Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Does anyone know when the next Jilly Bean stealing of the wedding presents is 🤬

Kaylee's wedding is in November. However, Jill's 25th anniversary is next month, so plenty of grifting opportunities there. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

I figured Jill would celebrate her anniversary at the same time as Kaylee's wedding to draw attention away from Kaylee and capitalize on the number of guests. Has she decided instead to get a head start and exhaust the gift-giving pool before andKaylee even gets a chance?

I wouldn't put either scheme past Jilly Bean.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

'I know we already had a party for our anniversary but my darling daughter felt that she just wanted to share her special day with me, sorry us, and demanded I, sorry we, do our vow renewal at the same ceremony as her wedding. Isn't that special!'

• Sad 10
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

'I know we already had a party for our anniversary but my darling daughter felt that she just wanted to share her special day with me, sorry us, and demanded I, sorry we, do our vow renewal at the same ceremony as her wedding. Isn't that special!'

I could totally see Jill doing this.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
55 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Some version of this scenario is bound to happen! It already has, in different iterations!

• Like 5

Jill must receive piles of gifts and donations because she deserves them for being the best momma, wife and Meme ever. 

Jill must be the center of attention at all events because she's so beautiful, talented, modest, and godly. 

Jill just can't help being the most important person on earth.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
44 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill must receive piles of gifts and donations because she deserves them for being the best momma, wife and Meme ever. 

Jill must be the center of attention at all events because she's so beautiful, talented, modest, and godly. 

Jill just can't help being the most important person on earth.  

She’s probably taking notes today on how to replicate HM Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral on a fundy grifter budget. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, mom2two said:

would love to gift her a lacy thong for her anniversary :)

Ewwww.    We do not need that image.   And quite frankly DBD probably doesn't want it either.   There may be a good reason the baby factory shut down -- besides age.   Which could also be why Jill always exclaims how in love they are and what HUNK he is.   to maybe convince him to ever touch her again.

4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

ill must be the center of attention at all events because she's so beautiful, talented, modest, and godly. 

Pretty sure there is some passage in the Bible about keeping things to yourself, especially how holy you are.   Something about the Sagisees (sp?) and Pharisees showing up at the Temple with a whole lot of show and fanfare, and then Jesus being more impressed with the little old lady quietly praying in the corner.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I don't think they'd make it as far as Jill's body. 

Or Dave would get distracted about his joyfully available wife and would focus on the culinary treat that is edible underwear.

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

quite frankly DBD probably doesn't want it either.   There may be a good reason the baby factory shut down -- besides age.   Which could also be why Jill always exclaims how in love they are and what HUNK he is.   to maybe convince him to ever touch her again.

All kidding aside, Dave is grossly overweight, out-of-shape and always looks dead tired. He is clearly not a well man and it wouldn't surprise me at all if his libido has shut down. And if that's the case, I'm sure it's upsetting to Jill, who a). desperately wants another baby to prove she's still young and fertile and b).  undoubtedly needs to see herself as forever beautiful and alluring.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

She would probably show up at a funeral in a Black Widow veil. 

Which would compliment the replica version of Diana's wedding gown in the color black that she would wear, because we all know how much Jill loves the 80's.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think she wants to know which followers are in full time ministry so she has new grifting targets. 

I think that’s the people she wants to remove from her list of targets. They got nothing to give Jilly bean. Jilly bean needs working targets. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nice humblebrag at the end there, Jill. They're your friends. You should know who's in full time ministry. But no, you're so self-centered that you don't really GAF. 

She edited the post. Now it says FB friends instead. Someone probably pointed out the same thing you did.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 3
37 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

B10C9B6D-AD7A-45B3-A68A-BAA3716E3CDB.jpeg

How do you teach soul winning and bible handouts? Haha

Bongo new grifting spot. Jill is coming to your church asap!

4276BF7C-B045-4A6C-8723-F0B3395B4A1D.jpeg

7C085058-1B1C-4A65-837C-59C50B0DB132.jpeg

England huh how adventurous…

They’re missionaries to a bunch of other Protestants? 🤣

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 2

What does Jill mean by "CLEAR" presentation of the Gospel? Oh. Probably the interpretation she believes in. 

Maybe JIll can find a Hungarian missionary connection for Phillip. If she can set him up, he/Jill won't have to waste money on that school education stuff. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Bingo new grifting spot. Jill is coming to your church asap!

that's it.   She is setting up new tours.

Also, so she can figure out who considers full time ministry with no other job  as a good thing so she can grift to like minded people who won't see her and DBD as lazy bums.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

That is the best photo I have ever seen of DBD~

Dave looks better in profile than when he's stuffing his face! That 2nd photo is not the best photo of Jill, though it does look like a genuine smile.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The pastor guy has a post on his FB of the rods singing their fave Come on down to the Farm. 🙄

Hannah is attempting violin and Olivia attempting guitar. Yikes!!

He also has a video of them singing some mash up of Oh Susannah/Old Dan Tucker/and something else.

• LOL 5

Interesting  to see the "There's nothing better than 'Old Fashioned' hymns" Rods branching out to folk songs and musical theatre from the 50s and 60s. Wonder what's behind that? Also, please call me when they move on to racy folksongs (Soldier, soldier, Won't you marry me) and Seasons of Love. That will be the entertainment of the year!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
12 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I think that’s the people she wants to remove from her list of targets. They got nothing to give Jilly bean. Jilly bean needs working targets. 

Or maybe she's looking for more Plexus downliners?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Reading Jill's caption, and I have questions.  Why is Gospel singular?  Why not name the gospel in question? And what the hell does clear even mean?  

I've found that "preach the Gospel" usually means preaching the salvation story since Jesus life is written in the four gospel books.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Sophia is playing house. She’s married, and this is her husband. She’s also pregnant. Jill points out that to have a baby, you have to be married, god’s order and all. So, Sophia explains, she got married, went on a honeymoon, and after the honeymoon she “figured out” that she was pregnant.

Screenshot from the video:

4EE45920-357A-452C-82CB-D9EDFEBF4E68.jpeg

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 22

Oh god, that his horrifically sad.   Playing house fine.   All little girls do it.   but to be so specific about being pregnant?   What that house must be like with Jill's focus on pregnancy all those years and now focused on wanting another one.   UGH.    Honestly the mental abuse of these kids is scary.   Even if they get away from Jill, they will never be okay without a LOT of theory.

On the other hand, maybe Sophia was just doing the housework Jill won't and Jill made up the story because she saw somewhere on social media a complaint that she doesn't do any housework and the kids never play because she makes them do all the work?

• Sad 11
  • Love 3