Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I watched it for the team.  There was a lot of preachin' and caterwallin, as expected.  Some gifts were opened and Kaylee "ooohed" and "ahhhed" but they didn't show what they actually were (except for some ugly crafty basket shit good for nothing but building a fire, and a horrifying amount of Hobby Lobby framed "art" and signage).  I'd cry if that was my haul from my bridal shower. 

My main takeaway was that someone gifted the horny happy couple with a big ass wooden spoon, which they held the rest of the time they were opening gifts.  All I could think of was all the poor babies that would eventually be smacked with that thing.

• Sad 27
4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I watched it for the team.  There was a lot of preachin' and caterwallin, as expected.  Some gifts were opened and Kaylee "ooohed" and "ahhhed" but they didn't show what they actually were (except for some ugly crafty basket shit good for nothing but building a fire, and a horrifying amount of Hobby Lobby framed "art" and signage).  I'd cry if that was my haul from my bridal shower. 

My main takeaway was that someone gifted the horny happy couple with a big ass wooden spoon, which they held the rest of the time they were opening gifts.  All I could think of was all the poor babies that would eventually be smacked with that thing.

That's the part I watched too, with the sound off. I was waiting for a Kitchenaid mixer to be revealed, not that it wouldn't go directly into Jill's hands, but the gifts were all tacky wall clutter. We know what Kaylee and Jonathan's house will look like.

The wooden spoon almost broke my heart, although there was a lot of smiling and laughing when Kaylee showed it. It will be used to wack the spirit, curiosity, and joy of life right out of their future babies so they'll grow up to be just as zombie-like as the rest of the cult.

• Sad 22
21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

@Celia Rubenstein, doing the Lord's work! 😀

What about the surprise trip? Was that Jill's trip to St. Simons island? She claimed that DBD set that one up all by himself. 🙄

Yeah, that's in there, too.  She pans around the hotel room cooing to David, then there's a lighthouse then they are suddenly in the dark and it's like, wtf happened?  There is a pinpoint of light and eventually I figured out it was the moon.  They are at the beach watching the nightsky being all lovey-dovey then all the sudden Jill blurts out "what would you do it the trumpet sounded right now, would you be ready to " ... face the lort or whatever.   Just a random hellfire scare out of nowhere.   It was weird.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • LOL 10
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

He certainly is, but my heart breaks every time I see him.  He’s getting ready to spend lots of time in a playpen, because his mama is getting ready to have a new baby who will require a lot of her attention, and he’s most likely being blanket-trained in preparation for the new baby.  It makes me want to weep every time I think about it, and I’m being serious.

I also worry about his verbal development.  Both Jill & Nurie were talking to him (in the SeaWorld vid) in that stupid high pitched voice they use. If that’s all he hears then 🤷🏻‍♀️.

• Sad 15
26 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I also worry about his verbal development.  Both Jill & Nurie were talking to him (in the SeaWorld vid) in that stupid high pitched voice they use. If that’s all he hears then 🤷🏻‍♀️.

He will talk like Timothy Rodrigues 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 17
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

so did the rod kids stay with Ma and Pa while Jill and Hunk were in florida and they stopped on the way back to pick them up? I can see them driving the fam to W.V. in the RV and then renting a car there to continue to florida.

surely they are back in ohio fixing up Jonathan and Kaylee built in 1850, almost Amish, house that is surely so much better than those modern houses most worldly people live in these days.

The worship folder/bulletin thing for the Hill's church in MS has a blurb about prayers for safe travel for the Hill family who will be traveling to attend Jonathan's wedding Nov. 5.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

so did the rod kids stay with Ma and Pa while Jill and Hunk were in florida and they stopped on the way back to pick them up? I can see them driving the fam to W.V. in the RV and then renting a car there to continue to florida.

surely they are back in ohio fixing up Jonathan and Kaylee built in 1850, almost Amish, house that is surely so much better than those modern houses most worldly people live in these days.

The worship folder/bulletin thing for the Hill's church in MS has a blurb about prayers for safe travel for the Hill family who will be traveling to attend Jonathan's wedding Nov. 5.

I wonder if she shared the pictures of ALL the fun her and hunk had at Sea World and Disney, especially to the little ones? 

• Sad 9
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

The Ladies' Retreat sounds like a great opportunity to push Plexus. Maybe the grand prize is a Plexus starter kit with a note from Jill: Congratulations. You now have your very own Plexus business. And I'm your new boss. 

