Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

So did anyone else notice that Martin Henderson was not around for the 300th episode celebration cast pictures that everyone was posting? Anyone else thing he's going to leave with Megan and go back to Iraq/wherever to get her kid?

Me neither. Ever since the What/If episode where Meredith and Alex were "together", the thought of them having romantic and/or sexual scenes grosses me out...I just can't see them having any kind of sexual chemistry. I for one hope Mer stays single and focuses on doing badass, groundbreaking surgeries!

• Love 1
On 29/09/2017 at 3:47 AM, craziness said:

Does anyone else think/assume that the boy that Megan wants to go back and get in Iraq is really her birth child who was born during her captivity, probably the result of being raped by her captures?  

My first thought was that he was Riggs child and that she was too early in her pregnancy when she was kidnapped to know at the time.  I can’t remember the specifics though , would the timeline fit ?  

Edited by Pink ranger
  • Love 1

If he is Megans son he probably dosen't have an official birth certificate since I don't think that the kidnappers would let her go to a hospital to give birth. 

Especially given Trumps draconian immigration policies for Muslim majority countries, a child without the proper paperwork likely has issues being allowed to enter the states. Although I am sure that the Army will be able to sort it out eventually. 

Edited by Pink ranger

It depends on where Riggs and Megan's child was born. But if they were born after Megan was kidnapped and held hostage, do you really think they'd let that child stick around? Or would they get rid of the infant? I've always liked the theory of Megan being pregnant when she walked away from Riggs (or supposedly did) all those years earlier, but I never imagined she would be held hostage. Then again, these insurgents were supposedly nice, so they probably let Megan keep the child and raise him/her.If that is the case (and s/he wasn't born on the army base) then he is an Iraqi citizen, even if he's whatever religion Megan is (I'm assuming Catholic) right? However, I'm sure the Army would eventually work it out after a lot of red tape.

I never thought I'd say this, but I want Meredith/Riggs together now. What I don't understand is why for a season and half, Nathan was all stalkerish and wouldn't give the hell up on pursuing Meredith after she said 'no' time and time again... then Meredith returns the feelings... Megan returns, and boom Nathan's head over heels for his ex again? Honestly, Owen was the exact same way with Teddy; however circumstances are slightly different in Owen's favor than it is for Meredith as I believe Teddy was a light part of his relationship with Cristina, even though there was infidelity involved. Plus, he's confused with Amelia and all of that, not it gives him the right to cheat on her no matter how Amelia is behaving.

Also, I'm very late for this one: The tumor is 3 cm big, so that.must take up a significant part of her frontal lobe. It would explain how she's being erratic, but why wasn't she diagnosed years ago? Why now? All of a sudden, after Owen tells her she's got problems and needs therapy? I'm a fan of Caterina Scorsone and follow her on Instagram, I do wonder (but I don't want to start any rumors) if she wants to take a step back to focus on her two daughters, one of whom has an intellectual disability. IF that's the case, will Amelia be killed off? Or will she be written off with an open ending, like Izzie, Cristina, and Stephanie?

• Love 1

What is Kim Raver's availability? Is she in anything else? Filming anything? I know she's not sticking around this season, but maybe Amelia could die and then Owen and Teddy get together next season.

Edited by jschoolgirl
Word correction.
  • Love 1

Episode 5, 'Danger Zone', will be the Iraq flashback episode. 

TVLine has learned exclusively that the ABC drama’s Oct. 26 episode, titled “Danger Zone,” will be told almost entirely in flashback and chronicle the events leading up to Megan’s (Abigail Spencer) kidnapping in Iraq. In addition to Spencer, the standalone hour will also feature Kevin McKidd’s Owen, Martin Henderson’s Nathan and Kim Raver’s Teddy. (Check out an exclusive first look above.) I’m told the episode — penned by staff writer Jalysa Conway and directed by Cecilie Mosli — will be partially set in the present day, with Owen and Megan unpacking old baggage.

Edited by BaseOps
9 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Ugh. No interest at all. Especially since I now believe they're setting this up for Hendersons exit which I'm rly disappointed about.

