Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

It's Sherri's camp who is probably saying it was failed negotiations that resulted in Sherri's departure from the View.  But I personally don't believe there was any negotiations.  Last year when Joy and Elisabeth left the View there was speculation that Sherri would be the next one shown the door.  And lo and behold that turned out to be true. 

Since I no longer watch the show I can only rely on my fellow posters to keep me updated on Sherri's behavior on air so am I correct in saying it was in March she started acting even more obnoxious on air than usual?  Like maybe she was told her contract wasn't be renewed and she thought WTF I will just act however I want?  The timing does kind of make sense.  My theory is Sherri was told she was going to be leaving the View, her and Sal head to LA to try to find a new gig, that doesn't happen and Sal for whatever reason decides to cut and run.

And what is this crap she says about Donnie Wahlberg taking care of her?  Once her and Jenny are off the View I doubt their "friendship" will continue. 

• Love 5

Since I no longer watch the show I can only rely on my fellow posters to keep me updated on Sherri's behavior on air so am I correct in saying it was in March she started acting even more obnoxious on air than usual?

It was a pretaped show that aired on March 27th that showed Sherri at her worst.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/news/food-health/140327-the-view-the-chew-cookoff-recipes

As for marital strife- Sal's tweets in February are telling:

for example- His Valentine's Day tweet:

Pet peeve #2 when I get in MY CAR and someone has taken my phone charger. This means you @SherriEShepherd put it back please!

and the conversation continued on twitter:

@SalfromtheD I didn't take your phone charger.   The one I have in my purse is. The one I bought.

@SherriEShepherd then what happened to the one I bought?  Why does all my stuff comes up missing?  #sherristeals

• Love 1

At the end of October, Sal was tweeting about something big (excited but scared/ can't say anything)

He and Sherri's tweets had them in another area of NJ for the day and then Sherri wasn't feeling well (but able to go to eat at Olive Garden)

At the time I thought it was weight loss procedures... Seems like the timing might fit

Yes, that's right. The surrogate must be in NJ. I  remember reading about Sal's tweet at TWoP last fall and then again when the divorce news broke. I agree that the timing fits and that must have been the big day.

So, since Sal recently made a big deal over the fact that Sherri had better be at the birth next month even though she has some work commitment booked near the time of the due date, then doesn't that mean that Sal better be getting back to NJ soon in case the surrogate goes into labor?

It was a pretaped show that aired on March 27th that showed Sherri at her worst.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/news/food-health/140327-the-view-the-chew-cookoff-recipes

As for marital strife- Sal's tweets in February are telling:

for example- His Valentine's Day tweet:

and the conversation continued on twitter:

Will someone please explain to me why any couple would have this type of conversation on their public Twitters???

• Love 4
(edited)

Will someone please explain to me why any couple would have this type of conversation on their public Twitters???

for the publicity??e would have this type of conversation on their public Twitters???

Or because they weren't speaking to each other.  I think there were cracks in that marriage long before Sal filed for a separation.

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 4

Yes, but that doesn't explain (to me) why they couldn't just privately text or email one another, instead of sharing these interactions with the public. You can even direct message someone privately on Twitter, I believe.

• Love 4

Yes, but that doesn't explain (to me) why they couldn't just privately text or email one another, instead of sharing these interactions with the public. You can even direct message someone privately on Twitter, I believe.

You can, so I think that Athena gets to the heart of the matter.  Famewhoring.

Wasn't it Sherri that was there the day of the Rosie/Bitsy meltdown desperately trying to defuse it with Joy?  I'm sad to see that this is what she has descended to since I pretty much stopped watching the show.  Really, it's a shame.

Yeah, who takes these pictures of Sherri "all alone" at track meets?

And...WHO schedules these sort of all-day sports events for developmentally delayed kids?  They cannot be professionals?

So, since Sal recently made a big deal over the fact that Sherri had better be at the birth next month even though she has some work commitment booked near the time of the due date, then doesn't that mean that Sal better be getting back to NJ soon in case the surrogate goes into labor?

Shall we take up a collection for a bus ticket and a cheap motel?  Otherwise, how can he afford to travel to New Jersey?  He ain't workin'!

