Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Chapter 29

If all politics were decided over a game of beer pong what a world we would live in.

I was kinda hoping that Claire and Catherine would end up having sexytime together.  Have we had any sexy time this season?  

The adversaries are in a different league so they aren't so easily manipulated but it means Frank and Claire are going to have to play at a different level but it is good to see they are getting on the same page.   Dealing with another Sociopath must have been interesting for Frank.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Only sexy times so far was Doug & the hooker, then Claire climbing on top of Frank on the floor of his office.  Not terribly erotic thus far.  *LOL*

Maybe Doug is syringing the bourbon so it will bypass his taste buds, and cut down on the taste craving.  Dunno, that's all I've got.   His accident didn't seem to damage much in his brain, as he's still thinking several steps ahead of most others.  I don't like him, but he's a pretty fascinating character.

I'm liking Jayne Atkinson's Catherine character.  Very similar to her character Karen in "24".  Always the calm, possessed and measured actions and reactions. 

• Love 1

My new favorite episode - from the casting of Larks Mikkelson (Sherlock slime monster Charles Magnussen) as Victor Petrov to Pussy Riot.  EB, to each his own - I think the theme for this show is one of the best on TV.  

• Love 3

My new favorite episode - from the casting of Larks Mikkelson (Sherlock slime monster Charles Magnussen) as Victor Petrov to Pussy Riot. EB, to each his own - I think the theme for this show is one of the best on TV.

Ah, Sherlock S3, that's who he is! Heplays a fantastic Faux Putin (I'm only through ep. 6 at this point).

I don't dislike the theme, but I do dislike that here we are in 2015 the Netflix UI is still so hard to FF/REW, and that you can't skip the opening theme in a single button. It does it automatically except when there's a cold open... which is probably half the time.

Man, that's the very definition of a first world problem, isn't it? :)

• Love 5

Wow. Viktor really pushed both Frank's and Claire's buttons. He's a total boor, and he behaved deplorably for a Head of State, let alone a human being. His toasts at the State Dinner, his dancing with and then kissing Claire was a total affront to the attendees and the American people. Through all of that though, all I could do was to watch Frank seethe beneath the surface. Has Frank finally met his match?

• Love 2

Wow. Viktor really pushed both Frank's and Claire's buttons. He's a total boor, and he behaved deplorably for a Head of State, let alone a human being.

I bet that's the way Putin really is in private.

• Love 5

Hey guys,

If anyone is interested in this type of thing, Robin/Claire wore a lovely silver Ralph Lauren gown from the Fall 2014 collection.  Picture is from Style.com.

ARC0861_1366x2048.jpg

That dress was stunning and Robin wore it beautifully. I did wonder though, if this dress would be deemed too risque for a 1st Lady. It was backless after all. 

He'll always be Troels from Forbrydelsen to me.

I don't find Lars technically attractive, but he was so hot in that role to me. Same goes for Mads as Hannibal. Lars was utterly loathsome on Sherlock though. Hated that episode and hated him in it.

Viktor was a bore but his Claire shade was kinda flawless though. He invited the Prez and his first lady to his home and than said that Claire would love the area because it was full of artists and she would probably find something she liked. Took me a minute to realize he wasn't actually talking about etchings. LOL!

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm an American citizen, but born and raised in England (dad's American, and he brought us back here). I've never felt that strongly about the White House, until the Russian put his cigarette or cigar out on that door. Ugh! Total disrespect. Not that Frank himself doesn't deserve it, but I was annoyed by the guy's passive-aggressively knocking down Claire in ways, and then kissing her in front of everyone. 

Edited by Anela

Viktor was a bore but his Claire shade was kinda flawless though. He invited the Prez and his first lady to his home and than said that Claire would love the area because it was full of artists and she would probably find something she liked. Took me a minute to realize he wasn't actually talking about etchings. LOL!

I thought Viktor was referring to Claire's affair with the photographer from a previous season. Another button pushed.

• Love 9

Only sexy times so far was Doug & the hooker, then Claire climbing on top of Frank on the floor of his office.  Not terribly erotic thus far.  *LOL*

Maybe Doug is syringing the bourbon so it will bypass his taste buds, and cut down on the taste craving.  Dunno, that's all I've got.   His accident didn't seem to damage much in his brain, as he's still thinking several steps ahead of most others.  I don't like him, but he's a pretty fascinating character.