What makes you think that? 

On 10/1/2017 at 10:50 AM, kinnej5 said:

Also, I'm very late for this one: The tumor is 3 cm big, so that.must take up a significant part of her frontal lobe. It would explain how she's being erratic, but why wasn't she diagnosed years ago? Why now? All of a sudden, after Owen tells her she's got problems and needs therapy? I'm a fan of Caterina Scorsone and follow her on Instagram, I do wonder (but I don't want to start any rumors) if she wants to take a step back to focus on her two daughters, one of whom has an intellectual disability. IF that's the case, will Amelia be killed off? Or will she be written off with an open ending, like Izzie, Cristina, and Stephanie?

I had no idea about her daughter. Does she talk about it on her Instagram?  Is this her oldest? Forgive my cynicism but if her child has an intellectual disability she's likely getting occupational therapy and such (my cousin's son has Downs) which I would think she'd want to have medical for; if she leaves Grey's she'll give up her health insurance coverage. 

If she does want to leave I don't think they'd kill her because she's Derek's sister & they wouldn't want to go that route with her. 

• Love 1

Im not sure about Scorscones contract status but I reckon the tumour could be something that was given to get to a) give her something to do until Owen/Teddy is done and b) make Amelia more sympathetic as she's one of Greys more polarising characters. 

• Love 1
On 10/1/2017 at 0:50 PM, kinnej5 said:

Also, I'm very late for this one: The tumor is 3 cm big, so that.must take up a significant part of her frontal lobe.  

Actually, it's worse than that, unless something changed.  In the previews, she says it's 10 cm or about 4 inches.  That's like |--------------------------------------------------------------------------| long.  My guess is that's measured at its widest point, not necessarily straight across left to right (or distal to proximal).  Could even be the depth of it from the anterior margin of the tumor back.  

17 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Im not sure about Scorscones contract status but I reckon the tumour could be something that was given to get to a) give her something to do until Owen/Teddy is done and b) make Amelia more sympathetic as she's one of Greys more polarising characters. 

Krista literally said that she gave Amelia the tumor because when she caught up on the series, she didn't recognize the person that Amelia had become in the last few seasons. Also, I don't think Teddy will be around that long. It seems like she isn't in 14x03 or 14x04 but returns for the flashbacks in 14x05. I'm not sure what her part will be beyond that, but it doesn't seem like she was on set for the 300th episode. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Krista literally said that she gave Amelia the tumor because when she caught up on the series, she didn't recognize the person that Amelia had become in the last few seasons. Also, I don't think Teddy will be around that long. It seems like she isn't in 14x03 or 14x04 but returns for the flashbacks in 14x05. I'm not sure what her part will be beyond that, but it doesn't seem like she was on set for the 300th episode. 

That's odd. I don't Amelia as different than when she was on PP.  Maybe a tad more neurotic, aggressive and desperate but it seems a natural progression with aging.  Just my opinion.

• Love 2

New casting announced for the firefighter spin off.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/greys-anatomy-spinoff-jason-george-cast-to-firefighter-series-1202167910/

To be on topic, if I remember correctly a back door pilot  was going to be incorporated into a greys episode similar to how Private Practice launched.

That can't be too far from shooting now, maybe 14x8 or 9 as the mid season finale or premiere?

Edited by Pink ranger

With Harper Avery dead, I wonder how this will affect the hospital as to who is in charge overall. Is Katherine in charge, will Jackson become the head bigwig, or will there be someone else from the foundation that they will have to deal with. Harper was ready to pull funding from the hospital; will another board member show up with the same thought pattern? Heck, for all we know, Harper could have really liked April and left her a big portion of the foundation in his will because he trusted her more than Jackson. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

With Harper Avery dead, I wonder how this will affect the hospital as to who is in charge overall. Is Katherine in charge, will Jackson become the head bigwig, or will there be someone else from the foundation that they will have to deal with. Harper was ready to pull funding from the hospital; will another board member show up with the same thought pattern? Heck, for all we know, Harper could have really liked April and left her a big portion of the foundation in his will because he trusted her more than Jackson. 

