Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I don't think they abide by any no sex on Sat/Sun rules. Or a lot of the other OT rules.

Sex is their weapon, entertainment, mode of control. They're not banning anything that doesn't block having children. They're also ok with things that don't necessarily produce children, but don't prevent them either. Use your imagination. 

• Love 2

I remember Michelle saying something like--when talking about the no sex for 40 days after a boy, 80 days after a girl--that JB was nice enough to go along with that rule. I take that to mean that whatever sex rules Gothard--or their own haphazard following of the OT--has made, I don't think it's a set a stone thing, more like a guideline that couples can follow at the husband's discretion. 

2 hours ago, lascuba said:

I remember Michelle saying something like--when talking about the no sex for 40 days after a boy, 80 days after a girl--that JB was nice enough to go along with that rule. I take that to mean that whatever sex rules Gothard--or their own haphazard following of the OT--has made, I don't think it's a set a stone thing, more like a guideline that couples can follow at the husband's discretion. 

635971434892005169473019248_tumblr_inlin

Um, more like how guidelines were handled on Pirates of the Caribbean?

• Love 3

I wonder if the Duggars will attend Tabitha's wedding now that the groom is outed as a rapist. 

Jim Bob is "scandal sensitive" since all those skeletons came bursting out of his closet. 

Bet the Duggars will be conveniently unavailable for this fiasco. No way is Jim Bob gonna have his picture all over social media with a rapist no matter how much God has forgiven him. 

The Duggars spoke at Gothard events for years. Gothard's fetishes were one of the worst-kept secrets ever. Like Smuggar, they will just proclaim Tim the Rapist "forgiven" and proceed as if this guy is a pillar of society, rather than a 46 year old creeper. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I wonder if the Duggars will attend Tabitha's wedding now that the groom is outed as a rapist. 

Jim Bob is "scandal sensitive" since all those skeletons came bursting out of his closet. 

Bet the Duggars will be conveniently unavailable for this fiasco. No way is Jim Bob gonna have his picture all over social media with a rapist no matter how much God has forgiven him. 

There's seems to be some truth to this since it is a fact/or a rumor that Muffy wasn't allowed to help assist the delivery of an unwed mother.

Even more disturbing is someone punishing an unwed mother with a home birth and the prospect of Muffy Midwife and Teresa the Toilet Doula (I'll love you forever for that one, Sew) to assist. 

• Love 7

Well, it's the patriarchy, so it's no wonder that the unwed, sinner mother was forced to have a homebirth that Saint Muffy, Medicine Woman, wasn't allowed to attend. A clear double-standard exists here. Forgive the men, but women are slut-shamed for the rest of their lives. 

• Love 6

Uhm, I don't think they have an issue with rapists.  They haven't been shy with their support of some of them. Don't think attending the wedding of a "forgiven" one will be any problem. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 8

Tim is such a creeper. We know Gothard is into feet and Timmy Boy got into trouble for forcing his way through the back door. Wondering how many other Gothard creepers there are out there.

Now Timmy Boy gets to marry the virginal daughter of ATI royalty. Almost like he feels he was "rewarded" in the end for his faithfulness. I'm a big believer in redemption, BUT most people who have redeemed themselves to God and/or society exhibit far more humility than this angry, arrogant little fuckwad.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it's the patriarchy, so it's no wonder that the unwed, sinner mother was forced to have a homebirth that Saint Muffy, Medicine Woman, wasn't allowed to attend. A clear double-standard exists here. Forgive the men, but women are slut-shamed for the rest of their lives. 

Funny that Boob would bar Muffy from helping assist in delivering the baby of an unwed mother when he thought nothing of marrying off his own creeper sister molesting son on TeeVee and covering up material facts from law enforcement.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

But...but...but JESUS!!!!!! He forgives creeper rapists, molesters, and serial cheaters!!!!! 

But after forgiving the offense does Jesus wipe away the character flaws that caused it? Its the Duggars lack of questioning the character of the sinner that I find sad and so very naïve.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Marigold said:

Josh can go. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Zahdii said:

That house was such a dump when they first moved in.  I wonder what it looks like now.  I know they have done a lot of work on it.

I notice no backsplash behind the stove.  That would drive me crazy, always cleaning a painted wall instead of tile.

They did make that house so much better though.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Who knew that marriage would be as successful as it appears to be.  Considering Prissy compared it to crucifixion, she may have had rather low expectations going in.

It's hard to say.  Prissy definitely didn't want to get married to David, but Daddy kept telling her it was God's will.  Being the dutiful daughter, Pris did as she was told to do and kept sweet.  David also made it clear he was forced into marriage by his parents, and I still think that he's punished Pris ever since. 

I still think David is gay, but unable to overcome his upbringing to admit it.  He certainly had more fun arranging the wedding than Pris did.  I think he was the one to choose her wedding gown, chose the flowers, the music, pretty much set the whole thing up.  It was a nice affair, if David ever comes out he'd make a nice wedding planner.  Can anyone find the picture where David is lying on top of Josh in the mud and David looks SO happy with his face only inches from Josh?  I wish I could remember just how that came to be.

• Love 15

As much as I think David is smug and arrogant, I feel really bad for him that he can't come out if he is indeed gay, because ATI and the stigma of being gay if you're a Fundy.  

Fortunately, being LGBTQ+ is something most people don't think too much about anymore, because most people now realize it's no big deal and doesn't define a person any more than eye color does and does not define their character or their faith. Sadly not the same acceptance to be found in Fundyland.  

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

No sex allowed on Saturdays

Probably doesn't matter to the Duggars. Since none of them have actual jobs, there's nothing special about Saturday; it's just another day. There's no "Hey, as long as we don't have to get up early and go to work tomorrow...wanna fool around?"

