Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Pimento

• Start Topic

In BB Saul did explain his name and that he intentionally wanted it to "sound Jewish" because he thought it added creditability. I don't recall anything stated about Jimmy's past or a contraction of "...it's all good, man."

When we were introduced to Saul in BB, he was "meeting" Brandon Mayhew's father (or so he thought; it was Walt) and upon hearing the name Mayhew, said: "Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato eater! My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak." In the early flashback to his con-man days in Illinois, when Jimmy and his friend were pulling their Drunk Guy Scam, Jimmy does have this conversation with his mark:

Mark: Hey, bro, I never did catch your name.

Jimmy: Saul.

Mark: Saul?

Jimmy: Saul good, man. Get it?

So I'm guessing he went with his old con-man alias because he wanted to constantly remind himself that he was unequivocally Slippin' Jimmy— but he also liked having Jewish cred.

• Love 6

pipe=hitting? is that slang I don't know?

But thanks for this, makes sense to me. Seems like in BCS it was a joke but later on he realized it was a good alias.

I heard a podcast with Odenkirk and he talked about auditioning and how he at first said, um, I don't read Jewish. And they told him he was really Irish. Very clever.

• Love 3

From the Urban Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pipe+hitter

TOP DEFINITION

pipe hitter

Some one or a group of people who are willing to go to the extreme in order to get things accomplished. Most commonly refers to the special forces, but is not limited to that. Can also serve as an extreme marksman(s). Someone who will accomplish any task no questions asked. It is rapidly evolving to encompass all those who live life to the extreme.

Black Water is full of pipe hitters, ready to go.

Pipe Hitters Union Creed: "Live extreme, always give one hundred percent and watch your brother's backs."

• Love 3

From the Urban Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pipe+hitter

TOP DEFINITION

pipe hitter

Some one or a group of people who are willing to go to the extreme in order to get things accomplished. Most commonly refers to the special forces, but is not limited to that. Can also serve as an extreme marksman(s). Someone who will accomplish any task no questions asked. It is rapidly evolving to encompass all those who live life to the extreme.

Black Water is full of pipe hitters, ready to go.

Pipe Hitters Union Creed: "Live extreme, always give one hundred percent and watch your brother's backs."

So does this mean someone who would be willing to hit someone else with a metal pipe???

I had assumed, given the context, he meant this:

"Pipe-hitting member of the tribe" -- a reference to a Native American tribe and those who smoked the peace pipe; in other words, were legit.

The very first time I heard the term was in the movie, Pulp Fiction, when Butch asked Marcellus Wallace, "what now?"

Marcellus:What now? Let me tell you what now:

Imma call a couple of hard pipe hittin' n***** to go to

work on the holmes here with a pair of pliers and a

blowtorch.

YOU HEAR ME TALKIN' HILLBILLY BOY? I AINT THROUGH

WITH YOU BY A DAMN SIGHT.

Imma get medieval on yo ass.

• Love 2

The very first time I heard the term was in the movie, Pulp Fiction, when Butch asked Marcellus Wallace, "what now?"

This is definitely what I gathered from Saul's explanation in BB.  He wished to appear as a lawyer who additionally consumes drugs by heating them in an apparatus and inhaling the smoke from them.

This is definitely what I gathered from Saul's explanation in BB.  He wished to appear as a lawyer who additionally consumes drugs by heating them in an apparatus and inhaling the smoke from them.

LOL

I think the Urban Dictionary definition is closer to how he used it, meaning someone who will accomplish any task, no questions asked.

Kind of like pipe hitting meth junkies, you can hire them to do anything, and they will do it.

There's "pipe-hitting" which means someone who will go to an extreme to get the job done. And then there's "hitting the pipe" which as any meth-head worth his crystal knows, means getting high. Between this and the "hot minute" discussion in another thread, all this tv watching  has really helped to widen my vocabulary.

• Love 1

There's "pipe-hitting" which means someone who will go to an extreme to get the job done. And then there's "hitting the pipe" which as any meth-head worth his crystal knows, means getting high. Between this and the "hot minute" discussion in another thread, all this tv watching  has really helped to widen my vocabulary.

Yes! Now I get it! "Pipe hitters" (meaning crack junkies who smoke methamphetamine cocktails in pipes) might also hit people over the head with metal pipes, but the two activities are mutually exclusive.

