Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Carlin Bates had a bad fall, and now has a concussion.  Of course, her husband documented it.

Maybe I am an awful person but MAN, the husband bugs me! Actually, they all do.

• Like 4
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Here's a link to the Reddit post. For those who don't want to click, the Rods vacationed somewhere near Intercourse, PA.

Prices were not bad but I found this under the rules

"This is a quiet, adult campground where everyone in your party must be at least 16 years old. "

Cabin rates aren't bad but they state "Per Night for 2 People"

How did all of them stay there? 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

"This is a quiet, adult campground where everyone in your party must be at least 16 years old. "

The cabins look the same maybe this is the wrong place? 

Edited by libgirl2
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Aren't all the boys now 16 and older? That answers why the boys stayed with Nurthan. They probably found a hookup for the stink bus nearby 

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, she's pro HER version of law and order, which involves arming her menfolk to the teeth despite lack of firearms training. 

Ugh. They are menaces to society. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Holy heck.   They are very close to me.    In fact, I will be vacationing up in that area later next month (of COURSE I hit Amish Country, I'm a quilter).   We however will be staying in a very nice airbnb where we will follow the rules.   

But from Ohio to there is a pretty long trip in that stink bus.   The cost of gas alone would be ridiculous.   So much being broke because GWE couldn't work between the storm and spening all that time at the hospital with Ma Noyes.   

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 4
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Could be. I can’t imagine that anyone would actually bother Tim or Jonathan at their workplaces, though. It just seems shady that she won’t reveal even the type of work they’re doing. 

I also think it’s very weird, considering the fact that she shares just about everything else that goes on in Crazytown.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Carlin Bates had a bad fall, and now has a concussion.  Of course, her husband documented it.

The fall was caught by the church’s security system not by Evan.

• Sad 2
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Same. He is particularly foolish and laughable.

He’s immature.  Way too immature to be a husband and father.  JMHO

4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Of course they did. This is why Jill posts the way she does. Jill knows about the FB groups, but I don't know if she knows about Reddit.

All she would have to do is Google her name, and she would find Reddit.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if she prays for all of us demon-possessed heathens?  Does the whole tribe pray for us every night at “devotions”?

Nah, she just posts about the "haters." She never says anything about praying for them. Because this is Jill who doesn't even have time to spare for her own kids. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

It's like some sort of contest over on Reddit to see who is closer to the Rod Fam Vacay Stay.  Like, "omg get out of my neighborhood! i only live an hour away!" and other weird comments like that.  All of central PA has come out for that one Reddit thread 😂

I'm just under an hour away and I felt more icky about them being at the church in Chambersburg a month or so ago... but there was a slight chance I would be driving thru there around that time lol and chances of actually seeing (or hearing the caterwauling/wailing) them - zero. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

So 90x$5=$450

wow that’s a lot. She should stay home not go on vacations 

The price of gas has been steadily decreasing over the last month, so it’s less than $5 a gallon now. I haven’t seen Jill express any appreciation for the decrease, though. 😂

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

The price of gas has been steadily decreasing over the last month, so it’s less than $5 a gallon now. I haven’t seen Jill express any appreciation for the decrease, though. 😂

not here....we JUST got down to less than $6..... i saw $5.5? around today. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, zoomama said:

I paid $5.65 yesterday at Costco, which has the best price around.  It was $2.39 2 years ago when I moved here.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
7 hours ago, zoomama said:

The place down the street is $4.44. I also have a card from there and get 20 cents off a gallon. 

4 minutes ago, skatelady said:

If "Jesus our Lord and Saviour receives all the glory" for this miracle, not the medical professionals, then why go to the hospital?

Exactly! At least say thank you to the staff and may God bless them all or something like that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 14
39 minutes ago, skatelady said:

If "Jesus our Lord and Saviour receives all the glory" for this miracle, not the medical professionals, then why go to the hospital?

I keep waiting for that answer. . . They are hypocrites.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

If he's so great, why the go fund me at all. Can't "Jesus our Lord and Saviour who receives all the glory for this miracle" take care of that as well? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

That is quite a name. 

Quite a terrible name.  So many of these fundies seem to love to make up bad names or take regular names and misspell them.  The Bates' sisters seem to be particularly skilled in the art of giving their kids dumb names.

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Exactly! At least say thank you to the staff and may God bless them all or something like that. 

Jill cannot thank the staff; some of them are living in sin, having unmarried sex.  Others are gays and we all know what an abomination they are.  No doubt, some of the doctors caring for Mama were born in foreign lands and are godless heathens.  Some might even be atheists and heading straight to hell. Jill wouldn't want any of them to mistake a thank you for a sign of approval of their sinful lifestyles.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Notabug said:

Quite a terrible name.  So many of these fundies seem to love to make up bad names or take regular names and misspell them.  The Bates' sisters seem to be particularly skilled in the art of giving their kids dumb names.

I was trying to be nice. lol! 

• LOL 2
On 8/3/2022 at 10:18 PM, oliviabenson said:

Jill can’t pronounce creek. She said crick 😀

I grew up saying crick for creek. It was even an acceptably spelled word in my Pacific Northwest schools. 😁
However, as an adult I say creek because I know that's the correct spelling and pronunciation.😎

• Like 3
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Jill cannot thank the staff; some of them are living in sin, having unmarried sex.  Others are gays and we all know what an abomination they are.  No doubt, some of the doctors caring for Mama were born in foreign lands and are godless heathens.  Some might even be atheists and heading straight to hell. Jill wouldn't want any of them to mistake a thank you for a sign of approval of their sinful lifestyles.

But all of these heathen medical professionals are good enough for them when they need them. Maybe they should find some approved fundie doctors. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 3

Cambree Layne sounds like a tourist area in a quaint British village. 

The Rods spent money going from their Amish Country neighborhood in Ohio to Amish Country in Pennsylvania, but at least they didn't have to drive all the way to Texas to take advantage of a free beach house with a private pool. Nurthan paid for a cabin, while Jill and Davy and girls slept in the sweaty stink bus. I'm sure they spent some lovely evenings gathered around a barbecue grill singing gospel songs. Jill can be so practical when her major grifts fall through.

Of course, Nathan, Tim, and probably Phillip had to contribute their hard-earned money toward the Rods' annual family reunion (code for "you will NEVER escape our little cult).

• Like 1
  • Love 12

My mom was from the south and my dad from central MA so they tossed around Rs & Ss with abandon. For the most part my siblings and I escaped this, but I do say warshing machine and idear fairly often.

I totally lean into the evolution of the English language and will adopt anything thrown out there.

Where was JillR and her siblings raised?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3