Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Fix It Therapy

• Start Topic

My personal observation on why Porsha is friends with NeNe is 1) she doesn't know she's sleeping with the Devil, and 2)she's scared not to.

I co-sign everything said about Phaedra and Porsha's conversation. It was downright mean. Good Christian women don't behave that way. What goes around, comes around, and If you are going to talk bad about someone, it will come back to get you. See NeNe as a good example. She stated she will never be friends with Kenya or Cynthia. OK, then why did you organize a sit-down with a therapist to heal all the relationships with the women? NeNe doesn't want healing. NeNe wants kneeling. She wants to regain her position as Queen Bee, she kept repeating how she's been there the longest. Is that really a pro in the columns of pro vs con?

No wonder Kim got the hell out of town when she did.

I can't stand when Kandi turns on the waterworks, but I actually felt sorry for her in Phaedra's office when Phaedra sat back like a cold bitch on a throne of superiority.

• Love 8

Freebie analysis: I think Nene is so very angry (see: hurt) at Cynthia because she exposed her as someone who couldn't get along with even the "nicest" person. Like, damn, if you can't even get along with CYNTHIA, a person who doesn't challenge you in the least, who can you get along with?? She hated that she was going to look like the bad guy in all of it and felt betrayed (not that she was, she earned everything that came her way.)  She started out giving her shade and shit when Cynthia refused to carry her grudge with Kenya, but it really came to a head when their friendship "broke."

As someone who's been accused of this very thing, I have to respond to this.  I don't think it has a bit to do with Cynthia being the nice, likable, least challenging one....as we see now, Cynthia is not any of those things.  It's more of the fact that Cynthia was too much of a child to actually TELL Nene when she was having issues.  She blew it off, explained it away or generally ignored Nene's behavior....so Nene was never under the impression Cynthia had any issues with her.  Cynthia likes to position that now as Nene would never hear her....Cynthia, the woman who's spent the entire season spouting off about how to be a friend.  She should have figured out how to sit down and tell Nene there were problems.  Instead she went to talk to tabloids and pointed a finger "SEE!?!?  Look at what she did to me!??!?!"  *moans* *wails*  "I'm such a victim in all of this!"

When Nene did something Cynthia considered to cross the line....and suddenly EVERYTHING Nene ever did that she had a problem with came out.  Things Cynthia never spoke up about, never said "Hey, could you tone it down?", never said BOO about it.....NOW it's a problem.  That's bullshit.  And AFAIC if Cynthia didn't speak up about it when it happened, then she can sit down about it now.  

To me, people like that are people to steer clear of.  Cynthia is not nice or likable, she's a fake stealth bitch who keeps a list of shit in her head so she can throw it at you later after you've done something she considers so egregious that gives her justification to tell every unflattering thing about you she's ever known to anyone who will listen.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 10

It's Phaedra's firm

Yes.  And I will add that I don't think her clientele (e.g., Bobby Brown and the guy who paid her with cash from his glove box) would be offended by that blouse.

Whenever one of these ladies invites another to lunch, production should play the theme song from Jaws.  That's the only thing that would make this show better. Because this shit is getting old.

• Love 1

CaughtonTape, I cannot agree with you more.  Cynthia, if you really look at what she has been doing all along is being stealthily bitchy and then clutching her pearls when things jump off.  The talls/smalls mess came about when she made a point of accepting an invitation to a party Sheree was throwing on one of their trips (I believe Africa) where she was the only "Tall" invited which made Marlo feel somekindaway and her penchant for telling everything she thinks she hears to anyone she can.  When Kenya came on board, and even though they got of to a nasty start (and even though Nene supported her position), Cynthia saw Kenya as the new HBIC and decided then to jump ship and become Kenya's secret BFf.  No one actually knew she was even close to Kenya as she made it a point not to let them know she was friends. 

I always felt she was never really there for Nene.  It was more like a stealth cartoon villian who cozies up to their adversary to gain their trust before slamming them.  I also feel Nene did a lot of stuff for Cynthia and Peter which is why Nene is so angry with Cynthia for the betrayal.  I don't think this has very much to do with Bitch-gate as it does with Nene realizing she never had a friend in Cynthia.  Pretty much why Nene doesn't trust anyone in the group and will never get that close to any of them again.

• Love 4

My personal observation on why Porsha is friends with NeNe is 1) she doesn't know she's sleeping with the Devil, and 2)she's scared not to.

