Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Back to DBD and the PawPaw Tunnel.   This could be why they were in Maryland recently.    NOT for ministry but a court date.    That summons was not a pay and go on your way.   It was a show up in court.   It's federal so I can't get on PACER and pull the paperwork.   Remember, National Parks are federal, you commit any crime, even jaywalking, and its federal court, not state.   

He paid the fines in September. He had his court date then, slipping in and out of Maryland undetected (or unposted by Jill).

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6

She definitely posted in September that she and David were in Maryland, she just didn't give the reason why, and posted a few days later per her usual blurring of the timeline. Ironically, she stopped to take pictures at another monument. Not a federal one, but still. Hope they didn't deface that one. 

This was her post from Sep 25 near Frederick, MD. He appeared in court Sep 12 and the final payment was received on Sep 20.

MD.thumb.jpg.e9f763f4eb8bb9ca59a760ae224cfa7b.jpg

Edited by all fall down
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 8
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I wonder who paid? 🤔

Do these people have  any sense at all?  Will they cry persecution when her purse or wallet is stolen?  Who goes shopping in a grocery store with their purse open in a cart?  I don't care how close they are, purse snatchers can work very fast.  Oh, that's right.  They are protected because they are so special.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/22/2023 at 2:18 PM, CalicoKitty said:

I was wondering how long it would take Jill to post something about the pictures Tim and Heidi posted.  She must be seething, and will probably double down on the "dating" behavior of the other kids in the future.  I hope the others find less restrictive families that will allow them in.  I think Tim has really lucked out.  I fear for the future of younger ones.

I’m just praying that Timothy will treat Heidi like a queen and not turn into Mahmo once they say “I do.”

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I wonder who paid? 🤔

Just what mom of two wants to do after traveling, go grocery shopping for Thanksgiving for 15+. Obviously Nathan paid, because a decent mother who wasn’t a raging narcissist would have everything ready so her child could have a relaxing holiday. 

• Like 20
4 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Just what mom of two wants to do after traveling, go grocery shopping for Thanksgiving for 15+. Obviously Nathan paid, because a decent mother who wasn’t a raging narcissist would have everything ready so her child could have a relaxing holiday. 

And Jill acts like she's going to actually cook. I figure that's Renee and Tessie's job these days. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 2
On 11/22/2023 at 5:37 PM, satrunrose said:

I'm sure Tim and the sluttish frontal hugs came into it, but Saint Nurie and the Sunshine Band (ahem, girl) held hands on Mahmo driven engagement photoshoots, so they're not living up to DBD's  purity standards either.

PS. Tim and the Sluttish Frontal Hugs would make the weirdest Fundie picture book title. 

Tim and the Sluttish Frontal Hugs would make a good band name, too!

• Like 12
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Who all are the extra people?    

Of course Tim is there, probably Mahmo threatened if he dared to spend a holiday with his fiancee's family that she would call off the wedding.   He knows she would too, so he complied.   Tim is trying so hard to break away but he knowsbased on past history how she behaves if she doesn't get her way.   After all, they beat any bit of independence out of him.   

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Who all are the extra people?    

I think they are Jill's parents, her sister Amy, and Amy's husband and kids. I'm happy to be corrected if I'm mistaken. I believe that we see Amy in the photo posted by @ginger90; Amy's at the end of the table closest to the camera, leaning back to be in the shot, because her chair is not facing the camera.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think they are Jill's parents, her sister Amy, and Amy's husband and kids. I'm happy to be corrected if I'm mistaken. I believe that we see Amy in the photo posted by @ginger90; Amy's at the end of the table closest to the camera, leaning back to be in the shot, because her chair is not facing the camera.

I thought I saw Mama Noyes back there, but didn't recognize the rest.   That makes sense.   Jill would have her family over when she can brag about what a great hostess she is.   While the girls do all the work.   Then everyone goes home before she actually has to do anything.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I thought I saw Mama Noyes back there, but didn't recognize the rest.   That makes sense.   Jill would have her family over when she can brag about what a great hostess she is.   While the girls do all the work.   Then everyone goes home before she actually has to do anything.

Everyone goes home and eats dinner.

1 hour ago, AstridM said:

“A part,” Timothy. 🤦‍♀️

I would like to say that is a typo, but I know it isn't.

What a nice message from Heidi's mom.  And Tim's response is nice, too.  This is one time I am pretty sure that Jill did not write a message and sign Tim's name.  (Also, no random capital letters.)

• Like 12
  • LOL 4

I don't know whether to feel sorry for the lone kid at the desk or secretly be happy for him to be away from all the hair and elbows.

All that long, loose hair. Likely prior to and during the cooking and then at almost every table. I'm gagging as I type this.

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know whether to feel sorry for the lone kid at the desk or secretly be happy for him to be away from all the hair and elbows.

All that long, loose hair. Likely prior to and during the cooking and then at almost every table. I'm gagging as I type this.

