Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

On 3/13/2022 at 10:46 PM, mojoween said:

No what the fuck Josh Donaldson is used up and Gary Sanchez and Gio Urshela are not, Gary can work on his shit, this trade sucks.

A bunch of Jays/Donaldson fans are kind of vomiting at the idea of Josh being a Yankee.  Personally, I never understood it. I would love my old favourites to go to the Yankees because I'd get to see them play against us a lot.

• Love 1

I didn’t *love* Johnny Damon joining the Yankees, but I grew to kinda like it.  Especially because he had to shed his dastardly 2004 beard.

However.  If David Ortiz somehow ended up in New York?  I would not have ever in any way been at all ok with that.  Just the thought gives me the willies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

If David Ortiz somehow ended up in New York?  I would not have ever in any way been at all ok with that.

I would have a REAL problem with Correa (or any other of the Cheaters Central Astros) joining the Yankees.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Harry24 said:

I would have a REAL problem with Correa (or any other of the Cheaters Central Astros) joining the Yankees.

Well that's exactly how (some of us) felt when George Springer came to Toronto!  And still do, honestly!  Half of the Toronto fans were foaming at the mouth excited, the other half of us were ................ I don't know.. ........ Spectrum of upset to disappointed to cautious to neutral.  It doesn't really help that he was mostly injured in the last season and I still haven't warmed up to him.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Thought we were in the clear, now we have to worry about Aaron Judge’s vax status.  UGH.

Yes, I just saw this. Games in Toronto may not be the only issue...

Unvaccinated Yankees, Mets not allowed to play in home games

Major League Baseball returns to New York City in 23 days, but not every player may be able to take the diamond.

Under current city guidelines, Yankees and Mets players who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 would not be allowed to play home games. The private sector workplace requirement is the same one that has kept Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving from playing games at Barclays Center and Madison Square Garden.

“The policy remains in place, we look at the data every single day and listen to the advice from public health experts,” a City Hall spokesperson said, via The New York Post. “We cannot speak for what will happen in a month but the private sector mandate is today in place.”

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I was so disappointed in Aaron Judge's non-answer when asked about his vaccination status.  They are calling him Kyrie Part 2!

That is the most hateful thing I have ever heard (them saying it, not you).

Am I crazy?  Wasn’t there a vax requirement last year and he played all year?  Judge had BEST be in right field on April 7.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Am I crazy?  Wasn’t there a vax requirement last year and he played all year?  Judge had BEST be in right field on April 7.

NYC only put in the private employer mandate in December - last season it only mattered if the team was above 85% vaccinated in order to enjoy relaxed protocols.

Maybe Aaron Judge should have taken a page from the Rodgers playbook and said he was immunized, although I suppose that only works once.  Regardless, anyone who blurts out a word salad of focusing on the game is almost certainly a no.

Ahhhh I feel like that's a loaded question lol. I could come up with several teams. One is making the rounds crying poor today.

That's a shame though. I watched a few of the As wild cards the last few years (and a series? Can't remember). Kept hoping they would bust through. They've had some real decent players that also seemed like decent people.

I feel pretty fortunate we had Semien for the year and I'm happy to have Chapman. But I'm sorry! Join our bandwagon, it'll be fun lol.

• Love 1

What the heck are the Rockies doing with that Kris Bryant contract?

And a no-trade?

Sort of took the wind out of my sails with my annoyance towards Chaim's bias for non-action.

And I resent that!

• Love 1

Hey with Joe Buck fleeing for ESPN does that mean the World Series will have a new main guy?  I don’t even know who FOX’s #2 is, but I know I’m not a fan of whoever does games on FS1 on Saturdays.

• Love 2

I love spring training.  The Yankees are back on my teevee, Cameron Maybin is already fantastic and Aaron Judge hit a long foul ball and because the fans are so close to the field mics, one screamed in such a way that I’m pretty sure she was stabbed in the abdomen as soon as the ball made contact with the bat.

• LOL 2

I like how it danced around the fact Manfraud lied and was full of shit in public as per usual.

The letter may reveal the difference bw what Manfraud said in public and what was found in private......uh yup.

