Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Notabug said:

It is a distinct possibility that they've sent him off to be deprogrammed and he is not free to leave.  That he didn't attend his own brother's wedding is not a good sign.

This is what I’m afraid of. Where the fuck is he?

• Like 3
10 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

PS: check out Jill on Instagram. She’s putting up new pictures for the intro on her YouTube. It looks like they’re all pictures from the wedding. Philip is a little sketchy, however. He’s wearing a suit, but it doesn’t seem to match the theme, so I can’t tell if he was really there or not. It looks like most of the girls wore white. And yes, a couple of hideous modesty T-shirts do appear. 

The new Youtube intro pic of Phillip is from Christmas at the barndo.

• Useful 4
22 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Someone asked Jill if she would be posting pics of the wedding. Jill responded  "Probably, we'll see 🤷‍♀️"

Ooh, widdle Jilly got her feelings hurt by not being allowed to live-stream from the wedding and reception.  And then Tim's new momma got permission to post before Jill did when EVERYONE knows it's Jill's right to post first.  Awww.....  

58 minutes ago, lianau said:

Way to make sure everyone will focus on your missing son. 

That photoshop was downright creepy to me.  First of all, Jill did a horrible job with her cut-and paste app.  Second, not sure about you but my eyes went straight to the larger-than-everyone-else wonky Phillip cutout and not the bride and groom.  And as stated above, this is basically a megaphone announcement that Phillip was not in attendance but by golly, Jill wanted him there so bad that she pasted him into the photo so he could be there in spirit!  

And for crying out loud, we don't need directional signs to the Keller and Hill family.  Why does she always do that?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 15
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill being petty, chooses a pic where Heidi has her eyes shut. Typical

Phillip's senior pic, where he is wearing his dad's shirt was the best pic Jill could come up with to photo shop into the family pic?? Guy who has been wearing a jacket and tie for pretty much every occasion for 2 years or so and that's what she picks.

Jill is also standing on Heidi’s dress.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 8
32 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And for crying out loud, we don't need directional signs to the Keller and Hill family.  Why does she always do that?

I think she did that because Sam was holding Newmie, lest anyone think he had a child out of wedlock.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just when you think you can't hate Jill any more. 

Isn't that Phillip's graduation picture when he wore one of his father's shirts? 

The dress stomp, no excuse for that. 

She really is petty and obviously doesn't mind showing it publicly.

• Like 6

To me Jill's dress issue is a time and place one.  She was dressed for a later in the day wedding with the men in tuxes at least with the dress.  The necklace and shoes fit the wedding she attended.  The dress was too sophisticated and dressy for a simple daytime wedding with more of a down home or country feel.  

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

It is a distinct possibility that they've sent him off to be deprogrammed and he is not free to leave.  That he didn't attend his own brother's wedding is not a good sign.

It's possible.

We don't know Phillip's mental state when he left the barndo and why he was living in his car in Oklahoma City. 

I'm very afraid that evangelical-style deprogramming will damage him if he's fragile in any way. Poor guy tried to go to college and ended up leaving both schools for unknown reasons. He had visions of being a missionary in Hungary, perhaps not a likely choice, but still, a goal in life that he was doing his best to achieve. Even the dream of that may well be gone now. 

I don't trust Jill and David to protect their children at the cost of their own image. Whatever is going on, I hope Philip doesn't end up being nothing more than a  badly photoshopped image in the Rod gallery of mistreated children.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 8

First off, Philip looks like a freaking BOBBLEHEAD in that pic!

Second, I agree that he is somewhere he could not leave from.  Whether it’s a mental health facility or a deprogramming/reprogramming program, I don’t know.  With the emphasis these people put on weddings and finding a mate there, I would think Phillip would have been there front and center (as he is of hitchin’ age).  I do hope Philip is safe.  

• Like 16
57 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't trust Jill and Dave to do the right thing by their children. Especially one as challenging as Phillip has turned out to be. 

There's a chance Phillip is right where he should be and J&D had nothing to do with it.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

There's a chance Phillip is right where he should be and J&D had nothing to do with it.

We can only hope, but, it seems like Jill wouldn't have bothered with the bad photoshop if she and Dave didn't have a hand in his absence if only because she wouldn't want to invite speculation as to why he didn't attend.  She doesn't like hard questions.  Also, if all was well with Phil, wouldn't she have commented on the photoshopping job she did?  Like, 'Poor Phillip was busy with his new church and couldn't attend, but we all missed him and I couldn't resist adding him to the family photo'.  Of course, Jill probably thinks she is a master photoshopper and no one would ever guess he wasn't standing right beside the rest of them.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So can we assume the Rods didn't put on the rehearsal dinner?

