waiting for more Wild Bill and Time Bandit.

• Love 2
(edited)

Elliot certainly looked effed up...and holding on to that Vapor Cig just made him look like a baby clutching a pacifier.  He seems to be darkly disturbed.  

I really like how Keith takes care of his crew...and Freddie is a badass.  But Sig and the Northwestern are still my favorites. 

Edited by gryphon
  • Love 3

So is Andy gone, or what? A temporary thing? A blowup we haven't seen yet? Because Johnathon said something about him handling a store or something, and I couldn't figure out if it was just temporary, or he left the Time Bandit over the whole thing with Scottie.

Andy normally is not on the boat during King crab season. He is captain for Opilios.

According to the Time Bandit's website:  "While owning and operating a successful commercial fishing operation is certainly a full-time job, Andy and his brothers Johnathan and Neal also manage to find time for other business ventures including Time Bandit Fireworks, Time Bandit Spirits, Time Bandit Productions and Time Bandit Entertainment.  Additionally, they have a full line of merchandise and own the Time Bandit Gear Store."  I've been to the store in Homer.  It was so fun, and I bought a couple of autographed caps and their book.

Parenthetically, the deckhand who was injured when one of the fireworks exploded on-board the Time Bandit a couple of years ago has sued. 

• Love 2

Boy, the Disco edit monkeys outdid themselves on this one.  If that had been the actual storm, those guys could not even have moved on deck.  For sure, the waves were brutal.  They were also hundreds of miles ahead of the storm itself.  Where were the 50. 60, 70 knot winds?  Where was the customary NWS radio report listening in the wheelhouse reporting current winds of that magnitude?   There were also a boatload of shots where the seas were near-calm!  Unpossible if a super-typhoon is overhead.  

The Saga relief captain's TH was pretty funny.  He goes on and on about how he understands Neese's illness.  Then, one thrown empty sets him off!  Classic.

So, the Cornelia left the grounds early to offload.  Cool.  Did they stack their pots?  Nope.  How many strings/pots remained to be harvested?  If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were just playing at catching crab for the cameras.  My favorite moment was when that old salt of the sea Josh Harris chuckled over the big wave that had broken over his rails and smacking his crew.  Casey let him know in no uncertain terms what a douche he was being.  For the entirety of the rest of that trip, all we heard from Josh was how safety was all that mattered.  Ladies and gentlemen:  Josh Harris!

Amen Sister! I used to really enjoy this show, but it's become so scripted and staged it's beyond ridicule! I just wonder if they pay Elliot an Josh to be asses...

For the first (and hopefully last) time ever, I FF through everything and only watched the Saga and CM stuff.

I may have to fire you guys from being my Catch Crew! ;-)

For the first (and hopefully last) time ever, I FF through everything and only watched the Saga and CM stuff.

I may have to fire you guys from being my Catch Crew! ;-)

Me and my cat catch crew are purrfecly fine with that - you take the CM and Saga, we'll take the rest!   :-)

• Love 5

Why am I NOT surprised that the Time Bandit has their own fireworks brand?

Topic:   YOu can tell the captains who care by the ones who scream "hang on, hang on" when a big wave is coming.   Although how the guys find something to hang onto on the open deck amazes me.    At least the guys on the Northwestern are somewhat protected because the part where the captain sits (name escapes me, long day) is at the front and gets hit first usually breaking up some of the waves.

• Love 2

Yeah that place where the captain lives (house) and drives the boat (with the wheel).   All I can plead for that complete mind blank is a major brief (lawyer deifnition of a brief - a 10,000 word document) that is due next week.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Wheelhouse

Which, in Sig's case, causes him to occasionally yell at the producer/cameraman : "Get down!  Get the fuck down!".  :-)

But his wheelhouse windows are slanted to diffuse the waves : "Norwegian Design".

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 7
(edited)

merylinkid - God Bless you -  a 10,000 page brief!   Jez, and I thought I had some long poly sci term papers in college !

I think, but  am not sure, most of the boats have an overhang they can run to for some kind of protection.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

Me and my cat catch crew are purrfecly fine with that - you take the CM and Saga, we'll take the rest!   :-)

Please no. Josh sounds like he is reading quotes from his Pinterest board and Elliott is just yucky. I liked that his one crew member was like "I don't like being around Elliott..." I mean their "office space" is a relatively small boat (not like a Carnival Cruise Ship) so you can't help but be around the boss I'm assuming.

Side Note: The first word I said out loud this morning was the F word. I blame Elliott. And there I go just like Elliott, I'm blaming someone who is totally blameless (in this very specific case).

Edited by justjen
  • Love 5

I love so many of the people on this show, but for me the star will always be the Bering Sea.  Absolutely awesome, and so very scary.

And the crab.  The little glimpses we get of them on their way down the chute, or flying through the air as they are tossed back into the sea - they are so dang funny.

• Love 4

Has Junior not being on the show this year been addressed? Did I miss it? I know that Junior had back surgery so I assume he's still recuperating? I'm glad he's not on the show but I don't wish any injury on him.

• Love 1

Conditions were perfect for the crew of the Saga to throw Elliott overboard.   Officially, a rogue wave took him.   Unofficially?   Well, that's what you call a Bering Sea intervention.

Josh Harris seems to have mistaken the wheelhouse for a mancave.   He looks right at home in the observer's chair, as if that's where he was always meant to be.

• Love 5

Conditions were perfect for the crew of the Saga to throw Elliott overboard.   Officially, a rogue wave took him.   Unofficially?   Well, that's what you call a Bering Sea intervention.

Josh Harris seems to have mistaken the wheelhouse for a mancave.   He looks right at home in the observer's chair, as if that's where he was always meant to be.

No jury would have convicted the Saga crew once they saw enough of the footage.

I agree about Josh.  That's where he seems to want to be, watching the others work while a camera is on him.

• Love 2
(edited)

WTF is up with Elliot? Laughed at him getting all tough with the cameraman. Elliot acts like he's seen too many rap videos, probably thinks he's Vanilla Ice.

Please don't disrespect Vanilla Ice. Elliot is more like an orange push-up.

Edited by joeyjoey
  • Love 3

That's really pathetic and makes you wonder maybe the drugs are out of his body but does he truly believe he's an addict and that he will be for life?     His actions and choices made him look bad, DIsco didn't need to do anything special he accomplished it all on his own.   This sort of problem doesn't just go away, the best he can say now is he's a former-addict and that he's been clean X number of days.  So if he really thinks that the downward spiral we're seeing was minor and DIsco hyped it he may not be facing how bad things were for him.

This episode did explain why they made time to show the possible drug deal and Jake A's warning last week though.

Isn't accepting responsibility for your own actions an essential part of successful rehab?   If after sixty days at Passages Mailbu Neese is still blaming others for making him look bad, it sounds like something didn't take.

• Love 6

Millennium - I agree. I  wonder if he really finished rehab anyway. I have never been an Elliott fan but would not want to see something happen to him due to his addictions.  I hope he can stay clean but I would not bet money on it based on his attitude.