Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Wasn't Nurie's wedding reception kind of a crashing of the Sr. Keller's anniversary celebration?  So it would "make sense" that Non-Nurie and her husband would take a backseat at "their" reception.  Those poor kids.

That's how Jill got the wedding dinner for free. She's not going to spend money on anybody but herself and Hunk. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Darn, and I was just about to quip that it's a fictionary word.

She did misspell it. 🤣

6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill has to find another party to crash to supplement the FlavorAid and crackers she'll serve at the wedding.

I think I love you for the FlavorAid mention!

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Damn moms like that exist? Mine was a saint . Off to cry for her … 

That mom is Jill 2.0. Her daughter is in the right I can’t believe her family isn’t behind her! 

If the last couple years have taught me anything, it’s that there are far more narcissists and sociopaths walking among us than I ever suspected. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Anyone who does I got a bridge to sell you 🤣

Actually virgins can get pregnant!  It's not necessary for ejaculation to take place within the vagina for sperm to be able to enter it and swim up to fertilize an egg; ejaculating on the outside of the vaginal opening can work as well.  (Source: my mom a former OB nurse). 

Of course, this might lead us into the endless discussion of what de-virginizes someone (I used to ask my college students this when we talked about sexual orientation; it tended to twist them in knots, figuratively speaking).  

Since Shrek and BME think sex should only be between a man and a woman who are married to each other, I suspect their definition is penis-in-vagina only.  Given how much they freak about hugs and kissing and such before marriage, it does make me wonder though.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Anyone who does I got a bridge to sell you 🤣

Actually virgins can get pregnant!  It's not necessary for ejaculation to take place within the vagina for sperm to be able to enter it and swim up to fertilize an egg; ejaculating on the outside of the vaginal opening can work as well.  (Source: my mom a former OB nurse). 

Of course, this might lead us into the endless discussion of what de-virginizes someone (I used to ask my college students this when we talked about sexual orientation; it tended to twist them in knots, figuratively speaking).  

Since Shrek and BME think sex should only be between a man and a woman who are married to each other, I suspect their definition is penis-in-vagina only.  Given how much they freak about hugs and kissing and such before marriage, it does make me wonder though.

14 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Yep, I had a 16 year old clinic patient who got pregnant just that way.

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, Fosca said:

I have delivered babies to two different women who were technically virgins.  Both had been assaulted as teens and were unable to have full intercourse due to PTSD/anxiety.  Both were married to very patient and understanding men.  In both cases, there was external contact and the husband ejaculated in the vicinity of the vaginal opening.  

One of them remains my patient to this day.  She and her husband got counseling and were eventually able to do it the old fashioned way and she had two more children via regular intercourse.

• Useful 13
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“If you’ve considered Plexus, now’s the time.”

Screenshot from a video:

D5AE9166-5212-4FD7-B14C-5F8027CBD287.jpeg

She’s wearing false eyelashes in this one, and I believe she used 2 eyeliner pencils one per eye) this time.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

JillR reminds me of this friend I have who's never met a trend she didn't like. And almost every trend ended up as a (one time) both at a fair where she would offer up her "expertise". Its been a bit now - her last was essential oils. But she's done everything including, scrapbooking, jewelry, kitchenware, spices, non toxic cleaners, etc. I believe she was a vegetarian for a hot minute and get this - she even claimed to have a "drinking problem" - for about a month. She supposedly discovered this during a "dry January", quit for February too. Everyone who knows her knows she doesn't have any issues with alcohol. By March of that year she was getting drinks at dinner and posting pics with alcohol on vacation. She got beat on online for that 'trend'.

The money my friend and JillR wastes on whatever currently tickles their fancy can get expensive. Always in search of get rich quick schemes, acceptance as the 'cool kid' and gaining authority with their "expertise".

• Love 16
On 2/17/2022 at 6:00 PM, GeeGolly said:

Of all the Fundy families' next generation, who has the most children besides Anna?

Jill R is the next generation fundie. Her parents are fundies. Jill has 13 kids and her sister Angie has 9 kids. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So Frilly Jilly now has several evil JOBS in order to feed fat slob and herself? She'll be turning into a sluttish trouser-wearing woman in not time! What's next- dying her hair blue?? *clutches pearls

Her daughters and her sweet friend will do the work while she grabs the money. Nice concept

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

she rented a booth for a craft show or something and had to give it a silly name?

from the pics - Samuel built a shelf for them, the pastor's wife added the paintings, the not Nurie's have the earrings and the sachets. which leaves Jill's items - the cheap pots of fake flowers and some cheap looking items. the chair or stool to the right, with the hole cut in the seat for a pot of flowers made me laugh. those were a thing here 7-8 years ago. no one has them now.

• Love 14

Where did Jill get her inventory for this booth? Is she selling off stuff from the Barndo (pots of fake flowers!)? The house is packed, so nothing will be missed. Ugh. I hope there's nothing that was once in the fecal chair/radio broadcast bathroom. 