So it seems to have multiple meanings for the show--kind of like an inside joke with words like often occurs on these boards.

The first reference sort of started that ball rolling with its double (or triple) meanings:

When we were introduced to Saul in BB, he was "meeting" Brandon Mayhew's father (or so he thought; it was Walt) and upon hearing the name Mayhew, said: "Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato eater! My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."...

--which I agree can also be read as a metaphor this way:

"Pipe-hitting member of the tribe" -- a reference to a Native American tribe and those who smoked the peacepipe; in other words, were legit.

• Love 1
The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys.

Is this still a thing in some places?  The only person I've ever heard say this was my sainted grandmother, who advised me as a teen that if I ever got in trouble I should seek a 'Jew lawyer'.  My mom visibly wilted and rolled her eyes.  Don't be too hard on my gran - she was old school Brooklyn.  But I don't think I've heard anyone make anything of a deal about this since.

• Love 1

I have forgotten so much from BrBa, including that Saul revealed his real name.  It's kind of a hoot, he adopts a Jewish persona but reveals his Irish identity to a presumed Irishman 'client'.  But I suppose it fits in with his schmooz-y personality to want to establish a commonality with a paying customer. 

• Love 1

Waited a while to pitch in here...  I was initially with the mob wanting to hang Chuck for his betrayal to Jimmy.  Then I rewatched after reading some of the posts here sympathetic to Chuck and I think I am on the other side of the fence now.

I remember a family dispute with one of my uncles who worked his ass off, put himself through college (Auburn I think), received excellent grades while taking care of his young family.  He was tireless in taking care of his mom, taking on the role of the family patriarch.  His brother, a drug using alcoholic, was divorced and never took much care of his family.  Bad husband, bad father, bad son.

Twenty years down the road, younger brother turned things around, sobered up and started a business (his first) that was very successful, a restaurant that was one of those "right place at the right time" things.  He reconnected to his kids via his grandkids, etc.  Great comeback story, good for him.  I remember hearing my great aunt, their mother, say things like "I am so proud of my boys, look at all they have accomplished, how successful they are, etc.  I remember my uncle sitting in the other room talking to my aunt saying something to the effect "the guy gets his shit together for a few years and now we're equal".  He was half-joking but his point was he was in it to win it from the get go, made a ton of sacrifices, and earned everything he had.

While his rewards were greater (good relationship with his kids, wife, and took care of his mom), he made an interesting point.  He felt he was owed some recognition for his lifelong efforts and not simply be grouped into 1/2 of the successful kid bucket.

I thought of them during the re-watch.

• Love 8

Chuck and Jimmy's story is an age-old one, biblical even -- the prodigal son.  With some twists of course.  The 'good' son's feelings are very human and understandable.  It's the actions that are problematic.  Chuck has got to feel so miserable inside, on many levels.  His envy and inability to cope with Jimmy's turnaround have come home to roost in a toxic way.  His life is as big a mess as Jimmy's ever was.  Very sad.

• Love 5

I guess the difference for me is that Jimmy isn't a huge success. Not yet. He's been a struggling lawyer for several years. He just recently started to build a solid client base, with the elder law thing. But it's not like he's some hot shot, known around town. It's not like he's getting tons of praise from family, co-workers, the media or whomever - and Chuck is in the shadows. And I think it's silly for Chuck to compare who has worked harder because Jimmy is quite a bit younger than him, so Chuck is always going to have age on his side.

Now maybe Chuck is acting proactively. Maybe he is doing all this in anticipation of Jimmy's big success - i.e. Sandpiper. But Jimmy stumbled across that case fair and square. He did nothing shady to get it, and seemed quite willing to share the work and, likely, the spoils with his big brother. 

I know jealousy is a very real, natural thing. You're not a bad person if you're jealous of your siblings. I struggle with it myself sometimes. But I make sure that my inner feelings don't affect my outward actions. To put stumbling blocks in your brother's way because you can't handle the fact that he may also be a successful lawyer is just sad. You'd think, after the years of watching Slippin Jimmy and his troubles, he'd be happy to see his brother so passionate about something legit. I'd be like, "Oh, finally, he's out of trouble, working hard and staying straight". But all Chuck could think about was himself. 

