Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Renee has the misfortune of fine, thin hair. I have the same with a dose of very high forehead thrown in for added oomph. The “Jilly” hair style does not suit our hair at all.  It only emphasises the fineness.  I am lucky in that my hair actually grows rather quickly so I can change styles and cut fringes and weird layers and follow Brad Mondo myself.  Renee doesn’t have autonomy over her own hair and it doesn’t seem to grow very quickly either.  She would probably look good in a below ear length layered bob, blow dried with a few waves (NOT CURLS) for some body.  That would be a fresh new look for her.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A prior discussion was about the china cabinet in Kaylee’s kitchen. Was it blocking the door? Yup, this is a screenshot from a video.

9A0BB3FB-1C0A-4058-B59B-451257907BAE.jpeg

.Sadie is now 10.

858C6352-8AAD-4C2E-A6DF-8DFB66C22E2B.jpeg

Can someone tell me what “cozy” has to do with getting a manicure? 🤔

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 9

Jill will probably have a nervous breakdown when she takes Janessa in for her "now you're 10 and you get a manicure" celebration. It's a good thing these "traditions" are all in her mind. Otherwise Sadie's due for a Build-a-Bear experience in 5 years. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
51 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

It's a good thing these "traditions" are all in her mind. Otherwise Sadie's due for a Build-a-Bear experience in 5 years. 

Yes. Jill just invents these "traditions" based on her current interests and gives them a history. The Build-a-Bear party at age 15 seems to have disappeared, short-lived as it was. Jill lost interest in stuffed animals and moved on. (I'm glad the boys are now spared this childish experience, so good riddance.)  Now, we get the tenth-birthday manicure. Jill probably realized she needed a professional to remove the twenty layers of glittery home polish so she could get her stubby nails decorated for Christmas. A tradition is born.  

My favorite tradition-that-never-happened was the annual family reunion Jill proudly declared the year they had the beach house in Texas, a fairy ride away. Jill expected that the owner, Nathan's sister, would give the Rods free use of the house every year so the family could descend on the place, trash the interior, leave the grill caked with grease, clog the pool filter with their long hair and denim swimwear, and complain about the bikini-wearing women on the nearby beach. Oh, well. There are plenty of Plexus events to tempt Jill now, and those don't require spending time with kids. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 16

I suspect all of Jill's tradition stem from what she can grift.  She probably had gift cards to the build a bear store and now someone gave her a gift card for a manicure.  I'm sure there will be some other tradition when some sucker gives her money or a gift card for something else.

• Like 13

Have Jill's kids every had a birthday when Jill hasn't received something too? She seems to get a meal out of it at the very least.

So Jill basically has 14 birthdays and a couple of wedding anniversaries a year. Never mind the countless baby showers, which the last one was arranged to be a Jill shower, she's had.

I want to see a lineup of all of Jill's souvenir sweatshirt blouses too. I bet they outnumber her stuffed animals.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Have Jill's kids every had a birthday when Jill hasn't received something too? She seems to get a meal out of it at the very least.

So Jill basically has 14 birthdays and a couple of wedding anniversaries a year. Never mind the countless baby showers, which the last one was arranged to be a Jill shower, she's had.

I want to see a lineup of all of Jill's souvenir sweatshirt blouses too. I bet they outnumber her stuffed animals.

And don’t forget the glittering baseball bonnets!

• LOL 15
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I can’t forget how Dave got a brownie for himself and was eating it and 2 of his daughters were staring hungrily at that brownie. That pissed me off.

The same thing happened when they were in a laundromat and David and Jill were eating a candy bar, while the kids got nothing.  They’re two of the worst parents on the planet.

• Like 7
  • Sad 13
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A prior discussion was about the china cabinet in Kaylee’s kitchen. Was it blocking the door? Yup, this is a screenshot from a video.

9A0BB3FB-1C0A-4058-B59B-451257907BAE.jpeg

.Sadie is now 10.

858C6352-8AAD-4C2E-A6DF-8DFB66C22E2B.jpeg

6 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I suspect all of Jill's tradition stem from what she can grift.  She probably had gift cards to the build a bear store and now someone gave her a gift card for a manicure.  I'm sure there will be some other tradition when some sucker gives her money or a gift card for something else.

I was going to say, if those nails weren’t free, those who donate to them might be ticked off at the unnecessary spending. I would rather see the money going to good food or proper medical care…

(also not super excited about the indoctrination into toxic femininity.)

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 11

Back when they were really struggling, I seem to remember Jill telling a story about some ice cream that was about to be thrown out or very recently so, and she described, in great detail, how she retrieved it and how much she enjoyed the treat and didn't share it with anyone.  So I'd imagine Jill gets what Jill wants at all times. And if anyone else benefits,  it's only because of her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

I used to treat myself to a manicure every two weeks, a few years back when I could more easily afford it.  A mani with gel polish ran me nearly $50 with tip. If Jill didn’t grift a gift certificate from some unsuspecting mark, she spent nearly $100 on something that will last a week, two if Sadie isn’t too hard on her nails.  Keeping things in perspective, a week’s groceries for my family of four big eaters at Aldi runs around $100-150.  For what she spent on unnecessary manicures, Jill could have bought food for a nice dinner for the whole family and had the girl slaves bake a cake.  And still had enough left over for a small gift for Sadie.  I legit can not comprehend where this extra money comes from, because I know it’s not Plexus. 

