Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I’m worried to see Tim holding a Dalmatian puppy, which Jill called his new puppy. What happened to his first dog? A Heeler, I think 😟

I think I’ve heard Dalmatians aren’t among the easiest personality dogs to have - anyone else hear that?

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 11

The reveal was typically Rod-pitiful, DBD opened that cardboard box to allow the two balloons out while AndKaylee and Jonathan half heartedly tossed a scant handful of confetti in the air.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 4
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

So Nurie's back in the running for having the first granddaughter. Wanna bet she announces a pregnancy sometime in June? 

If she's not already pregnant, I would bet she's currently putting on whatever passes for fundie lingerie while she prepares to put the moves on Nathan. 

Dawg help me, I want to barf. I need brain bleach, stat. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 13
(edited)
48 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I’m worried to see Tim holding a Dalmatian puppy, which Jill called his new puppy. What happened to his first dog? A Heeler, I think 😟

I think I’ve heard Dalmatians aren’t among the easiest personality dogs to have - anyone else hear that?

Aww, the new dog has something in common with the old dog.  Neither Jill nor the pup have easy personalities.  Now, if we're basing the situation on intelligence, my money is on the dog.

Edited by sixlets
I can't spell; must have been the Crumbl Cookie
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

The reveal was typically Rod-pitiful, DBD opened that cardboard box to allow the two balloons out while AndKaylee and Jonathan half heartedly tossed a scant handful of confetti in the air.

At least a cardboard box is a safe option for a reveal.  They can't set fire to anything or cause any other damage.  That is all I can say.

• Like 11
  • LOL 3

Jill photoshopped Sofia again. Does she realize she is making her look worse? My guess is she is trying to erase dark circles from under her eyes, but she's also erasing everything else, including shadows and well, any color at all. I looks like she stopped at about mid arm.

The picture looks like a modern pic and someone plopped in a sienna colored Victorian era picture of a random kid.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

I watched the video on Jill's FB page. OMG, the high pitched shrieking! Anyway, Jonathan and Kaylee were both really sick with laryngitis (or whatever!). Renee seemed really happy and excited for them, rather than the sad Renee we've seen of late. I hope the courtship is still on for that poor girl, although with Jill's screwy timelines, this was filmed late in April, so Jill could have scared off the mystery man by now 😢 Jill is bummed about another grandson, but claiming that it's all good because "God is so faithful". Shouldn't she be faithful to HIM? 

• Like 10
(edited)

It gets me how as a roomful of people hear an announcement,  they just stand there. 

My original list:

Squealing 

Giggling

Forced smiles

Jill pointing at something/someone

Yasssssss

David looking bored/confused 

I don’t recall the finger pointing, but everything else was a yes, as usual.

Jill asked each person if they thought Renee was having a boy or a girl.

She gets to David:

CA0940D5-1B83-4E9B-AECD-89D6C8E0E9CE.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 15
20 hours ago, crazy8s said:

she even has a throw rug under corner shelving🙄😂

from the video she bought/found an old door and sammers and gabriel cut it into shelves.

also 10:30pm and the younger girls can be heard playing in the background.

Staying up late once in awhile is fine, but those children should be in bed at that time. I am sure being up past ten is the norm. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Jonathan and Kaylee were both really sick with laryngitis (or whatever!).

And how the rest of the family has it because of all the togetherness.    GEEZ.   Not to mention a sick pregnant woman needs rest, not enforced fun.

7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill confirmed that Timcel now has two dogs. Poor dogs. 

Tim lives in an rv in the backyard, where does he have room for ONE dog, let alone two.     Also, he's getting married, not getting more dogs.    Not to mention as noted, dalmatians are really difficult dogs.    Deafness is a common trait.  Although being around the Rods it might be considered a survival trait.

• Like 9
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 9
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Deafness is a common trait.  Although being around the Rods it might be considered a survival trait.

Too funny! Everyone will be envious of the dalmatian's blessed deafness! No "Yaaaaaassssss" for him!