I don't think his feelings were wrong, because everyone is entitled to them. It's his actions I take issue with. 

• Love 8

My browser flaked out just as I was about to reply, using quotes. Since there are already 7 pages, I'm not going to go back. I apologize for not giving people credit.

One poster mentioned her sister was a Jimmy, and discussed that dynamic. But she then said the thing I think is the crux of the matter "I would never sabotage her." At least to me, this is what makes Chuck repellant. He actively sabotaged his brother, while taking on the mantle of moral superiority. The whole issue of whose law degree is better, who may (or may not) have gone down the slippery path is, to me, irrelevant. Chuck is despicable because he harmed his brother - with intent. Jimmy, while having his slippery side, has been nothing (that we've seen) but a good and caring brother.

As for Jimmy putting the skateboard twins into danger - IIRC, that was on them. Yes, they pulled the stunt in front of the wrong car, but they actively chased that car and went into Tuco's Abuelita's home to shake her down. Jimmy didn't ask, or intend, for them to do that. That they got out of that alive, was down to Jimmy's negotiating skills - and something he didn't have to do.

In my opinion, Jimmy's a good guy (but has been teetering on the criminal edge, and now will definitely go over it). Chuck's a bad guy, a non-criminal, but dis-honorable, nonetheless.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

So Chuck turns out to be a real douchebag.  I guess this is pivotal in Jimmy's transformation into Saul.  He probably doesn't want to share Chuck's name anymore.  I agree with what people said that Chuck was right to bring the case to HHM.  That case demands the resources of a big firm.  And if Chuck felt that Jimmy's personality wouldn't be a good fit to work with the head suit on that case, fine.  But his belittling of Jimmy totally smacks of both egotistical arrogance and jealousy.  How can you tell Jimmy he isn't a real lawyer?  Exactly what is a "real" lawyer?  It's not like it's this hallowed fraternity of Perry Masons, it's full of ambulance chasers, hack public defenders, and corporate paper pushers.  Jimmy proved in the way he got that case off the ground that he is very much a "real" lawyer.

Mike was typically awesome this week.  And that guy standing next to him, how big was he?  He was gargantuan!

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 5

I agree with what people said that Chuck was right to bring the case to HHM.  That case demands the resources of a big firm.

It was Chuck that turned it into the big case that needed those resources. It could have stayed small.

• Love 5
(edited)

Mike was typically awesome this week. And that guy standing next to him, how big was he? He was gargantuan!

David Mattey (who played Man Mountain) is 6'10".

Jonathan Banks said on the "Better Call Saul" Insider podcast that Dave's really intelligent. According to IMDB, he's a member of Mensa.

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 2

Chuck's revelations were soul-shattering for Jimmy, just in themselves, But they also came as the coup de grace after a number of people had told him that they, like Chuck, thought he was shady and devious by nature. Nacho left his phone number at the nail-salon office, "for when you realize you're in the game." The Kettlemans told him he was the sort of lawyer that only guilty people hire. And Mike laughed him off, almost contemptuously, when Jimmy asked how Mike had known he'd spill the coffee.

Are there any I've missed?

• Love 8

It was Chuck that turned it into the big case that needed those resources. It could have stayed small.

Bingo!

Jimmy knew he had something, but he didn't fully understand the scope and size of the case. Chuck had to explain to Jimmy that the $20 million demand wasn't unreasonable.

Chuck's revelations were soul-shattering for Jimmy, just in themselves, But they also came as the coup de grace after a number of people had told him that they, like Chuck, thought he was shady and devious by nature. Nacho left his phone number at the nail-salon office, "for when you realize you're in the game." The Kettlemans told him he was the sort of lawyer that only guilty people hire. And Mike laughed him off, almost contemptuously, when Jimmy asked how Mike had known he'd spill the coffee.

Are there any I've missed?

Poor Jimmy.

You're right. It would be hard to resist that kind of constant talk and not think "they must see something in me that I don't."

Poor Jimmy.

You're right. It would be hard to resist that kind of constant talk and not think "they must see something in me that I don't."

Oh, Jimmy saw the "Slippin' Jimmy" in himself--he just wanted to disavow the existence in order to please Chuck.  Add the drinking of the salon's cucumber water (even after warned it was for "customers only") to the list of examples of Jimmy's true persona.

