Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe he will give her a cookie or something… even Janessa looks malnourished 

We all predicted that Janessa would start looking bad, just like her siblings, when she stopped breastfeeding.  Sadly, we were right.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

How did Philip "honor" BME - he took her out to lunch?  Using what for money?  Is that part of the "honoring" process - figuring out a way to collect enough money to treat Jill to a lunch worthy of her teaching greatness?  I picture this kid scrounging around looking for spare change in Gut's chair that may have fallen out while he was reclined watching his map, or collecting scrap metal for recycling or something.

I'll bet it causes a great deal of stress for these kids when it's their turn to "honor" Mama in any way, because her standards are so impossibly high.

Thank you, I was wondering how unemployed Phillip paid for BME’s lunch. She’s such a reprehensible creature. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

David was singing in the video but Jill didn’t film him. Huh David probably forbids her from filming him!

Jill was playing the piano, so David was the one holding the phone, filming and singing (I use that word loosely, because GWE cannot sing) at the top of his lungs. 

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, smallfry said:

As a teacher, this makes me sick! Her "graduating seniors" honor her as their teacher?! I am sure they had no choice in that matter and I would never expect my students or families to honor me!! As much as I hate standardized tests I would love to see how her kids score on them and at what grade level they are actually at!

What grade level?  5th grade, at best.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Why does he have to honor her on his "graduation"? Ridiculous. 

Especially since Jill doesn't actually teach. She buys workbooks and tells them to work on the problems if there's nothing more important to do like weeding her rock garden or dusting the plastic flowers on top of the water heater. Jill is too incompetent to teach anybody anything, other than grifting, perhaps. 

• Love 14
(edited)
41 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Why does he have to honor her on his "graduation"? Ridiculous. 

Because he only graduated because Jill allowed him to do so?  So really, his graduation from the BME school is all about Jill's brilliance as a "teacher" - he was just the empty vessel she filled with crap.  It's really her graduation.

Those poor kids.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

How did Philip "honor" BME - he took her out to lunch?  Using what for money?  Is that part of the "honoring" process - figuring out a way to collect enough money to treat Jill to a lunch worthy of her teaching greatness?  I picture this kid scrounging around looking for spare change in Gut's chair that may have fallen out while he was reclined watching his map, or collecting scrap metal for recycling or something.

I'll bet it causes a great deal of stress for these kids when it's their turn to "honor" Mama in any way, because her standards are so impossibly high.

Jill has posted about the kids receiving spending/fun money from family and friends but insisting on spending the money on flowers and candy for Jill because her kids are just so thoughtful. Jill is always so humbled and honored by this, but I would guess there is a lot if passive aggressive comments (at the very least) if the kids dared to spend the money on themselves. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Triple P said:

Jill has posted about the kids receiving spending/fun money from family and friends but insisting on spending the money on flowers and candy for Jill because her kids are just so thoughtful. Jill is always so humbled and honored by this, but I would guess there is a lot if passive aggressive comments (at the very least) if the kids dared to spend the money on themselves. 

Well, more than once, we've seen Timmy buy his way out of the doghouse with flowers for BME. 

• Love 4

Please take time to review the Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022. There are new guidelines in the forums regarding the mocking/insensitive language around body size, capabilities, etc.

When in doubt, think twice, post once, and please be patient as the moderators work through the adjustment to the new policy. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill was playing the piano, so David was the one holding the phone, filming and singing (I use that word loosely, because GWE cannot sing) at the top of his lungs. 

Dave was demonstrating his love for the lord VERY loudly.

• LOL 8
38 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Apparently I missed out on getting the book for free. I might buy it if it’s $10… I will be SEVERELY entertained of that I am certain.

Please specify that the ten dollars is to go in the kids' college funds. Worst Mama Ever is looking for money to take Hunk and herself to the good Olive Garden. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Please specify that the ten dollars is to go in the kids' college funds. Worst Mama Ever is looking for money to take Hunk and herself to the good Olive Garden. 

You know that $ will go towards the parents. Kids will get a stick a gum to share. 

4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Has there ever been a more self-centered, self-aggrandizing creature than Jilldo?  

I don't think so.  Those poor kids, having a raging narcissist for a mother.

