Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy moly, Jill's trying to get a feel for what folks would pay for cheap ass clothing and jewelry. I hope folks were honest because none of it was worth her suggested prices.

And their modeling - oh goodness. They must have had a fan going and, uhm, my secondhand embarrassment has me at a loss for words.

I wouldn't pay $5 for those outfits, though Renee's is passable. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Shots. Fired.  Man, she is PISSED at Tim.  That was absolutely a rant about him and how he is not honoring her.  I really hope Tim maintains a boundary with her and cuts off contact if that is what is best for him.  Having a parent with Borderline Personality Disorder is rough (just my personal opinion, not a diagnosis obviously)

• Like 18
7 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

"We came home and Samuel was cutting the grass."

Fixed it for you, Jilly. Saved you about 8,000 words. You don't have to throw God in every post you write.

I don't think she knows how to NOT do that. Really, it is rather tiresome and redundant. We get it Jill, you don't have to use God, Jesus or blessing every other word. 

• Like 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't think she knows how to NOT do that. Really, it is rather tiresome and redundant. We get it Jill, you don't have to use God, Jesus or blessing every other word. 

But if she doesn't say it repeatedly that how else will we know that she is extra special and Jaysauce loves her more than everyone else because she is so dogly.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 9
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Back to the clothes for a minute. I replied to a couple of the polls asking if you would pay for the outfit at a certain price point. The ones I got were landslides for NO. 😂

Not surprised in the slightest! 

• Like 6
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Me either. The polls were split like 90/10. I guess the 10% were her friends. 😀

Well, the prices she was putting out there were ridiculous. I occasionally get a survey from Maurices clothing store and they will show a top or something. It will ask if I like it and how much it I would pay for it. Big difference, the clothes are cuter and better. And I usually select in the middle. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 9
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Me either. The polls were split like 90/10. I guess the 10% were her friends. 😀

Probably the breakdown of her social media followers too . 10% useful idiots  friends and family and 90% snarkers. 

Edited by lianau
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy moly, Jill's trying to get a feel for what folks would pay for cheap ass clothing and jewelry. I hope folks were honest because none of it was worth her suggested prices.

And their modeling - oh goodness. They must have had a fan going and, uhm, my secondhand embarrassment has me at a loss for words.

Right? I could buy all of that crap for just a few dollars a piece at Goodwill in my city.🤦‍♀️

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, lianau said:

Probably the breakdown of her social media followers too . 10% useful idiots  friends and family and 90% snarkers. 

Like that first dress Kaylee has on, $60 plus S&H? No way. And $55 for Nurie's first one? You would have to pay ME that to wear it. 

Just now, AstridM said:

Right? I could buy all of that crap for just a few dollars a piece at Goodwill in my city.🤦‍♀️

Our Goodwill prices average about $4.99. I once got a belt there for 99 cents. I wasn't going to pay a lot for a belt that would be covered by a long shirt. It was just to hold up my jeans. I still have it 5 years later. 

• Like 12
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Where is the modeling?  Did I miss something???

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Like that first dress Kaylee has on, $60 plus S&H? No way. And $55 for Nurie's first one? You would have to pay ME that to wear it. 

Our Goodwill prices average about $4.99. I once got a belt there for 99 cents. I wasn't going to pay a lot for a belt that would be covered by a long shirt. It was just to hold up my jeans. I still have it 5 years later. 

Same, and one day a week is 50% off! 😝

• Like 5
4 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Renee's purple sweater dress (?) is from Target's kid's line Art Class.  I'm sure Jill thinks it's a flex that her grown daughters can still wear kids size clothing.  

Feed your kids, Jill.

She’s even holding the Art Class tag 😆

and this dress is too clingy to be truly “modest,” imo.

4FD158FA-7F23-4AA0-AFCD-99F167809B12.jpeg

Kaylee

04CB2214-6942-4893-A2A7-BDEB7A8B82E5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

I thought fundies were strongly anti-Target merchandise???

Jill might have found it at Goodwill. I have found clothes still with store tags there. And she might not have realized it is a Target brand. 

• Like 6

😳😳😳😳😳 she is insane.

D370DE81-B976-4E55-9B9D-C98936A5582A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill might have found it at Goodwill. I have found clothes still with store tags there. And she might not have realized it is a Target brand. 

I hope someone informs her!

• Like 7
4 hours ago, ms.o said:

Shots. Fired.  Man, she is PISSED at Tim.  That was absolutely a rant about him and how he is not honoring her. 

Possibly not just Tim, but Phillip as well.

• Like 12
15 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

The trump could sound at any moment...???

Short for trumpet , it is used that way in some Christian songs. Possibly to make it fit the rhythm, rhyme scheme or meter ( not personally really knowledgeable about music). She is referring to the Second Coming of Christ or the end of times. The recent hurricanes have caused some evangelical fundamentalists to start saying we are looking at that now. However,  people since the earliest disciples of Jesus have been predicting the Second Coming. Everyone can find whatever they want to find in Scripture if they interpret it to their liking. 

