Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Fix It Therapy

• Start Topic

As for Nene's intentions, per her blog, she was trying to get them to stop fighting each other.  They are attacking Porsha and Phaedra and after the rumor infused dinner, and the strained friendship between Kandi and Phaedra, she was trying to get them to dialog about that.  However, the three came with an agenda to go after Nene; even coming together as a coven of mean girls going in.  Nene in her blog admitted she should have stayed but was just too in her feeling to get to that point and felt it better to leave before everything escalated.

That's rich, considering Nene never takes the opportunity to talk through her issues with others.  She over talks everyone and tells them to be quiet and listen to what she has to say, but never does the same in return.  The whole thing would have been fine has she actually cleared out all her own baggage.  But since she didn't all that unresolved stuff with all the other ladies came out and smacked her in the face.

• Love 6

Is it weird that I had to go to NeNe's website to read her blog for this past episode? She posted on March 16th. Why isn't it on the Bravo site? She did break the fourth wall a little bit by saying that the therapy session was two hours late getting started and she had been sitting in her car most of that time waiting on the other ladies to arrive, but Bravo chose not to air or address any of that. If that is true, I can see why she started off the session a little irritated. Then when the "how NeNe done me wrong" session started, she decided it was best for her to leave versus saying something out of pocket. I get that it is easy to castigate NeNe and make her the instigator or common denominator for all the strife and division in this group. She is the loudest, she voices her opinion and doesn't hold back.....BUT, that certainly doesn't absolve any of the other ladies. They all have said things out of pocket and wrong at one point or another throughout the seasons, Kenya in particular, has been especially nasty. Cynthia and Kandi are throw the rock and hide their hands instigators and shit stirrers of the group. Kandi tries to pass herself off as "neutral" but she is really butt hurt over the supposedly budding relationship between NeNe and Phaedra, and it is primarily because she can't stand NeNe, not because she is so afraid NeNe is going to treat Phaedra the way she treated Cynthia. Claudia is pretty much a non-mother fuckin' factor and is trying to hold on to her peach by going after Porsha, who could care less about her and her shenanigans. I don't know...I am definitely not a NeNe apologist, please don't get me wrong. She is loud and wrong a lot of the time, but I just refuse to put the whole downward spiral in the group dynamics 100% on her shoulders.

Edited by imaflintstone
  • Love 3

That segment was meant as a joke, right? There is no way Claudia could have seriously considered making that her routine!

Did he tell her that on this show? I thought he said that in an interview.

Responding in Cyn's thread Edited by ridethemaverick

I am not giving Nene a pass for walking out of a therapy session she herself ask for but Dang!  Dr Jeff had absolutely NO control over the group as a whole.  It just was not correct procedure in any therapy session to allow an entire group to verbally attack one person.  In my training, the therapist should have nipped it in the bud.  Such a a session is only viable if it is an intervention which it wasn't.  Even then, the target of the intervention isn't verbally attacked as making one go on the defense will shut down the process.

This guy did not take that session seriously and I feel he knew it.  That was why he went after Nene like he did and even that was not good procedure if it is not an intervention.

Nene's thing about talking over somebody speaks volumes, her inability to listen and learn are glaring, Dr. Jeff lost control the minute she came in to the room.  I bet he knew it would be a pile on Nene session because he knows her personality...narcissistic and that is an understatement.  Nene does not want friends, she wants an audience.  She likes Porsha because she can control her, she likes Phaedra because it means more screen time, she does not like anyone that might push back, there is not a sincere bone in Nene's body. 

As much as Kandi needs to be on a couch I was surprised at how astute she was about the Dr. Jeff session. 

I am sure that Greg will "there, there" Nene when it's all over, after all she is his meal ticket.

What ever happened to Nene's grandchildren?  Did the novelty wear off for her?  There has been no home life dynamic for her this whole season.

• Love 5

Nene's thing about talking over somebody speaks volumes, her inability to listen and learn are glaring, Dr. Jeff lost control the minute she came in to the room.  I bet he knew it would be a pile on Nene session because he knows her personality...narcissistic and that is an understatement.  Nene does not want friends, she wants an audience.  She likes Porsha because she can control her, she likes Phaedra because it means more screen time, she does not like anyone that might push back, there is not a sincere bone in Nene's body. 

As much as Kandi needs to be on a couch I was surprised at how astute she was about the Dr. Jeff session. 

