Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

In Sherri's world reality is whatever she believes.  The earth is flat. Jesus predates everything. Boobs make the woman.  Men find her irresistible.  She has a reality show on Twitter.  And she is leaving the View voluntarily.

Luckybitch maybe Sherri will buy that bridge you are selling.

• Love 9

@susieq147, check out this reply she just tweeted to a fan:

Nancy Mask ‏@NancyMask  1h
@theviewtv @SherriEShepherd       Going to miss you wish you would change your mind.

Sherri Shepherd Verified account
‏@SherriEShepherd
@NancyMask No.  I am leaving...to change my mind to try to stay @TheViewtv would be giving in & letting fear be the victor &that's no option
5:05 PM - 1 Aug 2014

Wow, did you all know that? The very brave Sherri Shepherd decided to leave The View on her own? She's facing her fears and going out into the unknown because she just knows that God (Jesus?) has something bigger and better out there for her (as her fans constantly tell her).

Note she did something she almost never does - she included The View's Twitter account in on her reply, even though the fan's tweet did not. Obviously, Sherri wants TPTB at The View to know that fans are clamoring for her to stay on the show.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

Hmmm, lets see. Sherri is worth millions of dollars but she thinks leaving the View somehow makes her brave or something?  She will be fine.  She has always found work.  It might not be such a cushy well paying job as the View but she ain't going to struggling anytime soon.

• Love 2

Oh, I agree, but I do think she will miss that regular (fat) paycheck very, very much. She was able to do small movie roles, TV shows, the game show, and stand-up gigs all while still getting that big paycheck. Now I think she'll be lucky to get some of those previously side gigs but she won't have the regular paycheck to rely on anymore. Also, as others pointed out, it will most likely be more difficult to get those offers when she's no longer appearing on a daily talk show.

Btw, Sal's been silent since Wednesday afternoon. Maybe he's busy with "LJ".

• Love 3

I just hope that whoever is managing Sherri's money is honest.  Her judgement has not been great so far, but maybe Whoopi had some positive influence in the financial arena.

She is facing support payments in addition to providing for Jeffery (along with Jeff's dad I hope) and at minimum probably paying for the divorce. She's trying to dump a house at a loss and she has hangers on and managers, agents, etc.  I'd be worried if I were her.

• Love 3

Also, as others pointed out, it will most likely be more difficult to get those offers when she's no longer appearing on a daily talk show.

I don't think casting directors are watching daytime television to find new "talent." She's a proven commodity; people in the business know who she is. 

There are huge swaths of the entertainment business that I don't pay any attention to - super-violent action flicks, the broad comedy films, gospel music programs - that are very popular within their own demographic. So while I'll probably see Sherri appear on Entertainment Tonight for years to come, I won't be watching her shows or movies. But there will be plenty of people who will.

• Love 1

Hmmm, lets see. Sherri is worth millions of dollars but she thinks leaving the View somehow makes her brave or something?  She will be fine.  She has always found work.  It might not be such a cushy well paying job as the View but she ain't going to struggling anytime soon.

She is "starring" in a new movie now..... Ride Along 2

Also, as others pointed out, it will most likely be more difficult to get those offers when she's no longer appearing on a daily talk show.

I don't think casting directors are watching daytime television to find new "talent." She's a proven commodity; people in the business know who she is.

I was thinking more about her books and products (wig line and whatever else she's pushed over the years). She most likely received those offers because she was on a daily talk show where she could promote them on a regular and ongoing basis. 

As far as the types of roles she's had, they all seem very similar and one note, and she's probably aging out of them.

It's another minor part, right? The thing is Sherri has had these movie roles and TV gigs over the last seven years while also having her regular and hefty paycheck for her primary job at The View. Chances are she will not be able to replace The View income and will be left with just those side jobs that she's always had. But, hey, she'll probably be able to work sporadically and part time like that and still have an annual income far in excess of the median US household income, so my heart doesn't bleed for her.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 5

It's another minor part, right?