• Love 5

Tee hee, as a dance mom I have zero sympathy - can you imagine her at an all day competition with 10 make up/hair/costume changes from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.?  ::eyeroll::

Maybe they take that long @Former Nun because they are for developmentally delayed kids?  I haven't a clue, though.  They'd have to have other interesting/fun things scheduled outside of the kids' actual events to do that.

• Love 1

One would think the people who coach and organize these kids and events wouldn't want to punish THEMSELVES this way.   Guess I'm lucky.  My boys had early-early swim meets but they were usually done by noon.  Little League didn't take long at all.  Of course we're in the desert where we all look like dried-up lizards after supporting our kids' outdoor sports.

• Love 2
(edited)

We get it Sherri. You're a martyr. If it is so hard, send your son to live with his father. If I were Jeff Tarpley and in the middle of trying to get custody, a photo like this would make steam come out of my ears.

One would think the people who coach and organize these kids and events wouldn't want to punish THEMSELVES this way.   Guess I'm lucky.  My boys had early-early swim meets but they were usually done by noon.  Little League didn't take long at all.  Of course we're in the desert where we all look like dried-up lizards after supporting our kids' outdoor sports.

This made me smile. I remember very well those soccer games in the Phoenix heat with my sons.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 5

How do we know the surrogate is in NJ?

Sherri is at Jeffrey's track meet without her usual blanket attire!!!

But- it continues to be all about her

http://instagram.com/p/p1WF7QoLia/

For those that follow her, does she ever post encouraging or positive things about Jeffrey. I.E. "good luck Jeffrey! It's a beautiful day, I know you are going to do great today" or anything of the sort?

(edited)

Thanks to Sherri's use of social media- I know too much (useless) information:

Jeffrey is a member of a community track team- not a special activity for children with special needs.

As for the surrogate situation- back in November- Sherri's cell phone stated her location whenever she tweeted - and on the day in question (Sal announced it) They were in another part of NJ.

I just noticed that Sal used the same words when talking about the big day last November 6th

Tomorrow is the big day!  Kind of scared and kind of excited!

and when talking about the baby on May 14th

75 days before baby LJ will be here.  I'm scared, nervous and excited!  Praying I'll be a good dad.

and Ellie- Sherri has posted throughout track season- always looking bored and complaining- and usually wrapped up in a blanket looking forlorn (long days, freezing cold, no food...)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sherri tries for the wonderful mommy routine but she blows it. Blah, blah, blah. What a look she has. She's an ass. Look at her taking up two other seats with her crap, feet on the seat in front. I hope Jeffrey doesn't get to see how "happy" his mother was to be there. Jeffrey puts himself in to this and she probably says let's go now Jeffrey, mommy's tired.

Edited by ginger90

I thought "tomorrow is the big day" was about his mother visiting and coming to the show (she sat in the front row with him). The pregnancy was supposed to be a big secret so are we sure that's what he was referring to? 

I do not remember where I read this, but it was that the surrogate was in Pennsylvania...around the time the judge issued the gag order.  Of course only Sal was the one talking about any of it - dumbass.

I also checked out Sherri's tweet/instagram about waking up to "my Cane Corso Lexi."  From what I see, that evil collar is gone and looks like she has a non metal one on.  Hallelujah!  She - Cane Corso Lexi - does look a little sad, hope it's just her wake up face.  I guess she does miss Sal.

"in some ways." Really? in some ways, you weren't? You're either shocked or you're not. She just talks to fill the silence.

s

That quote really made me laugh out loud.  "I was kinda absolutely shocked!" .  I know Sherri is an idiot, and makes her own mistakes, but I do feel a little bad for her terrible no good year.

I could see Sherri being allowed back to say goodbyes.  She's such a pushover and an idiot, and has a legit acting career that she must remain professional about.

(edited)

Sherri has posted throughout track season- always looking bored and complaining- and usually wrapped up in a blanket looking forlorn (long days, freezing cold, no food...)

