Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

930FBBC2-D639-47E6-BA96-F808EBA49C32.jpeg

The last few days have been packed full and crazy busy, but I wouldn't trade it for the WORLD to be around these DEAR people I love!  😊🥰  Some may look at our family and think we "have it all together".  😅  But we all know that we are human at best.  We make mistakes.  We get irritated at each other.  🤣  We are simply a bunch of sinners saved by grace....striving to get along.  

The description of family was once worded like this.....  "Although we tend to unravel at times, we can always be stitched back together with love."  

How is the relationship with YOUR parents, YOUR children, YOUR aunts, YOUR uncles, YOUR grandparents, YOUR spouse, etc?  If it is broken, I encourage you to choose forgiveness and love and resolve your differences today!  Life is too short to hold grudges.  ❤️

It is a beautiful thing to walk in peace, but it takes work. ️  God will bless your hard work and desires, if you don't give up.  🙏 

Enjoy this time of year....for tis the season to be jolly!  <3 

Ephesians 4:32 "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

Does anyone else takes pictures of their driveway to post them on SM?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 14

I wonder what types of video games Sammers plays on the map?  

I do have a question…was a gaming system given to the Rods as part of a grift?  In a world where 20ish-year-old young men are given Hobby Lobby $5 clearance tchotchkes for Christmas, I seriously doubt Mahmo and DBD sprung for a PlayStation.  

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

She wasn’t sure the pictures of zillions of people in her home would convince anyone  they had company for Thanksgiving. Had to show all the cars 

• LOL 13
16 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

One can do "manly'" cooking like grilling or chili.   But every day cooking that actually sustains the family -- that's women's work.   And Jill doesn't do that either.

What makes chili “manly,” I wonder?

• LOL 8

The manly men can cook chili because it is a competition. You just know they would take the approach of hotter is better and try to top each other with chili powder, jalepenos, ghost pepper etc.

They also probably equate chili as manly cowboy food from the cattle drive days or meals for manly males who go to hunting camp.

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I wonder what types of video games Sammers plays on the map?  

I do have a question…was a gaming system given to the Rods as part of a grift?  In a world where 20ish-year-old young men are given Hobby Lobby $5 clearance tchotchkes for Christmas, I seriously doubt Mahmo and DBD sprung for a PlayStation.  

Maybe my brother’s old Atari ???

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

There isn’t one chili in those pictures that look appetizing. Just slop. No way hunk or any of the other men made chili because according to Jill on several occasions cooking is women’s work… what’s changed all the sudden? These people piss me off 

We had a chili cook off at work, prepandemic. I remember someone made a vegetarian one that was just a crockpot if kidney beans. It was pretty bad. 

I make chicken or turkey chili with 3 kinds of beans, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. In keeping with the way my mom made it, we have it with rice. Is it the greatest? I don't know but we like it. 

The ones they have pictured don't look real saucy. 

• Like 10
5 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I did when my son was snowblowing about 3 feet of snow. When my driveway is full of cars, I'm most likely inside offering food and drinks to the car owners!

• Like 11
  • Love 1
On 11/23/2023 at 4:35 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Do these people have  any sense at all?  Will they cry persecution when her purse or wallet is stolen?  Who goes shopping in a grocery store with their purse open in a cart?  I don't care how close they are, purse snatchers can work very fast.  Oh, that's right.  They are protected because they are so special.

Wait.... did she try pulling this scam? That was one of my favorites when I managed stores. It was usually after Thanksgiving but before Christmas, random women would claim they had their purse open or an envelope with all their Christmas money in it and it suddenly seemed they had lost their money. They would tell customers in hope some moron would give them cash until a manager would finally catch wind go them and start following them around until they finally left with little to no money. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 6
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

In her latest radio show, she said that "fear kills more people than death." Last time I checked, people can be fearful and survive. Yet they will definitely die some day. 

Oh Jill...😂

Yes! Fear is something living beings experience. Death is dead. Fear can be experienced multiple times and we only die once. Fear may cause someone to make a questionable decision and may contribute to a death, but fear alone kills no one.

And... if fear is so lethal, why does JillR practice a fear based faith?

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

In her latest radio show, she said that "fear kills more people than death." Last time I checked, people can be fearful and survive. Yet they will definitely die some day. 

Oh Jill...😂

I don’t listen to her radio show, so I don’t know the context here. That said, I have a friend who often posts similar thoughts. It’s her excuse for not following doctors’ advice and accepted best practices to prevent illnesses etc.  she shames  people who do follow best practices as being fearful. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Sad 10
43 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t listen to her radio show, so I don’t know the context here. That said, I have a friend who often posts similar thoughts. It’s her excuse for not following doctors’ advice and accepted best practices to prevent illnesses etc.  she shames  people who do follow best practices as being fearful. 

I should have included in my post that fear can save lives. Fear of woolly mammoths, fear of extreme weather, fear of ill health, fear of death, etc.