Ride Along 2 is filming here in Atlanta right now.  It's pretty likely her part isn't very big, as the actual stars of the film are all here in town currently, and she's been in NY this whole time for the View. 

• Love 5
Btw, Sal's been silent since Wednesday afternoon. Maybe he's busy with "LJ".

LuckyBitch, I don't know why this simple sentence took me back to my high school days.  I picture Mr. Lamar Sally doodling/writing in beautiful dreamy cursive letters all over a lined sheet of paper:  Lamar Sally, Jr.   LJ  LJ  LJ    Lamar Marlon Sally, Jr.   Little Sal   Sal, Jr    Sally Sally Sally   and so on.   (I just made up the middle name.

• Love 6

True LuckyBitch but she will certainly cave under not getting attention anymore as her appearances will be far and few between.....and selective.  She certainly can't move on from being the sexy woman she thinks she is at 47. Lust and gluttony doesn't really work or playing a buffoon. Or trying to be smart.

• Love 4
Wow, did you all know that? The very brave Sherri Shepherd decided to leave The View on her own?

Some very old lyrics seem to fit here:

Down and down I go, round and round I go

In a spin, loving the spin that I'm in

• Love 2

So, not only was it Sherri's decision to leave, but she could just change her mind if she wanted and stay, huh?  But she won't because that would be giving in to fear.  Oh, Sherri you are so courageous! 

• Love 5

True LuckyBitch but she will certainly cave under not getting attention anymore as her appearances will be far and few between.....and selective.  She certainly can't move on from being the sexy woman she thinks she is at 47. Lust and gluttony doesn't really work or playing a buffoon. Or trying to be smart.

I think without the daily fix of being on TV, Sherri is going to get even crazier on Twitter. If we thought she was carrying out her own reality show on Twitter and Instagram, just wait, it's going to get a whole lot worse.

Speaking of her Twitter:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  4h

Been sitting w @shearinsanity97  for the last two hours getting a weave for

my #NewEdition concert #malaysianmama

"Malaysian Mama"?? I thought she tweeted it was Peruvian hair?

Also, didn't she pimp her wig line on the show today? Now she's back to the weave again?

So many questions...but, didn't she go to a New Edition concert just a couple of weeks ago? Not for nothing, but she seems to constantly be doing stuff for herself. Does she ever talk about doing things with her son?? And by that, I don't mean bitching about sitting at a track meet a few times.

ETA:  The View did a lengthy post on their website about Sherri's wigs. She must have negotiated that, along with today's segment, as a parting gift.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2
(edited)

Does she ever talk about doing things with her son??

Jeffrey is probably spending a lot of time with his Dad in LA as it is summer break from school

ETA-  I just remembered seeing this last night

Where are you @The305MVP ?  Are you working here in NYC next week? Can Jeffrey & I come to see you

He probably comes home this weekend

Edited by springtime

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/02/lamar-sally-sherri-shepherd-baby-shower-gifts-name-birth/

This is the weirdest thing I've read in a long time. Why would Sherri buy him a shower gift when they're having an ugly divorce? And if he actually expects her to be a part of the child's life, wouldn't presents be given to both parents? Did he get her anything? Is he seriously complaining that she isn't buying him presents or that he had to spend money on baby furniture when he's the one demanding custody? If he actually said the things in this story, his level of delusion is high.

• Love 6

Snippets from the TMZ link that @springtime posted:

Lamar Sally got a slew of baby gifts from just about everyone in his life except one person ... the woman who had signed on to be the mother -- Sherri Shepherd.

The baby was due Thursday.

Lamar's friends have given him gift cards, baby clothes and lots of stuff for the nursery.  Lamar has dropped $5K on a changing station, crib, baby swing and rocking chair.  But Sherri has not so much as given him a diaper on which the kid can crap.

When the baby is born, Lamar says he'll bestow the name he and Sherri picked -- Lamar Jr.

I hope Sherri was smart enough to never have had a joint bank account with Sal. And if she is determined to have a man/huzzbin come hell or high water, it would behoove her to NEVER have shared financial accounts.

