Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

If Jill dumped a couple large cans of tomato sauce and some seasoning into that pot and let it all simmer for a long time, she might have something close to a chunky tomato sauce for 14 people. I doubt all those vegetables came from her garden anyway, so why not expand it into a recognizable meal? 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, beckie said:

There's no way Tim will ever save enough money to get married. Or if he does, that they will ever be financially stable. With his (non) work ethic and how he doesn't seem to be able to think beyond the present he'll be with mahmo for the rest of his life.

I said this a year or so ago, and I still feel the same way today:  The very best scenario for all of the Rod boys is to get factory jobs that offer job stability, a decent salary and good benefits.  I personally know several pastors who also have full-time factory jobs.  Do the Rod kids think they’re too good to work in a factory?

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Do the Rod kids think they’re too good to work in a factory?

Absolutely. They have been called by God to serve Jesus, don't ya know? And the Rods serve Jesus by procreating like rabbits, preaching, and singing. While God miraculously provides the loaves and fishes* for their survival - through donations by those who worship the correct Jesus.

*and Olive Garden meals and a houseful of cr*p from Hobby Lobby and tacky tattered rags for the young daughters and Plexus inventory and smartphones for Mom, and food for David.

ETA: Of course Tim has been chosen by God to be a missionary pilot, so they are grifting like mad to make that happen. But - work in a factory? Surely you jest! 🙄

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I said this a year or so ago, and I still feel the same way today:  The very best scenario for all of the Rod boys is to get factory jobs that offer job stability, a decent salary and good benefits.  I personally know several pastors who also have full-time factory jobs.  Do the Rod kids think they’re too good to work in a factory?

The issue here (and IMHO Tim and Phil's schooling) is control.  Working in a factory means Tim has to answer to a boss who is not Jill.  That boss will expect Tim to work his scheduled hours week in and week out with a clear policy for asking for time off.  Time off that could possibly be denied.  Jill ain't going to allow someone other than her decide whether Tim will join the family on a trip.  

I do think the reason why Tim flamed out at Moody and then in Wisconsin has to do with this and not a sub-par homeschool education.  Jill just cannot let go of her children. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
  • Love 13
48 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Do the Rod kids think they’re too good to work in a factory?

First, the Rod kids do not think , they are incapable of a single independent thought. As lazy as Jill and David are, the only area where they worked diligently is stunting their kids, making them puppets to their ventriloquist parents. 

The last thing BME and DBD want is for their kids, especially their precious boys, future headships, is to mingle with the common folk. Factories are full of them heathens. Also, if the boys earn a living wage, and have benefits, they won’t be able to dedicate themselves to singing for their supper. The abuse those two vile parents have heaped on those kids should be criminal.

They also have Tim as an example of what will go wrong if they venture outside the KJ Bible universe. Tim went to a like minded school but was persecuted to the point he had to drop out. Never mind the fact that Incel Tim could not keep up academically, and the grifter parents thought people would fight each other to pay for godly Tim’s tuition and overall upkeep. 

We learn from our role models, the Rod boys do not have a good work ethic because their father lives for dipping up first (2nd, 3rd, etc.) at meals, and watching the map. I’ll be surprised if Tim ever finds parents desperate enough to allow him to marry their daughter. 

I recall reading Ethan Plath talked about Jill trying to talk him into courting Nurie. Uh, no way. The massive damage they have done to their kids is apparent when other weird fundies are creeped out by them. The girls will find awkward but employed husbands. The boys are doomed.

• Sad 11
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Absolutely. They have been called by God to serve Jesus, don't ya know? And the Rods serve Jesus by procreating like rabbits, preaching, and singing. While God miraculously provides the loaves and fishes* for their survival - through donations by those who worship the correct Jesus.

*and Olive Garden meals and a houseful of cr*p from Hobby Lobby and tacky tattered rags for the young daughters and Plexus inventory and smartphones for Mom, and food for David.

ETA: Of course Tim has been chosen by God to be a missionary pilot, so they are grifting like mad to make that happen. But - work in a factory? Surely you jest! 🙄

Also factory work doesn't accommodate endless grifting vacations. Factories don't understand that Mahmo is the real boss, not whoever has that title at the factory. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill you will never reach diamond level. Like ever. Stop being jealous of a man.

B087A39E-F8D3-48BB-B9B8-8E8CC4239943.jpeg

Also check #3 for a pulse.

What a motley crew....

#1 looks like a noob trying hard to appear interested, #2 is either in the potty or has her phone turned the wrong way, #3 is taking a nap, #4 is Mr. Tippity Toppity, explaining to these women how they'll never level up to Diamonoid if they don't work their game 24/7/365, #5 is Jill's sweet Plexus friend, #6 wants to remain incognito, #7 just ran for the hills, and lastly there's our good ol' #8 in full makeup 'cause she wants Mr. 4 to think she's the prettiest of them all.