She's a sicko.  Can't wait til she has the psychotic break and is burying crucifixes in the backyard. (actually, true story; I know someone who did that)

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

In what universe is it a good idea to stick Priscilla in front of a camera to deliver a nearly three-minute run-on sentence? Even the baby is yawning. 

Apparently, TFDW thinks this is a good idea. I can't imagine how she functions as a pastor's wife, but here she is ministering to women.

Edited by emmawoodhouse

Oh I would so fail having a conversation with Prissy. I'd be finishing her sentences left and right, while controlling the urge to tap the words out the side of her brain.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, crazy8s said:

from the "orchestra" video it would seem Hannah is now learning to saw away on a mini violin. Sadie is apparently learning the Pianica. Sadie looks very unhealthy in the video.

The Pianica is a small, portable keyboard that's breath-powered; all that's required is to simply blow air into it while pressing down the keys. While the sound it makes is similar to an accordion or a harmonica, it uses the same notes and familiar black-and-white keys as a piano.

Screenshot (242).png

Sofia is the one on the pianica. Sadie is the blonde. Sofia always looks sickly. I'd hope they'd find out if something is truly wrong with her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

In what universe is it a good idea to stick Priscilla in front of a camera to deliver a nearly three-minute run-on sentence? Even the baby is yawning. 

Where did you see that?  I’ve looked at Facebook and Instagram and can’t find it.

8 minutes ago, beckie said:

Sofia is the one on the pianica. Sadie is the blonde. Sofia always looks sickly. I'd hope they'd find out if something is truly wrong with her.

I’m pretty sure it’s Sadie.  Her hair isn’t quite as blond as it used to be.

55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh I would so fail having a conversation with Prissy. I'd be finishing her sentences left and right, while controlling the urge to tap the words out the side of her brain.

If there’s one Fundie who truly has a pure, loving, nonjudgmental heart and soul, it’s Priscilla.  She’s the polar opposite of JillR.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I’m one of those people who never has to say a word, because you can look at my face and know exactly what I’m thinking.  I’m afraid that my facial expressions would hurt Priscilla’s feelings. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Priscilla went from blessings to Jesus to childless people to cold water to momma's milk to lasagna on a glass plate falling on the floor to cleaning the windows three times before guests come over to Jesus, Jesus, and little blessings--without taking a breath. I'm surprised she doesn't pass out while doing this. 

Impromptu speaking is not my best skill, so I don't like being put on the spot. Maybe David should tell her in advance he wants a video so she can collect her thoughts. 

• Love 7

I doubt David really cares whether Priscilla is articulate or not. Her job is to pump out the little blessings, tend to them, and support him in the ministry. While I doubt her homeschooling skills are very good, she does the rest with energy and good cheer. 

David is hardworking and supports the family, so Pris did better than her sisters Esther in Zambia and Anna, wife of the convicted pest, and her brother Nathan, yoked to Jill Rodrigues. 

• Love 14

I’m sure all the members of TFDW’s congregation are quite happy with Pris, she seems genuinely nice. Dim and inarticulate but I doubt most other Fundies care. Her kids always look good and she smiles adoringly at TFDW, what else is there?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I doubt David really cares whether Priscilla is articulate or not. Her job is to pump out the little blessings, tend to them, and support him in the ministry. While I doubt her homeschooling skills are very good, she does the rest with energy and good cheer. 

David is hardworking and supports the family, so Pris did better than her sisters Esther in Zambia and Anna, wife of the convicted pest, and her brother Nathan, yoked to Jill Rodrigues. 

I am a bit surprised that he is ok with her no doubt extremely limited homeschooling skills. I would have assumed he’d want better educated kids.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I am a bit surprised that he is ok with her no doubt extremely limited homeschooling skills. I would have assumed he’d want better educated kids.

He may be more involved in homeschooling than most Fundie dads too, we don’t really know. Their kids are still fairly young, maybe his church does a co-op or something similar.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I'm sure David does his fair share of educating the older kids. Prissy is barely literate.

eta I'm worried that David is more concerned with bible memorization than real education. But even so, I'm sure he notices that Paul and Davia's basics may be lagging behind other kids at church. For whatever reason, the Wallers as a whole are better educated than most of these fundies that we discuss, and he may be stepping in for a reading lesson (probably the bible), or maybe even math. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Pricilla is probably the perfect preschool homeschool Fundy mom. Those kids are probably singing Bible verses and Jesus songs all day long. She can probably get them through kindergarten too, but unless they have any Sally, Dick and Jane books, someone else must be stepping in to help beyond that.