I co-sign everything said about Phaedra and Porsha's conversation. It was downright mean. Good Christian women don't behave that way. What goes around, comes around, and If you are going to talk bad about someone, it will come back to get you. See NeNe as a good example. She stated she will never be friends with Kenya or Cynthia. OK, then why did you organize a sit-down with a therapist to heal all the relationships with the women? NeNe doesn't want healing. NeNe wants kneeling. She wants to regain her position as Queen Bee, she kept repeating how she's been there the longest. Is that really a pro in the columns of pro vs con?

No wonder Kim got the hell out of town when she did.

I can't stand when Kandi turns on the waterworks, but I actually felt sorry for her in Phaedra's office when Phaedra sat back like a cold bitch on a throne of superiority.

It was clear to me that Phaedra thought those were crocodile tears, to make Phaedra feel bad for telling people she was a shitty friend. This caterer pulled me to the side and did that same shit to me when he finally arrived after 5 hours. It's a way of changing the focus and gaining sympathy all without admitting your fault.

And why would Kandi have been going to tell people they don't have jobs after 7pm? Sounds like a lie.

• Love 4

It was clear to me that Phaedra thought those were crocodile tears, to make Phaedra feel bad for telling people she was a shitty friend. This caterer pulled me to the side and did that same shit to me when he finally arrived after 5 hours. It's a way of changing the focus and gaining sympathy all without admitting your fault.

And why would Kandi have been going to tell people they don't have jobs after 7pm? Sounds like a lie.

That was the very impression I got from Kandi.  every time something doesn't go her way, she cries in order to make the person she's crying to , feel sympathy and guilt for making her cry.  She turns those tears on at will and just about everytime she feels she isn't winning the argument.  She does it all the time with Todd who appears to be just over it and she does it to the other housewives when she feels cornered.  It is an act of control.

• Love 2

I think Nene's smart with her timing and makes sure to call/text people and offer advice when they're in low moments to secure their friendship, or at least an allegiance.  It's the same thing with Phaedra, imho.  I'd like to think it's sincere, but in that scene when she went to Phaedra's house...I didn't get the sense either one really cared about the other, it was just a scene in a tv show.

Weren't they going on tour, which would require clearing a calendar to travel for awhile with a show?  I don't know if Kandi's tears were fake or not, but I think it was really kind of a big deal to cancel on everyone.

To me, people like that are people to steer clear of.  Cynthia is not nice or likable, she's a fake stealth bitch who keeps a list of shit in her head so she can throw it at you later after you've done something she considers so egregious that gives her justification to tell every unflattering thing about you she's ever known to anyone who will listen.

I don't read all the blogs so I may have just missed it, but I don't see this at all.  From where I sit Cynthia has literally one thing she pulls out- the bitch comment- and that's actually part of the problem because it seems like she's dwelling on that issue despite apologies already being issued and accepted.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan- I thought she was much more entertaining as the shit-stirrer, passing info around the group.  I just don't see this laundry list of wrongdoings she's wielding against Nene now that they aren't friends.

• Love 2

Weren't they going on tour, which would require clearing a calendar to travel for awhile with a show?  I don't know if Kandi's tears were fake or not, but I think it was really kind of a big deal to cancel on everyone.

Oh I don't deny she had to let them know. I'm just questioning the veracity of Kandi's claim that she had to do it THAT NIGHT. Had things gone correctly who knows how long they would have been at Fogo. I'm supposed to believe Kandi would have left from the dinner she planned to go fire her tour staff? Nah.

• Love 2

CaughtOnTape I absolutely agree with your assessment. I am not drinking the "everything is always NeNe's fault" koolaide. Cynthia let her bitch ass husband gas her up about "bitch-gate" after the episodes aired last season and I think NeNe was truly blindsided by Cynthia at the reunion. I truly believe that NeNe was incredibly hurt when Cynthia started to distance herself  and her and Peter started their victim routine all over the internet and in every tabloid. Cynthia knows how NeNe rolls, so I don't understand how she expected NeNe NOT to go all scorched earth, especially after both Cynthia and Peter appeared to accept NeNe and Greg's apology at that dinner and they continued to hang out after that. Andy asked her a question on that WWHL episode and she give her honest opinion (an opinion that I totally agreed with). Why is it everybody else (Kenya especially) can go in on NeNe on WWHL, the internet and the tabloids and but expect NeNe to stay silent? 