I'm sure the Fosters and Hillegasses brought plenty of the food. Just had to be warmed up. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
57 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm sure the Fosters and Hillegasses brought plenty of the food. Just had to be warmed up. 

Likely. But they have a lot of hair among them too. 👩🏽👩🏽👩🏽👩🏽👧🏽👧🏽👧🏽👧🏽🤢🤮

• LOL 6
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Likely. But they have a lot of hair among them too. 👩🏽👩🏽👩🏽👩🏽👧🏽👧🏽👧🏽👧🏽🤢🤮

Sure. But I give them credit for brains. The Rods receive no quarter. 🤪

Typo
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
50 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The kid eating by himself is the smartest one. I’d do the same lol.

Me too. You get elbow room, and you don’t have to pass anything. Never sit in the middle at a large table. My PSA for the day.

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

We saw Nurie and Jill hauling out carts of groceries that I am sure Nathan (and possibly Jonathan) paid for so there was probably enough food to eat this one day.

Possible that JillR restocked her pantry if Nurthan is visiting for 2 weeks. I’m sure the visitors are given extensive lists of what they need to bring to the holiday meal at the Barndo.

• Like 8
25 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Possible that JillR restocked her pantry if Nurthan is visiting for 2 weeks. I’m sure the visitors are given extensive lists of what they need to bring to the holiday meal at the Barndo.

There wasn't enough food in the carts for a pantry restock. That may come later. They only bought one bunch of bananas for crying out loud. That doesn't even survive breakfast feeding everyone. All of their kids save Nurie's two and Janessa should be eating whole bananas. I wonder who the lucky ones were who got to eat them?

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

It looks as if there were about 30 people at the barndo for Thanksgiving. I wonder how much food they had for such a large group. It's hard to tell from a quick shot of the table. Jill hasn't posted photos of people's plates with anything on them that I've seen, so she may not be bragging. 

One very large turkey (or two, even better) at $.69 a pound plus a couple of large dishes of sausage and bread stuffing, baked or boiled squash, canned cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, salad, peas, big rolls, and the contest fudge would have made a decent meal on a reasonable budget. A ham added to the meal would be great, but Jill doesn't want to overdo a meal for fear of setting expectations she has no intentions of maintaining. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I wonder where Jill's third sister is in the scheme of things?  She posts about Amy and Angie from time to time, but I don't think I've seen much (if anything) about Lisa.  Also, Ma Turtleneck looks good in that pic with Newman.  Whoever's turn it is to take care of MT is doing a good job.  She has color in her cheeks, looks well maintained and is genuinely smiling.  Maybe it's Lisa?

• Like 11

Nathan, Jonathan, and maybe Tim bought groceries, and Amy and Angie probably bought or brought food. I'd be surprised if Jill spent much of her own money on that meal. Other than rolls, she's not showing what they ate. That makes me a tiny bit suspicious. 

Somebody not named Jill or David paid for the chili ingredients too. The younger Rodlets must be amazed to see two back-to-back days of meals. 

Happy Birthday, Sam! Maybe his parents will recognize his birthday after all the guests have left, and a marked-down Thanksgiving cupcake or two with a candle will be enough. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 13
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Last year Jill posted for both Samuel and Sadie's birthdays on Nov. 30th. Sam's is the 24th and Sadie's the 27th.

Did she make numerous other posts around the actual birthdays? She was clearly on her phone during Sam's actual birthday with the chili, Pa's "charge" for the family, and of course, Plexus. Not even one panel recognizing Sam? It's not that hard, Jill. 

Let's see what she does with Sadie on Monday. If anything. 

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Did she make numerous other posts around the actual birthdays?

Yep. Sam's birthday was on thanksgiving last year. Jill posted about thanksgiving, something else, then mom had a stroke. Then the 30th was the post of Sam wearing a birthday crown in a video filmed on thanksgiving and a post about taking Sadie to mini golf for or something for her 9th birthday.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 6

930FBBC2-D639-47E6-BA96-F808EBA49C32.jpeg

The last few days have been packed full and crazy busy, but I wouldn't trade it for the WORLD to be around these DEAR people I love!  😊🥰  Some may look at our family and think we "have it all together".  😅  But we all know that we are human at best.  We make mistakes.  We get irritated at each other.  🤣  We are simply a bunch of sinners saved by grace....striving to get along.  

The description of family was once worded like this.....  "Although we tend to unravel at times, we can always be stitched back together with love."  

How is the relationship with YOUR parents, YOUR children, YOUR aunts, YOUR uncles, YOUR grandparents, YOUR spouse, etc?  If it is broken, I encourage you to choose forgiveness and love and resolve your differences today!  Life is too short to hold grudges.  ❤️

It is a beautiful thing to walk in peace, but it takes work. ️  God will bless your hard work and desires, if you don't give up.  🙏 

Enjoy this time of year....for tis the season to be jolly!  <3 

Ephesians 4:32 "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 8