I am sure that Greg will "there, there" Nene when it's all over, after all she is his meal ticket.

What ever happened to Nene's grandchildren?  Did the novelty wear off for her?  There has been no home life dynamic for her this whole season.

Actually, she is always talking about her grandchildren.  Her grand daughter in particular since she hasn't gotten to see the other grandchild as yet but she has posted hundreds of pictures of her granddaughter.  As for her being loud and talking over folks, that is pretty much Nene in that respect.  As far as she is concerned, she has no real friends on the show that she would ever be close to but she has quite a few friends off the show.  She does not control Porsha and now that Porsha she made a niche for herself, she is no longer mothering Porsha like she did when Porsha was going through her divorce.  Nene doesn't need Phaedra to get airtime.  period.

• Love 1

NeNe's blog WAS on Bravo's site as I posted a link earlier, but I haven't looked back to see if it was removed.

I checked your link first and didn't see it, then when AgingGoth mentioned again, I went back to the Bravo site and still didn't see it, so that's when I went to her personal website. I hate the way they have changed the Bravoi site. It is horrible to navigate through.

They all want more screen time. I thought that was the purpose of being on a reality show. They all need a story line and they all end up latching onto some perceived slight by one or more of the other housewives or they "clique" up with who they feel is the current ""Queen Bee"  of the group (looking at you Cynthia) in order to keep that peach. NeNe isn't the only one. 

Edited by imaflintstone
  • Love 5

What did she say to him, something along the lines of he doesn't represent her and he doesn't know her like that? It was just so out of line and immature.

Then she talks about going after his license.  Because the session was not catered to her?  She is awful.

• Love 3

Then she talks about going after his license.  Because the session was not catered to her?  She is awful.

I would too considering he did not conduct a proper therapy session.  In a group therapy session the moderator should NEVER allow the group to pile up on one member.  The only time that is acceptable is during an intervention and even then the group should not be allowed to complain about the target member but to offer ways to correct the behavior.  This usually has to do with drug/alcohol abuse.

See, now I don't really see it as mean.  They were simply saying that Cynthia should not have put unsubstantiated rumors out there about Phaedra when there are just as many rumors about her husband which they could also put out there.  However, they did not move that conversation pass Porsha's kitchen so they were not being mean at all.

Aging Goth, you give these ladies (and I use the term very loosely) too much credit. They knew damn well whatever they said in that kitchen would be aired. The whole meeting was likely put together by the producers. These two tried to be slick by saying it outside of a group setting, but knowing that the effect would be the same once it aired. This way, they get to feign that their intention wasn't to do exactly what they did. It worked to the extent that you viewed them in a more positive light than is warranted.  Based on your posts, you're smart and insightful, so I find this all the more unnerving.  

• Love 4

Aging Goth, you give these ladies (and I use the term very loosely) too much credit. They knew damn well whatever they said in that kitchen would be aired. The whole meeting was likely put together by the producers. These two tried to be slick by saying it outside of a group setting, but knowing that the effect would be the same once it aired. This way, they get to feign that their intention wasn't to do exactly what they did. It worked to the extent that you viewed them in a more positive light than is warranted.  Based on your posts, you're smart and insightful, so I find this all the more unnerving.  

It is unnerving if you feel they are consciously aware of the cameras.  As most on these type of shows have stated, you kind of 'forget' the cameras are rolling and thus you say what you would in an intimate situation. They were saying it outside the group because unlike Cynthia, they didn't need to bring it "out on the table" per se so all the cast members can voice their opinions.  They also alluded to the fact that they have seen and heard things and could put out there but didn't.  It was an honest reaction, especially for Phaedra who was blindsided by Cynthia throwing a rumor for Kenya to attack her with and for Porsha who was basically dogged at a restaurant (Cynthia's apparent favorite place for attacks).  The difference is that the rumors were already out there and Peter himself made threats that he would cheat on Cynthia and probably has as he was also running with Apollo to various strip clubs.  What Cynthia put out there had no basis in reality at all and was straight hearsay twice removed.  Hence they were talking among  themselves and Cynthia blasted her tea to the entire cast, including the newbies.

• Love 2

Actually, I know for a fact they do retakes if something didn't go right in a scene. So, I'm pretty sure they are very aware of the cameras and what the topic of conversation is supposed to be about that day.