Anyway, about the episode. 

If Team Petty can go around for two episodes talking about an unsubstantiated rumor about Phaedra cheating on Appollo, I am not going to clutch my pearls when Porsha and Phaedra do the same. Cynthia keke'ed with the rest of her crew every time Kenya had something nasty to say about Phaedra, so whatevs! Even Christians have their limits.

Kandi can miss me with that all that crying and teeth clenching with Phaedra in her office. Phaedra has a right to feel the way she feels about the way Kandi did or didn't reach out to her during the mess with Appollo. I think Kandi is more burned up about Phaedra and  NeNe becoming closer than she is about anything else. 

Claudia and her comedy...just no.......

The therapy session.... I can see why NeNe felt like she was being attacked, but I think she should have stayed and not given Team Petty any reason to point there accusing fingers and say SEE...I told you so.  I hope Dr. Jeff is able to convince her to come back to the therapy session and I also hope he can re-direct the session to the "group" dynamic, and not just continue with the "how NeNe done me wrong" bitch fest.

• Love 8

My problem with Kandi is in her situation, she is creating most of her problems. 

1.  The tour failed because she didn't check to see if the person hired would be able to do the job nor that her own staff was doing theirs.  She didn't let the castmembers of her play know what was happening because she didn't take the time to find out herself. 

2.  Her marriage is in trouble because she refuses to set bounderies with her family and employees and her husband.  She doesn't give him the respect of a husband and treats him like another employee.

She also uses control to get people to do what she wants.  Even though she claims that money isn't important, that is the first thing she harps on when she is arguing with Todd. I also believe she doesn't want Todd to go on jobs because if he has his own money, what would she use to control him with.

• Love 12

Oh I don't deny she had to let them know. I'm just questioning the veracity of Kandi's claim that she had to do it THAT NIGHT. Had things gone correctly who knows how long they would have been at Fogo. I'm supposed to believe Kandi would have left from the dinner she planned to go fire her tour staff? Nah.

See...this is why I shouldn't try to read before my brain wakes up.  I totally misread your comment- my bad.  I hope that we can move forward (yay- I get to use that catchphrase!).

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 1

Nene sitting her ass in the chair right next to Dr Jeff was the biggest tell. She really sat there and said to herself "Yes Jeff, let's fix these ladies and get back to fun-ness"

I'm ready to give Kandi a bit of a pass on not being there for Phaedra. Phaedra likes to keep that bullshit smile on her face and speak in platitudes when folks try to connect with her. If you wanna act as if everything is everything and all is well, I'm going to treat you as if all is well. Sip on your mint juleps, fan yourself and be well. I can't imagine Phaedra is any different off camera and that's cool. If you want to keep your business private, fine but don't look for people to be mind readers and know when you need extra attention.

And if Phaedra did have a problem with Kandi's lack of phone calls during her tie of need, why would she take that complaint to the one person Kandi doesn't even pretend to gel with? Maybe Kandi should have dropped the"Head Doctor" as a reminder.

See Phaedra reminds me of Teresa on NJ. Never gonna let you see her sweat and even though Kandi is her close friend for real I think she's the Dina type. I will rock this façade with you and for however long. You see what happen to Jacqueline when she tried to get all "what's really happening Teresa?" Now I get that Teresa was so damn paranoid that she was just treating Jac like she was just trying to be nosy or whatever but I honestly think Jac was sincere in that teenage, dramatic, immature way. I also think that Kandi being the punk that she is about having conflict with those close to her kept her from getting to involved because A) She didn't want to upset Phaedra's front and stiff upper lip approach and B) Kandi didn't truly approve of Phadrea's lack of support for her man and C)Couldn't honestly get on board with Phaedra not letting Apollo see his kids. I think Kandi was going through too much in her own life to risk having to deal with Phaedra being upset with her because of Kandi's disapproval over the way Phaedra was treating some parts of her dilemma.

• Love 3

Yep, I am right there as well.  The shows have morphed so much through the seasons, it's not entertaining or enjoyable at all to me any longer.  I have this thing, where once I start something, I need to finish it, so I will most likely finish this season, but then be done, ESPECIALLY if Nene is in the cast again next season.   