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Probably doesn't matter to the Duggars. Since none of them have actual jobs, there's nothing special about Saturday; it's just another day. There's no "Hey, as long as we don't have to get up early and go to work tomorrow...wanna fool around?"

Its not about work the next day. Its one of Gothard's "suggestions" based on the Old Testament about not having sex before a day of worship.

• Love 1
On 30/01/2017 at 7:38 AM, GeeGolly said:

https://tbarramblings.wordpress.com/2010/09/05/what-exactly-does-bill-gothard-teach/

... Gothard advocated couples follow such old covenant rules as abstaining from sexual relations:

• 1.  During a woman’s menstrual cycle
  • 2.  Seven days after the cycle
  • 3.  Forty days after the birth of a son 
  • 4.  80 days after the birth of a daughter and
  •  5. The evening prior to worship. 

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2011/12/mr-gothards-sexual-rules-part-2/ 

... Mr. Gothard’s approach to having self-control – don’t have sex for 14 days out of each month.

I seem to remember someone on these boards once saying that if you follow these rules to the letter, you're basically always having sex in the woman's most fertile window each month. No wonder the women are constantly pregnant.  Breeding for Gothard!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Its not about work the next day. Its one of Gothard's "suggestions" based on the Old Testament about not having sex before a day of worship.

There's nothing in the Old Testament about not having sex before a day of worship.  That's all from old Mr. Gothard!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Mollie said:

There's nothing in the Old Testament about not having sex before a day of worship.  That's all from old Mr. Gothard!

That's why I said "suggestions" because Gothard pulls from the OT or leads his followers to believe his interpretations are commandments from scripture.

I'm confused as to why anyone would follow a "religious leader" that was so fixated on dictating your sex life.....  If I went to a church service and the pastor began telling me when I could and couldn't have sex with Mr T, I would be outta there.   So absurd.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

That's why I said "suggestions" because Gothard pulls from the OT or leads his followers to believe his interpretations are commandments from scripture.

Yeah, the same cult that criticizes Catholicism as a cult. At least the Catholic Church has reams of transcripts from documented arguments for and against WHY provisions within the canon and canon law were decided, no doubt by lengthy scholarly arguments and considerations that went far beyond preference for long flowing curls and open toed footwear.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

No sex the EVENING before worship. You can bone all day long until it's time for your daughters to cook dinner for you. 

LOL, I was just going on memory. So fundies, enjoy your Saturday mornings and afternoons, especially if she's ovulating. That's bonus points.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

LOL, I was just going on memory. So fundies, enjoy your Saturday mornings and afternoons, especially if she's ovulating. That's bonus points.

This is some seriously messed up shit! It boggles the mind that such nonsense is embraced readily by people too quick to call any other mainstream denomination a cult..

.please Lord, I only need ONE phone call to go back to work so I don't have to think about how batshit crazy the Duggars and their ilk are anymore 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

.please Lord, I only need ONE phone call to go back to work so I don't have to think about how batshit crazy the Duggars and their ilk are anymore 

Good luck with your phone call.  I hope it goes your way.  :)

• Love 3

Funny how they talk about no sex before worship. Every devoutly IFB I ever knew would humblebrag about being in church "whenever the doors were open"...which meant Sunday am and Sunday evening as well as Wednesday evening...unless he strictly meant Sabbath which according to Jews is still Saturday and not Sunday..

Yeah, I'm overthinking it...but looks like that means another 2 nights a week sex is verboten?

Depends if they're going to Wednesday night services, I guess. If so, that takes out Tuesday night, Saturday night, and the time during and   week after the monthlies. Which puts the woman at peak fertility when they CAN have sweet fellowship. Gothard knew what he was doing to grow his cult. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Depends if they're going to Wednesday night services, I guess. If so, that takes out Tuesday night, Saturday night, and the time during and   week after the monthlies. Which puts the woman at peak fertility when they CAN have sweet fellowship. Gothard knew what he was doing to grow his cult. 

It leaves so few opportunities for sweet fellowship that the poor wife would receive a stern rebuke should she refuse her headship.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, Albanyguy said:

We've now established that Saturday night is off limits but the rest of Saturday seems free.  And, even if any of them did get an actual  job, I suspect fundie sexy times don't take a lot effort.  I'm betting JB & M take less than 10 minutes from start to finish.  Given how empty their free time seems to be, they should have plenty of  time to get busy.  You heat a dinner, clean up, read some bible verses, next thing you know it's time for bed - nudge, nudge, wink, wink.    If you're Michelle, you get to skip everything but go to bed.   

• Love 2
On 2/6/2017 at 8:29 PM, Mollie said:

Not exactly.  There were times when God commanded the Israelites to abstain in preparation for worship or meeting with God.  For example, everyone was explicitly told to abstain before the giving of the Law at Sinai.  There are other times when it's implied as you weren't allowed to do such-and-so if you were ceremonially unclean, and when you had sexual relations you were considered ceremonially unclean for the rest of the day.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, louannems said:

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3181

JillR talks about how GRUELING life on the road in the RV is.  And she blogs about a night in a hotel and bedbugs.  And how we need to nip our spiritual bedbugs in the bud!

Just the thought of being stuck in an RV with JRod, Chimpy, 11 traveling minstrels and one still being breastfed Baby in a Cage is grueling to the point that thinking too much about it would me break out in hives or give me a headache.

• Love 5

JRod put out her grifting/feed my kids minstrel show schedule.  They are annoying  people in Florida and also have planned a picnic with the Kellers (aka Anna Duggar's precious parents) later this month. Way to fame whore it Jill. She just can't help herself.

• Love 1