Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

It’s safe to assume BME has been working diligently in getting a GYM for Renee. I wonder if Renee too will pray for a spouse who wants to settle down near BME. Nurie’s move to Florida seems to have upset Jill a great deal. I hope Renee and all the other girls manage to escape and are not bamboozled by Jill into staying.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 14
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Even the goldfish in the Rodrigues household are praying for deliverance. The fish are hoping not to wind up as David's map snack one day. 

Babe my sushi and hummingbird juice are delicious! Have anymore? 
-Dave Rodriguez (still hungry)

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, SMama said:

It’s safe to assume BME has been working diligently in getting a GYM for Renee.

I suspect one is already in Jill's sights. Olivia, who just turned 11, was bumped up pretty quickly to the hand on hip pose with the older girls in the last picture.

If Renee starts a courting soon, Jill will be relying on Tessie (15), Hannah(14) and Olivia(11) left to run the house and whatever half-assed schooling.

Samuel's graduation trip, where he takes his best friend Gabriel along, should be coming up any old time now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 17
2 hours ago, SMama said:

It’s safe to assume BME has been working diligently in getting a GYM for Renee. I wonder if Renee too will pray for a spouse who wants to settle down near BME. Nurie’s move to Florida seems to have upset Jill a great deal. I hope Renee and all the other girls manage to escape and are not bamboozled by Jill into staying.

I think JillPM “allowed” Nurie to marry and move far away to Florida because she was marrying ANNA DUGGAR’S BROTHER. I remember she never used Nathan’s name, and only referred to him as AD’sB. I think back then the Duggar name held clout in her little world. Now, not so much. And also now, she won’t make the same mistake again, and she will keep her married Rodlets close by to make it easier to control them. Plus if they are close by, the SIL will be able to supply numerous dinners at the “good” restaurants.

• Like 6
  • Sad 8
10 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think JillPM “allowed” Nurie to marry and move far away to Florida because she was marrying ANNA DUGGAR’S BROTHER. I remember she never used Nathan’s name, and only referred to him as AD’sB. I think back then the Duggar name held clout in her little world. Now, not so much. And also now, she won’t make the same mistake again, and she will keep her married Rodlets close by to make it easier to control them. Plus if they are close by, the SIL will be able to supply numerous dinners at the “good” restaurants.

This is what worries me about those long suffering girls. I can't wait to see how Jill spins how all of her daughters want to remain close to their family. 

Does PM stand for precious mama? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Jill is a BIG, BRIGHT STAR in the Plexus universe. It's truly SHOCKING nobody bothered to check the correctness of her name on the little certificate. It had to be the work of that evil Satan again, always out to attack our poor Jillybean. ⛏️

• LOL 11
On 1/15/2023 at 9:36 AM, SMama said:

I read this as an actual gym. I was thinking “Holy hell, talk about upping your grift game! An entire gym? Is she super into fitness?”

Nooooooo.

• LOL 13

1A139A1D-1BB2-4F6F-9E36-927D33A742A7.jpeg

What a blessing our Phillip is to our hearts.  Being in Bible College full time while also working full time and singing in the college's ensemble, AND getting great grades to boot, brings our hearts indescribable JOY!  😉😊🥰  We love you, Phillip, and enjoyed your message last night!  What a blessing!  
❤ Dad & Mom

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Great grades? He couldn't even manage a 3.4. Probably more in the Good grades category. 

Being homeschooled, Jill wouldn't know the difference. 🙄

Jill thinks everyone who reads her ramblings is as uneducated as her. It has not occurred to her that there are people who know her godly young man did not make the honor roll.

• Like 11

Re Phillip: Is he working at his job full time, as in 35-40 hours a week, plus going to classes all morning every day? That would be a pretty heavy schedule with studying and the commute added. Maybe there's no homework at Bible College, and/or maybe Jill doesn't know what full time employment means since Hunk hasn't done it in decades. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Re Phillip: Is he working at his job full time, as in 35-40 hours a week, plus going to classes all morning every day? That would be a pretty heavy schedule with studying and the commute added. Maybe there's no homework at Bible College, and/or maybe Jill doesn't know what full time employment means since Hunk hasn't done it in decades. 

She's been known to embellish the truth. A lot. If it makes her look good, expect this, if not outright lies. 

• Like 16
  • Useful 1

So Philly the Scholar said this in his sermon:

I've been very selective in my words and put together these. Just kinda expound upon these as I say them to you.

Expound? Used in a sermon focused on the importance of WORDS??? I'm sorry kid, but you're lucky that the congregation at Joy Baptist is largely uneducated and didn't catch the misuse of the fifty cent word. 😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

If what Jill says is true (doubtful) no wonder the poor thing is racing around getting tickets early in the morning. He must be burning the candle at both ends. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Singing/ministry tour???? Snorts haha to infinity. More like begging for free food and $. 

I beg for her to lose her voice.