But it's difficult to accept an apology with the intent to move on when afterwards you see the person apologizing at a future time going over the situation in a non apologetic way with someone else kikiing and all that then I for one feel a certain kind of way about it all over again. That's the dynamic of these shows. As apologies happen the intent may be to move on but when you see just how disrespectful and joked about and intense the feelings of ill will were BEHIND THE SCENES that apology doesn't cover all that disrespect. Peter was outside telling his wife why he was ready to leave after SHE asked him. Nene overheard them speaking and noticed the mood and carried her ass over to get an answer to what was the problem. Peter expressed himself rather clearly and respectfully and actually mention that it's because he's so cool with her that he didn't want to see her behave that way. So how was he inserting himself in womens business. He was annoyed with how she treated the charity and how she represented herself. He wasn't stomping around acting cray cray. It was actually a pretty reasonable reaction to her bullshit anyway. But because Nene doesn't like anyone calling her on her very obvious bullshit she turned it around on Peter.

I think Cynthia's issue isn't just about Peter that was just the personal example she could use but I think it all has to do with seeing Nene for what she really is what she really is about and how quick she is to be meanspirited and illwilled at the drop of a hat. Even to someone that is a very close friend. She's still not figuring out how to voice all that well but I get what the point is. Nene want to act like no one is ever supposed to speak up or challenge anything she says which is why no she fucking chimes in EVERY time Nene speaks which I have to say does get annoying.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 7

But it's difficult to accept an apology with the intent to move on when afterwards you see the person apologizing at a future time going over the situation in a non apologetic way with someone else kikiing and all that then I for one feel a certain kind of way about it all over again. That's the dynamic of these shows. As apologies happen the intent may be to move on but when you see just how disrespectful and joked about and intense the feelings of ill will were BEHIND THE SCENES that apology doesn't cover all that disrespect. Peter was outside telling his wife why he was ready to leave after SHE asked him. Nene overheard them speaking and noticed the mood and carried her ass over to get an answer to what was the problem. Peter expressed himself rather clearly and respectfully and actually mention that it's because he's so cool with her that he didn't want to see her behave that way. So how was he inserting himself in womens business. He was annoyed with how she treated the charity and how she represented herself. He wasn't stomping around acting cray cray. It was actually a pretty reasonable reaction to her bullshit anyway. But because Nene doesn't like anyone calling her on her very obvious bullshit she turned it around on Peter.

I think Cynthia's issue isn't just about Peter that was just the personal example she could use but I think it all has to do with seeing Nene for what she really is what she really is about and how quick she is to be meanspirited and illwilled at the drop of a hat. Even to someone that is a very close friend. She's still not figuring out how to voice all that well but I get what the point is. Nene want to act like no one is ever supposed to speak up or challenge anything she says which is why no she fucking chimes in EVERY time Nene speaks which I have to say does get annoying.

x 1000 and dipped in gold is why it's not as simple as:  Nene apologized, they accepted it, now drop it.   Paired with what someone upthread articulated about how these women can see and hear each other's thought bubbles which none of us are privy to about our friends in real life.   I think they were fine to move on then saw Nene's real feelings come to the surface and watched her be dismissive and justifying and Cynthia was like fuck it.  Then Nene responds to Cynthia's aloofness by chiding her for having the gall to be reactive in the present to something that happened months before.  When it's not even about the bitch comment any longer, but her inability to be genuinely accountable for anything ever.   She watched herself be shitty on screen just like we did, she could've said Cynthia look I know we made peace and I've just seen myself on the show and I'm not proud of it.  I'm sorry.   The first time I've ever seen her own anything was at dinner when she told the other women all of us haven't been acting grown.  I guess she's fine as long as she's not the only one on the hook.

• Love 8

The thing is, unless they fire everybody and recast the show, with Nene gone, there is no show.

Several people have expressed this, but I'm at a loss for what Nene really brings to the show. What's her story line this season? How about last season? The only thing she does is inject herself into other people's story line so that she stays relevant. Oh, and she's occasionally funny.  

• Love 5

I cannot with the Nene is so misunderstood. She's the absolute worst. She's the meanest mean girl that ever meaned. She's vicious with almost no provocation. The answer to that cannot be 'Well they know how she is, leave her alone." Fuck Nene's fee-fees. Other people have them too, which she cannot ever be bothered with so why should anyone with her?

Snarkitty, how did I miss your post?  This is one of the most accurate posts that ever posted. 

• Love 2

Several people have expressed this, but I'm at a loss for what Nene really brings to the show.

Maybe it's all the excitement of seeing Gregg drink out of his nasty mug. Or teaching their son to drive. Or her being an ass at one of her stunt casting jobs while the people who really work slap her back into her place.

