Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yeah,  I looked it up too but spellcheck just sneered at me and directed me to a page about Tijuana!

guessing .... This Is Jill What A Total Asshole? 

That's a good guess! Whatever it ends up being can't be more apt.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

TIJWATA? Google is of no help.

This is Jill we are talking about? UGH, did my meds strike again? Because if they are messing me up this bad I should at least get more than 30 minutes sleep a day out of them. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Hugs 5
44 minutes ago, SMama said:

This is Jill we are talking about? UGH, did my meds strike again? Because if they are messing me up this bad I should at least get more than 30 minutes sleep a day out of them. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Well, you nailed it. 😀

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1

Doesn't Newman or Nimrod or whatever the hell his name is get any attention from Grandma? Or is it only Nehemiah, the first and most exalted Golden Penis? 

If that's the case, Kaylee's son and all subsequent grandsons are screwed. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Doesn't Newman or Nimrod or whatever the hell his name is get any attention from Grandma? Or is it only Nehemiah, the first and most exalted Golden Penis? 

If that's the case, Kaylee's son and all subsequent grandsons are screwed. 

I only hear Jill screech/fawn over Nemo. Nemo2 got nothing.

• Sad 6

The baby shower looks like a long, boring company meeting no one wants to attend. The two women in the back with the big yellow bows on their heads are trying to keep themselves entertained. 

"I and my girls" makes perfect sense since Jill always thinks of herself first. 

• Like 21
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill made her look 38. The eyebrows are just NO. The modesty shirt is not needed. 

This girl looks HARD and tired of life. 

And Dave’s ears! 

A4872DFD-C754-4F2D-8220-DCA72ACFB7F3.jpeg

and dead eyes.

• Sad 12

I give Jill points for using I there instead of me.   Sure it should be the girls and I, but closer than most people get.   

And yes, I just defended Jill.   But credit where credit is due.

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Notice how all those testimonials circled back to JILL???  Nothing about (and Kaylee) in any of them. 

On the other hand, way to make KAYLEE's baby shower all about you Jill.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

TIJWATA? Google is of no help.

Throwing my guess into the ring bc i love puzzles:

Things I Just Was About To Ask.

I know there's no contest, no prize, but I love acronyms. 

I used to volunteer for a nonprofit and our meetings were always in the grocery store community room.  We were allowed to bring *some* food, but it was usually overlooked if we cleaned up afterward.  Can't imagine having a baby shower there though.  Did we get any updates on what manly-man activities the boys were taking part in while the wimmin-folk were playing baby shower bingo?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

The men were bbqing hot dogs by the drainage swimming hole. Then took a refreshing swim after a delicious hot dog lunch. 

Followed by the manly arm wrestling in MCD and a nice shared 1 ice cream cone.

Daddy Dave got his own cone of course.

Then they went home to the women folk to watch the map before bedtime.

(I need a hobby that is not Rod related)

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I am so glad I did not have to attend this baby shower.  I wonder if Jill's grammar is as poor in her speaking as it is in her writing.

If I attended, I would’ve taken all those kids, including Newbie and Nemo. I would’ve fed them, bought them proper clothing and told them there is more to life than Jesus and birthing babies! I also would take them all to the doctor for proper checkups. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I am so glad I did not have to attend this baby shower.  I wonder if Jill's grammar is as poor in her speaking as it is in her writing.

It’s truly pathetic and she should be ashamed of “homeschooling” all of her kids. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1
(edited)

I mean, I don’t want to be petty, but there were an awful lot of unattractive women at that shower. The Rods are beauty queens next to them. Arf. 

I saw crackers, fruit, chips, soda, and celery. Oh plus one cupcake for everyone. What a spread. Were there also just random French fries on a baking sheet? 

Janessa annoys me because she acts and is treated like a toddler. Of course she was front and center with her chew toy. 

ps: The presents were super cheap and sucked. And when Kaylee mentioned abortion there was a great big fart sound. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

Random and out of nowhere - the new sucky rag looks to be a cushion cover.  I wonder if it was picked up at the venue rather than brought with her. (Sorry, I can’t remember that poor child’s name).  It does not look like anything I remember her having before.  If she does just pick up discarded pieces of cloth whose cleanliness seems to be suspect at best, I truly weep for her welfare. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 15
5 hours ago, LavendarRose said:

Random and out of nowhere - the new sucky rag looks to be a cushion cover.  I wonder if it was picked up at the venue rather than brought with her. (Sorry, I can’t remember that poor child’s name).  It does not look like anything I remember her having before.  If she does just pick up discarded pieces of cloth whose cleanliness seems to be suspect at best, I truly weep for her welfare. 