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Tim owned a business. If he had wanted he probably could have ran that with his brothers and made some decent money. But noooooo he had to go and sell it to partly finance a pipe dream. They don't want to work. They want to play pastor, or be a missionary to a country that's already predominantly religious, or piloting a plane for Jesus. Plus beg for money, just like Mahmo thought them, it's the only thing she thought them well. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Mahmo removed the grift in Timbits'  rambling post on Instagram. Interesting. 

Every time I see this "Mahmo", I read it as Mahalo, which is probably fitting in that she wants to be thanked for being the Best Momma Ever at every turn. But also kind of ironic in that I'm not sure how many other people are actually grateful to have her around...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SMama said:

First, the Rod kids do not think , they are incapable of a single independent thought. As lazy as Jill and David are, the only area where they worked diligently is stunting their kids, making them puppets to their ventriloquist parents.

Jill admitted this in an old post where she was responding to people accusing her and hunk of "brainwashing their children" - Jill said they respond "better to be brainwashed than brain dead"

not sure what the difference is there. If i can find the post i will link it later

• Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Mahmo removed the grift in Timbits'  rambling post on Instagram. Interesting. 

Perhaps she received pushback from one of the few people she allows to comment.  Grifting for Ma and Pa, Phillip, and now Timbits while taking recent vacations is really too much.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Kids looking not happy before they realize Mahmo is taping them. Poor kids look dead eyed…

24ADF3B4-0E79-4780-A572-430886AEE878.jpeg

Those are glares, IMHO.  And it looks to be 10:30 p.m. based on the lights being on in the room.  The two older kids are ok, but that little Not Nurie needs to be in bed.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Kids looking not happy before they realize Mahmo is taping them. Poor kids look dead eyed…

Jill:  😡 Yasssss it up, kids! Or no tomato sauce-ish for you. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I could almost swear I've never seen the younger girl before!  Is she usually excluded from Mamma's endless pictures?  She looks miserable, poor kid.  The older two aren't exactly thrilled, either.  They look like they're being held hostage.

• Sad 3
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I could almost swear I've never seen the younger girl before!  Is she usually excluded from Mamma's endless pictures?  She looks miserable, poor kid.  The older two aren't exactly thrilled, either.  They look like they're being held hostage.

I believe that is Olivia.  She is Jill's "dark" child (seriously her words).  She's usually in the background due to her age, ie not for sale like the Not Nuries and not her most precious lil baby.  

• Sad 7
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, SMama said:

That’s because they ARE being held hostage.

I thought the dark child was Tessie.

Nurie was the original dark child - so dark in fact people thought she was a boy....

Screenshot (303).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 1
26 minutes ago, SMama said:

That’s because they ARE being held hostage.

I thought the dark child was Tessie.

2 minutes ago, beckie said:

I thought Hannah was the one she referred to as her dark child. 

I'll be honest, I can't tell Hannah from Olivia from Tessie.  Just like I can't tell which on is Kaylee and which one is Renee.  Same for the boys outside of Tim and his dye job.  I know there's a Philip and a Samuel,  but the rest are a mystery.   The Rodlings really do blend together in their blandness and misery.

• Sad 4
  • Applause 7
54 minutes ago, beckie said:

I thought Hannah was the one she referred to as her dark child. 

Yes, Hannah is the one Jill most recently referred to as her Dark Child. She does have the darkest coloring of all the kids. 

eta I'm pretty sure the reference was made in a lengthy video Jill made about the kids' hairstyles for church.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
15 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

It’s nice to know that Rodrigues musical cds are available should I ever need to torture anyone…

Well, if you ever need to torture a lot of people at once, the Rods are also selling 1000-tract packs with all our colorful favorites--smileys in two languages, fake money tip, heaven or hell, forced birth, etc. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

At a fair where they also handed out tracts.

F7F6CBBE-F825-4CAE-BD4A-A06816755D34.jpeg

Jill posted a picture of the girls at the animal exhibit.  I want you all to look at the shoes Sadie is wearing.  They’re at least 3 sizes too big for her, and they’re winter shoes, as well.  It’s pitiful and inexcusable.  Just one more reason to despise Jill.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 1
  • Sad 12
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If dark skin equals masculine in her world, then pale men are feminine?

Three of her four sons have very light skin. Did she dress them in blue shirts and baseball caps when they were babies so no one would mistake them for girls? 

Jill has a head full of marbles. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 4

Forgive the quote box. I was trying to compose a post when the screen jumped and now I can't get rid of the quote box.

As far as dark, has Jill said specifically dark skinned? Because as far as I can tell, not one of them (including her hunk), are very dark. A couple of them have dark hair, but none of them are what I'd consider dark.

15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, beckie said:

Forgive the quote box. I was trying to compose a post when the screen jumped and now I can't get rid of the quote box.

As far as dark, has Jill said specifically dark skinned? Because as far as I can tell, not one of them (including her hunk), are very dark. A couple of them have dark hair, but none of them are what I'd consider dark.

Jill uses dark to describe David's olive skin versus her more Anglo-Saxon peaches and cream complexion.  

• Love 2