• Like 18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, beckie said:

Back when they were really struggling, I seem to remember Jill telling a story about some ice cream that was about to be thrown out or very recently so, and she described, in great detail, how she retrieved it and how much she enjoyed the treat and didn't share it with anyone.  So I'd imagine Jill gets what Jill wants at all times. And if anyone else benefits,  it's only because of her.

She claims to have retrieved the ice cream from her trash. There was like a tiny melted amount left. Jill claims she ate it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
53 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Didn't she eat a pineapple in front of the kids, and they were all practically drooling?  I wonder if these kids will grow up to treat their children in the same way.  What a poor excuse for a parent.

I think she drank a coconut while her kids watched.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9

In more current news, Jill took down Renee's hair post. I hope it was at Renee's request. 

Also, Renee's salvation story is going around. I think it's on the Joy Baptist website, but anotnurierodrigues IG also posted it. Not fully saved until 18. She cried a little when talking about her last test, which must be the breakup with MM. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 13
  • Useful 1

Jill has put herself in a pickle - poor mom of deprived children or successful Plexus Boss Babe. Kind of hard to tell both lies simultaneously as they each hurt the other's game, but Jill still tries. This woman wouldn't know the truth if it hit her in the face.

Surely there must be a shit section in heaven, even for the 'good Christians'. Like a section for liars who lie, a section for grifting couch potatoes, a section for judgmental assholes, etc.

I hope Jill ends up in the nosebleed section, behind a pole.

• Like 8
  • LOL 14
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

My favorite tradition-that-never-happened was the annual family reunion Jill proudly declared the year they had the beach house in Texas, a fairy ride away. Jill expected that the owner, Nathan's sister, would give the Rods free use of the house every year so the family could descend on the place, trash the interior, leave the grill caked with grease, clog the pool filter with their long hair and denim swimwear, and complain about the bikini-wearing women on the nearby beach. Oh, well. There are plenty of Plexus events to tempt Jill now, and those don't require spending time with kids. 

Oh gosh, the "fairy ride." I'm kind of relieved to know I'm not the only one who remembered that. 

Explanation: when the family left for that big vacay trip to Texas, Timbits wasn't with them.  I don't remember where he was - probably living at the Barndo or in the camper in the driveway. But for some reason (work?) he left later than the rest of the family, and drove down to Texas alone. He posted on SM about how he got in his car all tired, and then did the long drive, and barely made it on to the "fairy" [boat] to get across some body of water on the way. I wonder if Mahmo had supplied him with some kind of Plexus energy drinks to keep him fueled for that sleep-deprived long long road trip. IIRC he was praising Jesus for getting him onto the fairy in time.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Oh gosh, the "fairy ride." I'm kind of relieved to know I'm not the only one who remembered that. 

Explanation: when the family left for that big vacay trip to Texas, Timbits wasn't with them.  I don't remember where he was - probably living at the Barndo or in the camper in the driveway. But for some reason (work?) he left later than the rest of the family, and drove down to Texas alone. He posted on SM about how he got in his car all tired, and then did the long drive, and barely made it on to the "fairy" [boat] to get across some body of water on the way. I wonder if Mahmo had supplied him with some kind of Plexus energy drinks to keep him fueled for that sleep-deprived long long road trip. IIRC he was praising Jesus for getting him onto the fairy in time.

I believe trip also involved Tim's trying to buy a plane ticket online and ending up going to the airport to stand in a long line, only to find nothing available. He was frantic because Mahmo expected him to arrive on schedule for the start of her big reunion, so he decided to drive even though he was exhausted. 

It never occurred to Jill to let Tim rest and come a day late. Jill wasn't going to give Tim a break, even considering that Amy's paralysis happened because her husband fell asleep while driving. When Mahmo wants something, she had better get it stat.  Nothing and no one gets in the way of making BME happy. 

I'm happy that "family reunion at the free house in Texas" went the way of "build-a-bear birthday adventure" to add to Jill's stuffed animal collection. Some traditions deserve to be washed away in the drainage ditch. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 8
  • LOL 2

Only because the owner of the TX house isn’t offering it for free anymore.

Jill made a post before begging for a free vacation house…

Never occurs to Jill/Dave to get a job and pay for vacation houses/trips themselves. What entitled/lazy people.

• Like 15
  • Applause 5
20 hours ago, beckie said:

Jill posted a photo of the thrown away carton of ice cream.  Really, it was only gross melted sludge left on the bottom.  I doubt she ate it.  I always wondered if that story was to remind her grifters that they were indeed thrifty and so poor they had to eat trash.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jill posted a photo of the thrown away carton of ice cream.  Really, it was only gross melted sludge left on the bottom.  I doubt she ate it.  I always wondered if that story was to remind her grifters that they were indeed thrifty and so poor they had to eat trash.