Maybe things have changed, but it was the norm for the groom's family to pay for the rehearsal dinner.

There looked to be a significant amount of fairly healthy food, so I'm guessing the Rods had nothing to do with organizing it. 🤣

• Like 17
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, emma675 said:

There looked to be a significant amount of fairly healthy food, so I'm guessing the Rods had nothing to do with organizing it. 🤣

also table decorations were matching and nice, so again not Jill with her dollar store items mixed with random things from the barndo.

• Like 12
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't trust Jill and Dave to do the right thing by their children. Especially one as challenging as Phillip has turned out to be. 

A real therapist might challenge the idea that adult Philip still has to obey his mother so no way they get him real help.

Jill was not involved in that rehearsal dinner in any way except to eat.  All the food had color and looked properly prepared.

• Like 15
21 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

also table decorations were matching and nice, so again not Jill with her dollar store items mixed with random things from the barndo.

I saw a picture of a table at the dinner that feted the couple. It had Jill written all over it, down to purple fake flowers, probably saved from Nurie's nuptials. Earth to Jill, purple wasn't on Heidi's radar 

So yeah, they let her dreckorate a table. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I saw a picture of a table at the dinner that feted the couple. It had Jill written all over it, down to purple fake flowers, probably saved from Nurie's nuptials. Earth to Jill, purple wasn't on Heidi's radar 

So yeah, they let her dreckorate a table. 

I'll take your word for it. The pics I saw were not close up. But usually any thing decorated by Jill can be spotted a mile away so it seemed not her.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, AheadofStraight said:

My first thought is....then don't make your posts public. If I post family wedding pics, baby pics, or whatever, my social media accounts are locked and only my "friends" can see them. 

Seriously! This goes for Duggars and Bateses, too. If you don't want to read snarky comments from strangers, don't make your photos public. Not everybody thinks you're so damn wonderful and above criticism. 

Idiots. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

The Coveretts found a project to keep Jill busy and out of their hair. More, Jill! Add more! That special table needs more!

No way Jill and David paid for the rehearsal dinner. There are tables and chairs, china plates, metal utensils, and an organized buffet of appetizing, professional-looking food. Jill and Dave don't spend money to feed other people. They don't even feed their own children. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I think I saw a post where Ellen said the Rods paid for the rehearsal dinner catering.  Had me like 👀

But she definitely had to bring some of her own dusty ol' tchotchkes to tchotch it up, didn't she?  

Maybe Tim gave them the money. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

I wonder if that was an actual lit candle nestled in with the greenery?

And those fake flowers do look familiar. 

I'm pretty sure those were battery candles, but the extire "arrangement" looks Jill-terrible.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
20 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe Tim gave them the money. 

If not Tim, reality would be people donating to the rod's were the ones who paid for it with their donations to the ministry. The clearing house, directly to them through pay pal or at grift stops.

I doubt their "many other income streams" bring in enough to pay for more than Dave's trips to taco bell. Plexus isn't a money maker, the magazine was a one and done. Rumor is they drive they Amish around Wooster. But they're not home all that much and how much can Dave possibly make driving anyway when Jill claims he is working in the print shop all the time?

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Rumor is they drive they Amish around Wooster. But they're not home all that much and how much can Dave possibly make driving anyway when Jill claims he is working in the print shop all the time?

That may explain why hunky hubby didn't make the Florida trek to see Nurie's newest. Usually the fundie helpmeets aren't fans of leaving their husbands for that long.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm pretty sure those were battery candles, but the extire "arrangement" looks Jill-terrible.

I'm reminded of my late ex-mil who had some of the worst taste in gifts. When my ex-bil and his wife moved into their huge, expensive, custom built new home ( giant angel statue in the driveway), her housewarming gift was that singing fish you hang on the wall. 

For my baby shower, I got an empty Jim Bean decanter (she worked for the company) shaped like a leprechaun. 

• LOL 20
22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

If not Tim, reality would be people donating to the rod's were the ones who paid for it with their donations to the ministry. The clearing house, directly to them through pay pal or at grift stops.

I doubt their "many other income streams" bring in enough to pay for more than Dave's trips to taco bell. Plexus isn't a money maker, the magazine was a one and done. Rumor is they drive they Amish around Wooster. But they're not home all that much and how much can Dave possibly make driving anyway when Jill claims he is working in the print shop all the time?