It’s Janessas regular rag that she sucks on. 

I hate that I know this.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Kaylee mentioned abortion at her own baby shower? That party just went from sad to dismal. 

Guess Best Mimi Ever won't be interested in taking any of andKaylee's gifts. BME is still waiting to grab a KitchenAid mixer. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4

Abortion was mentioned, and Jill was the focus for each daughter who spoke.

9 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Were there also just random French fries on a baking sheet? 

I could be wrong, but I believe those were veggie straws. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 6

Of course Jill was the focus during someone else’s baby shower 🙄🙄🙄

Jill is truly awful

Her poor kids have to praise her/stroke her ego constantly 

Jill is probably on her SEVERELY injured knees praying for a baby as we speak 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

"I and my girls" is awkward but technically not incorrect because both "I" and "my girls" are subjects of the sentence. 

The common error heard all over, even in news shows with professional journalists, is using "I" as the object of a sentence when it should be "me."

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill made her look 38. The eyebrows are just NO. The modesty shirt is not needed. 

This girl looks HARD and tired of life. 

And Dave’s ears! 

A4872DFD-C754-4F2D-8220-DCA72ACFB7F3.jpeg

She used to be exceptionally cute, but in the past several videos she’s looked beaten down, a good 10 years older than she is and just plain old miserable.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She used to be exceptionally cute, but in the past several videos she’s looked beaten down, a good 10 years older than she is and just plain old miserable.

Two kids back to back will do that to almost anyone. Except Michelle and Kelly because they had sister moms to raise their kids.

4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I mean, I don’t want to be petty, but there were an awful lot of unattractive women at that shower. The Rods are beauty queens next to them. Arf. 

I saw crackers, fruit, chips, soda, and celery. Oh plus one cupcake for everyone. What a spread. Were there also just random French fries on a baking sheet? 

Janessa annoys me because she acts and is treated like a toddler. Of course she was front and center with her chew toy. 

ps: The presents were super cheap and sucked. And when Kaylee mentioned abortion there was a great big fart sound. 🤷‍♀️

I’m glad someone finally said it.  Janessa annoys me too.  She always has to be front and center, is constantly interrupting, is constantly chewing on that nasty f’ing rag and sucking her thumb (she is FIVE, for Pete’s sake!) and she already acts a lot like Jill.  I suspect that she’ll be Jill 2.0 one of these days.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, SMama said:

Two kids back to back will do that to almost anyone. Except Michelle and Kelly because they had sister moms to raise their kids.

OP was referring to Tessie. But yeah, Nurie looks pretty worn out as well. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Kaylee's frosted blue eyeshadow and wagon wheel spokes mascara make me feel like I've time traveled to 1986.

I’ve always thought Kaylee was beautiful, and she has great lashes but good grief, she uses mascara like BME uses eyeliner!  She must go through at least one tube of mascara/month.  Add the spiked eyelashes to the many ways that BME has failed her daughters.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, SMama said:

SMama, I’m referring to Tessie, not Nurie.  I’m sorry, I should’ve made myself more clear.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Nuries hair and makeup and the eyebrows are aging her to 35 too. Nurie would look so much better with a decent short haircut, filled in eyebrows and toned down makeup.

The Keller babies look clean and fed at least. Maybe Nemo can talk who knows.

• Like 7

regarding Tessie and looking tired lately,

Am I remembering correctly the duggar girls didn't do household chores once they were courting? Not sure why I think that was the case, so maybe I am wrong on that.

But if that is a thing fundies do, maybe now that Renee is courting Tessie has a lot more work to do.

• Sad 8
13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

regarding Tessie and looking tired lately,

Am I remembering correctly the duggar girls didn't do household chores once they were courting? Not sure why I think that was the case, so maybe I am wrong on that.

But if that is a thing fundies do, maybe now that Renee is courting Tessie has a lot more work to do.

I bet she's also responsible for the care of the new guinea pigs as well. I doubt the boys have anything to do with them. 

• Sad 5

My hope for Renee is the ER doc gave her some strong pain meds, and she can enjoy a different life for a few days.  But, with Jill as her mother, she's probably been told to pray the pain away 🙄.

The group photo that was posted looks like a poster for hostages.  The girl in the middle has that look of desperation on her face.  All of the Rod kids have that same look in most photos.

• Sad 9

Besides the crib, little chair, and changing table, it doesn’t look like a room for a baby. The large poster of the parents need to go. The color might be ok for a guest room but doesn’t scream baby at me. 

• Like 19
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2