Well Jill and Dave are trash parents and humans so that describes them perfectly 

• Like 8
46 minutes ago, louannems said:

She said she ate it. But you're right.  It did look more like melted sludge.  Either way, SHE consumed it. She didn't even think to share it with that group of kids she claims to love so much.

47 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I had to look that up. I don't think I've ever seen "contenting" used, and I read. A lot. 😀

Between the misuse  of commas and "contenting" I weep for her children's education.  Poor (and Kaylee) doesn't know any better. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 16
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I believe trip also involved Tim's trying to buy a plane ticket online and ending up going to the airport to stand in a long line, only to find nothing available. He was frantic because Mahmo expected him to arrive on schedule for the start of her big reunion, so he decided to drive even though he was exhausted.

from timothy "hopping on mama's fb". Timmy prayed him showing up at the airport in person would get him on a flight.

august 2021

"Hello, everyone, this is Timothy Rodrigues! Well, it all started Monday. I started getting message from Spirit Airlines that my flight was being delayed from Cleveland, Ohio to Orlando, Florida; and my flight from Orlando, Florida to Houston, Texas got canceled. Well after hours of being on the phone and online no one was really a help at all. So, I decided to just go to the airport and hope and pray everything would work out. Sorry to say that after hours of standing in line (as everyone was trying to figure out what the plan was because Spirit Airlines canceled about 800 flights) I finally got up to the counter and asked, “If I fly to Orlando Florida will I be stranded there or can you get me on another flight?” She replied, “Let me see.” She then said, “Well, if you take your flight to Orlando, Florida, you will be stranded in Orlando and I don’t have another option for you!"

So, at that point I was praying I would at least get a refund. Well, my prayer came true, and I did get a refund. At this point though I was thinking, "Well now how am I going to get to TX?!" I had driven long distances before, but I had time to sleep and mentally prepare for it. This time I was thinking I was flying and could take a nap on the plane and had already been up for about 18 hours. After some consideration I decided to go ahead and take the 23 hour drive (and that doesn’t include stops or traffic)! Well I hit the road running got some gas, coffee, and food, and I was ready to go! After a long trip about 25 hours of driving which included traffic, and a 30 hour total trip time which included stops, traffic, and cat naps I finally made it!!! Which that beats my previous driving record of 24 hours! Well after 48 hours of being up 25 hours of drive time, and a 30 hour total trip I am thankful to be in TX safely, and am definitely going to enjoy this vacation. Bye for now, and have a great day."

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

1E509387-AE1E-4AB6-8E23-B751BC98DFAB.jpeg

Is "contenting" an actual word?  How odd to see that, and the random comma.  

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I had to look that up. I don't think I've ever seen "contenting" used, and I read. A lot. 😀

I posted before I read this.  Very strange to see that!

• Like 3

Gosh, I hope Timmay's tale contains some Mahmo-style exaggeration. Who wants to be on a highway with a guy who's been awake for 18 hours and then "hits the road running" for a 25-hour drive that stretches to 30 hours with traffic, stops, and cat naps? 

I'm sure BME was proud of her little highway menace for putting his own and other people's lives in danger. He obviously arrived in time for the family photoshoot and a trip to the supermarket with Nathan to stock up on food for the unfed hoard.

• Like 9
  • Sad 8
18 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Gosh, I hope Timmay's tale contains some Mahmo-style exaggeration. Who wants to be on a highway with a guy who's been awake for 18 hours and then "hits the road running" for a 25-hour drive that stretches to 30 hours with traffic, stops, and cat naps? 

I'm sure BME was proud of her little highway menace for putting his own and other people's lives in danger. He obviously arrived in time for the family photoshoot and a trip to the supermarket with Nathan to stock up on food for the unfed hoard.

From what I can recall, Timmay did not exaggerate this story.  When Mamho expects you to show up, you show up tout suite.  I also recall how this was a known problem with Spirit Airlines that was a national news story the day before Timmay's first flight.  I get being young and not accustomed to air travel, but Timmay was an utter idiot through this whole ordeal.  Showing up to the airport was not going to get him on a plane, and said airport was over an hour out of his way.  He should have just stayed at home and attempted to see if Spirit could get him on a different flight a day or two later.  Or committed to driving the day before his flight and prepped.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 4

I hope I'm misreading, but when I read "contenting" it makes me think J&K let Gideon cry rather than checking on him, and to comfort himself, he has to suck his thumb. It reminds me of Janessa with her blanket.  I would think J&K would check on him to make sure he's OK, and I understand not picking him up every time he cries, but reading that makes me feel a little sad for Gideon.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 15
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm sure BME was proud of her little highway menace for putting his own and other people's lives in danger. He obviously arrived in time for the family photoshoot

His selfies on the trip show him wearing the same shirt while driving that he wore in the family photo shoot.

How convenient he drove 30 hours wearing the exact color coordinated shirt for mama's photo shoot.😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 9