Could David W be such an asshole that he films Prissy to let all in Fundyland know how limited she is and what a savior he is?

• Love 6

Did anyone else notice the irony of the "Quiet Water Pool".  We have Prissy yelling over a chainsaw (?), and a bunch of random noise going on in the background.  She does seem like such a sweet woman.  I just hope she's never taken advantage of by anyone, especially family.

• Love 12

Lawson Bates is getting married next Thursday in CA. I wonder if any of the Duggars are planning on attending.

• Trace is next and will be the 11th marriage, with the remainder of the Bates 20 years old and under.
  • Duggars have 11 marriages with Jana, 32 and the rest 22 and under.
  • The Bates have 20 grandchildren and the Duggars have 23 or 25.
  • Still no Bates/Duggar wedding.

I'm thinking at least JD and Abbie will attend Lawson's wedding. Maybe Jed and Katie - even with a newborn.

• Useful 1

Lawson was at Jer and Hannah wedding, I would guess the Meddiccorpp(sp?) guys will be there. What else do the Duggars have to do but I don’t think this is the typical Fundie wedding so perhaps not everyone was invited.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Lawson was at Jer and Hannah wedding, I would guess the Meddiccorpp(sp?) guys will be there. What else do the Duggars have to do but I don’t think this is the typical Fundie wedding so perhaps not everyone was invited.

I thought Tiffany's parents were Fundy, just not uber Fundy. I know the wedding is in San Diego, is the venue known?

(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought Tiffany's parents were Fundy, just not uber Fundy. I know the wedding is in San Diego, is the venue known?

Now that both the Bates and Duggar families are off TV, there won't be a production company shooting the wedding, so nobody's collecting appearance fees or getting anything provided by the production company. Isn't Tiffany an actor or something? So this would be a "fundies in showbiz but not in a TV series" wedding, whatever that looks like. Do Lawson or Tiffany have big SM follower numbers?

San Diego's a more expensive location to visit than Tennessee, so fundies living at the financial level of "pile the ten kids into the rust-bucket 1997 GMC passenger van and drive to the wedding" wouldn't attend unless they lived fairly close. The fundies in the "dad owns a couple of small airplanes and five of us have pilot's licenses" crowd will of course be there if invited. 

I assume the Rods weren't invited. 🤣

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

I found this little bit online. I know Josie and Carlin are going and it seems the all the young/single Bates will be there as well. I wonder if Michael and Tori are going. It seems likely Erin and Whitney are because their kids are in the wedding. Alyssa uses any excuse to get away.

It does look smallish by Fundy standards with only 200 guests. But very Fundyish with the mom being the matron of honor and the dress from Renee's.

image.thumb.png.b218d2816f7c430f53445bdda2148eff.png

• Useful 5

picturing now the prep, preening and posing of Lawson and the groomsmen. Trace, Jackson and Warden seem to believe themselves models of some sort now since a sweet friend did model type photo shoot a few months back.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

picturing now the prep, preening and posing of Lawson and the groomsmen. Trace, Jackson and Warden seem to believe themselves models of some sort now since a sweet friend did model type photo shoot a few months back.

Too true. It will likely take them longer to get ready than the the ladies.

My question is - how many times will Lawson touch his hair during the ceremony and during the reception?

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think she has been prompted, but then she goes off on all those tangents. This might have been the best take. 

This was my gateway to Pris.  It's still my favorite!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill talks about her sister Amy in episode 101. Why she brought it up she didn’t say. Amy is on a wheelchair in case you did not know…

I think she also talked about Amy in episode 100.  JRod is a twisted POS.  If I were Amy, I would tell Jill to fk off and never mention my name ever again.

• Love 15

I recall reading quite awhile back that Jill said Amy asked her not to talk about her and her family online. It obviously fell on deaf ears. Jill has all the grace of Meghan McCain.

• Love 10