Using the syringe allows him to cheat in a couple of ways.  Firstly, it creates the illusion that he has control over what he is doing - that it is carefully measured, clinical.  There's also the cheat of being able to lie to himself that he's not actually drinking it.  He never raises a glass to his lips, as it were.  

It's also utterly joyless, like just about everything we've seen of Doug's life so far this season.  

• Love 2

This was the best episode for me so far in season 3. Loved the President Petrov character, and how he took Frank and Claire down a notch or two. Pussy Riot was a riot as well (no pun intended). This episode seems like the turning point where Frank begins to listen more to Claire's advice regarding his foreign policies (i.e. he changes his plan to ally with Russia at the end) so I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season, Claire either runs for President or Frank wins the re-election with the help of Claire. The Doug scenes were boring as usual. At this point he is just coming across as pathetic and desperate.

• Love 1

I have never liked the theme song for this show so I vote they replace it with the Pussy Riot video at the end of the episode.

Is it just me or is the theme song about three minutes too long?

I didn't like this episode at all, especially the way they shoehorned Frank's lounge act into the party.   Have we ever seen him sing like that before or was it something they threw in to remind us of Spacey's character in L.A. Law?

I still want to know where all the Arabic terrorists have vanished to.

Edited by millennium

This is the best episode so far, IMO. Good storyline, well played. The actor who played Petrov did a great job of portraying a supremely arrogant alpha male. I loved Frank's aside when he said he'd like to throw him down the stairs and set him on fire. Glad that he was angry on Claire's behalf, showing some unaccustomed human- ness. Petrov was just a boor.

That silver dress is my favorite costume for Claire so far. She looked stunning.

Edited by peggy06
  • Love 2

I think the show this year is demonstrating a lack of imagination. The fact that Petrov is so obviously Faux Putin...instead of creating a character, the show just traced over a template. This is not the House of Cards of Seasons One and Two that I loved.

In general so far, another key difference from past seasons is that in those seasons, I could ponder, "Wow, this is humorously and dramatically exaggerated, but I wonder if Washington really is like this?" This year, it's making me say, "Please, no Washington in anyone's dreams was anything like this."

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 1

Did anyone else think Viktor was going to demand a night with Claire as a condition for agreeing to some of Frank's proposals? Or is that upcoming? I kind of like Viktor--not as a person, obviously, but as a character. I like that Frank and Claire can't manipulate him. At this point I don't know if I'm rooting for Frank to salvage his presidency or not.

• Love 4

While I admire the zeal and anger that Frank displayed when saying he wanted to throw Vladimir Put-On down the stairs and light him on fire, I imagine the Premier would prove as unkillable as other legendary Russians (Rasputin, Boris the Blade, that guy on the Sopranos), and he would get up, still engulfed in flames, and break Frank over his knee, Bane style. And he would make Claire hold his jacket while he did it. 

• Love 1

Not to be a buzz kill but I am 45 years old, and I don't remember beer pong being cool when I was in college (nor at the other colleges I road tripped to). It was all about Quarters and Three Man. Beer pong didn't come onto the college drinking scene until about 10-15 years ago. I had a hard time believing Kathy was a queen of beer pong during her college years and that Claire was also known for her beer pong prowess at Harvard. 

• Love 3

I was wondering about that dress being a bit too much as well. I guess Michelle is about the hottest First Lady ever and she dresses pretty sexily from time to time, but even that dress would be way over the line by public standards. I am a few years younger than robin and I wish I could rock a dress like that.

I was thinking that maybe Viktor was going to ask Frank for some time with Claire. Goes to the whole pimping her out conversation.

• Love 2

Not to be a buzz kill but I am 45 years old, and I don't remember beer pong being cool when I was in college (nor at the other colleges I road tripped to). It was all about Quarters and Three Man. Beer pong didn't come onto the college drinking scene until about 10-15 years ago. I had a hard time believing Kathy was a queen of beer pong during her college years and that Claire was also known for her beer pong prowess at Harvard.

I am in my early 40s and I played in college. My brother is 3 years younger and he and his friends played a lot. Not sure when it started so it might stretch a little but not so much that it is ridiculous.

Three Man, wow, it's been so long.  I'm in my mid 40s myself and never attended a party in college where beer pong was played.