Yeah, I got nuttin'.

Laprin: thank you! I can't believe Nene called Cynthia a mean girl with a straight face. Some bad choices (and execution) in trying to carry a tale? definitely. But mean? Just, nasty, bitchy, relentless comments about people for no good reason? Nah, Nene owns that street, and Phaedra and Porsha are renting acres on that block.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 7

My problem with Kandi is in her situation, she is creating most of her problems. 

1.  The tour failed because she didn't check to see if the person hired would be able to do the job nor that her own staff was doing theirs.  She didn't let the castmembers of her play know what was happening because she didn't take the time to find out herself. 

2.  Her marriage is in trouble because she refuses to set bounderies with her family and employees and her husband.  She doesn't give him the respect of a husband and treats him like another employee.

She also uses control to get people to do what she wants.  Even though she claims that money isn't important, that is the first thing she harps on when she is arguing with Todd. I also believe she doesn't want Todd to go on jobs because if he has his own money, what would she use to control him with.

I am seriously amazed that Kandi is as successful as she is.  I mean, she seems, well, like an idiot.  She seems so incapable of putting together a coherent sentence and is extremely immature.  

• Love 5

Kandi and Todd were in that play 50/50, I think, and she seems more upset about it than he is. If I'd given my money to my spouse and expected that she'd be overseeing everything and making sure it was all under control..... I'd be pissed. Maybe that's why the counseling session in this episode was of no interest. Why go to a counselor about your sex life when your other issues are a lot more pressing?

Porsha is NeNe's neighbor, correct? Which I never understood, if I were young and single I'd be downtown where it's at.

Porsha moved out there because the condo in town was twice as expensive as renting the house in the burbs. The other reason she stated was that she just wanted to be away from the madness and needed the solitude after her divorce.

Excellent point regarding Peter, but the fact that Phadrea shaded Cynthia for an illness she had no control of speaks volumes to who she is.

It's not the first time, either. Refer to Exhibit A, "scrambled eggs". Phaedra has some screwed up ideas about self-worth and the female reproductive system. Perhaps it's projection, being that it takes Ms. Parks 18 months to gestate a baby.

• Love 6

When Claudia initially confronted Nene about why she blew Claudia off at their initial introduction, Nene told her it was because Claudia hangs out with people Nene doesn't like. Namely Kenya. Portia has basically said the same thing to Claudia. Claudia just WILL NOT LET IT GO!!! She seems to think everyone has to like her no matter what. Is it a little immature to not want to be friends with her because of the company she keeps. Some people may think so but I don't. If I have someone I'm having major problems with I'm definitely not going to trust or be around their bff or anyone else in their posse. Claudia needs to realize that people have a right to not like her. Get over it!

Here is where I have issue with Nene. This season wasn't her first time meeting Claudia. They had done some various events together and iirc Nene had called on Claudia to be the replacement celebrity at an event that Charles Grant (nene's alleged affair) was going to be at. From what was said they had always been cool with one another and that is why Claudia was so confused and angry about nene's attitude.

It is the same thing with Kenya. Nene keeps denying that they were ever friends. Sure they might not be besties but didn't Nene borrow some furniture from Kenya in LA? That's friendly to me.

It just seems that Nene want everything on her terms and according to her narrative. Personally I wouldn't want a friend like that.

• Love 7

Here is where I have issue with Nene. This season wasn't her first time meeting Claudia. They had done some various events together and iirc Nene had called on Claudia to be the replacement celebrity at an event that Charles Grant (nene's alleged affair) was going to be at. From what was said they had always been cool with one another and that is why Claudia was so confused and angry about nene's attitude.

It is the same thing with Kenya. Nene keeps denying that they were ever friends. Sure they might not be besties but didn't Nene borrow some furniture from Kenya in LA? That's friendly to me.

It just seems that Nene want everything on her terms and according to her narrative. Personally I wouldn't want a friend like that.

So happy someone brought up the furniture. It was the 1st thing I thought of when Nene kept stating they were never friends. We saw plenty of clips in the past with just Nene and Kenya doing things with each other laughing and having a good time. Nene's problem is she doesn't know that there are different levels to friendships.

• Love 2

I don't think Kandi's tears were fake.  I think she has difficulty with her emotions.  I think she loves Todd, but she does not know how to manage her relationship with her mother.  In her mind, Todd knows who she is and married her warts and all.  Unfortunately, he does not see it that way.  How do you create an environment for relationship success when you don't know what that looks like?