9 hours ago, awaken said:

If what Jill says is true (doubtful) no wonder the poor thing is racing around getting tickets early in the morning. He must be burning the candle at both ends. 

And only a matter of time before he or someone else is seriously injured due to his sleep deprived driving. 😢

• Sad 12
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

My kiddo is a senior in a major U.S. university. Due to financial restrictions on my part, they have put themselves through college entirely on their own. Two majors (one, a language) a minor and a certificate in a related field. They work a 30-hour-per-week job (in addition to loans and grants) and, between work and classes, has precious little time for anything else.  So this is what I think…

1. Philly is not taking a full credit load

2. Philly is not working a full-time job and, if he is,

3. Philly’s grades are NOT what Jill says they are, or

4. There is precious little ACTUAL work at Bible college and their grades are based on attendance and reciting verses, not actual scholastic pursuits. 

Take your pic, but something is not kosher with this scenario…

Doesn't the school only have classes in the morning so the students can work afternoons?   So a full load there is probably different than a full load elsewhere.  

But also I am going with 4 -- this school is not big on actual education.   If you can read, show up to classes and turn in your assignments on time (regardless of quality) you are going to get a decent grade.   The quality assignments make honor roll, but even there "quality" is subjective."

• Like 15
  • Applause 1

I believe Jill has said Phillip is attending in hopes of a "degree in missions" so he can continue his burden of being a missionary to Hungary.  Here is the description from the school website.

MISSIONS

This degree is designed for those planning to do the work of a missionary. It requires a total of 96 semester hours at MBC and/or another approved college, plus a thesis on a missions topic approved by the Academic Dean, and a passing grade on the Doctrinal Comprehension Exam. A candidate for this degree must have attended MBC at least part-time during his senior year, and must have completed at least 36 credit hours in residence at MBC.

This course will give the missionary student a firm foundation in the background of missions from a biblical and historical perspective. Students will learn the art of deputation, as well as how to put together a display, printing, and presentation. Other subject matter to be covered will include emergency medical treatment, survival techniques, managing stress, cultural adaptation, language study, choosing a sending agency, and much more.

By the time the missionary student completes this course, they will be more than prepared for candidate school and other practical aspects of missionary life on the field.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'd like to know more about Candidate School. 

Here's the one paired with Massillon: Baptist Bible Translators: https://baptisttranslators.com/. It's a year of phonetics and linguistics to help missionaries translate the Bible. The school prepares missionaries to go anywhere like  Paris, France (!) or a jungle. 

The school is in Texas and is another year of expenses. I don't see Phillip doing this because Jill will go nuts if he's by himself in another state. Hungary doesn't need Bible translations, and Phillip won't know any Hungarian before he gets there unless he arranges for private study with a native speaker. 

If Mahmo would find objections to Phil's having a year in Texas, what's going to happen if he really gets to Hungary? Jill will be so proud until she begins to think about the young women who might flirt with him. She would need to beg for money for an overseas trip for Hubby and her to check things out, of course. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Here's the one paired with Massillon: Baptist Bible Translators: https://baptisttranslators.com/. It's a year of phonetics and linguistics to help missionaries translate the Bible. The school prepares missionaries to go anywhere like  Paris, France (!) or a jungle. 

The school is in Texas and is another year of expenses. I don't see Phillip doing this because Jill will go nuts if he's by himself in another state. Hungary doesn't need Bible translations, and Phillip won't know any Hungarian before he gets there unless he arranges for private study with a native speaker. 

If Mahmo would find objections to Phil's having a year in Texas, what's going to happen if he really gets to Hungary? Jill will be so proud until she begins to think about the young women who might flirt with him. She would need to beg for money for an overseas trip for Hubby and her to check things out, of course. 

Next grift! Next GoFundMe! 

• LOL 6
58 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The course looks like a high school level class at best.

Philip would have been better off going to trade school.

Oh, but this is his trade school. Phil and his bros appear to aspire for careers just like their dear old dad - fundie preachers. I don't think it's a growth industry. 

• Like 13
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, but this is his trade school. Phil and his bros appear to aspire for careers just like their dear old dad - fundie preachers. I don't think it's a growth industry. 

Except that even DBD has the self-awareness to tell congregations that he ISN'T a preacher. He gets up there with the same remarks at every stop, then pleads for money. 

As for real trade school, the only son with any aptitude at all appears to be Sammers. I don't think the other three can barely hammer nails. 

• Like 10
15 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

It doesn't even pay the bills, especially when there are a dozen kids who need to eat occasionally. Dear old dad is a good example of the limits of this "calling."

Would it be too worldly to have the boys apprentice in a trade? Watching DBD do non-code wiring and plumbing does not count. Printing smiley tracts is probably not a promising career choice either., although Jill will insist at least one son take over the family printing ministry when DBD can no long rise from the comfy chair in front of the map.  