Her desperation makes being a victim of gold digging predators easy peasy.

• Love 4
(edited)

Sherri: it’s the vulva, not the vagina, the vulva.  Want to be more specific?  The labia.  Google it.  Geesh.  What kind of anatomically-correct baby doll toy for a little child would have a vagina?  Is this stupid show in a race with TMZ to be the most female-ignorant show on the air?

We have to give her a break- Sherri is a bit distracted! There is a (formerly) drama-free woman with a baby in her belly and a stork will soon be delivering it to Sherri's stbx (soon to be ex) husband.

Edited by springtime

I was watching an repeat of Wendy Williams where Wanda Sykes was on.  Wanda has/had a show called "Her-Larious" with women of color comics. This made me wonder what Sherri's compadres think of her, aside from Clean House star whose name escapes me even though I can see her clearly in my mind.  

We haven't heard any tweets or news of support coming from major or even minor female comics of any color. My view (get it?) (and other posters I agree with above)  is that they probably figure Sherri has enough money from the Spew to take care of business, and its her own desperate fault for the Sal mess.  Pray sisters?  Anyone? Anyone?

Besides, I imagine the EGOT roles for women of color makes it competitive. That's why so many stars of any color turned to producing and directing their own shows.

Niece Nash.  Got it finally.

• Love 1
We haven't heard any tweets or news of support coming from major or even minor female comics of any color.

There might be a degree of envy, Tosia--not really jealousy, but for those female comedians who write and perform good, smart material and still struggle year after year--decade after decade, it's probably irritating to see Sherri brag about being a comic and being on TV every weekday...with those limited skills.

Lamar has dropped $5K on a changing station, crib, baby swing and rocking chair.

(per TMZ)

I've been in the camp of Sal's having no money and depending on the kindness of strangers and an almost ex-wife.  Obviously this guy is shopping at the high-end baby stores in Beverly Hills.  Five Thousand Dollars???

The View did a lengthy post on their website about Sherri's wigs. She must have negotiated that, along with today's segment, as a parting gift.

Please don't make me read this.  All I want to know is if they confessed that their hair stylist(s) fitted the wigs on the models' heads and then tweaked them: brushing, styling, curling, etc.  I don't think the wigs look that nice if you just take 'em and shake 'em.  Jenny's curly-curly wig as the show was ending is a good example.

• Love 4

Sal is very close to and the godfather of his ex-girlfriend's little daughter.  I've always wondered if he is the child's real father and they chose to keep that fact a secret from Sherri.  Maybe she found out the truth in CA, and that precipitated the breakup.  This is pure speculation on my part, nothing more.

Instead of "real" father, I'd go with potential biological father here.

• Love 1

Apparently still waiting and complaining (no shower gift from Sherri)

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/02/lamar-sally-sherri-shepherd-baby-shower-gifts-name-birth/

The gall of this guy makes me sick.  What kind of a-hole did Sherri marry anyway?(rhetorical)  She must be as dumb as i always thought she was.  Still, no one deserves the kind of jerk that would publicly complain that the woman he's suing for support hasn't coughed up a shower gift for him.   Good grief. 

I've been in the camp of Sal's having no money and depending on the kindness of strangers and an almost ex-wife.  Obviously this guy is shopping at the high-end baby stores in Beverly Hills.  Five Thousand Dollars???

IF this is even true, and that's a big if, I'd say Sal still has Sherri's credit card(s).  

• Love 6

This is the weirdest thing I've read in a long time. Why would Sherri buy him a shower gift when they're having an ugly divorce? And if he actually expects her to be a part of the child's life, wouldn't presents be given to both parents? Did he get her anything? Is he seriously complaining that she isn't buying him presents or that he had to spend money on baby furniture when he's the one demanding custody? If he actually said the things in this story, his level of delusion is high.

Well, the TMZ blurb doesn't actually quote him at all or say that he's complaining. I think the TMZ folks are simply implying that Sherri personally hasn't voluntarily contributed anything additional to the preparations for the baby, which isn't surprising given the legal dispute's status.

