Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I wonder if Plexus would be interested in knowing that they employ someone (or, rather, many people) who routinely and publicly breaks each of these codes of ethics?

The FB friend of mine that sells plexus is gay! Very, very nice couple. Jill could learn a thing or two from them. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 14

Plexus doesn't care.   As long as she is bringing in money to them and recruiting more suckers, they don't really care.   They will take money from anyone that is their real inclusionary policy.   

Jill is walking a fine line.   On the one hand, the grift tours are coming to an end as the kids age out, so she needs something else to bring in money other than Dave getting a job.   On the other hand, they have to keep the clearinghouse happy so that Dave can continue to get a check for hitting the print button.   

• Like 13
15 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Plexus doesn't care.   As long as she is bringing in money to them and recruiting more suckers, they don't really care.   They will take money from anyone that is their real inclusionary policy.   

Jill is walking a fine line.   On the one hand, the grift tours are coming to an end as the kids age out, so she needs something else to bring in money other than Dave getting a job.   On the other hand, they have to keep the clearinghouse happy so that Dave can continue to get a check for hitting the print button.   

Yea, I agree on Plexus, they just want the money. They probably don't care about Kaylee chugging it while breastfeeding either (and once she is pregnant again). 

The kids might be aging out, but she will make sure she keeps them looking bedraggled for as long as possible. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
(edited)

Part of a post by Ellen. While I don’t want anyone to be ill, this is ironic in a way.

Hey everyone yes I'm alive, lol. I know I have been MIA for quite some time, popping up every once in a while. 

I have been dealing with a mysterious illness for about a month. I should've come to the hospital sooner, but you know us mom's... Oh, it'll get better. It'll go away. We just don't have time to be sick. Until it just takes us down. 😔 😟 

I've been in the hospital since Tuesday night. I haven't eaten since Monday, because it is a digestion issue. I miss food. 

I have a diagnosis and they do have me on medication. They're doing everything they can to help me get better. ❤️

I just found out a few minutes ago I get to  eat soft food for lunch, which I am so excited about. 🙌😃

I have a list of foods I want to make at home when I am completely well. 😂

I miss my kids and I miss my home, but I know this is where I need to be for now. 🏥 

If you could please pray that the medication would start working quickly and I could get back to My favorite job ever, being a mom and wife again. 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨🥰

Edited by ginger90
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 14

Jill has let Janessa use her phone again.  It’s in her FB (and probably IG) stories.  You should watch it.  It’s her singing and she also says, “God is so faithful and so good to Jesus.”  She is so brainwashed.

• Sad 7
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Part of a post by Ellen. While don’t want anyone to be ill, this is ironic in a way.

Hey everyone yes I'm alive, lol. I know I have been MIA for quite some time, popping up every once in a while. 

I have been dealing with a mysterious illness for about a month. I should've come to the hospital sooner, but you know us mom's... Oh, it'll get better. It'll go away. We just don't have time to be sick. Until it just takes us down. 😔 😟 

I've been in the hospital since Tuesday night. I haven't eaten since Monday, because it is a digestion issue. I miss food. 

I have a diagnosis and they do have me on medication. They're doing everything they can to help me get better. ❤️

I just found out a few minutes ago I get to  eat soft food for lunch, which I am so excited about. 🙌😃

I miss my kids and I miss my home, but I know this is where I need to be for now. 🏥 

If you could please pray that the medication would start working quickly and I could get back to My favorite job ever, being a mom and wife again. 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨🥰

I was in the hospital with similar (I think I know what she has) about 5 years ago. I wasn't able to eat for a few days just some ice chips before my surgery. Then you get the broth/jello diet which I hate. I still remember, the doctor said I could eat soft foods, I figured I might graduate to pudding. I still remember my absolute joy when the woman brought my tray and told me I had chicken, noodles and carrots! 

the hospital didn't let you pick out your meals anymore, so it was a surprise. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill has let Janessa use her phone again.  It’s in her FB (and probably IG) stories.  You should watch it.  It’s her singing and she also says, “God is so faithful and so good to Jesus.”  She is so brainwashed.

Jill and Dave's response to being told their children are brainwashed.

