Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jonathan preached at his church either last weekend or the week before. No sign of the Rods. And now we know they were grifting in Florida this past weekend. 

Said it before, maybe even first. I think Jonalee are donezo.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think the thinking about the job and the apartment went something like this: 

Jill (to herself): Oh, I can't have another daughter move away and not go on our singing tours and take care of her younger sisters and do the housework! Jonathan and Kaylee have to stay! Jonathan will work at the men's care center where Tim worked before they persecuted him for taking time off to be with his Best Momma, so he had to quit. Jonathan will also preach at our wonderful church. The pastor is thinking about leaving, or he will be soon enough. Jonathan will rent a room at the home of one of our lovely Amish neighbors. I've done so much for the Amish. They love my modest clothes. I'm sure they will say yes if I ask. Jonathan never mentioned liking electricity, so I'm sure he doesn't care. He'll be close so he can buy our groceries and take David and me out for dinner dates. Thank you Jesus for making me so smart! This is a great plan. I'll pray very hard, and God will make it happen. I'm His favorite!

i like your version - my thoughts were along the lines of the apartment was going to be a trailer next to Timmy's in Jill's backyard and the job was to be working at the Dingus farm where they would let him have time off whenever Jill needed them along for a grift tour.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Man, I feel so extra sad for the junior fundies who get dumped after courting. You've been raised to believe that this guy or girl is literally the answer to your prayers and the one that God God'sownself has personally hand-picked for you and then your ass gets dumped. It must be hard to rationalize for a lot of them. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I think it's really strange that there was no Jonathan during the Christmas/New Year holiday.  And how long would someone hold a job or apartment for him?  It's all very fishy~

Also no Valentine memorabilia for Not Nurie has been publically documented. Someone upwards said maybe Jonathan broke Rule Number 1 and did not buy JillRod a Valentine’s present also and all hell broke loose. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

A Reddit poster says that Jonathan's aunt left a positive message on Kaylee's Etsy shop. If so, Jon and Kaylee are probably still together.

I hope somebody made Jill keep quiet. Motormouth would wreck another relationship if left to her own devices. 

Jill lied about the job and the apartment. 

I reached with the surprise 😮option and realized sarcasm doesn’t reflect well there 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 2
2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I think it's really strange that there was no Jonathan during the Christmas/New Year holiday.  And how long would someone hold a job or apartment for him?  It's all very fishy~

Wasn’t there a photo of him holding Nemo in one of the multiple Christmas videos but he was in the background? But BME made no mention of him, so maybe he broke the news that he wasn’t moving to Ohio…..

• Useful 4

The apartment for Jonathan was probably the upstairs attic. And the job: print tracks for jesause in hunks lair…

Jon probably bounced before vday. No mention of what he got Kiki for vday not even a $1 card. Kiki is probably crying off her 3 pounds of makeup while cooking dinner for daddy.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, the holidays were the last time we saw him.

7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, the holidays were the last time we saw him.

Ominous music playing 

Imagine staring at Jill’s loony eyes 24/7… shudders

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 6

I kind of wonder if the expectation that he move to be near the family was a dealbreaker for him, especially since he spent the holidays with them. He might have been more willing to tolerate the Rod bullshit if he knew he didn't have to deal with his mother in law regularly, but I'd say 24/7 Jill for a few days and seeing that as his neverending future would snap even the most resolute of men. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I kind of wonder if the expectation that he move to be near the family was a dealbreaker for him, especially since he spent the holidays with them. He might have been more willing to tolerate the Rod bullshit if he knew he didn't have to deal with his mother in law regularly, but I'd say 24/7 Jill for a few days and seeing that as his neverending future would snap even the most resolute of men. 

I guess Jill doesn’t truly believe that her daughters’ husbands should be their headships. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think BME wants to be ALL of their headships. I'm convinced she controls Nathan.

I also think she finds it inconvenient they are states away, so she has resolved never again. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

The apartment for Jonathan was probably the upstairs attic. And the job: print tracks for jesause in hunks lair…

Jon probably bounced before vday. No mention of what he got Kiki for vday not even a $1 card. Kiki is probably crying off her 3 pounds of makeup while cooking dinner for daddy.

Kiki. Dying here. Totally. Dying.

• LOL 6

Go Kaylee.  May he not move to Ohio.  

I'm glad Kaylee gets to escape and that Jilly hasn't run him off.  Normally I wouldn't be happy for a fundie to get married, but since it's the only means to escape JRod, go for it!

• Love 22
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

98CD3D59-C1DB-48EA-9B6A-F668ABD7E4BB.jpeg

That short sleeved shirt with a tie look is an interesting choice . . . 

39 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's a screenshot from the video.

I hope no one is giving Jill clicks.

18 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh Jonathan you poor dumb fuck. Grab Kaylee and run! 

My thoughts exactly. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, deaja said:

I’m scandalized by the intense hand holding. Would you guys mind posting Nike before posting such inappropriate pics?

Would you prefer Kaylee munching on a pickle ? 

( I shall be drinking Jesause juice in the prayer closet )

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 11
8 minutes ago, beckie said:

I'd love it if (and Kaylee) and Jonathan immediately ran off and eloped! BME's head would explode! We all know (and Kaylee's) wedding will be about her!

She'll force (and Kaylee) to have green as a color so she can wear that hideous cabbage boob gown again. 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

my prediction:

Double wedding in October. Jonathan is paying for everything for both wedding. What a sucker!

BME has already had one vow renewal. But I wouldn't bet against her forcing (and Kaylee) to get married on their 25th anniversary.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

BME has already had one vow renewal. But I wouldn't bet against her forcing (and Kaylee) to get married on their 25th anniversary.

That’s what I meant. Kiki is not allowed to have her own special day. It’s all about momsy.

• Love 2

I was today days old when I first heard Jill’s and her children’s voices. 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

WTF was that? Why did I do this to myself? I will have to sleep with the lights on from now on.

I finally get the YASSSS comments. Those kids are stunted physically, emotionally, educationally, in every way. Jill and David should be convicted for crimes against humanity. There better be a special place in hell for those two. 🤬

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

I was today days old when I first heard Jill’s and her children’s voices. 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

WTF was that? Why did I do this to myself? I will have to sleep with the lights on from now on.

I finally get the YASSSS comments. Those kids are stunted physically, emotionally, educationally, in every way. Jill and David should be convicted for crimes against humanity. There better be a special place in hell for those two. 🤬

You missed Hieeeeeeee! and Byeeeeee! They sometimes substitute the latter with Byeeee for now! 

The speech patterns just go to show how isolated they are. Every.single.kid. speaks the same. And they parrot BME. 

• Love 6