True, but the hospital going bankrupt has become a tiresome plot just like one of the head doctors having some serious medical condition. I mean, if Hyears harper wanted to pull everything and no one was going to get in his way. Then why would the board for the Foundation suddenly feel they have to carry it out. Or do we have to have dumbass hospital board 2.0 like the previous one from a few years ago who had to pay out the lawsuit to the Grey Co. and then was going bankrupt as a result of having no money left. None of the writers really know after almost 14 years how a hospital private or part of a chain really work in the Chain of Command. There are the chairperson or CEO of hospitals, with a Board of Directors, followed by department chairs or heads and then managers followed by position fields. 

Grey's for the last 14 years has had: chairmen caught in affairs, people backstabbing everyone in slight, Chief of Surgeries heading all financial decisions. Having HR and not having HR, followed by magical VPs of HR. To departments ran by doctors thinking its' 1970, to able to teach, not teach, people falsifying resumes and history to someone dying here or there and money going in and going out. Sloan Grey is one of the most unstable hospitals since Baptist Memorial in the early 2000s. late 90s that went through 5 owners, organizations and finally got back together in 2003 and then went the other way in 2008 when the CEO died taking all his notes with him and no one knew how to run the hospital and it was sold off again. 

On 10/7/2017 at 6:44 PM, Stacey1014 said:

The episode summary for 14x04 says something along the lines of "Jackson receives big news", maybe since he's technically next of kin (since I think they said Katharine is only an Avery by marriage) Jackson gets control of the whole foundation!

2 hours ago, only1shoe said:

The episode summary for 14x04 says something along the lines of "Jackson receives big news", maybe since he's technically next of kin (since I think they said Katharine is only an Avery by marriage) Jackson gets control of the whole foundation!

I'm guessing that, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of stipulation involved. 

Them plus Deluca's sister makes 7 new guest starring/recurring (for now) cast members. That might be a new record. I'm not even counting Teddy and Megan because their arcs should be wrapping up after episode 5. 

I'd rather see the current cast get more than 2 minutes of screen time per episode. Like Alex, who continues to be shortchanged. 

• Love 4

To add six new cast members is insane. Especially since the original four new interns from season 9 were so badly received. Maybe if they're written well but it this is just them hogging up all the screentime that should go to the established characters then it's just annoying.

I definetly think Henderson is leaving though. If he, Megan and Teddy bowed out then they'd of course feel the need o replace them times two despite Teddy and Megan not being regulars. 

• Love 3

Hah - to be fair they managed it for season nine and part of season ten - it was after that that it just became about who was sleeping with who and that only.

Also makes me laugh that there's a new crop of interns and yet Jo still hasn't a specialty.

• Love 1

I don’t think DeLuca has a specialty either. He’s currently just Amelia’s right hand. 

Camilla seemed like she really thought Jo was going to end up in Ortho, but Sara leaving may have derailed that. 

DeLuca is a few years below Jo though. He came as an intern when she was a resident. She really should have a specialty by now. The ortho route suited her the most but as said no Callie apparently means no ortho.

It does look like they have 2 of SE Asian doctors, which I'm glad to see.  It is a teensy-weensy baby step to a more true-to-life diversity in the medical field.

12 hours ago, CED9 said:

I don’t think DeLuca has a specialty either. He’s currently just Amelia’s right hand. 

Isn't DeLuca stiil an intern?  I forget...at what point do they declare a specialty?  Also, what is Ben's specialty (not that it really matters as he's soon heading to the firehouse)?  I thought it was plastics, but it seems like it is OB/GYN.

5 hours ago, Pink ranger said:

History tells us that many of these new interns won't be there for long though.

I am sure at least one will endure a very creative death.

My guess is that there will be some sort of fatal mishap in the hospital in the season finale to get rid of the unwanted interns.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BaseOps said:

It's pretty rare that they kill off interns, they usually just fade into the background. 

