Type keyword(s) to search

Face Off in the Media

Bella

I'm looking forward to this now that I know it will feature people we know.  Dare I hope for Cig and George and even Tate?  I'd also like to see the young woman who was a cake decorator and who made beautiful creations.  Dina?  

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:15 AM, mlp said:

Dina?  

Yes.  She won her season.  Gad, the description sounds like a mouthful, but what  the hell.  What else have I to do at that time on a Tuesday?  I will, however, once again respectfully let the PTB behind FO, GF, Ink Master, Forged in Fire, Top Chef, Top Model, and other show I watch now, or in the future............there are other nights besides TUESDAY!

• Love 4

Anyone going to the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas this week?

Wednesday 4:30-5:30pm Designing the Creatures of Star Trek: Discovery

Meet the designers, Glenn Hetrick and Neville Page, that are bringing the Star Trek: Discovery creatures to life.

Saturday 9:30-10:30 am Michael Westmore Presentation

Michael will be speaking about the history of creating the characters of TNG which include: Data, Geordi, Worf, Vulcans, Romulans, Bolians, early Borg and several memorable episodes and moments.

schedule

14 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

It's the Chopped of special fx. How many more formats can they do a show

They could progress to the Cutthroat  Kitchen of fx.  Just imagine, one hand behind your back with a floating mold and colors with no labels! 

• Love 3

I would say "Don't give them ideas" but I almost want to see Cutthroat Face Off now.

"For this challenge, your model is allergic to latex. And you need to do a full face prosthetic....." 

As for the actual Game Face, that sounds interesting. Looking forward to it. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

"For this challenge, your model is allergic to latex. And you need to do a full face prosthetic....." 

I'm almost positive this happened a few seasons ago, and they had to change prosthetics or something.  But yeah, I mean, what the hell, what have we got to lose?  People we know and have seen in new and unforeseen challenges?  Ok, I'm in. 

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, sourpickles said:

I'm almost positive this happened a few seasons ago, and they had to change prosthetics or something. 

Either it really did happen, or you and I shared the same dream.  I don't remember the particulars though.

• Love 1

Three or four years ago, model chosen, day 1 and day 2 of the challenge went as expected, and then day 3, one contestant didn't have his (?} model come in with the herd. 

And he was told, your model is allergic to latex so we have another model for you.  

Except the new model had a much thinner face and the fit was a disaster.  The judges noticed the terrible fit.  But that contestant wasn't tossed for it.

I assumed that off camera, someone explained that the face didn't match the body and it wasn't the contestant's fault.  

I neither guarantee nor endorse my memory, but present it for what it is, free.

• Love 4

My Tivo programming data isn't reflecting that the finale Part II is Part II, so it wasn't set to record. Not sure if this applies to non-Tivo DVRs, but check to make sure yours is set to record. 

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎20 at 6:21 AM, starri said:

Hetrick-PAge.jpgGlenn and Neville at the Star Trek Discovery premiere. 

Nice to see their work on the show.

And I did tweet that I enjoyed the makeup on the show. Neville Page liked my tweet. Nice guy.

Edited by Frozendiva

It seemed like with this series and say, someone like Worf from a future series, it's a case of what happened in the Klingon evolutionary cycle that they went from something really alien to someone semi-human in such a short timespan? Even the original Trek Klingons were more.... human.

I think that was always intended to be a one off.  It was a legitimate interview for a real job with the company.

The SyFy website just says 2018 for the new season.   Since they're not even advertising it yet, I assume it won't be until summer.

It will be some sort of All Stars, starting early June.

"final Season Premier"

The teams will battle it out each week, with two contestants eliminated every other episode.

In the spirit of nostalgia, Syfy is also updating viewers on some of their past contestants' successes. You've got Season 3’s Jason Milani, who won two primetime Emmys for his work on the Saturday Night Live's makeup team. Also, Season 4’s Wayne Anderson is all over TV and film (he's worked on Stranger Things, It, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Ghostbusters and The Predator). Laura Dandridge, winner of Season 5, recently worked on Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Thor: Ragnarok, and Captain America: Civil War. And frequent guest judge Eryn Krueger Mekash won 6 primetime Emmys for her work on American Horror Story and Feud, among others.

Frequent Guest judge .....doesn't wring any bells.

• Love 2

I guess they're quitting while they're ahead.  I hate to see them go.  I hope Cig is one of the returning contestants.  And Tate.  And I'd like to see the young woman who had been a cake decorator but won.  I'm sure I'll recall her name as soon as I hit Enter.

• Love 1

I haven't been around for a while, but the minute I saw (and am watching) an older epi of FO I knew it was coming back...but if it is true and it is done, I can't say I'm surprised.  Wicked disappointed, but it might be time.  I had seen on Wikipedia that they already had an entry for Season 13 but no details.  Syfy has a lot of scripted stuff and all, so I think FO may have timed out.  I'll miss it though!

• Love 2

I think maybe the talent pool dried up. What I want them to do is have the final season contestants be either the winners of all previous seasons, or the ones who were eliminated first. 

• Love 4
On 5/6/2018 at 8:35 PM, mlp said:

I guess they're quitting while they're ahead.  I hate to see them go

On 5/8/2018 at 11:45 AM, sourpickles said:

but if it is true and it is done, I can't say I'm surprised.  Wicked disappointed, but it might be time.  

I feel the same.  This is my favorite reality competition show so I am very sad.  But they had gotten to the point of running the seasons one right on top of the other and that wasn't good either.  Very bummed.