Da fuck?  You bring a cooler with cold drinks, fruit kabobs, sandwiches and other healthy snacks, not just for you but for other kids whose parents don't think or bother, cripes, she can afford to have that catered for her if she's too lazy!  D'oh.  Previously, I was only ever embarrassed for Sherri and her ignorant remarks like the thread title and some of her bigoted remarks about sexuality. This is a whole other level of awful.

eta: I was getting a mani-pedi today and saw the People article regarding Sherri's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Month from the first week of June, wonder what the follow up to that will be.

Edited by NextIteration
(edited)

I thought "tomorrow is the big day" was about his mother visiting and coming to the show (she sat in the front row with him). The pregnancy was supposed to be a big secret so are we sure that's what he was referring to?

We weren't sure what it was- but the timing fits with Lamar Jr's due date,

and yes- The birth will be in PA on July 28th 

Shepherd will host a gospel fest in Virginia on July 19th. Their surrogate will give birth on July 28 in Pennsylvania, which isn’t that far away.

This was Sal's first tweet about it:

Sal @SalfromtheD  ·  Oct 31

Just got some very exciting news.  I'm both elated & scared of the journey I am about 2 take.  Can't explain now but I will keep you posted.

and then:

Sal @SalfromtheD  ·  Nov 6

Tomorrow is the big day!  Kind of scared and kind of excited!

His Mom arrived on November 1st

Sal @SalfromtheD  ·  Nov 1

Just picked my mother up from the airport.  She's staying with me and @SherriEShepherd for a month.  2 women 1 house.  Pray 4 me!
Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

I think Sherri and Sal were sniping each other with their tweets.

Evidently taking a nap at track is Sherri's idea of "track mama in full effect."

I'm thinking there must have been a nanny or friend with her. this reminds me of the selfie on a plane with Jeffrey and Sherri napping together. I can't understand how these photos are taken and posted so quickly and Sherri is dozing, er I mean faking it.

Good grief - make some friends, take an ipad, ipod, a book - anything to while away the time when Jeffrey is not doing his thing.

• Love 2

How do they know the exact day the surrogate will give birth?

Because Sal chose to tweet about it:

Sal @SalfromtheD     ·   May 14   

75 days before baby LJ will be here.  I'm scared, nervous and excited!  Praying I'll be a good dad.

LJ is Lamar Jr.

Speaking as a mother yes I can remember going to my son's sporting events and wishing things would be go quicker but as a parent that is what you do. You support your children in whatever activity they are doing.  If Sherri doesn't want to be there then perhaps she should let Jeffrey's father have custody then.

And since Sherri is always complaining the other parents don't want to be friends with her well Jesus maybe it's because she has people with her who are taking pics of her and posting them on social media. The other parents probably think her attendance is some sort of photo op. And honestly that is what she makes it seem like.  It's not that she is there to support Jeffrey but there to post about it onTwitter and say "I'm such a great mom for being here but I would rather be anywhere else."

• Love 7
(edited)

Speaking as a mother yes I can remember going to my son's sporting events and wishing things would be go quicker but as a parent that is what you do. You support your children in whatever activity they are doing.  If Sherri doesn't want to be there then perhaps she should let Jeffrey's father have custody then.

And since Sherri is always complaining the other parents don't want to be friends with her well Jesus maybe it's because she has people with her who are taking pics of her and posting them on social media. The other parents probably think her attendance is some sort of photo op. And honestly that is what she makes it seem like.  It's not that she is there to support Jeffrey but there to post about it onTwitter and say "I'm such a great mom for being here but I would rather be anywhere else."

Having people around her doing that makes it uninviting to even have a brief chat I'm sure.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

My two boys (middle-aged men) remember how I was always there for them...taking them to swim practice, baseball practice...going to every meet and every game.  At least they were on the same swim team.  For baseball, they were two years apart and sometimes at games in two different parts of town.  I did what I could.  I always paid attention if they were batting...but they never caught me laughing and talking with the other parents in the bleachers.  When there were no bleachers and we brought our own folding chairs, I read many (many!) novels while those innocent boys thought I was watching their every move.  I confessed in later years.  I also never shirked my duties to take snacks (and made sure they were GOOD ones)...or work in the snack bar.  The parents I didn't know I got to know--and vice versa.  I still remember parents I'd never want to see again in my life, Sherri!