I can't keep straight if they were interns or residents, but I can think of 4 off the top of my head that they've killed off (George, April and Jackson's two co-horts, and the one who got electrocuted...).  But, yes, they do also fade away.

ETA: and Lexi!  Make that 5!

Edited by Morksmate
4 hours ago, Morksmate said:

I can't keep straight if they were interns or residents, but I can think of 4 off the top of my head that they've killed off (George, April and Jackson's two co-horts, and the one who got electrocuted...).  But, yes, they do also fade away.

ETA: and Lexi!  Make that 5!

They were all residents, aside from the one who was electrocuted. Lexi came in with a huge intern class all of whom faded into the background, so did DeLuca's class (Cross last appeared in one scene of the season finale). I wouldn't really put George on that list even if he had been an intern, as he was an original character. 

Anything on Nathan Riggs on Grey’s Anatomy? — Kara

He’s surprisingly MIA for much of Thursday’s episode, but that’s because the hour really focuses on Amelia’s brain surgery. However, both characters will be involved in scenes that will 100 percent make you cry this week. Oh, and totally unrelated, but we’ll find out that Greg Germann’s Dr. Koracick is connected to someone else at Grey Sloan.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/12/spoiler-room-scandal-blindspot-supergirl/

On 10/4/2017 at 4:52 PM, cycworker said:

if she leaves Grey's she'll give up her health insurance coverage. 

Actors don't get insurance coverage from their individual shows, they get it from their union - i.e. Screen Actors Guild, Actor's Equity, etc.  They have requirements that they meet within their union that says whether or not they get coverage.  Ian Ziering famously said he signed up for Sharknado because he needed to be in something to keep his medical insurance coverage.

• Love 2

14x06 - Come on Down to My Boat, Baby
Jackson invites the guys to relax with him on a day at sea; Arizona, April, and Maggie treat a woman who is hiding a deadly secret.

38 minutes ago, jabbi said:

I want to add speculation. Ben suddenly running a lot? We’re being set up for something - exercise addiction or eating disorder possibly? 

He's almost certainly training to become a firefighter... he's joining the firefighter spin-off. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, BaseOps said:

14x06 - Come on Down to My Boat, Baby
He's almost certainly training to become a firefighter... he's joining the firefighter spin-off. 

I didn’t know that. I do not understand Shonda and her writing style. Ben is 2 types of doctor already, why would he go to being a firefighter? The continuity makes absolutely no sense. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, pally said:

I can see Jackson giving his $250,000,000 to Grey-Sloan allowing them to get out of the clutches of the Harper Avery Foundation.  And of course causing WWIII with Catherine

A great idea and very likely, in line with the origins of the Denny Duquette Clinic and Grey-Sloan itself. But the hospital will be under new management someday, as actors fulfill their contracts or their characters lapse into voice-over... 

Perhaps instead of signing over his windfall to Grey-Sloan, Jackson might retain some control by setting up his own foundation. On assets of $250M, conservative earnings of 5% would generate $12.5M for him and his board to distribute annually, as they chose. And the conflict with Catherine would endure: she would see the new foundation as competition; Jackson could smoothly counter that it was evolution.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

Greg Germann is listed as a guest star for episode 6, so it looks like Dr. Koracick is sticking around for a bit. 

I'm hoping that they are "trying him out" as they did with Eric Dane (and others, I'm sure---Dane is the one that comes to mind, probably because of the similarity of the characters).  Sloan first showed up as a guest star and then was later brought on as a regular, and I'd love to see that with Germann.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Morksmate said:

I'm hoping that they are "trying him out" as they did with Eric Dane (and others, I'm sure---Dane is the one that comes to mind, probably because of the similarity of the characters).  Sloan first showed up as a guest star and then was later brought on as a regular, and I'd love to see that with Germann.

That's pretty much Grey's standard MO. Arizona started out as a guest star in season 5, made regular in season 6. Ditto for April and Jackson, season 6 to 7. The interns of season 9 to 10 (except for the dead one), etc. But some just have the arcs they're brought in for and then they never come back. So I guess we'll see.

• Love 1