• Like 9
12 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Phillip sounded like a regular person in his sermon and definitely better than Timothy.  He might actually make it as a pastor.  I'll make no comment on the content--I imagine it would appeal to some people.

He definitely looks healthier IMO.  His face has filled out, so I think he’s gained some weight, thank God.  It speaks volumes that both Timmy and Phillip gained weight once they started school/work.  It’s proof positive that those children are not getting enough to eat!

• Like 14
  • Sad 6
35 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

He definitely looks healthier IMO.  His face has filled out, so I think he’s gained some weight, thank God.  It speaks volumes that both Timmy and Phillip gained weight once they started school/work.  It’s proof positive that those children are not getting enough to eat!

I did notice he doesn't look as thin as he was looking for awhile. He looks better at least from those pictures.  I'm glad to know he is probably at least getting one good solid and filling meal a day. 

• Like 12
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So Philly the Scholar said this in his sermon:

Expound? Used in a sermon focused on the importance of WORDS??? I'm sorry kid, but you're lucky that the congregation at Joy Baptist is largely uneducated and didn't catch the misuse of the fifty cent word. 😂

Next up - “peruse!” 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

This course will give the missionary student a firm foundation in the background of missions from a biblical and historical perspective. Students will learn the art of deputation, as well as how to put together a display, printing, and presentation. Other subject matter to be covered will include emergency medical treatment, survival techniques, managing stress, cultural adaptation, language study, choosing a sending agency, and much more.

So Philly already knows how to print smiley tracts.   If he learned emergency medical treatment and survival techniques will the Medicorps guy bring him along as a mascot?

• LOL 14
37 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I did notice he doesn't look as thin as he was looking for awhile. He looks better at least from those pictures.  I'm glad to know he is probably at least getting one good solid and filling meal a day. 

It's probably that lunch he can get at school.

• Like 17
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

This is fucking hilarious.

Obviously, the people in Paris, France, are badly in need of a translation of the Bible into French. A semiliterate kid who doesn't speak French is the obvious choice to take care of this urgent need. I'm sure Phillip and the other students in the program will be pressured to matriculate to Baptist Bible Translators. That school needs warm bodies at desks as much as Massillon does. 

Didn't Phillip do a whiteboard diagram once before in a sermonette? These are like Derek Dillard's interpretative dances, but less entertaining. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Obviously, the people in Paris, France, are badly in need of a translation of the Bible into French. A semiliterate kid who doesn't speak French is the obvious choice to take care of this urgent need. I'm sure Phillip and the other students in the program will be pressured to matriculate to Baptist Bible Translators. That school needs warm bodies at desks as much as Massillon does. 

Didn't Phillip do a whiteboard diagram once before in a sermonette? These are like Derek Dillard's interpretative dances, but less entertaining. 

Yaaaas! Phillip did commentary on the continents. I forget what he said, but it was stuff like Africa = sodomites. 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

It's probably that lunch he can get at school.

Also pretty much all evening/weekend events and service projects at his school have some sort of meal. Pizza or whatever. The Pastor guy that does the announcements at the chapel service jokes fairly often on this. "We know we have to feed you to get you to show up for these things" or "Of course there will be a meal first" etc

• Like 13
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yaaaas! Phillip did commentary on the continents. I forget what he said, but it was stuff like Africa = sodomites. 

Didn’t he leave at least one continent out?

ETA - looks like he doesn’t even know the difference between countries and continents 🤦‍♀️🥲.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 9
On 1/17/2023 at 3:39 PM, AstridM said:

Didn’t he leave at least one continent out?

ETA - looks like he doesn’t even know the difference between countries and continents 🤦‍♀️🥲.

He surely doesn't know the difference between continents and countries and neither does his mama. When Nurie and Dave went on their missions trip, per Jill they went to Botswana, Africa and went on a safari at one of those drive through place in South Africa, Africa.

I think they believe all those countries to be states on a continent. So I am sure Phillip is trying to become a missionary to Hungary, Europe.🙄

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • LOL 14
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Also pretty much all evening/weekend events and service projects at his school have some sort of meal. Pizza or whatever. The Pastor guy that does the announcements at the chapel service jokes fairly often on this. "We know we have to feed you to get you to show up for these things" or "Of course there will be a meal first" etc

This is ... pretty normal for college kids.   

I'm glad Philly finally gets a whole slice of pizza to himself (maybe even TWO) rather than having to share one slice with 10 siblings.   

My goodness Kaylee must be in heaven too being able to actually EAT.  

• Like 18
21 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

This is ... pretty normal for college kids.   

I'm glad Philly finally gets a whole slice of pizza to himself (maybe even TWO) rather than having to share one slice with 10 siblings.   

My goodness Kaylee must be in heaven too being able to actually EAT.  

Unfortunately pregnant Kaylee has that example of BME bragging about how tiny pregnant Nurie was  She'll probably be trying to keep her weight down.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Sad 21