Fear, with a sprinkle of intelligence, can compel us to make great decisions to protect ourselves.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 18
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh Jill...😂

wouldn't the people who fear killed also be ... dead?

I know, logic and Jill have never met.

• Like 13
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Like using seat belts and stopping at red lights?

• Like 7
16 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Those chilis look gross. I'm sure all any of those 'cooks' did was open a bunch of cans and empty them into a pot. 

The fire department has been notified about Sammy's cake. 

Hey now canned chili has spices and is edible haha.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Jill's example made no sense. She talked about Kaylee getting into a car accident. She made a rolling stop (DBD was with her, probably provided this tidbit) at a red ight and made a  right turn. She was hit by someone who ran the light (and accused of being drunk, just like in the Nurthan accident). That was it. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
58 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's example made no sense. She talked about Kaylee getting into a car accident. She made a rolling stop (DBD was with her, probably provided this tidbit) at a red ight and made a  right turn. She was hit by someone who ran the light (and accused of being drunk, just like in the Nurthan accident). That was it. 

If she made a rolling stop at a red light and made a right turn… she ran the light.  If she was rear ended, she was rear ended by someone who most likely had the green light.  Is she implying that someone coming from the opposite direction turned left on the same red light? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

If she made a rolling stop at a red light and made a right turn… she ran the light.  If she was rear ended, she was rear ended by someone who most likely had the green light.  Is she implying that someone coming from the opposite direction turned left on the same red light? 

Jill didn't go into detail, other than to imply that the "drunk driver" was at fault. The story didn't have much to do with fear, since when you parse it, Kaylee didn't even know what was coming.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
On 10/26/2023 at 5:01 AM, laurakaye said:

I listened to a tiny bit of the Rod's latest church takeover, this time with Sam and Gabriel "preaching."  In those precious 15 seconds, I reached my limit of "ummmm's" for the rest of the year.

Not everyone is meant to preach, Jill.  Sammers couldn't even spit out a complete sentence while reading directly from the Bible but then, look who taught him to read.

I listened to just a few seconds of each.  Gabriel said that “evil abortion bill” was probably rigged. Samual struggled just to speak.

• Sad 10
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Yeah I had the same thought, a rolling stop at the light is running the light herself, which means cross traffic likely had the green.

I suppose if you squint, she could have been hit by someone behind her that was also running the same light, only at a faster speed.  Or Jill doesn't know the difference between "traffic light" and "red light"

Someone should have gotten a citation for that, but without us knowing when it happened and where it might be hard to find. 

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, peppergal said:

Yeah I had the same thought, a rolling stop at the light is running the light herself, which means cross traffic likely had the green.

I suppose if you squint, she could have been hit by someone behind her that was also running the same light, only at a faster speed.  Or Jill doesn't know the difference between "traffic light" and "red light"

Someone should have gotten a citation for that, but without us knowing when it happened and where it might be hard to find. 

I figured the cross light was yellow, and Kaylee did a runner, not considering people running the yellow. 

• Like 4
On 11/21/2023 at 7:27 AM, GeeGolly said:

There must be a sign saying no children under 13 (18?) are allowed on the exercise machines. Janessa's lovey could could get sucked into a treadmill or tangled in other equipment. Kids can wipe out on treadmills and get road rash like burns. Weights can be dropped on little feet. 

Its a wonder these kids haven't had more injuries than they've had.

And one of the older kids is drinking coffee, or hot chocolate, in the exercise room.

• Mind Blown 8
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Mahmo got a new hat. Dave bought it for her. How many souvenirs does this greedy woman need? The hat lights up. 

Also, isn't Christmas Jesus's birthday? How does that hat figure in? 

I suggest she wear it when she does her annual "heathens have lost the true meaning of Christmas" rant. Maybe the lights will glow every time she says something foolish.

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

"Making memories' while Jill tells someone off camera they really don't like the music or aren't fans of the music and "they want old fashioned christmas carols". Renee pipes up "i know right?" and Dave says "alright that's enough of that junk"

Hey Jill maybe don't try to make your Christmas memories in a store parking lot at thanksgiving on the way home from church.

Also, Jill you have 6 adult children, so if Nurie, Tim and Kaylee are to be away, HALF of your adults would still be home to receive their dollar store gift.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9
  • Sad 9
  • Applause 1
On 11/26/2023 at 6:47 AM, Future Cat Lady said:

Always, especially when I want to make a point about staying close to your aunts and uncles or .... something?

On 11/26/2023 at 8:00 AM, AstridM said:

What makes chili “manly,” I wonder?

It's competitive chili, and only men are competitive. Women are servants

• Sad 4
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, heckkitty said:

It's competitive chili, and only men are competitive. Women are servants

And the women can only compete in grape pie baking, fudge making, etc, when it is judged by the menfolk.

• Sad 6