• Love 1

I dunno, I think the cucumber thing is pretty mild stuff. He lives there after all.

I agree though he sees it in himself-- but not that he was only trying to change to please chuck. However, knowing there is no chance of ever being seen as anything else would be a powerful disincentive to try.

• Love 3
Add the drinking of the salon's cucumber water (even after warned it was for "customers only") to the list of examples of Jimmy's true persona.

Drinking cucumber water in a place where he rents out his work and/or living space doesn't exactly add to the list of morally corrupt things Jimmy McGill has done. I think some of these suggestions are starting to get a little off the wall.  

We all know that Jimmy is going to become Saul.  This is a given.  Trying to shoehorn in 'He drank the cuke water!' to prove his asshattery kind of fails for me, personally, since as written and performed on the show, Jimmy has been a decent guy--not a monster, and not even close to anything akin to Walt, and we know that he won't ever come close to that level, either.  I sort of doubt Vince would make two shows about the exact same type of protagonist so I don't really expect to see Jimmy start to poison little kids or leave colleagues to rot in underground meth labs.  

Chuck's sabotage wouldn't have gotten us all talking to the degree that it did unless we identify with Jimmy, so I'm going to step away from this discussion because it feels like it's gone almost entirely off the rails. 

• Love 6

Oh, Jimmy saw the "Slippin' Jimmy" in himself--he just wanted to disavow the existence in order to please Chuck.  Add the drinking of the salon's cucumber water (even after warned it was for "customers only") to the list of examples of Jimmy's true persona.

I got that you were being sarcastic.

I got that you were being sarcastic.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.  Though it seems like a little thing (drinking the water), the fact that the salon owner specifically ordered him to not drink it then whenever Jimmy can sneak a glass of the water--he does! That shows that Jimmy doesn't respect boundaries when they conflict with what he wants.  That's what Slippin' Jimmy is!

• Love 1
(edited)

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. Though it seems like a little thing (drinking the water), the fact that the salon owner specifically ordered him to not drink it then whenever Jimmy can sneak a glass of the water--he does! That shows that Jimmy doesn't respect boundaries when they conflict with what he wants. That's what Slippin' Jimmy is!

I've been saying that all along, but I am not sure I would have zeroed in on the cucumber water.

However, what you just posted is rational and far more defensible than some of the excuses that have been put forward to dismiss Jimmy's illegal and reckless behavior.

Well then, let me say, good catch!

Jimmy maybe witty and charming, but he is a criminal and has always been one.

The Kettelmans saw it, Mike saw it, Nacho saw it, Chuck saw it.

Chuck's betrayal is not what turns him Into being a criminal.

He has always been one. I guess the emergence of Saul is his embrace of criminality after an attempt at reform.

Edited by ToastnBacon
  • Love 2

True, Jimmy could have pressed them for say, $500K when they asked him to give them a number, and they probably would have settled right there.  Maybe even for $1 million.  It's when Chuck went for the tens of millions that it became an uber case.

• Love 1
(edited)

...Chuck's betrayal is not what turns him Into being a criminal...

No, but seeing the betrayal juxtaposed next to Mike's axiom:

I've known good criminals and bad cops....

makes me think that Jimmy's discovery of Chuck's duplicity (Chuck pretending he was in Jimmy's corner while he was also setting up Hamlin to be the heavy to knock the wind out of Jimmy's sails) could make Jimmy a bad guy in the sense of Mike's meaning of "bad." So I guess we could say Jimmy/Saul does "break bad." Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Oh please, I think it shows that the salon owner is a tight ass more than hat a jimmy is corrupt, in his shoes I'd also drink the cucumber water and I am no slipping jimmy.

Do you remember the opening scene in Lawrence of Arabia?

All bar exams have a common multiple choice test that takes an entire day.  Its not easy.  I think all states also have a separate ethics test they have to take and states/bar associations require a pretty thorough background check, I don't think many, if any, felons get law licenses.

Chuck could have helped Jimmy even if not working in the same firm.  Chuck is just a snob over the lawschool and that Jimmy could be a lawyer as well.  Not every lawyer has to be the high priced corporate shill.  There's a lot of "hucksters" that still provide a good legal service for their clients.  With a little training, Jimmy could have been a decent lawyer for HHM, but Chuck's own ego wouldn't allow it.