Just like he lied about switching the baseball half way through last season. 

With gambling increasing I wonder if these oopsies are going to start becoming a bigger deal.

Edited by cleo
  • Love 3

I was watching today's spring training game (Guardians vs. Rangers) and was so happy to see Josh Naylor interviewed between pitches. For all of us who saw that gruesome knee injury occur in real time last June, it is nothing short of inspiring to see him in uniform and nearly ready to go. He spent part of the interview thanking everyone who has helped him, from the fans to the rehab people. We in Cleveland are blessed to have such classy guys as Josh and his brother Bo on our team. 😁💖

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Without saying Cleveland Guardians every time it’s going to be a looooong while before I make the connection if it’s said as just Guardians.

Trust me, it's even weirder here in Cleveland! One day not long ago in the car, I had the radio on and heard the words, "home of the Cleveland Guardians." Immediately, I yelled "WHO?!" 😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL 4

The Pirates TV network just did an interview with the bench coach during the game. As the interview was ending, the coach said that this would be the last at bat of the game for the player at the plate, Ben Gamel. He explained that Gamel's wife would be delivering their first child tonight and he wanted to congratulate the couple.

The very next pitch Gamel hit a home run.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, mojoween said:

Without saying Cleveland Guardians every time it’s going to be a looooong while before I make the connection if it’s said as just Guardians.

I wonder if some announcers are going to slip up and say “Indians” first.(I’ve noticed that two years later, a few still inadvertently say “DL” instead of “IL”.)

• Love 2

What the hell?  WHYYYYYYYYY is the ghost runner coming back?  Didn’t they assure us after the lockout that it was gone?

Worst and dumbest decision ever.  It’s manufactured runs and I haaaaaaates it.

• Love 4

The thing I'll miss most about Spring Training being over is the Freddie vs Anthopoulos death match.

As a neutral party it has been entertaining watching these two tear each other a new one.

Especially since it seem like neither's baseline.

Perfect Spring Training drama.

On 3/25/2022 at 4:20 PM, cleo said:

I really wonder whether Freeman is worth whatever LA paid him, but I havent cared enough to look into his stats etc. Never saw him play much. 

The contract he signed is really good for the Dodgers unless his production just takes an unexpected nose dive in the next few seasons.

• Love 1

“Overheard at the Ballpark” is getting an early workout this year.  Giancarlo Stanton takes a 2-0 pitch to make it 3-0 and from the stands comes “good eye Giancarlo!”  And if we heard it, I bet he heard it, and I like to imagine him chuckling to himself as he takes the next pitch (a called strike, BTW).

Apple TV+ has signed a dastardly contract with MLB and will have Friday night doubleheaders.  One of those is the Yankees, which I REALLY hope is simulcast on YES.  I will NOT get another streaming service, dammit.

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

One of those is the Yankees, which I REALLY hope is simulcast on YES.

I doubt it. Their first game is supposed to be the Mets and Nats, with Max Scherzer's Met debut. From all I've heard - and there has been a fair amount of griping - it will not be carried on SNY, only Apple TV+, so I assume the same will apply to the Yankees and YES.

1 hour ago, Moose135 said:

I doubt it. Their first game is supposed to be the Mets and Nats, with Max Scherzer's Met debut. From all I've heard - and there has been a fair amount of griping - it will not be carried on SNY, only Apple TV+, so I assume the same will apply to the Yankees and YES.

Won't be carried on MASN either.

It's bullshit.

They go on and on about wanting to increase fans and then make the games harder to watch.

I'm glad they usually ignore the Jays with this stuff unless they're playing an 'important' team. 

Im the odd duck that doesn't subscribe to any streaming service. 

Edited by cleo
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I still don’t understand why MLB Network can show some Yankees spring training games in my area(like they’re doing now), and the blackout rules don’t apply.

It frustrates me I can’t watch MLB Net on the iPad, but I am amused that it plays the audio version on At Bat because they don’t go to commercial and you can hear everything going on in the ballpark over the PA (like just listening to the Chicken Dance, for instance).

• Love 2