IIRC in the prior retreats we’ve seen tables of CD’s, books etc. So I’m sure there was a Plexus filled area too. JillR will probably have all that again, with the Sparrow theme this time. She needs to step up her Plexus sales if she wants to “win” a trip to Hawaii.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I wonder if she shared the pictures of ALL the fun her and hunk had at Sea World and Disney, especially to the little ones? 

Of course she did.  She buys and wears new outfits all the time while her kids are in mismatched outfits with shoes that don't fit.  She makes a point of telling the world that Daddy eats first and the kids get whatever is left.  She brags about her teenaged children fasting and that they would gladly give up their dinner for a new baby to have enough.

Not only did Jill show them the pictures and videos, she undoubtedly expected them to be excited for BME and happy that someone as deserving as her got to see Sea World-TWICE!  Any child that dared to express any unhappiness that they didn't get to go to Sea World would've been sent straight to the prayer closet.  I expect, in a day or two, Jill will post a note from the kids stating that she is just the godliest, most wonderful mother ever and that is why Jesus made sure she got to visit Sea World-TWICE!  They can only pray that they might someday be worthy to go there even once.

• Sad 18
  • Applause 5
10 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Of course she did.  She buys and wears new outfits all the time while her kids are in mismatched outfits with shoes that don't fit.  She makes a point of telling the world that Daddy eats first and the kids get whatever is left.  She brags about her teenaged children fasting and that they would gladly give up their dinner for a new baby to have enough.

Not only did Jill show them the pictures and videos, she undoubtedly expected them to be excited for BME and happy that someone as deserving as her got to see Sea World-TWICE!  Any child that dared to express any unhappiness that they didn't get to go to Sea World would've been sent straight to the prayer closet.  I expect, in a day or two, Jill will post a note from the kids stating that she is just the godliest, most wonderful mother ever and that is why Jesus made sure she got to visit Sea World-TWICE!  They can only pray that they might someday be worthy to go there even once.

I would so understand with so many children (mainly the smaller) that they couldn't afford to take all of them to Sea World. So you know what? You and hunk don't go. Or you rotate taking a different child or two each year as a special treat. No, the special treats they get are birthdays at the mall and cheap pizza. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 13

We haven't seen the Rods celebrate a birthday by bringing in cheap pizza and donated cupcakes to a mall food court in a long time. Is Jill too busy even for that small gesture? How will she get more Build-a-Bears for her collection if traditions aren't observed? 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

So Jill got TWO trips to Sea World.   I bet Nathan paid the second time.   How long IS this super special anniversary trip of hers?   Doesn't she have a wedding to grift for?

Yep, that's exactly why Jill decided to go a second time with the Kellers. She heard they were going and shoved her way in. Nathan, Nuri, you both need to learn to tell Jill about these things, after you go not before. 

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I also noticed that DBD is wearing his all you can eat ticket. That should surprise no one. 

Making sure they grift as much money as possible from poor Nathan. Such vile creatures taking money that should go to feed Nemo.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
17 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yeah, that's in there, too.  She pans around the hotel room cooing to David, then there's a lighthouse then they are suddenly in the dark and it's like, wtf happened?  There is a pinpoint of light and eventually I figured out it was the moon.  They are at the beach watching the nightsky being all lovey-dovey then all the sudden Jill blurts out "what would you do it the trumpet sounded right now, would you be ready to " ... face the lort or whatever.   Just a random hellfire scare out of nowhere.   It was weird.

That was included in her stories. I remember her beautiful husband sitting on the couch watching tv

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I wouldn't put it past her to have a movie night showing off all the fun she and her hunk had in Florida to the rest of the Les Mis cast.

I was wrong before when I said they should have taken Nemo to SeaWorld. That kid looks terrified of his MeeMeeee. I get it kid, I get it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill and Nurthan went to Sea World 

B21C25B1-FA10-41F8-BF67-4BBD9AC12865.jpeg

A49B2E66-2B8F-4335-9EFC-99894A1CE1C9.jpeg

86FC4C72-D663-4E33-93B5-C99C196F74A8.jpeg

06DB8AB1-0F4A-4587-B26B-FFBED0DD2FF8.jpeg

04A7379D-80D2-4ECB-9DF0-199275E19A79.jpeg

54B278F8-6F47-451D-A02E-0C25520A62AE.jpeg

B940EA56-F306-4E81-AA7C-DAAD1AFE7F6D.jpeg

DFA6DD5F-56EB-4BFD-8F00-3A26F2BA0921.jpeg

Screenshots

And Dave went too

That’s their second trip to SeaWorld on this 2nd honeymoon trip.  How many times do you think the Rod offspring have been to SeaWorld?  I’m guessing ZERO.