• Love 2

Someone from Sal's camp must have given info to TMZ for them to print that blurb. In their mind I guess they think it makes Sherri look like the worse person.

• Love 1

According to her tweets today, Sherri took off on a flight somewhere around noon. I guess she's off to see New Edition, as she tweeted last night as she was getting her weave done. Not sure where they're playing, don't care. But, does she ever spend a weekend at home??

ETA:  Well, I Googled anyway. They're playing in Oakland, CA.

Edited by LuckyBitch

According to her tweets today, Sherri took off on a flight somewhere around noon. I guess she's off to see New Edition, as she tweeted last night as she was getting her weave done. Not sure where they're playing, don't care. But, does she ever spend a weekend at home??

ETA:  Well, I Googled anyway. They're playing in Oakland, CA.

Probably heading to California to get Jeffrey

Was caught in a rainstorm while driving tonight so ducked into a Starbucks to wait it out a few minutes. Was reading here about Sal's baby shower and, to kill time decided to check Baby's R Us Baby Shower registry (sorry, do not know how to link) and, lo and behold, he is registered for 61 items, but so far only has received less than 5 things. Guess he was hoping to really rake in some stuff! Should we all chip in and send him a baby rattle? I'm very amused

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 7

[snip]

IF this is even true, and that's a big if, I'd say Sal still has Sherri's credit card(s).  

If Sherri didn't cancel all of her credit cards/debit cards/bank accounts at the first sign of trouble with this dude, then she is an idiot!

Bottom line, Sherri should ALWAYS keep her money separate (she has her own money and he has his own money) from any person she is romantically involved with.  Joint bank accounts/cards are a treasure trove for gold diggers and vindictive people.

Edited by Jiggle Billy
  • Love 1

I don't read his stuff but from just a google,  I guess the baby hasn't arrived? If Sal Jr. had,  I would imagine Sal would have let everyone know?

One of the reasons I've sort of avoided the whole thing is that it kind of makes me queasy. I feel bad for all concerned. I tend to believe Sal because I think Sherri is smarter than she lets on and she probably did want a surrogate baby.

LS doing it for the support seems like it is a bit too diabolical.  There was just too much involved for Sherri to not really think things through given she was dealing with lawyers, contracts, and the MD's that put the whole process in motion. 

• Love 2

I thought the baby was due last week - It is already August 2nd.  What gives????

Babies don't always come when they're scheduled.   Some have their own ideas as to when to be born. 

I know, the new thing is to schedule the birth, and induce labor (or have a C-section) , but that's not always the safest or most comfortable way for the mom and baby.   And the birth mom and her doctor are in sharge of that, not the adoptive parent(s). 

(edited)

Was caught in a rainstorm while driving tonight so ducked into a Starbucks to wait it out a few minutes. Was reading here about Sal's baby shower and, to kill time decided to check Baby's R Us Baby Shower registry (sorry, do not know how to link) and, lo and behold, he is registered for 61 items, but so far only has received less than 5 things. Guess he was hoping to really rake in some stuff! Should we all chip in and send him a baby rattle? I'm very amused

We are better than TMZ! (we knew something was up between Sherri and Sal before her birthday, we knew the house was listed before they did and now CathinAz found the registry)!

Keep up the good work!

Heres another registry at Target:(just a few items)

http://www.target.com/GiftRegistrySearchViewCmd?registryType=BB&jsRequest=true&catalogId=10051&status=completePage&cumulativeTime=-1&listId=gJ2mFWyybJxN1EpU6DBTJw&noOfPings=&registryFirstName=Lamar&langId=-1&segmentGrpName=-1&storeId=10151&registryLastName=Sally

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

Brownstone.Muir, I have no doubt Sherri wanted this surrogate baby back when they did it.  With her screwy idea of the woman's role in marriage being to please her husband, she wanted it if for no other reason than he really wanted that son.  I also kinda think that in her Christian role, she's totally confused on what those Biblical verses mean.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if Sal has a lady friend helping him at Target and Babies R Us...or if he's just playing around on his computer...alone in a tiny apartment on the wrong side of town.

