Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I may have reported a particular hateful post a while ago, and finally Facebook agreed. It took an appeal but I’m ok with that. 😁 I’m thinking others may have done the same.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Another burn toward Jill and her singing talents. You were not wanted to sing at the reception. OMG Jill was pissed lol.

If this is truly a dig at Jill from Ellen, then I have to say that I really, really enjoy Ellen's passive-aggressive methods of getting under Jill's skin.  The Rods have a family band and everyone knows it, and yet they were relegated to warbling at the rehearsal dinner instead of the wedding.  Well-played, Ellen. 💯

As for Phillip's poem - disturbing imagery and tone, for certain.  But if this is really his writings, then he has a gift that he did NOT get at Jill's dining room table.  He even repeats certain words for emphasis and gives strong visuals as well.  I am just an English major and no expert but I was impressed, if also unsettled.  I hope he's okay - it sounds like he is fighting something, if this is an indication of his mindset.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 13
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I only made it to the plexus portion of her Live.  That was about 7 minutes in and the entire thing was 25 minutes. In a different Christian denomination, I think Jill would be a junior minister.  She loves to give what I consider sermons.

Regarding the first kiss, why do men think women enjoy being bent over backward?  Have they ever tried to be one trying to stand while doing so? 

My lower back crunches and crackles just looking at those pictures.

i wonder if any of those grooms have ever dropped the bride.

There is a lot of injury potential when you think about it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I may have reported a particular hateful post a while ago, and finally Facebook agreed. It took an appeal but I’m ok with that. 😁 I’m thinking others may have done the same.

Bravo!!!

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7911.jpeg

IMG_7912.jpeg

Oh Ellen has HAD IT with Jill and her holy than thou I'm so dogly and mahdest attitude.   She saw the damage up close to Tim and finally has Jill's number.

Wonder if she still is in Jill's downline or gave up the Plexus scam.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Oh Ellen has HAD IT with Jill and her holy than thou I'm so dogly and mahdest attitude.   She saw the damage up close to Tim and finally has Jill's number.

Actually, we don’t know if it’s about Jill. Not everything is about her.

• Like 2

I'm assuming it's in reference to their "first kiss".  It really wasn't any of Jill's business if it was or wasn't their first kiss.  Like Ellen said "It's not a commandment"

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Ellen is right. I have a feeling Tim will rarely see his parents in the near future. I for sure think he will be basically estranged from his parents.

I think they'd be wise to distance themselves from Jill. She would likely retaliate by not allowing him access to his siblings. That's sad, but at least they have a warm, loving family in the Coveretts and Tim would have the hope of reconciling with his siblings one day....when Jill is out of the picture!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

He looks like he is trying to suck out her soul

There is a certain Dementor-like quality of Tim's kiss to Heidi, now that you mention it.

If Ellen's post is about Jill - again, I say bravo for not letting Jill run roughshod over anything to do with Tim and Heidi's wedding.  I'd imagine it wasn't easy, nor pleasant.  I assume Jill is extremely skilled at the art of manipulating to get her way.  And I agree that whether or not that post is directed at Jill, I'm certain that Jill thinks it is, which makes me happy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Last time I checked Ellen's FB, a couple of days ago, Plexus was the first thing mentioned in her bio. eta Just checked again looking for Hallie's post, and it's still there. It looks like the wedding pics are now private.

Tim did the dip kiss multiple times during the reception. Poor Heidi. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1

Ellen really is in a good position. Jill needs Ellen for Plexus. Without Ellen no more freebies and trips. So Ellen can passively push all the buttons she wants and Jill has to grin and bear it.

Its like Ellen has a free Stay Out of Jill's Wrath card.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I guess sex becomes an obsession when you marry the first opposite gendered non familiar person who holds your hand and the first time you kiss is very public.    These people are so backwards I am honestly surprised they don’t have a bedding ceremony.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I guess sex becomes an obsession when you marry the first opposite gendered non familiar person who holds your hand and the first time you kiss is very public.    These people are so backwards I am honestly surprised they don’t have a bedding ceremony.

This is so true. Here we have Timothy, who went on "double dates" with his sister as his date and their parents. Timothy who mailed valentines gifts to florida for mama and Nurie while he was at Moody, and who made a video alluding to marrying his sister. (I can't remember the wording)

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Please don't give them any ideas! You've heard about that other cult, the FLDS, and the beds Warren Jeffs kept in their "temple"? For him to deflower his child brides as soon as they were pronounced husband and wives. 

• Like 1

It is kind of sick. Never until the Duggars started marrying did I every think of a bride and groom's wedding night.

Humble and modest is so far from who these Fundies are. They are like a constant commercial shining a spotlight on themselves.

We don't want to know when their first kiss is. And we sure as hell don't want to know when their first boink is, yet we all do.

• Like 3