Loved Mike schooling the newbie drug dealer on doing homework.  Or at least hiring a person to do it.

• Love 5

I'm wondering exactly what Chuck thought his end game was with this case. He was clearly expecting to be working on it for the long haul. Was he going to make the entire building go offline for hours at a time while he worked there? Was Jimmy supposed to hang around after being rejected like that, and continue to chauffeur him back and forth from the office, bring in more of his suits to be lined with space blankets, carry his boxes of documents, be the mail boy again while his brother worked on HIS case? Jimmy's pretty much integral to Chuck's ability to survive, let alone function outside his home — what would make Chuck assume he'd be willing to go above and beyond to help Chuck try HIS case? What did he think was stopping Jimmy from taking the case to another firm who'd have been willing to hire him on?

It's been clear that HMM is Chuck's priority waaay more than Jimmy is. He probably did want to land the firm a plum case and help win it, just to prove he's still relevant to HHM. But there are so many holes in his plan that he either didn't think ahead very much (unlikely; Chuck's always thinking) or he's so accustomed to Jimmy being at his beck and call under all circumstances that he honestly never considered the possibility that Jimmy wouldn't continue to be his bitch.

I also can't imagine anything much more wrenching than hearing someone you love and respect insult you worse than you've ever been in your life -- ever -- and then follow it up with, "Deep down, you know I'm right. You know I'm right!"

• Love 9

In that case, the part you haven't seen is that Chuck isn't 100% wrong about Jimmy.

The point is both characters have their flaws, and Jimmy's flaws run just as deep as Chucks.

It isn't as simple as Jimmy = Right and Chuck = Wrong.

Yes, I never forget that the first time I met Saul, his recommendation was to have Badger killed.

• Love 2

Geez, that is some serious mental gymnastics for trying to dismiss Jimmy's actions here...The Billboard incident is a pure scam - and likely illegal, depending on the state laws. He created and advertisement under false pretenses and (even though he "argued" against it) we know that he actually DID intentionally rip off the HHM Billboard as a part of this ploy...But whatever, I can understand that some people may find this mostly harmless.

However, your statements about the Kettlemans are just way off base. First off, he wasn't doing it to be introduced to the Kettlemans. He'd already met the Kettlemans and they had already refused his service.

Second, he was again breaking the law in numerous ways.

1. He was stalking them. He watched them for an undetermined amount of time to learn Ma Kettleman's daily routine and driving route.

2. He hired scam artists to throw themselves in front of her car and try to blackmail her.

Even if they didn't get it wrong and wind up in the desert with Tuco, he was putting one of those kids in serious danger. Sure they are practiced at taking a fall, but you get hit by a car and you can wind up seriously hurt or killed quite easily.

I like Jimmy and I'm not mad at him for this of course, but the idea that he's just "a good guy", or that he in any way is doing what he "needs to do" at this point is pure BS.

The other point is that Jimmy really isn't as "desperate" as some here are making him out to be. Sure, the show is playing it up a bit with the closet sized room in the nail salon and the junker car, but Jimmy could be making ends meet just fine as a Public Defender if he wanted to. There are plenty of people who do that for a living. He's not falling behind in his bills. He's not in danger of being thrown out on the street. He's just not the rich, fancy-pants, lawyer that he wants to be. That's not need. Certainly not the type of need that should result in somebody turning to illegal, deceptive and underhanded practices.

Well said. Thank you!

• Love 1

I'm wondering exactly what Chuck thought his end game was with this case. He was clearly expecting to be working on it for the long haul. Was he going to make the entire building go offline for hours at a time while he worked there? Was Jimmy supposed to hang around after being rejected like that, and continue to chauffeur him back and forth from the office, bring in more of his suits to be lined with space blankets, carry his boxes of documents, be the mail boy again while his brother worked on HIS case? Jimmy's pretty much integral to Chuck's ability to survive, let alone function outside his home — what would make Chuck assume he'd be willing to go above and beyond to help Chuck try HIS case? What did he think was stopping Jimmy from taking the case to another firm who'd have been willing to hire him on?