" Oh sure, the world will read this and say that you are brain-washing them, but like my husband says, “I’d rather be ‘brain-washed’ than ‘brain-dirtied’………….smile."

source https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/another-shooting-2-13-16/ the one where Jill and dave go for concealed weapon training. Ugh

Edited by crazy8s
  • Sad 12
  • Angry 1
21 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill and Dave's response to being told their children are brainwashed.

" Oh sure, the world will read this and say that you are brain-washing them, but like my husband says, “I’d rather be ‘brain-washed’ than ‘brain-dirtied’………….smile.

source https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/another-shooting-2-13-16/ the one where Jill and dave go for concealed weapon training. Ugh

The sentence about the Walmart employee asking Jill who she uses for daycare… BULLSHIT!!  To quote several others: “Jill is a lying liar who lies.”

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The sentence about the Walmart employee asking Jill who she uses for daycare… BULLSHIT!!  To quote several others: “Jill is a lying liar who lies.”

WAs this the same Walmart employee she saved? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

WAs this the same Walmart employee she saved? 

no - Jill claims she and tiny olivia were just shopping at walmart and a random guy approached and asked what daycare olivia went too. Which launches Jill into her super superiority mode on the sad state of murica where ladies work and put children in daycare.

If that really happened Jill missed the real concern of the guy showing up at the daycare.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

no - Jill claims she and tiny olivia were just shopping at walmart and a random guy approached and asked what daycare olivia went too. Which launches Jill it to her super superiority mode on the sad state of murica where ladies work and put children in daycare.

If that really happened Jill missed the real concern of the guy showing up at the daycare.

Poor guy. Asks one question and gets a lecture. Also most people consider the sad state of daycare is how expensive it is and how hard it is to find one. 

• Like 13

So, if I'm understanding the Plexus code correctly: 

A blue haired, tattooed, lesbian single mom of 3 could sign up under Jill and she'd have to accept it. 

I love that for her.  (Jill, not the cool chick that would have to deal with Jill in any way)

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

So, if I'm understanding the Plexus code correctly: 

A blue haired, tattooed, lesbian single mom of 3 could sign up under Jill and she'd have to accept it. 

I love that for her.  (Jill, not the cool chick that would have to deal with Jill in any way)

Make the woman Muslim, Catholic or an Atheist and that would be even better!

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Part of a post by Ellen. While I don’t want anyone to be ill, this is ironic in a way.

Why didn’t Plexus cure this?  

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2

Can't add to my previous post. Grrr ..

Sam is graduating at the homeschool conference in Virginia that Nurie, Tim, and Kaylee graduated from prior to covid. 

Each student gets to write a little bio. Sam admitted that he's courting. We already knew that, but cat's officially out of the bag now! 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 8
(edited)

Rodrigues, Samuel Richard

“I am Samuel Rodrigues, the sixth oldest of 13 children. I have been homeschooled my entire life. It has been a joy and honor to serve the Lord in full time ministry with my family. We travel and sing, and I have helped in the print shop preparing Gospel tracts to spread around the world. I enjoy working with wood and look forward to getting a job in that capacity. I want to continue to serve the Lord faithfully in my family's local church in Ohio, while reaching souls for Christ. I am also blessed to be in a relationship with a God-fearing girl.

My life verse is Proverbs 15:3, "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good" (KJV). God sees ALL that I do. I want to strive to please Him always. He is so worthy! I feel blessed beyond measure.”

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Rodrigues, Samuel Richard

“I am Samuel Rodrigues, the sixth oldest of 13 children. I have been homeschooled my entire life. It has been a joy and honor to serve the Lord in full time ministry with my family. We travel and sing, and I have helped in the print shop preparing Gospel tracts to spread around the world. I enjoy working with wood and look forward to getting a job in that capacity. I want to continue to serve the Lord faithfully in my family's local church in Ohio, while reaching souls for Christ. I am also blessed to be in a relationship with a God-fearing girl.

My life verse is Proverbs 15:3, "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good" (KJV). God sees ALL that I do. I want to strive to please Him always. He is so worthy! I feel blessed beyond measure.”

I would hope he is in a relationship with a woman (or man), not someone underage (“girl”) 🙄

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

He's courting but also looking forward to getting a job.   What does he do now?   Other than perform on command for Mahmo and staple smiley tracts?   How he is going to support a wife with no money?