Kandi is controlling, but I don't think she is mean spirited and malicious.  There is a lot of power being the bread winner, but it also means that you are responsible for holding everything together.

Phaedra is a terrible friend.  Kandi has been right there when Phaedra needed her.  In contrast, Phaedra turned to her ride or die friend Nene to talk shit about Kandi because Kandi was not begging Phaedra to open up about her problems.

Porsha is NeNe's neighbor, correct? Which I never understood, if I were young and single I'd be downtown where it's at.

I would be in the thick of things too.  It may cost more to live closer to town, but surely her commute is eating away any savings she realized by leaving out in the burbs.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 1

On a shallow note, I am TOTALLY into Nene's army jacket type shirt! Where can I get it? Anyone recognize it? I would not have paired it with the fatigue green pants, but it would look cute with jeans or something.

Actually that is a "military inspired" silk jumpsuit. I think the problem with NeNe's is, it was too tight. Jumpsuits are really in, (not sure if they were ever totally out). Just as any "bringing back in style", fashion people try to modernize it, so jumpsuits are made in that skinny look, which mean they are cut smaller. And jumpsuits  like a lot of other clothing can not/should not  be worn by everyone.  As for where you can get one, my sister brought hers at Lord&Taylor, though I'm sure NeNe, being the rich bitch she is paid a ridiculous price at some high end boutique.

• Love 3

All I got from this therapy session is that Kandi brought a plate of food, and her reaction shots were pretty humorous to me.

I think Kandi was the first one there, the therapist offered her candy, she said I don't eat candy, he then said there is some food,she said I have some of that. I suspect Kandi came out after working etc. and was just hungry. I know i've gone places on an invite, after work, church and I get highly pissed if there is no food. 

• Love 1

I am seriously amazed that Kandi is as successful as she is.  I mean, she seems, well, like an idiot.  She seems so incapable of putting together a coherent sentence and is extremely immature.  

Agreed. To be honest I think her money truly comes from her original success and how she managed THAT money. Not hard to acquire a good sized annual income if her initial windfall was invested smartly and from what we heard about her it seems that she kept her wits about her money while she was earning the big bucks and has been managing it well ever since. I'm guessing that she really doesn't need these projects or "businesses" to survive and can cover any financial losses with her true source of income.

• Love 3

I have to wonder what was in Kandi's brain that told her "Go ahead....put your marriage problems on display on a reality show.... go on......and while you're at it, make your husband go to couples counseling on national TV......go on......you know you want to."

Did she seriously think that was a good storyline for her this season? Add in the Sharon-margarita-reataurant-rolling eyes segment, buying her mother a second house.... can the woman be that dense?

• Love 5

I have to wonder what was in Kandi's brain that told her "Go ahead....put your marriage problems on display on a reality show.... go on......and while you're at it, make your husband go to couples counseling on national TV......go on......you know you want to."

Did she seriously think that was a good storyline for her this season? Add in the Sharon-margarita-reataurant-rolling eyes segment, buying her mother a second house.... can the woman be that dense?

I wonder if Todd's mom passed during filming? Either way, to see how on the rocks their marriage was before she passed and for him to see certain things play out and how his wife mishandled that with MJ plus all the disregard in the comments made. Boooyyyyy, that couldn't have helped their marriage. I wonder how things are now.

I think Kandi was the first one there, the therapist offered her candy, she said I don't eat candy, he then said there is some food,she said I have some of that.

Didn't he offer Kandi some fruit and veggies?

I must have missed the gals gossiping about Peter fooling around.

I must have missed the gals gossiping about Peter fooling around.

They didn't come right out and SAY he was fooling around, but Porsha said "I know some Peter dirt!" and Phaedra agreed that they both had dirt on Peter. I would love to have seen his reaction when that tidbit was aired.

Right.  I think (in part based on personal experience) Cynthia ignored a lot of stuff that we all saw about Nene, when they were friends.  She took Nene's side, she believed Nene's side.  Then suddenly, out of (to her) nowhere, she's the one attacked.  And I agree, Peter is no angel and I don't particularly like him, but he was completely on point and direct/polite about his criticism of Nene's behavior at the benefit.  So you (Cynthia/me) then start to think back over the times when you believed your friend, took your friend's side, and you start to question the behavior in ways you didn't before.