My thought on this is that Chuck thinks so little of Jimmy that he was sure he would just go for what was offered, take the money and run.  He was probably emboldened by the fact that he thought his own version of exposure therapy was working.  He certainly did not anticipate that Jimmy would discover his backstabbing.  What kills me is him coming down the stairs whistling the next morning.  He just did not give a rat's ass about how Jimmy was treated or what he might be feeling.

I am beginning to think there might be more backstory we don't know yet about Chuck's previous behavior.  He has a serious lack of empathy and fairness.  His treatment of his brother who takes care of him, speaks volumes to me about his character.  He might have a bit of dirty dealing in his past.  His proclamation about the the purity of the law, well, it just kind of reminds me of those evangelical preachers who belch fire about gays or adultery and are secretly consorting with other men or prostitutes. I might be making too big a leap here, but something is not right about Chuck.  Not trying to victim-blame, he is mentally ill, but something else may be at play.

• Love 9
Yes, I never forget that the first time I met Saul, his recommendation was to have Badger killed.

Awww now, he just recommended sending Badger to Belize, right?  ; )

• Love 1

Howard Hamlin shot Chuck a withering look at the end of their scene. He's clearly had just about enough of the long con Chuck's been playing on Jimmy. We (the audience) have no idea what Hamlin said to Kim behind closed doors—but it convinced her that accepting the deal was Jimmy's best chance at happiness.

I assume staying on Team Chuck is in Howard's best interests financially. Who's the other Hamlin in HHM? What if it's not Howard's father, but his brother?

• Love 1
We (the audience) have no idea what Hamlin said to Kim behind closed doors—but it convinced her that accepting the deal was Jimmy's best chance at happiness.

I think it's pretty obvious that Hamlin told Kim that Chuck has been behind the black balling and using of Jimmy all along.  He pretty much telegraphed it with "THE PARTNERS" and then "close the door" and her later actions/mood at Jimmy's.

I am beginning to think there might be more backstory we don't know yet about Chuck's previous behavior.  He has a serious lack of empathy and fairness.  His treatment of his brother who takes care of him, speaks volumes to me about his character.  He might have a bit of dirty dealing in his past.  His proclamation about the the purity of the law, well, it just kind of reminds me of those evangelical preachers who belch fire about gays or adultery and are secretly consorting with other men or prostitutes. I might be making too big a leap here, but something is not right about Chuck.  Not trying to victim-blame, he is mentally ill, but something else may be at play.

I agree, that's why I posted the long "example" of different mothers, and resentment of Jimmy from the moment he was born.  Chuck is not a good person. 

Which takes us full circle back to Mike, and his "good and bad." 

• Love 1

I think it's pretty obvious that Hamlin told Kim that Chuck has been behind the black balling and using of Jimmy all along. He pretty much telegraphed it with "THE PARTNERS" and then "close the door" and her later actions/mood at Jimmy's.

I've learned to never, ever assume anything with this show.

• Love 3

I liked this episode.

Mike has an interesting way of saying things.  I definitely agreed with him about the criminal talk.

Nacho's repeatedly going behind Tucco's back is going to get him killed sooner rather then later.

As messed up as it was, I can see where Chuck is coming from in terms of  not wanting his brother to work with him. It's based on the fear that his brother who has spent most of his life being a goofball, will someday surpass him at his own firm. I can see why he wants Jimmy nowhere near him.  At the same time, I think Chuck screwed up, big time. Without Jimmy around to protect him, I have a feeling that he's going to get quickly ran out of that law firm.

It's going to be heartbreaking when Kim actually backstabs Saul. Not a spoiler, just a feeling I have.

• Love 2

It's going to be heartbreaking when Kim actually backstabs Saul. Not a spoiler, just a feeling I have.

Just because Saul Goodman never talked about Kim doesn't mean they weren't together. After all, we never hear about Howard Hamlin's wife.

Speaking of which, I can't wait to learn more about Matty's mom.

Chuck had every right to not want to work with Jimmy.  That's fine.

What will never be fine is the ways he did it.  He lost all of the moral and ethical "high ground" he claims over Jimmy by his actions.  He's just as sleazy on his high sanctimonious, hypocritical horse as Saul Goodman will ever be.  Actually, more sleazy, because at least Jimmy/Saul are honest about what they do and why.

• Love 6