The pastor's wife appears to be wearing a full-length hoodie. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Where did Jill get her inventory for this booth? Is she selling off stuff from the Barndo (pots of fake flowers!)? The house is packed, so nothing will be missed. Ugh. I hope there's nothing that was once in the fecal chair/radio broadcast bathroom. 

The Dollar Store for sure.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I want to know where this primitive craft booth that Plexus and the Lord named Daniel told her to open. Hey, @Rootbeer - we live close. Road trip?

I'm not even in Ohio, and I was curious enough to search for those "mall" type "antique" stores in the area. The ones where people rent space to set up their stuff for sale. I found a handful of them, but didn't try to figure out which one Jill has set up shop in. I wonder how much of the space rent their pastor's wife is paying. It wouldn't surprise me if Jill talked the woman into the whole thing, and will be very slow to pay whatever her share of the rent is supposed to be. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I'm not even in Ohio, and I was curious enough to search for those "mall" type "antique" stores in the area. The ones where people rent space to set up their stuff for sale. I found a handful of them, but didn't try to figure out which one Jill has set up shop in. I wonder how much of the space rent their pastor's wife is paying. It wouldn't surprise me if Jill talked the woman into the whole thing, and will be very slow to pay whatever her share of the rent is supposed to be. 

Jill will pay in expired leftover plexus samples 

• LOL 3

I’d pay to see Jill sell leggings for Men modeled by Shrek 🤣😜

song sung by Jilldo 

Doncha want your husband to look like HUNK ?!

Doncha want your husband to have some chunk?!

Doncha want your husband to be a lump? 

I need my HUNK to shake his rump !

His ivory cream brings all the cows to our yard…

(Singing to the song by pussycat dolls…)

9990FBE8-EF2C-4A46-BD5E-8CE68B9EC0C4.jpeg

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 10
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Garage sales or she got it for free 

I vote for free. Chickzilla pays for nothing

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Garage sales or she got it for free 

I vote for free. Chickzilla pays for nothing

Chickzilla (I like it) isn't paying for the rent on the booth either. She's offering her decorating expertise in exchange for payment and/or she sweet talked the pastor's wife into renting the booth by praising her paintings. 

If she can, she'll take home most of the money too, assuming anyone buys anything. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I want to know where this primitive craft booth that Plexus and the Lord named Daniel told her to open. Hey, @Rootbeer - we live close. Road trip?

There are several places in Amish country that are like big flea markets or ongoing craft shows where different businesses set up to sell their wares, she must be in one of those.  

You read my mind!  When I saw her post, my first thought was 'I ought to take a little drive on down there, wonder if Westie would be interested?'

This is one of the ones I'm thinking about, I've been to it.  I don't see Jill's 'business' listed, but maybe she hasn't made the website yet.

https://www.walnutcreekamishfleamarket.com/shopping#aandg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I think the pastor's wife was thinking about/going to open the booth for the church and maybe sell things donated by the  church women raise funds for something. Once Jill found out, she moved in and took over until the pastor's wife agreed to pay for the booth and let Jill sell her worthless crap for a profit. 

She is seriously out-classed by everyone else. The crap she sells is stuff you'd find on a separate kid's table at a yard sale to help fund a church camp-out or something. It is not stuff anyone is going to willingly buy to wear or display. I think some of her Internet followers buy the things the girls make out of pity, not out of a desire to actually have in their homes.

Edited by Nysha
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, Nysha said:

She is seriously out-classed by everyone else. The crap she sells is stuff you'd find on a separate kid's table at a yard sale to help fund a church camp-out or something. It is not stuff anyone is going to willingly buy to wear or display. I think some of her Internet followers buy the things the girls make out of pity, not out of a desire to actually have in their homes.

Sol's website says that cost of the smallest space is $80 per month plus a commission of 15% on sales. The usual contract runs six months. https://solsinberlin.com/crafters_join.php

There is some serious competition in that marketplace, including Mennonite and Amish food, crafts, and furniture. How will Jill and Mrs. Pastor sell enough to make any profit? Not only is their stuff not very interesting or attractive, there isn't very much of it. And does anyone visit Amish country to buy Dollar Store fake flowers? 

ETA: BER'lin is the pronunciation used in New Hampshire and Massachusetts too. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Seriously she would make more $ working in Walmart than what she does now.

Could you picture her as a greeter in Walmart?

“Hello welcome to Walmart. Now on your way out don’t forget to visit our van in the parking lot for some great deals on Plexus.” 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Could you picture her as a greeter in Walmart?

“Hello welcome to Walmart. Now on your way out don’t forget to visit our van in the parking lot for some great deals on Plexus.” 

"We are offering a free smiley tract with every Plexus order today. Save your gut and your soul!"

("But stay away from that handsome hunk asleep in the driver's seat. He's mine!!!")

• LOL 11