• LOL 9

I think Renee's MM might still be around. Heidi was was shown on tim's phone and renee also appeared to be talking to someone on her phone. She held her phone towards jonathan at one point, screen forward. It just seemed to me she was not filming content for mama.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
13 hours ago, Heathen said:

Well, there's a grandkid who won't get any attention from Grandma. She's already got two grandsons, so in her mind, big deal. 

My two cents is that the fewer girls born into those cults, the better. 

Being ignored by Jill will be the best thing that ever happens to this kid.

• Like 18
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It gets me how as a roomful of people hear an announcement,  they just stand there. 

My original list:

Squealing 

Giggling

Forced smiles

Jill pointing at something/someone

Yasssssss

David looking bored/confused 

I don’t recall the finger pointing, but everything else was a yes, as usual.

Jill asked each person if they thought Renee was having a boy or a girl.

She gets to David:

CA0940D5-1B83-4E9B-AECD-89D6C8E0E9CE.jpeg

Dave was ordering hummingbird juice for a snack.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I watched the video on Jill's FB page. OMG, the high pitched shrieking! Anyway, Jonathan and Kaylee were both really sick with laryngitis (or whatever!). Renee seemed really happy and excited for them, rather than the sad Renee we've seen of late. I hope the courtship is still on for that poor girl, although with Jill's screwy timelines, this was filmed late in April, so Jill could have scared off the mystery man by now 😢 Jill is bummed about another grandson, but claiming that it's all good because "God is so faithful". Shouldn't she be faithful to HIM? 

Sick with laryngitis. . . ? Sure, Jan.

• Like 5

I didn't have the sound on. Did Jill mention why Phillip was not there and what his was?

I laugh at Jill taking pictures of those silly snacks on the table at like 7:15pm and the actual filmed reveal was 9pm. She has so many clocks, one most always shows up in her "content".

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill confirmed that Timcel now has two dogs. Poor dogs.

Well ... to be fair ... both of Timmie's dogs are breeds that benefit from having as much contact with their human as possible.  The more time spent together, the better.  And since Tim will never be leaving his camper to go to a job or school or anything, he'll be around a lot!  

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Laryngo-covid. 

I had a horrible case of laryngitis last fall. Tested negative several times. 

But with the Rods it's a moot point since I doubt they have Covid tests on hand to even check.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

I had a horrible case of laryngitis last fall. Tested negative several times. 

Unlike the Rods, though, you're probably vaccinated AND not traveling the country to hang out with disease vectors sweet friends. 

• Like 11
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Unlike the Rods, though, you're probably vaccinated AND not traveling the country to hang out with disease vectors sweet friends. 

Well I do hang out with 24 germ factories every weekday (I teach kindergarten). 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 8
On 3/26/2023 at 1:53 PM, Teriacky said:

Hey Jill! I just paid 500.00 for a new car battery (luxury cars apparently take luxury batteries) and I did not:

1. Blame the Devil 

2. Ask someone else to pay for it and

3. Did not whine about how bad things are happening to me.

That’s life sister!! 

Their Devil is such a pedantic little shit.

"I'm gonna make the power go out during this woman's insipid speech!"

He's the freaking Devil. Doesn't he have anything more exciting to do?

• LOL 10
41 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Their Devil is such a pedantic little shit.

"I'm gonna make the power go out during this woman's insipid speech!"

He's the freaking Devil. Doesn't he have anything more exciting to do?

Nope. All the devil does is so bad things to Jill. 

The devil broke their RV too.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Well ... to be fair ... both of Timmie's dogs are breeds that benefit from having as much contact with their human as possible.  The more time spent together, the better.  And since Tim will never be leaving his camper to go to a job or school or anything, he'll be around a lot!  

And the two dogs have each other, at least.

• Like 4
(edited)
On 5/7/2023 at 9:31 AM, merylinkid said:

And how the rest of the family has it because of all the togetherness.    GEEZ.   Not to mention a sick pregnant woman needs rest, not enforced fun.