• Love 6

Sucks that it's ending, as shows that gets their drama from the challenges, rather than the production-enhanced petty bitcheries between the contestants, are few and far between.  But it was always going to have to end sooner or later.  It has a lot fewer potential contestants than something like Big Brother or Survivor, and they were going to reach the bottom of the barrel eventually.  I expect that they'll let the show rest for a few years, then bring it back when the contestant pool has had time to replenish itself.

• Love 8
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, Iguana said:

I expect that they'll let the show rest for a few years, then bring it back when the contestant pool has had time to replenish itself.

I hope so, I really do.  My old(er) ass will still watch and learn something new!  It just hit me today, I really realized this was the last dang season and I'm so sad now....but I'll enjoy every minute.  I had a lot of grief last year and missed many of my shows, ANTM, Top Chef even, couldn't stand Ink Master for more than five epis, all the Project Runways...but I kept coming back to this show.  I haven't even dealt with Forged In Fire or it's spin off, which I hate.  I see a lot of the same ppl. on here as I do other shows I watch, so I guess I'll have to keep moving....but I'll always have a soft spot for Face Off and all the people who were on it!

Oh, and for this last one, I did recognize a lot of ppl. today in the one extended promo, but the only names I can think of are Stella? (pull your socks up) though she now has long dark hair and Walter.  So many others I can't think of right off the bat.

• Love 4

Sasha.  "Pull Your Socks Up" was SASHA, not Stella.  I used to get those S names mixed up all the time on the original season.  It's been driving me nuts that I couldn't think of her name, then the most recent promo jarred my memory!  Random comment time!

I'm so sad that this is the last season. I suppose it must be hard to schedule the judges, who are busy professionals and it wouldn't be the same without Glenn and Ve. There are so few reality shows with genuinely nice, professional contestants who help each other and work together with a minimum of drama. Over the years, the smart ones have used it as an extended audition and behaved accordingly. It's a collaborative industry and working well with others is key. I'll miss it.

• Love 5

"Face Off: Battle Royale” features fan-favorite artists from previous seasons as they are paired against one another for the first time ever. These All-Stars will battle in a head-to-head competition and two contestants will be eliminated every other episode". From renewcanceltv.com.

This is pretty much what most of us wanted for a final season, eh? Nice!

• Love 2
On 6/3/2018 at 2:25 PM, Token said:

What's Game Face?

Game Face, IIRC, appeared without much fanfare (odd word, that) and each episode featured three competitors doing several things.  The judges watched and chatted about what they were seeing, which lead to some really interesting things..."I never thought he/she could save that disaster he/she started with."  Should have chosen different color/head shape, etc.  The judges were really interesting as a chorus in the background chatting with each other fully microphoned with good lighting on them.  McKenzie's nearly identical cousin who is, apparently, living in a colorblind style-less world did her best. 

First the three competed, one was eliminated, than two with one eliminated.  I am forgetting something.....

Lots of running around, very little time to execute ideas.  I think we saw, or would see some of the contestants in Face Off, but others I don't think we saw again.

I wondered if it was a test of an alternative format, or a rough test of several failed pilots.  I seem to remember the last show broadcast was the worst of the bunch. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Game Face, IIRC, appeared without much fanfare (odd word, that) and each episode featured three competitors doing several things.  The judges watched and chatted about what they were seeing, which lead to some really interesting things..."I never thought he/she could save that disaster he/she started with."  Should have chosen different color/head shape, etc.  The judges were really interesting as a chorus in the background chatting with each other fully microphoned with good lighting on them.  McKenzie's nearly identical cousin who is, apparently, living in a colorblind style-less world did her best. 

First the three competed, one was eliminated, than two with one eliminated.  I am forgetting something.....

Lots of running around, very little time to execute ideas.  I think we saw, or would see some of the contestants in Face Off, but others I don't think we saw again.

I wondered if it was a test of an alternative format, or a rough test of several failed pilots.  I seem to remember the last show broadcast was the worst of the bunch. 

Thanks.  It seems it was never shown in Canada and is being broadcast now, right after the new episodes of Face Off.

On 6/4/2018 at 1:33 PM, SherriAnt said:

"Face Off: Battle Royale” features fan-favorite artists from previous seasons as they are paired against one another for the first time ever. These All-Stars will battle in a head-to-head competition and two contestants will be eliminated every other episode". From renewcanceltv.com.

This is pretty much what most of us wanted for a final season, eh? Nice!

Can't say I'm super excited about the cast although there are a few I am looking forward to.  Mostly I wish they'd ended by doing a season 11 rematch.  7 of the top 8 were fantastic!

• Love 2

Maybe it's just because I was more invested in the earlier seasons, but I, at least, recognized seven from this group of 12.  The down side is that none of the seven had a specific style associated with them, as I remembered them.  To be fair, I tend not to remember demons and uglies, and I do really remember some of the clever, whimsical creations (and who made them, often Laura).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Maybe it's just because I was more invested in the earlier seasons, but I, at least, recognized seven from this group of 12.  The down side is that none of the seven had a specific style associated with them, as I remembered them.  To be fair, I tend not to remember demons and uglies, and I do really remember some of the clever, whimsical creations (and who made them, often Laura).

I've had this on all day and I still don't really know who is on this season aside from the ones I recognize automatically.  Not sure I would have chosen them but hey, it's the last season so whatever.  FO didn't ever do anyone favors by using the best makeups in the opening credits..made many of us think about Laura and Logan, etc., set the bar VERY high.

• Love 3