Back to the topic of the episode, sorry for the jumpoff.

• Love 3

I am seriously amazed that Kandi is as successful as she is. I mean, she seems, well, like an idiot. She seems so incapable of putting together a coherent sentence and is extremely immature.

I've always thought Kandi is dumb. I assume early in her career she had good managers and somebody looking after her money.

• Love 4

I felt like the therapy session went waayyy off the reservation right out of the gate.  I also think NeNe running off and threatening Dr. Jeff's license was waayyy out there too.  I'm not sure if she thought it through.. Didn't he TELL her he was going to hold her to the same standards as the other women? And didn't she just go off and try to do what she usually does: overtalk, talk loud, get snarky, and then get up and leave?

Dumb and dumber.

I also remember back when he was counseling the Gregg kids with Gregg & NeNe, it seemed like Dr. Jeff went OUT OF HIS WAY to say over and over, "This problem has NOTHING to do with NeNe."

So maybe she thought he was going to do that again??

• Love 1

Didn't he TELL her he was going to hold her to the same standards as the other women? And didn't she just go off and try to do what she usually does: overtalk, talk loud, get snarky, and then get up and leave

Yes and yes.

Threatening to sue a physician for their license is ugly and uncalled for. He did nothing wrong. Other than letting her open her mouth in the first place.

His session with NeNe and Gregg was a totally different ballgame, different problems.

• Love 1

When Kandi met up with Phaedra at her office and she started to complain about her and Todd's sex life (lack of), Phaedra shut her down FAST! As in, don't talk about this on camera!!

The therapist? He had no skills for managing such a large group session. He didn't set any 'rules' for the session. He didn't go around the group for a brief 'what would you like to achieve from this session?' kind of break the ice, set up a positive vibe type question. He allowed strong willed, emotional, and immature people to take over any structure the therapy session should have followed. He bombed. No wonder production chose him.

• Love 2

Because we can never laugh at this enough.... Let's enjoy NeNe's Fright Night wig some more:

d5ef57d6036b855fc823c2deb0f218bf.jpg

Edit: aren't wigs supposed to look like real hair?

Two comparisons trending on the Internet:

1b92569a50c186c5fb1b971ec7b18a6b.jpg

e00dd9f9575154d463a48990dd4b2f72.jpg

This Bride of Frankenstein wig looks more real than NeNe's atrocity!!!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat

Phaedra needs to quit. She knows damned well her mama can't fit nothing that's sold in any catalog that Cynthia is modeling for ... I peeped you on the beach in Puerto Rico, boo ... you know you're the one buying those plus sizes!

Phaedra was referring to Cynthia modeling in plus size catalogs:

2cyjo0h.jpg

Surprised there is so very little about Phaedra and Porsha sitting there just completely accusing Peter of sleeping around town. Whether he is, or isn't, after assaulting a woman for accusing you of cheating (Porsha) or while sitting in the midst of your own set of accusations (Phaedra) you'd think at least you two would be less reckless. I am well on record for a raging case of "can't-stand-Peterism" but this strikes me as completely hypocritical and not at all conducive to knocking this kind of shit down. 

Porsha and Phaedra's conversation was payback for Cynthia bringing up Apollo's unsubstantiated allegations in front of the group of women on national television.  Phaedra and Cynthia have always switched between cordial and shady, but there was no reason for Cynthia to do that to Phaedra except to grab for relevancy on the show.  Phaedra was done with Cynthia at that point and owes her nothing.  Porsha and Phaedra probably do have real dirt on Peter which is different from that Apollo foolishness.

Excellent point regarding Peter, but the fact that Phadrea shaded Cynthia for an illness she had no control of speaks volumes to who she is. Her and Nene should really be friends since they have no limits of what they'll say. Nene the same one who told Kim to close her legs to married men ( but was fine with the affair while they were friends) but is cool with Porsha screwing married men for cars (allegedly not in her name) and purses. Don't get me wrong Porsha can do whatever she wants with her body, but the hypocrisy of these women is just ludicrous. I can't blame any of the women for not being able to receive anything from Nene.

People make allowances for people they like; it's that simple.  Kim and NeNe were fighting, so she used what she knew about Kim against her.  If NeNe fell out with Porsha, I have no doubt she'd bring up with married man allegations.  People have to be careful about crossing others for no reason.  One never knows how far the other person will go.  Cynthia started it...

