Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Woohoo, we get McCutchen! Our outfield may actually be functional this year....

Oh shut up. ; )

I was at the game when they announced the Cutch had made his first All Star game. I just happened to be looking at the Jumbotron when it hit and started clapping like a maniac. It was between innings and everyone was looking at different stuff, so my friends (and everyone in the section) were WTF? Then I pointed to the screen and started the ovation. 

This was expected, but really sucks. 

• Love 3

Matt Duffy had a cat. . . and no MVPs. Cutch not only married a Pittsburgh native, they actually named their kid Steel. 

Seriously though, I wish him well with the Giants. He may be in his "declining" years, but he's a good dude.

• Love 1

So unhappy about Cutch moving out west for purely selfish reasons as I won't be able to see him as often.  On the flip side if the even numbered year thing gets back on track for the Giants my beloved Cutch might win a championship this year.

• Love 2

Cutch has been one of my favorite players for years, so much so that the PIrates are basically my #2 NL team. I am so excited he's on the Giants now, but I feel for the Pittsburgh fans, especially with the Cole trade happening just a few days prior. We'll take care of Andrew, Bucs fans, and I simply can't wait for the reports of his first hang with the Willies.

• Love 1

Curtis is a gem. He was nothing but class while a Yankee.

Was happy he got to stay in NY. Won't be surprised, though if he retires after 2018. Hope he has a great year and goes out as the gentleman and good soul that he is. Team player.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Anybody here from Toronto?

Im from Toronto. Not sure what to say about Granderson. I only know him from his brief time in LA, which was not great. I'm hoping he will do better but overall I am not optimistic about Toronto this yr.

I'll be happy if we make 500.

Gonzalez didn't play much last yr. He went on the DL and once Bellinger arrived it was all over. I wondered at the time how he felt, bc when he first went on the DL the news made a fuss about it, as it was the first time during his career he had been on the DL. Roberts convinced him bc he had a back problem or something, so he goes for the first time, and boom Cody was on the scene. Although I don't think it was planned, I don't think they expected Cody to do so well right out of the gate.

I wonder how long the Mets are going to carry Tebow in the minors. His slash last year was .226/.309/.347. Not good! 

And he's almost seven years older than the guys he's playing against.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 0:27 PM, xaxat said:

I wonder how long the Mets are going to carry Tebow in the minors. His slash last year was .226/.309/.347. Not good! 

My issue with Tebow is I don't believe he's serious about a baseball career and, therefore, he's potentially taking a roster spot away from someone who is.  Oh, and I think he's a pompous ass too.

• Love 3

Ugh.  As I once told my friend who was trying to get me on the train, it’s NEVER Tebow Time.  Can’t he just be a college football analyst and enjoy life?  Why does he have to clog up baseball media?

The absolute WORST part of the whole thing is when he goes on a show like “Golic and Wingo” he is quite funny and charming and it makes me hate him more.

• Love 1

If you are not watching the HOF announcement you missed one of the most goose bump inducing intros read by Rod Carew.  Amazing.

One thing I hate about the HOF is the public ballot reveals BEFORE the announcement.  Can’t we be surprised about anything any more?

Edited by mojoween

HOF Reactions

Fuck Larry Jones. Really.

I don't really remember Vlad Guerreo. I mean, I knew the name, but I can't remember anything except that he started with the Expos.

Jim Thome . . . wasn't he the Human Rain Delay? I'm totally confusing him with someone else, aren't I? (It's Mike Hargrove. Indians thing?)

Please please please PLEASE play "Hell's Bells" at the induction!!! Congrats, Trevor Hoffman!

Annnnnnnnd fuck Barry and Roger. Awesome!

I feel like The Hartford should give me free tickets, especially next year.  It won’t happen, but I can dream.

I feel badly that Godzilla dropped off the ballot.

Fuck Curt Schilling.  He doesn't deserve the honor of the Hall. 

Yeah yeah I know there are lots of guys of questionable character in there.  Don’t care.  Curt sucks.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Jim Thome . . . wasn't he the Human Rain Delay? I'm totally confusing him with someone else, aren't I? (It's Mike Hargrove. Indians thing?)

Mike Hargrove, who also played first base for the Tribe was the Human Rain Delay.  He was also, of course, manager of the Indians during Thome's first stint with them which is probably why you thought of it.

Edited by doodlebug

I'm happier for Trevor Hoffman than I am for Chipper Jones because I can't stand him as a person.  Still holding out hope that some day Edgar Martinez will get in.  I liked Vlad Guerrero as a player but would put him in the Hall of Very Good and not the Hall of Fame.

Every night I pray  that Starlin Castro is traded to some team. First he's a Cub, gets traded and Cubs win WS. Gets traded from Yanks who apparently will be a fave for the playoffs/WS. Now Miami has pretty much no one on the team and God only knows how many fans show up at the games. I might even not be bothered if he were to go to the Red Sox (just making a point) as long as he can have fun playing.

On 1/24/2018 at 7:26 PM, smittykins said:

I doubt it.  Someone is not going to vote for him, just because he can.

Yeah. Will it be a Boston writer?  lol 

How funny would it be if the Indians won their first title since 1948 in the final season using that image? I can lean into political correctness, so I'd support a nickname change. How about this: the basketball team changes its name to "LeBrons" after James retires (or "Kings," if the Sacramento franchise moves or folds), and the baseball team could be "Cavaliers." Not many pro teams with swashbuckling/sword-wielding overtones out there.

13 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

How funny would it be if the Indians won their first title since 1948 in the final season using that image? I can lean into political correctness, so I'd support a nickname change. How about this: the basketball team changes its name to "LeBrons" after James retires (or "Kings," if the Sacramento franchise moves or folds), and the baseball team could be "Cavaliers." Not many pro teams with swashbuckling/sword-wielding overtones out there.

And then all the swashbuckling sword wielders out there would protest :)

• Love 2