• Like 13
28 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

The trump?  Is that a Freudian slip, or what?!  😝

I had to look it up, but it is in one of the verses of " It is Well with my Soul", a beautiful old hymn : " The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

Short for trumpet , it is used that way in some Christian songs. Possibly to make it fit the rhythm, rhyme scheme or meter ( not personally really knowledgeable about music). She is referring to the Second Coming of Christ or the end of times. The recent hurricanes have caused some evangelical fundamentalists to start saying we are looking at that now. However,  people since the earliest disciples of Jesus have been predicting the Second Coming. Everyone can find whatever they want to find in Scripture if they interpret it to their liking. 

AFAIK, the so-called “rapture” isn’t even in the bible. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

She’s even holding the Art Class tag 😆

and this dress is too clingy to be truly “modest,” imo.

4FD158FA-7F23-4AA0-AFCD-99F167809B12.jpeg

Kaylee

04CB2214-6942-4893-A2A7-BDEB7A8B82E5.jpeg

In the picture of Renee, at first glance I thought it was a pant suit. I wouldn't have gotten a dress at all out of it. But then I remembered that there's no way Jill would let her daughter wear pants,  even a nice pant suit.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, beckie said:

In the picture of Renee, at first glance I thought it was a pant suit. I wouldn't have gotten a dress at all out of it. But then I remembered that there's no way Jill would let her daughter wear pants,  even a nice pant suit.

I thought the exact same thing.

• Like 7

Renee's dress is way too clingy to be gahdly, in the still shot at least.  It looked like a jumpsuit from the 80's.  Jill's idea of asking about what her followers would pay for those clothes was ridiculous.  I hope the comments were realistic.

• Like 12
55 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

On the slide in which Jill asks for a "fair price," I suggested $15. 😁

Including shipping.

Only Jill would get a $60 outfit. Her kids get clothes for $5 tops.

• Like 7

The modesty shirts ruin everything. usually they are not even the correct color for the outfit.

So it’s time to get fearful? What’s going to happen? Sinners will be left behind for seven years of destruction? What happens after the seven years? I will never lead a fearful life.

And sometimes you just cannot honor your parents. It’s a real case by case situation. My mother took too many drugs when she was old. She had Valium and Ambien and would take all of them way too soon. Then I had to be in charge of them and they were at my house. My husband would deliver them to her three times a week. One time she showed up looking for the pills and I just shooed her away. If I respected her, it would’ve probably cost her her life. What do you do with that one Jill?

• Hugs 12
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Pretty much. I've lost count how many were claiming to know exactly when it was going to start or the world was going to end just during my lifetime. The fact they've never been right doesn't seem matter. 

I'm more of the it'll come when it comes. If I'm alive I'll worry about it then and if not well then I don't need to worry about it.

• Like 6
On 10/12/2024 at 12:20 AM, EmeraldGirl said:

The modesty shirts ruin everything. usually they are not even the correct color for the outfit.

So it’s time to get fearful? What’s going to happen? Sinners will be left behind for seven years of destruction? What happens after the seven years? I will never lead a fearful life.

And sometimes you just cannot honor your parents. It’s a real case by case situation. My mother took too many drugs when she was old. She had Valium and Ambien and would take all of them way too soon. Then I had to be in charge of them and they were at my house. My husband would deliver them to her three times a week. One time she showed up looking for the pills and I just shooed her away. If I respected her, it would’ve probably cost her her life. What do you do with that one Jill?

Sometimes honoring your parents means protecting them (and yourself) from the consequences of their poor decisions.  In my book, what you did was the best kind of honoring.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Notabug said:

Sometimes honoring your parents means protecting them (and yourself0 from the consequences of their poor decision.  In my book, what you did was the best kind of honoring.

Thank you. We had oh so many hysterical moments over those damn drugs. This fight lasted a long, long time. I’m just wondering the viewpoint of those that strictly claim that you must honor your parents. I’ve told my mother-in-law about it, and she argues that I should have been nicer. There’s no way to be nicer when you’re dealing with someone like that. I thought I was going to have a breakdown during those days. I could’ve washed my hands of the entire thing, but then she would’ve been left to her own devices, and that probably would’ve become fatal. But at the time she really did hate me. 😢

• Hugs 12

So Nathan and Nurie evacuated for Milton and presumably drove  to Ohio, stayed a couple days and left.  Amazing that there was time to purchase an actual decorated cake( of a nice size)  for Nehemiah’s birthday, and to take him and Janessa to a McDonalds Playland.  Where Janessa took her comfort rag through the tunnels etc.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

So Nathan and Nurie evacuated for Milton and presumably drove  to Ohio, stayed a couple days and left.  Amazing that there was time to purchase an actual decorated cake( of a nice size)  for Nehemiah’s birthday, and to take him and Janessa to a McDonalds Playland.  Where Janessa took her comfort rag through the tunnels etc.  

Nehemiah was blowing out the candles on his cake at 11:40 pm.

Janessa runs through the play area barefoot. ick

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 10
  • Sad 1