Several people have expressed this, but I'm at a loss for what Nene really brings to the show. What's her story line this season? How about last season? The only thing she does is inject herself into other people's story line so that she stays relevant. Oh, and she's occasionally funny.  

I agree.  NeNe isn't needed.  Phaedra has carried the whole season, IMO.

I would too considering he did not conduct a proper therapy session.  In a group therapy session the moderator should NEVER allow the group to pile up on one member.  The only time that is acceptable is during an intervention and even then the group should not be allowed to complain about the target member but to offer ways to correct the behavior.  This usually has to do with drug/alcohol abuse.

I thought I heard him say that he was going around to each person so that everyone could give an opinion?  With that being said, a lot of the others don't have beef with anyone else or only have beef with NeNe.  Nene is the cause for a lot of the issues.

Edited by Talented Tenth
  • Love 2

I thought him say that he was going around to each person so that everyone could give an opinion?  With that being said, a lot of the others don't have beef with anyone else or only have beef with NeNe.  Nene is the cause for a lot of the issues.

Every one of the women had issues that had nothing to do with Nene. Cynthia is the only one with real Nene issues. However she has clashed with both Porsha and Phaedra. Kendra has issues with Porsha and Phaedra. Claudia has issues with Porsha. Kandi has issues with Phaedra. The issues they all seem to have with Nene is she won't be thier FRIEND!

Aging Goth, I don't think it's so much they want NeNe to be a friend, they just want her to display common courtesy when they meet. She can't even do that well. I have to go to meetings with people I don't necessarily hang out with, or like, but I shake hands, smile and ask "How are you?" and I'm polite. I don't roll my eyes, give smirky looks their way, or talk over top of them when we are having a discussion.

But, that's just me.

• Love 2

Every one of the women had issues that had nothing to do with Nene. Cynthia is the only one with real Nene issues. However she has clashed with both Porsha and Phaedra. Kendra has issues with Porsha and Phaedra. Claudia has issues with Porsha. Kandi has issues with Phaedra. The issues they all seem to have with Nene is she won't be thier FRIEND!

The only person who didn't have explosive beef with NeNe at some point was Porsha and even NeNe has accused her of being a bad friend.  Kandi really doesn't have a problem with anyone.  Cynthia, Claudia and Kenya are all cool with each other.

• Love 1

The therapist? He had no skills for managing such a large group session. He didn't set any 'rules' for the session. He didn't go around the group for a brief 'what would you like to achieve from this session?' kind of break the ice, set up a positive vibe type question. He allowed strong willed, emotional, and immature people to take over any structure the therapy session should have followed. He bombed. No wonder production chose him.

I assumed that part wasn't shown becauise it was "boring".

• Love 2

I don't think it's so much they want NeNe to be a friend, they just want her to display common courtesy when they meet. She can't even do that well.

I agree completely, it shows nene's lack of class more than anything. No one seems to be wanting to be her bff, just have a little respect for one another.

The whole thing was especially weird after they replayed the scene at Tavern. They were all laughing it up and agreeing to at least play nice, only for the next time they meet Nene acts like a bitch and even tells Claudia she is friends with people Nene doesn't like. If they hadn't acknowledged that tavern happened prior to Kandi's party, I would have thought those scenes were put of order.

• Love 2

Aging Goth, I don't think it's so much they want NeNe to be a friend, they just want her to display common courtesy when they meet. She can't even do that well. I have to go to meetings with people I don't necessarily hang out with, or like, but I shake hands, smile and ask "How are you?" and I'm polite. I don't roll my eyes, give smirky looks their way, or talk over top of them when we are having a discussion.

But, that's just me.

What you say is true to a point but Nene made it clear she only wanted to coexist cordially. It never meant she was going to do hugs and kisses with them which both KENYA a and Cynthia both wanted to do. She made no such pact with Clawdia which is why she was pretty much cold to her. Nene is ruled by her feelings which is why she does what happened when she's confronted. Not always right, just how she is.
  • Love 1

What you say is true to a point but Nene made it clear she only wanted to coexist cordially. It never meant she was going to do hugs and kisses with them which both KENYA a and Cynthia both wanted to do. She made no such pact with Clawdia which is why she was pretty much cold to her. Nene is ruled by her feelings which is why she does what happened when she's confronted. Not always right, just how she is.

Just like a five year old. No self-control.

• Love 3