Also that is so sad, there is practiclly nothing of a personality in that post.   You could almost literally substitute in any of the other kids for all its individuality.   

• Like 14
  • Sad 4
54 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Also that is so sad, there is practiclly nothing of a personality in that post.   You could almost literally substitute in any of the other kids for all its individuality.   

That was what jumped out at me. There is nothing personal about him at all, you could be describing any one of the Rod kids in that message. When I had to write a blurb about myself when I graduated from high school it was all about what I had accomplished in high school, what I'd miss, next life steps, and goals. Poor Samuel, what a terribly boring life Jill and David give those kids.

• Like 17
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Sam's "graduation" is tomorrow. 

Compress_20240607_201955_5029.jpg

This makes me equal parts angry and sad. Angry at the parents, sad for Sammers and also his god fearing girl.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, LilJen said:

I would hope he is in a relationship with a woman (or man), not someone underage (“girl”) 🙄

OMG that was exactly my reaction, too. I think I love you!

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

He's courting but also looking forward to getting a job.   What does he do now?   Other than perform on command for Mahmo and staple smiley tracts?   How he is going to support a wife with no money?

And I don’t think he actually wrote it himself. He can barely speak English. If he did write it, someone severely edited it.

• Like 22

He can’t even string 2 sentences together. It boggles my mind that he is courting period. What job can he get that would support 2 people asap??? Guess his lady is 24 and is in a hurry to marry…

GL Sam you will certainly need it since you are totally unprepared for adulthood.

Jill and ofJill you are terrible parents.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

That was what jumped out at me. There is nothing personal about him at all, you could be describing any one of the Rod kids in that message. When I had to write a blurb about myself when I graduated from high school it was all about what I had accomplished in high school, what I'd miss, next life steps, and goals. Poor Samuel, what a terribly boring life Jill and David give those kids.

Did not even include his grift tour fun facts "I'm tall and I'm shy"

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

But there are no random capital letters or commas.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Graduate of 2024? Graduating CLASS of 2024 is the correct term. Since Sam wasn’t a member of any class I guess Jill thought Graduate of 2024 was appropriate. 

It isn’t.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

I read several of the bios of his fellow graduates. They were full of hobbies, activities, actual jobs, and dual enrollments. Most had plans for four year college, EVEN THE GIRLS. 

Sam really stuck out like a sore thumb. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Sad 16

I bet they brought the cowbells for when Sam crosses the stage. Jill was quite proud of herself that they made that spectacle of themselves at Nurie's graduation ceremony.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I must have missed it.  Who is Sam courting?

A Mennonite cosplayer named Brianna (Brianne?). She attends Nathan's church in Florida. They last met up over Memorial Day weekend at a young adults conference in MO. Renee acted as chaperone.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Could that dress BE any tighter? Always has to be the center of attention. 🙄

That’s awful - and definitely not modest by normal people’s standards.  

Why is he graduating from a VA home school association when they live in Ohio? Shouldn’t Ohio laws apply? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 18
  • Useful 1

Wowwww that’s one one tacky/tight/immodest dress. And high heels. I guess her SEVERELY injured knee is all better. And the shoulder… she sure squeezed herself in there.

Jill is so phony. To catch a new husband she will be wearing mini dresses and high heels!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

According to those who watched, most of the parents wore church attire. Some wore tee shirts with their kid's picture. None wore gowns. 

very true. A lot of casual sun dresses for the ladies. Jill walked out there like she was on the red carpet at some event with paparazzi waiting to take her pic. Dave was oblivious, as usual, and walked about 2 steps ahead of her.

There was one mom in a tiered, ruffled sun dress with loud print (think Kelly Bates and BSB pics) paired with Jill's white boots from nashville. 🤣

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

She wore this outfit to church??  I fell so bad for Sam and his siblings.  I wonder if they hear the laughter behind her back.

No, the graduation was part of a larger homeschool convention in Richmond, VA. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

That dress is not modest. I've seen pantsuits that are more modest. Just because it is a skirt doesn't make it godly. She looks like a cheap floozy and a stuffed sausage. David looks embarrassed.  

• Like 11
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1