Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

As noted above this whole thing isn't about purity, its about speaking out of turn.

And since when do opinions need to be backed up by scripture to make them right? 

Lastly, do Jill and David realize having a man defend their wife's opinion carries no weight in the real world? 

• Like 1
(edited)

Nurie has now commented on David’s post.  Just like the other commenters, she has no clue what the original issue was.  They are all assuming that the negative comments were about whether or not the couple should have waited to kiss. They don’t understand that the negative comments on Jill’s post were about Jill announcing it to 8000 peopje without permission. Although we did see Ellen’s post on her own page about it being a preference not a command. So I guess Ellen realized Jill was being holier than though.  

Hallie flipping the bird is just going to incite further response from Jill. What a mess this has become. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, satrunrose said:

If DBD wants scriptural support for the MYOB and leave your child's sex life off social media argument may I suggest

Matthew 6:1

1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven."

And since the BCE (best couple ever) have spent the past twenty years so busy parading their righteousness that they neglected to feed their own children, let alone a stranger, I think that if there is a Heaven and a day of reckoning in it, those two will be in for a shock.

Matthew 25:40 ESV /

And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

2 Corinthians 13:11-14 (KJV)

"Greet one another with an holy kiss"

There are 0 biblical mandates about kissing before marriage. Only that you should not kiss if doing so leads you to impure thoughts or actions.