How the hell can Nurie be 7 months pregnant??  My gut looks like that after eating Thanksgiving dinner!

• Like 7
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s their second trip to SeaWorld on this 2nd honeymoon trip.  How many times do you think the Rod offspring have been to SeaWorld?  I’m guessing ZERO.

How the hell can Nurie be 7 months pregnant??  My gut looks like that after eating Thanksgiving dinner!

She's actually 8 months gone. Due next month. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Kaylee and Jonathan's new house doesn't have enough wall space for all of the decorative pieces they received at their shower.  Maybe BME will take some of it off of her hands. Wouldn't you think someone would be practical and give them a blanket or a toaster?

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
41 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

She walked around Sea World in a freaking pair of flip flops. My feet hurt just looking at that picture. I guess nobody gifted her a pair of Nikes. 

Didn’t she win some from Plexus?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
24 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Didn’t she win some from Plexus?

Maybe she got them after the trip? We know she was in Florida for Nemo's birthday on the 11th. Didn't she post the shoes after that? 

eta She posted about the shoes on the 14th. She probably didn't get them for another week.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I would guess Dave would prefer to lay in bed 24/7 than go on vacations. He does not seem to enjoy himself much. He looks miserable in most of the photos. Jill drags him around like a chihuahua on a leash.

Dave looks either miserable or dazed in just about every picture I've ever seen. I sometimes wonder if Jill sneaks something into his hummingbird juice. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

I imagine in BME’s mind that when she shows the Rodlets her videos and pictures from her trip they are happy for her and Shrek. She has them trained to always be giving gifts etc. to her, so they are glad she got to go away. After all, everything is about her and keeping her happy. I can just see a post coming from one of the NitNuries explaining how SEVERELY glad they are that their godly parents were blessed with this trip.

• Sad 13
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Dave looks either miserable or dazed in just about every picture I've ever seen. I sometimes wonder if Jill sneaks something into his hummingbird juice. 

I’m surprised Jill hasn’t sneaked plexus into Daves juice, he could loose lots of weight and look like a real “hunk” 😉.

Edited by FizzyPuff
Spellcheck
  • LOL 5
42 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Dave isn't so miserable that he puts his foot down and refuses to go on the free trips or get the free meals.   Dave might seem a useless lump, but he is as much a grifter as Jill is.   

Yep. David and Jill seem to spend a lot of time and energy flailing around trying to bring in free goodies and cash. It would be a lot easier to go to a boring job for a defined number of hours per week and earn a steady salary. The sons-in-law and some of their sons manage to endure employment. Maybe the grifter lifestyle is exciting to Mahmo and Poopy, and since they take most of what comes in, they don't notice that their children do without. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Dave isn't so miserable that he puts his foot down and refuses to go on the free trips or get the free meals.   Dave might seem a useless lump, but he is as much a grifter as Jill is.   

Can you imagine how much screeching and passive aggressive martyrdom he’d have to endure if he tried to put his foot down? I’d probably just go along with it most of the time, too. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

She walked around Sea World in a freaking pair of flip flops. My feet hurt just looking at that picture. I guess nobody gifted her a pair of Nikes. 

Nurie never had decent shoes and she is young. In 10 years/8 kids she will wear orthopedic shoes 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Can you imagine how much screeching and passive aggressive martyrdom he’d have to endure if he tried to put his foot down? I’d probably just go along with it most of the time, too. 

Do we know for sure she would do that?   I mean it can be assumed but do we really know?   I think it is more likely that he is 100% behind his wife's grift.   We know he does his "preaching" on the tours so they can bring in money.   Which means he is an active participant, not just someone dragged along.

49 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Yep. David and Jill seem to spend a lot of time and energy flailing around trying to bring in free goodies and cash. It would be a lot easier to go to a boring job for a defined number of hours per week and earn a steady salary

but then they couldn't go  on vacation every time they wanted.   Or get free meals at the NICE Olive Garden because people would expect to them to pay their own.   They are grifters because they want to be.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

Do we know for sure she would do that?   I mean it can be assumed but do we really know?   I think it is more likely that he is 100% behind his wife's grift.   We know he does his "preaching" on the tours so they can bring in money.   Which means he is an active participant, not just someone dragged along.

but then they couldn't go  on vacation every time they wanted.   Or get free meals at the NICE Olive Garden because people would expect to them to pay their own.   They are grifters because they want to be.

I don’t know for sure what she would do if David put his foot down, but triggering a narcissist’s wrath is never pleasant .

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2