Seems like he plans to outfit an orphanage- Does one infant need a dozen feeding spoons, 13 blankets, tons of burp clothes and bibs?

In the old days, we just had a few and washed them as needed.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

I'm sorry to say this, but maybe something is not right with the baby--health issues, so the baby is in neonatal intensive care or being held for further tests and treatment.  Hence, no joyous announcement yet.  Hope not for baby's sake.

OR, the baby is being watched by foster parents because some legal action from a Child Protective Agency or Sherri's/Sal's lawyers stepped in to settle some issues before the baby is released to someone.

Something's up.  This is not like Sal, the shitbag.

• Love 3

I wonder if Sal has a lady friend helping him at Target and Babies R Us...or if he's just playing around on his computer...alone in a tiny apartment on the wrong side of town.

The apartment that he tweeted about....

Apparently U can gain access inside my building if U show the super ur breasts... and stupid me have been paying rent 4 the last ten years!

• Love 1
In the old days, we just had a few and washed them as needed.

Sal's just smarter than we were--and he probably knows himself.  He ain't gonna wash no steenkin' utensils and bedding when he can just dump 'em and use new ones.

• Love 1

I don't read his stuff but from just a google,  I guess the baby hasn't arrived? If Sal Jr. had,  I would imagine Sal would have let everyone know?

One of the reasons I've sort of avoided the whole thing is that it kind of makes me queasy. I feel bad for all concerned. I tend to believe Sal because I think Sherri is smarter than she lets on and she probably did want a surrogate baby.

LS doing it for the support seems like it is a bit too diabolical.  There was just too much involved for Sherri to not really think things through given she was dealing with lawyers, contracts, and the MD's that put the whole process in motion.

I love the word "diabolical."I agree, I don't think Sal is diabolical either, but only because that implies a level of intelligence he doesn't seem to have. However, I absolutely believe where we see Sherri, he sees dollar signs and has from the beginning. Heck, he even managed to score a baby in a way that, outside of her money, didn't even involve his wife at all. That's straight out of Chapter Three in Gold-Digging for Dummies, now available at your local bookstore. :)

• Love 4

I too believe Sal saw a baby and financial support (whether they were married or divorced) when he looked at Sherrie. I hope he has family and support to help raise the kid he wanted so badly. It is amazing to me that with all the connections and access his marriage to Sherrie gave him to the entertainment industry that he didn't land anything substantial in the way of comedy writing gigs. His talents in that area must not really be up to snuff, because if he was good, he would have made connections that would have him now actively working in the industry. Yes, he probably freelances and writes jokes for standup comedian friends and may get other small bits of work, but probably nothing that pays enough to maintain a modest household in California otherwise we'd see his name in credits, etc. it is reprehensible that he wants to raise a child but leech of an ex-spouse for rent money, food, child expenses, etc. What efforts is he making to find a job? It also bothers me when women do it (get pregnant without any intent to marry the guy) and then get Child Support Enforcement agencies to garnish baby daddy's checks - but both bio parents are responsible for the child and I get that.

My speculation, but Sherrie probably found out he was actively cheating on her and also came to the realization, as the months of the marriage wore on, that he never was going to be actively and SINCERELY involved in managing her career, helping parent Jeffery, helping with the household, caring about her emotional and physical needs and was enjoying spending her money a little too much. Her Christian beliefs would have kept her working on the marriage and committed to it but something big happened for her to seek divorce again and to not feel responsibility (other than already paying all surrogacy fees and bills) towords the baby.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 7

I'm sorry to say this, but maybe something is not right with the baby--health issues, so the baby is in neonatal intensive care or being held for further tests and treatment. Hence, no joyous announcement yet. Hope not for baby's sake.

OR, the baby is being watched by foster parents because some legal action from a Child Protective Agency or Sherri's/Sal's lawyers stepped in to settle some issues before the baby is released to someone.

Something's up. This is not like Sal, the shitbag.

He's holding out for the cover of People?

• Love 2