I had a friendship that blew up last year over something even more stupid and small than that happened between Cynthia and Nene.  We haven't spoken since.  Of course, though I now have a pretty long list of things that I question about my former friend, I'm not talking to/at her about them. :-))  But then again, we're not on a reality show.

• Love 1

I wonder if Todd's mom passed during filming? Either way, to see how on the rocks their marriage was before she passed and for him to see certain things play out and how his wife mishandled that with MJ plus all the disregard in the comments made. Boooyyyyy, that couldn't have helped their marriage. I wonder how things are now.

I'm guessing it will be one extreme or the other:  either his mother's passing will serve as a painful reminder oh how poorly Kandi and MJ treater her or it will make him want to hold onto her just to have stability?

According to Wetpaint, Although Phaedra still considers Kandi a good friend and have no ill feelings towards her regarding kandi's lack of support, Kandi is now ignoring and avoiding Phaedra.  Phaedra stated she has tried to call and talk with Kandi but she won't answer or call her back.  I guess the strain is still there.

I co-sign everything said about Phaedra and Porsha's conversation. It was downright mean. Good Christian women don't behave that way. What goes around, comes around, and If you are going to talk bad about someone, it will come back to get you. See NeNe as a good example. She stated she will never be friends with Kenya or Cynthia. OK, then why did you organize a sit-down with a therapist to heal all the relationships with the women? NeNe doesn't want healing. NeNe wants kneeling. 

Reverend Cooks Jackson is in the house this morning. Preach, sister.

• Love 4

Queen Bee Ne-Ne needs to take her own advice - if she throws things out there - she better be willing to take the consequences.
The tanking of Kandi's play vs Apollo going to prison - I don't like defending Phaedra, but I have to give her this one.
Claudia a stand-up comic?  That whole segment should have been left on the cutting room floor.

• Love 1
I co-sign everything said about Phaedra and Porsha's conversation. It was downright mean. Good Christian women don't behave that way. What goes around, comes around, and If you are going to talk bad about someone, it will come back to get you. See NeNe as a good example. She stated she will never be friends with Kenya or Cynthia. OK, then why did you organize a sit-down with a therapist to heal all the relationships with the women? NeNe doesn't want healing. NeNe wants kneeling.

See, now I don't really see it as mean.  They were simply saying that Cynthia should not have put unsubstantiated rumors out there about Phaedra when there are just as many rumors about her husband which they could also put out there.  However, they did not move that conversation pass Porsha's kitchen so they were not being mean at all.

As for Nene's intentions, per her blog, she was trying to get them to stop fighting each other.  They are attacking Porsha and Phaedra and after the rumor infused dinner, and the strained friendship between Kandi and Phaedra, she was trying to get them to dialog about that.  However, the three came with an agenda to go after Nene; even coming together as a coven of mean girls going in.  Nene in her blog admitted she should have stayed but was just too in her feeling to get to that point and felt it better to leave before everything escalated.

• Love 1

The Peter conversation might have been a little rude but what can he say about it, really? The man went on national television and told his wife (who had been ill, ffs) that he was preparing to go to another country to cheat on her. Is it really farfetched that there are bow rumors out there about him cheating?

• Love 2

Claudia a stand-up comic?  That whole segment should have been left on the cutting room floor.

That segment was meant as a joke, right? There is no way Claudia could have seriously considered making that her routine!

The Peter conversation might have been a little rude but what can he say about it, really? The man went on national television and told his wife (who had been ill, FFS) that he was preparing to go to another country to cheat on her. Is it really farfetched that there are bow rumors out there about him cheating?

Did he tell her that on this show? I thought he said that in an interview.

That segment was meant as a joke, right? There is no way Claudia could have seriously considered making that her routine!

Did he tell her that on this show? I thought he said that in an interview.

he also told her just before she went to the Dr.  He also tried to get a bachelor pad, sorry,  Man Cave (using her money, of course) so he could be alone downtown.  He got very angry when she questioned his intentions and refused to give him the money.  He actually told her he would get sex somewhere else if she kept gaining weight.  He didn't believe her when she told him she was diagnosed with fibroids and kept dogging her on the way to the dr's office.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 1

I don't want us to get into a big "did he or didn't he?" debate about Peter, but if you want to continue speculating about it, it might be a good idea to do it in Cynthia's thread.

I truly hope they don't drag that into this season.