I bet Sam and Gabe can run the press. Renee on the stitcher, and the rest collating. Tessie can probably run the folder. That frees up Dave to drive the Amish. 

• Useful 4
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Where did she post that? 

It was a screenshot over in a reddit thread, someone replied with a screenshot of the comment itself - i think Ellen replied to someone saying "i know jill didn't pay for this...".  Pls don't ask me to search the 4000 threads of all the exact same wedding topics 😂 I thiiiiiinnnnkkkkk (that's me thinking hard) it was on a facebook post?  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I think it was a smart idea to already have the caterer booked.  Just give the bill and you don't have to worry about what exactly they will eat.  "Okay, Jill.  Here is the caterer's bill for the rehearsal dinner, and you must come with us on the dress buying trip.  Then you are done with your responsibility."  I think that would be the safest way to deal with Jill.  Just plan everything, and tell Jill what she has to pay.  They probably let her "decorate" the table to make her feel like she is doing something.  I think Heidi"s family has Jill's number.

Edited by CalicoKitty
corrected autocorrect
  • Like 19
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think it was a smart idea to already have the caterer booked.  Just give the bill and you don't have to worry about what exactly they will eat.  "Okay, Jill.  Here is the caterer's bill for the rehearsal dinner, and you must come with us on the dress buying trip.  Then you are done with your responsibility."  I think that would be the safest way to deal with Jill.  Just plan everything, and tell Jill what she has to pay.  They probably let her "decorate" the table to make her feel like she is doing something.  I think Heidi"s family has Jills number.

A very plausible scenario. 

• Like 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

LOL! I told you so! 

Jill's handiwork is so easy to spot. 

Jill has posted a video of the rehearsal dinner. She dragged so much crap from home.

I laughed at the "Last fling before the Ring" decor next to Tim and Heidi's pic. Jill obviously has no idea what that means.

David blesses and prays over the couple while Jill plays to the camera. Because of course Renee or Tessie was filming the entire thing.🙄

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 8

Rehearsal Dinner.  😊 We had it catered by an AMAZING local, Italian Restaurant.   The food was delicious!  We were so glad to have a part in honoring Timothy and Heidi in this way! ❤️ Our prayer is that God was /is glorified through it all!  🙏🙏

Timothy Rodrigues

#rehearsaldinner 
#thenightbeforewedding 
#gloriousnight 
#maygodbemagnified

IMG_7901.jpeg

• LOL 17

Oh god, they sang.   Well you know Jill had to shoehorn her screeching in there somewhere.

If Jill chose the menu it would not have looked that good.   I think Tim did that bit and then let Jill and Dave claim they paid for it.   There is no way Jill paid for actual real portions of food for people.   

11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I bet Sam and Gabe can run the press. Renee on the stitcher, and the rest collating. Tessie can probably run the folder. That frees up Dave to drive the Amish. 

We don't know what Sammers does but is getting married soon.   He could be the one driving the Amish around.   We know Dave won't put in any effort for his own family, why would he for someone else?

• Like 11
47 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

.He could be the one driving the Amish around.   We know Dave won't put in any effort for his own family, why would he for someone else?

They both could be and Gabe is now 18 and has a license. Tax free cash for just driving while tuning out everyone else in the vehicle would be perfect for Dave. Dave can sit there and stare at his phone if he has to wait and take passengers back.

There have been sightings in wooster of Dave driving Amish and pulling a fishing boat. Flyers have possibly been seen offering the rod driving services. I have seen that mentioned several times on reddit, but never and actual pic of the flyer so...

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
16 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

They both could be and Gabe is now 18 and has a license. Tax free cash for just driving while tuning out everyone else in the vehicle would be perfect for Dave. Dave can sit there and stare at his phone if he has to wait and take passengers back.

There have been sightings in wooster of Dave driving Amish and pulling a fishing boat. Flyers have possibly been seen offering the rod driving services. I have seen that mentioned several times on reddit, but never and actual pic of the flyer so...

Um, haven't these people collectively had about 27 speeding tickets in the past few years?  And yet they offer "driving services?"  Wouldn't that be like giving Jill a job working the makeup counter at Macy's?

And I find it delightfully humorous that Ellen seemed to understand that if she offered Jill one table to destroy in honor of Tim and Heidi, then Jill would be somewhat placated and not run around adding her decorative touch to the entire venue when no one was looking.

• Like 13
  • LOL 9
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

LMAO. Heidi wouldn't let Jill sing during the wedding. Jill has met her match.

And you just know Jill would have done the full family intro, "fun facts" and all. Wonder what Renee would have said while "introducing" Phillip.

• LOL 13