• Love 2
(edited)

She has herself barricaded in that picture. Cooler to her right, back pack on her left and feet up on the seat in front of her. She gives the appearance of one who thinks she's too good to even be there.

I'm also a mom who has traveled many many miles for my 3 daughter's sporting events. They were actually fun most the time. I wonder if she's been banned from working concessions? I was in charge of them and I would have banned her, LOL

Edited to change "set" to seat. But thinking about it, perhaps she thinks she's always on set, hmmmm.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

I think Sherri's reputation definitely has preceded her when it comes to Jeffrey's events.  Why would any parent want to talk to her when she would probably use that conversation and exaggerate it and use it for her comedy act? 

It seems to be a pattern with her.  First it was the parent's at Jeffrey's school didn't speak to her and now it's the track meets.  Geez Sherri, maybe people just don't like you.

• Love 5

My son played ice hockey from age 5 to now (25).  Talk about needing a blanket!  It was REALLY fun though because of the other parents.  We went out together afterward, did travel trips to several states, and talked during practices and games--except when our kid was playing.  So much fun.  I remember one parent saying --when the season was over--"this is my social life....what am I going to do now?"   SO true.   Sherri needs to get off her ass and talk to others.  Or maybe that's the problem...she talks a lot but doesn't listen ---either to advice or to get to know others. 

• Love 2

Sherri, with her constant twitching and dancing and flailing drives me crazy. There is a real disorder, St. Vitus dance, which kind of describes her particular way of moving. I think Sherri either 1) needs to stop this movement, or 2) seriously get checked out by a physician. She is so impulsive--as if she cannot control her limbs or what comes out of her mouth. BTW, the condition is called Sydenham's Chorea, and if you check it out, you'll see what I mean.

(edited)

I fast-forwarded the show today and then stopped/watched when two men came from backstage...only to see they were two pro's from Dancing with the Stars, Tony and Max (Sherri's best friend, or course).  Sherri was so busy hogging the camera, demanding all attention...and dancing!, that she didn't see Whoopi and Jenny hugging each guy.  Completely unaware.   It was funny to watch.   Sherri was so into herself and her "performance," Godzilla could have come up behind her and taken her away.  

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 6

I fast-forwarded the show today and then stopped/watched when two men came from backstage...only to see they were two pro's from Dancing with the Stars, Tony and Max (Sherri's best friend, or course).  Sherri was so busy hogging the camera, demanding all attention...and dancing!, that she didn't see Whoopi and Jenny hugging each guy.  Completely unaware.   It was funny to watch.   Sherri was so into herself and her "performance," Godzilla could have come up behind her and taken her away.  

If only

• Love 4

She just doesn't "get it"!!!

Sherri doesn't "get it" concerning anything.  Since she has been on the View I have not seen her learn anything.  Not.one.single.thing.  When she first appeared on the View she was in the middle of an acrimonious divorce and custody battle with her ex who was looking for spousal support.  And lo and behold seven years later and she is going through the exact same thing again.

• Love 4
(edited)

"See now, I disagree. Just because you're a comedian doesn't mean you don't offend people, doesn't mean you don't owe people an apology."

WTH? Does she keep track of anything she says? Even within the same show, she sat there, bopping her head up and down in agreement with Joan Rivers saying she doesn't need to apologize for what she says. UGH!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
Looks like Sherri needs some Preparation H. During the food segment she actually never sat in her chair. She looked pretty awkward to me.

Yeah, what was that yesterday, Ginger90?  Was she posing because she thinks it's sexy or cute?  Is she lower than the rest of the panel when she sits down?  That was just weird.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sherri said that?  WTF?

Her head  spun on this topic, right there on the not live show today. Hot topics, one opinion. Sitting there with Joan Rivers, another head bopping opinion. LOL

Yeah, what was that yesterday, Ginger90?  Was she posing because she thinks it's sexy or cute?  Is she lower than the rest of the panel when she sits down?  That was just weird.

Weird indeed! Such a perplexing woman!

Edited by ginger90