Tim lives in an rv in the backyard, where does he have room for ONE dog, let alone two.     Also, he's getting married, not getting more dogs.    Not to mention as noted, dalmatians are really difficult dogs.    Deafness is a common trait.  Although being around the Rods it might be considered a survival trait.

I had a deaf Dalmatian, she was the sweetest, kindest, most loving dog, ever.  I wouldn't wish any dogs on the Rods, let alone a deafie.

About 15% of Dals are deaf, due to poor breeding.  The gene for deafness is on the same chromosome as a gene for a nice spot pattern and unscrupulous breeders have overbred them and not bothered to test the hearing in dogs before putting them together.  Something like 30% are deaf in one ear and, so their hearing in both ears needs to be tested and verified before allowing them to mate as partially deaf Dalmatians are prone to having fully deaf puppies. That takes time and money so the shady breeders don't bother to do it.

My Dalmatian was the exception to the general rules for the breed, though.  Most are high strung and need a lot of exercise.  They are not particularly good with young kids.  They were originally bred to trot along beside the carriages of the wealthy as they rode through the streets; so they're not really great house pets in many cases.  There are exceptions, of course, my girl was the best and I miss her to this day.

Tim does not have the time or space to keep a Dalmatian and, presuming he is still courting and will be having kids soon; another breed that is better with small kids would be preferable.

Edited by Notabug
  • Hugs 6
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 7
5 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I had a deaf Dalmatian, she was the sweetest, kindest, most loving dog, ever.  I wouldn't wish any dogs on the Rods, let alone a deafie.

About 15% of Dals are deaf, due to poor breeding.  The gene for deafness is on the same chromosome as a gene for a nice spot pattern and unscrupulous breeders have overbred them and not bothered to test the hearing in dogs before putting them together.  Something like 30% are deaf in one ear and, so their hearing in both ears needed to be tested and verified before allowing them to mate as partially deaf Dalmatians are prone to having fully deaf puppies. That takes time and money so the shady breeders don't bother to do it.

My Dalmatian was the exception to the general rules for the breed, though.  Most are high strung and need a lot of exercise.  They are not particularly good with young kids.  They were originally bread to trot along beside the carriages of the wealthy as they rode through the streets; so they're not really great house pets in many cases.  There are exceptions, of course, my girl was the best and I miss her to this day.

Tim does not have the time or space to keep a Dalmatian and, presuming he is still courting and will be having kids soon; another breed that is better with small kids would be preferable.

Also factor in that Tim probably got the dog from an Amish puppy mill, not a reputable breeder.

• Like 3
  • Sad 16
(edited)
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5B30A18C-9C23-42BA-AAEB-20B8A450A906.jpeg

633E9F2A-2C1A-4B94-9C45-8F29296ED959.jpeg

352E9051-F9A2-4C26-9EE5-DBEF680407E2.jpeg

The answer is: WHO GIVES A RAT’S ASS? (Clearly Dave doesn’t much care, either.)

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I didn't have the sound on. Did Jill mention why Phillip was not there and what his was?

I laugh at Jill taking pictures of those silly snacks on the table at like 7:15pm and the actual filmed reveal was 9pm. She has so many clocks, one most always shows up in her "content".

She may be like a drill sergeant who has to follow a strict routine.  Her newest clock is hanging on the wall beside the new shelves that Sammer made, and it’s honestly one of the ugliest clocks I’ve ever seen.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I didn't get it, why is Jill so eager to get a granddaughter?

Are girls more valuable to her or what?

its sad to me...I have been studying epigenetic's, nueroplasticity and am now conducting the rice experiment ( you can see examples on youtube)...words have power! me personally...I would never express disappointment over gender ..ever....I never spoke negative things over my kids either, never compared them...with the grands..I speak so much truth, light and positivity over them...every time I see them....and they love being around their Poppy and Mimi...

• Like 9
  • Love 8

Jill probably wants to dress her granddaughters into rags, keep them trim and make them part of her music grift tours. 

I knew Kaylee was having a boy because Jill made no fuss over the gender reveal. 

Maybe Jill will ignore the Hill family lol.

• Like 7
  • Sad 5